Video Games Game recommendations with strong leading women

Every Touhou game only consists of female characters (unless you count a wise old turtle, a girl's pet cat, and a cloud spirit who have very minor roles), and the games are all free off the Moriya Shrine website. If you have even a quarter-decent computer, you can easily run these games. Unless you're willing to practice bullet hell, though, I'd recommend Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody or Touhou 13.5: Hopeless Masquerade.

Bullet Hell is fine, if you've played Undertale. And seeing local cryptid local cryptid 's profile picture of Undyne (I assume, maybe my eyes are defying me as its 3aM) I assume they've played Undertale. And Undertale's main character, Frisk, can be male or female, depending on how you depict he/she.

I also suggest Horizon - Zero Dawn. My boyfriend just got it, and he's been obsessed. Aloy is a really strong character, I think you'll like it. Fair warning, the game Horizon Zero Dawn costs $80, plus the DLC which is supposed to release soon. Plus Horizon is an open-world, leaving you and Aloy chances to appreciate the really well-done scenery and lighting.

Another I forgot to mention was Bayonetta. There's a lot of fun gameplay in that. Anyways, gotta go! See you later!

J'eanne D'Arc (PSP) is a great turn-based RPG with well-developed characters. The story is fantastic and there's no fan service in the game.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PS Vita and PC) is a turn-based JRPG with a great female main character. The other supporting characters are also well developed and I think the game doesn't rely on typical jrpg character stereotypes. There's one female character who is sexualized but other than that, I love this game.

Another one for PC is The Longest Journey. It's a pretty old point-and-click adventure game set in a dystopian/cyberpunk world. The story is really interesting and there are sequels too!

The last game I have to recommend is Aveyond (PC). It's an RPG that I played a long time ago and I liked it a lot.

That's all I can think of for now!

J'eanne D'Arc (PSP) is a great turn-based RPG with well-developed characters. The story is fantastic and there's no fan service in the game.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PS Vita and PC) is a turn-based JRPG with a great female main character. The other supporting characters are also well developed and I think the game doesn't rely on typical jrpg character stereotypes. There's one female character who is sexualized but other than that, I love this game.

Another one for PC is The Longest Journey. It's a pretty old point-and-click adventure game set in a dystopian/cyberpunk world. The story is really interesting and there are sequels too!

The last game I have to recommend is Aveyond (PC). It's an RPG that I played a long time ago and I liked it a lot.

That's all I can think of for now!

Definitely seconding Trails in the Sky. If you get into it it'll last you quite a long time as there's actually two games that cover Estelle's story and both are quite lengthy especially if you enjoy running around and talking to NPCs. The NPC dialogue in these games is extremely well done with the stuff they say changing with every little story event, and you can kind of follow the NPCs stories just by checking in on them and talking to them a lot. A third game was just released in English this week but it has different main characters and I don't know much about it because I've been trying to avoid spoilers.

Which reminds me I still haven't actually played my copy of Second Chapter yet... I should get on that soon.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this here yet but both Portals (1 & 2) feature strong leading women in protagonist AND antagonist roles. And they're great games :v

Knights of the Old Republic, if you play as a female.
I feel so retro.
KOTOR was my childhood.
This. Definitely this. And play the second one with the Restored Content mod , it's very good too (though vastly underrated).

Also , I've found another diehard KOTOR player/fan! (And maybe one who also plays Female in the first game!)

I don't know if you'd count it, but Freedom Planet has three female main characters. It's basically like a 2D Sonic game, but much better than the originals. It even has fully voiced cutscenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back