• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Games, Anyone?

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome back to another round of seeking RP partners

Please read the rules, there is literally a code in there.

1. Don’t GodMod. What this means is, do not control my character(s). Don’t make them speak, don’t make them attack, don’t even make them dodge (different then making your character miss). The only GodModding that tends to be okay with me, is movement, if characters are already moving. Timeskips, you should ask about, until we get a flow. When in doubt, ask.

2. Play multiple characters. Doubling is a necessity, and in all of these, so is playing more than that. They may not be your “mains”, but these are stories with numerous characters of various importances. You’ll be expected to play more than “Just female” or “Just male”.

3. Give me more than a couple of lines. Really, if you’re playing two MCs in a scene, I expect around 20-40 sentences, at least. That’s about two paragraphs for each MC. I’d generally prefer more, but honestly some scenes just don’t call for it. Just don’t expect to give me five sentences and think I’m going to respond. I won’t.

4. On that note – I’m not looking for 2000+ words every time. This is lazy-lit. If 2000 words happens, it happens, but it’s not the expectation. 1000+ words is a bit more acceptable, but I’m looking more in the range of 400-1000, depending on what the scene needs.

5. Character sheets are non-negotiable. They may be small things that state the basics, but they’re required. To show you’ve read this far, let me know what your favorite food is!

6. I’m only RPing on RPNation, and only on Threads. OOC will be in PMs. I’m not doing discord.

Guidelines of a sort

1. I enjoy OOC chatter! Share memes with me, how your day’s going, other random things. It’s okay!

2. Do not bump the IC thread. Just. No “Ooc” in the “Ic” thread. Period.

3. Romance: I enjoy romance in a plot, and for the FF ones, I’d like it involved. Squid Game, given the nature, not a requirement or expectation. However, plot comes before romance. Romance is not the plot. I hope that makes sense.

The tl;dr of what I’m looking for in this thread: Squid Game and Final Fantasy. I’m always looking for SW but this isn’t what this ad is for.

ANYWAYS, the details!

Squid Game

We noticed how there were the VIPs, and they each work masks, and spoke in English and Mandarin. I like the idea of the games possibly moving about, each VIP taking a turn as “host”. So, I’d like to place the games in America, following the one in Korea. We can have a new Korean host Il-Nam died of his brain tumor, or we can use Hwang In-ho as the new Host. I’m not too concerned about the identities of the VIP and Hosts being kept “canon”. For all I care, the events of the Squid Game from the show can be retconned. I kind of liked the idea that some of the VIPs might be cannibals, since what happens to the bodies doesn’t matter.

I’m not really going to do CanonxOC shipping in this. If there’s any shipping, it’s OCxOC.

I just want to play with the idea of it: people who are desperate to gamble their lives for life-changing money in America, and bored rich people betting on their plight.

I think it’s also acceptable to allow for more than one winner. I think it could have been done in the Squid Game. However, I’m not married to that – I’m okay with bitter endings where only one wins, too.

These are some of the game ideas I’ve had, so you can consider what I’m bringing to the table:

1. Red Rover. Two teams of players, calling over others. Anyone who breaks into the other team’s wall can’t be called over again – but they’re not safe. Anyone who fails to break through a wall, dies. The two people who are “holding ground” against an onrusher will be killed if they break and let the other person pass. This would continue until all have attempted to pass, or there are not enough people left to pass. This sounds like a #3 or #4 game. Definitely up to modifications – however I don’t think it would be good to allow the defenders not to die – otherwise they’ll let anyone pass without repercussions (except lost money).

2. The Floor Is Lava. Likely similar to the glass game, but with lava and/or fire at the bottom. I would want it to be more of a balance game, not a competition game or even a risk, except perhaps that some of the pillars above move, rather than break. Likely a good #2 game.

3. Simon Says! I think this would be a great starting game, the goal of course being to do what Simon Says for a set amount of time. Anyone who ends up tricked (does an act when Simon doesn’t say), or fails to perform, would die.

4. Four Square. Probably a good one for forming up teams, and then betrayal. One of the three would have to die. Tetherball could also be an option, though I’m not sure either are good for “long” games that would draw out the tension. Horse – the basketball game – could also work.

