• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gang War Rp Interest Check!

Gang Wars

Howdy! I haven't run a group rp in *checks notes* literal years so we'll see what happens. This is an interest check for a gang wars type rp. As per rpn's site rules, overly violent scenes will be contained in an offsite discord so please come into this interest check understanding that the ic will take place both onsite AND on discord!

A few things to consider: I will ask that people be over the age of 18! Due to the nature of gangs, be advised that uncomfortable topics will be brought up in any ic thread attached to this rp!

The main plot behind this is there are four gangs that reside in Some City, California that are all (with varying degrees of interest and success) vying to control the territory they share. I'm open to plot points and suggestions should people have any ideas! Each gang will have ONE leader and ONE second in command. These positions will likely be decided based on who submits the best characters. Otherwise, there is no limit to the number of characters a single player may have, nor will there be a limit on how many characters are in each gang (this is subject to balance!)

The Four Factions (These are subject to change. Anyone with better ideas feel free to share!)

The Vigilant

A gang group that keeps mostly to themselves. They try to be what the name suggests, vigilantes, in that they protect (or at the very least completely ignore) the innocent. This is the gang runaways are most likely adopted into. A little bit of everything happens with these guys, grand theft, burglary, drug use and weapons dealings. The goal of the Vigilant is to protect their own, and they will stop at nothing to keep each other safe. Once a Vigilant, always a Vigilant. Nobody leaves, but nobody is left behind. The main goal Vigilant, is to eradicate the other three factions, particularly Strikers and Pixie Dust.

Strikers

A gang that deals largely in illegal arms trade. They have contacts all over the globe that allow them to get their hands on any sort of weapon imaginable from guns and ammunitions, to rocket launchers and hand grenades. These are the kind of people others go to when they're desperate for a hitman. The vast majority of Striker members pride themselves as assassins, or hitmen for hire. Strikers are good friends with Pixie Dust, but hate Legion and Vigilant.

Legion

Less of a gang, per say, and more of a cult, the Legion are the shadows of the city. They deal in information, and have extreme ways of obtaining the knowledge they want. Some are little more than gifted hackers, while others go as far as to kidnap, extort, blackmail and on the rare occasion, torture to gain the secrets of everyone around them. There are strict rules to follow when getting into the Legion, and even stricter rules to follow once someone's in. Don't let them fool you, they might look the least dangerous of the Four Factions, but that is far from the case.

Pixie Dust

FOR THE TIME BEING PIXIE DUST IS CLOSED TO NEW CHARACTERS!!!

Pixie Dust is the name of the drug ring in town. Nearly all of the drugs going in and out of California, and the majority of the West Coast and Southwestern United States goes through the Pixie Dust ring. Pixie Dust is largely in it for the money, the drugs, the party and the fun. Between them and Striker, they make the lives of the Vigilant hell. They're the least likely to care about the targets painted on their backs, nor the lives of people they destroy with their toxins.

So yeah! That's about it!
-Ace

P.S Be Gay, Do Crimes >:]

We've got a Character Thread! Come post your criminal masterminds here!
We've also got an OOC discord! Check that out here!

Last edited:
I'd like to throw my hat in for the Leader of The Strikers, please.:-)

I was thinking of a middle aged man that has a prosthetic left arm and right leg. Each holds either a spare gun or Dagger for quick assassinations.

His years and quick wit have allowed him to be a successful arms dealer and while he can be understanding to incidental failure, he does not take kindly to repeated failures.

I was thinking of a middle aged man that has a prosthetic left arm and right leg. Each holds either a spare gun or Dagger for quick assassinations.

His years and quick wit have allowed him to be a successful arms dealer and while he can be understanding to incidental failure, he does not take kindly to repeated failures.
Sounds rad as hell, I'll probably wait another day or two to gauge where people are at interest wise before making up a character sheet!

I've got a couple characters, but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as leader of the Pixie dust gang. I've got a character named Aerona. She's a middle-aged Dutch woman who's only goal in life is to grow her personal power. She's a single mother, a femme-fatale, and a cunning villain character. She's a talented negotiator, who's connection with the underworld allowed her to grow her drug empire into what it is today.

I have other characters, one is her son, the other is another male his age who could work with any of the gangs. I also have another badass female character~

I've got a couple characters, but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as leader of the Pixie dust gang. I've got a character named Aerona. She's a middle-aged Dutch woman who's only goal in life is to grow her personal power. She's a single mother, a femme-fatale, and a cunning villain character. She's a talented negotiator, who's connection with the underworld allowed her to grow her drug empire into what it is today.
I'll keep this in mind! She sounds cool!

Fantastic! I have an assortment of characters as well, though my totally stable scientist should do for the Pixie dust. Not sure if he's 'management' material but who knows! I may also have a passed Striker who's now a Vigilante ? There are many possibilities honestly, though those are the two I'm sort of zeroing in on!

Fantastic! I have an assortment of characters as well, though my totally stable scientist should do for the Pixie dust. Not sure if he's 'management' material but who knows! I may also have a passed Striker who's now a Vigilante ? There are many possibilities honestly, though those are the two I'm sort of zeroing in on!
Lit! I'm excited to learn about this character that jumped ship from one to the other! It'd be a cool story point to build into the rp for sure!

Super random but I haven't RPed in years (whole lotta background history that I'd be happy to share lol) but came across this thread and it really caught my attention! No idea how to get involved or what to do from here but please do hmu :)

Super random but I haven't RPed in years (whole lotta background history that I'd be happy to share lol) but came across this thread and it really caught my attention! No idea how to get involved or what to do from here but please do hmu :)
Heyyyyyy Nice! Welcome back to the swing of things! (Randomer question, but you didn't happen to be on the old warrior cats forums did you? Your username seems familiar.) I'll be making a discord for ooc chatter, planning (and eventually the less rpnation friendly topics when it comes to violence and such). The best way to get involved will be to join that once I get it up and running!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back