5. Capture the Flag. Honestly, I never played this as a kid, though I know the idea is to capture the other team’s flag and bring it back, without getting your flag captured. Likely a good “big” team thing, like 10 people to a team.

6. Scavenger Hunt – a team game, where there are only enough items to be found, for a certain number of teams, so like the last 2 would be eliminated.

7. Duck Duck Goose – similar to Red Rover, except that whoever the Goose chooses, if they fail to catch them, they die. Similarly, if Goose is caught, Goose dies.

8. LIMBO! Who doesn’t like Limbo? Especially when the Limbo could be a guillotine that falls on anyone who fails?

I’m definitely open to other games, especially more traditional “girl” games – I don’t know many despite being a girl that would work for this. I’m open to modifying the games, too! I don’t feel I have a good “betrayal” game, like the marbles in the show. A card game could work, to make things slower – like War or Go Fish.

I’ve definitely got OC ideas. Students in debt (there’s plenty here). Medical debt. The more mundane things rather than gang debt or loan sharks, though those are certainly options, too! It could just be someone who’s always been poor, or like 240, someone who just got out of jail with nothing. I think it might be interesting to have “legit” people dying of terminal illnesses there who don’t have much to lose, hoping to get something for their families or their last bit of time on earth.

As for a sort of “underplot”, I don’t have that fleshed out. Another “cop investigating things” seems cliché. Perhaps something with the children of the Hosts could be involved? If one of them were in it, and not protected, that could make for some drama behind the scenes. I’m more or less open to ideas, or just doing it straight – Squid Games with no drama beyond the players.

OH! Though speaking of that – in the nature of “equality”, no one is allowed to ruin another person’s chances of winning, aka no killing another player. No monetary reward is given, and possibly there are consequences for the one who did the killing.

Final Fantasy (General)

I have a thread up with details on it, so I may repeat myself here.

I’ve played FF1, FF2, FF4, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF12, FF13, FF Tactics, FF7: Crisis Core, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus, FF10-2. I’ve beaten all except 1 & 2. I just didn’t have them long enough.

What I like in Final Fantasy is the drama of saving the world, the villains not always being what they seem (Kuja, Edea, Seymour and Sin, Vayne and Venat, etc etc), and the summons adding layers to the story and not just being there (looking at YOU 7).

I also like using motifs with these – Chess Pieces, Tarot Cards, Zodiac (not looking for Zodiac right now), Flowers, Animals, Elements – I like unifying themes that also end up applying to the villains.

I also tend to prefer the more Medieval/Renaissance Era of technology and such. I’m not opposed to more “modern day” options, FF8 was a masterpiece, but I really like more around FFXII – a mix of questionable technology – guns and airships alongside swords and plate armor.

Do I have a plot? No.

Am I able to spitball a plot if given ideas? Absolutely.

Will you like that plot? Well…I make no guarantees, but that’s what brainstorming is for. This will be quite world-building heavy.

Final Fantasy (Specific)

So! Not interested in an original Final Fantasy? I got you.

FFVIII: I’m willing to play post-game, without the canon characters. Some years after they’ve passed on, Garden is still running now as a mercenary organization for fiends, awaiting the next Lunar Cry or other kind of crisis. The Centra continent is being restored, old technology is being found. The White SeeD Ship helps new sorceresses in secret.

Except they’re being hunted down and killed.

Hyne has returned with his Knightess, and Hyne wants his full power back that he gave to humanity in the form of Sorceresses.

FFX: A doomed Summoner Party makes its journey to Zanarkand. If this is Pre-Yuna, they are doomed, and this would also incorporate the story of Yojimbo being stolen away.

Take Two: Willing to play in canon times, and add in OCs. Yes, willing to do CanonxOC ships.

FFXII: Canon times, adding OCs into the mix, preferably to help further address more with the backstory of the summons, and the Occuria, and flesh things out more with all of that, somehow. We got a lot of Summon lore – but it was all in the bestiary, not as an actual part of the narrative.

Not willing to do any of the other canon times or worlds, so don’t ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back