• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Game Over (Closed)

Kishune

One of Oblivion
GameOver1_zps6df7fd3d.jpg

Profiles / / OOC / / Info Thread

b7befd14-d066-44f9-8784-1540a422e9dd.png

There is a Company that announced the possibility of actual virtual reality becoming well...Reality! Some of the most brilliant minds and skillful technicians, and programmers on the planet had a hand in making this tech. They uses the most advanced technology known to man to make this system exist, and are sending invitations out to few to Beta test this new system. These lucky few will be thrown into a virtual fantasy game to help with the flaws in this new system, and they won't be just helping with the development of the game side of the system. No they will help with other possibilities the Company has for the system, that we hope can come to fruition. And all these Beta testers have to do is play through the game!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Greetings, ____________,

You have been selected to test out our brand new and world's first Virtual Reality System! You have been selected by The Company's 'Natural Selection Program'. You have the characteristic to help us turn this system into perfection, and hope that you accept our offer of a life time. Of course we won't be having you do this for free!. Once the testing is done, and we have perfected this great new technology, Each Tester will be given a copy of the game and Virtual Reality System of their very own and will each be a 1% cut at the time the Product is up on sale!

Now here's how the system works: It sinks into the conscientiousness of the player through the head gear, and pulls the person to an unconscious state where the Motor skills are deactivated. There it connected the senses of the player to the the game that he/she is going to play, making the most realistic sensation a game can ever bring. If you touch something in a game, with this system we made, you'll feel like you actually touched something. It's so precisest that you could feel the textures as well. But all things in testing have a few kinks to work out, but on't worry though, as testing commences the staff of The Company will be working constantly on maintenance to fix any problem to keep the players safe.

The Game that the selected players are going to be playing is a Fantasy Game. This game does seem like your typical Role Playing game, but the experience will be like nothing like any other RPG out there! You'll fight monsters with the best AI any game could ever give you. And the possibilities are endless. You can become a hero, a villain, king, or a legend among legends.

Now The choice is yours! Will you take part into the invention that could change the world as we know it and become some thing great within the virtual world? Or miss out on this once in a life time opportunity!?

Announcements

Last edited:
  • Austin
    c03fe2fc-7a7d-4326-858a-d140856dd742_zpsm0wehbvc.jpg
    Setting
    Where:
    Company building - Break room

With:
    Other testers

Thoughts:
    Something's off...
    It was a hot August morning when a guy with a mess of long red hair woke up and yawned. He looked around remembering he wasn’t in his house, but an apartment. He had traveled to do this testing for a new game system that he was invited to do. He then got up and walked around the apartment to prepare to leave, still a bit groggy from the jet lag. He turned on the new just to have background noise. “…The temperature’s going to be in the mid to low 90s with the chance of…” a weather person announced on the TV. “So, another hot day huh?” He said to himself as he tied his hair back. “Well guess it’ll be a perfect day to stay in and play games.” He said before he turned off the TV as he put on a blazer. He then walked out the door of the now empty apartment.

After an hour of driving in a taxi, with nothing but his thoughts on this project and what it could bring to the gaming community; He arrived on time to the company building. He stepped out and looked out and paid the taxi driver before looking up at the building. It was definitely an uneven structure, just like most modern buildings were. The guy raised it eyebrow at it. ‘Is this even structurally suited to be an office building?’ He thought then looked back at the taxi driver. “Hey you sure you dropped me off at the…” Before he could finish the driver took off not bothering to answer. “Wow, great hospitality…” He said dully then sighed as he just headed in.

He walked in and up to the front desk, where what seemed to be an intern working. “Um, exscuse me? This the company that sent this out?” He asked as he showed the invitation. The intern looked at it then looked at her computer. “Ah yes, Austin, the professional gamer. You are just on time.” She told him. “Ah you may need verification…” He said as he then went through his jacket to look for his wallet. “No need. The invite is all the verification you’ll need.” The intern said with a smile as she then started to type away at her computer. “Uh, ok…?” He said confused then the printer beside her started printing something. The intern then grabbed it and handed it to him. “Here you go. This is a fill out of personal information such as health.” She started and Austin took it. “Yeah I understand that…” He said as he looked it over. “There is also a contract saying that if anything that happens to you here is under no circumstance where you can sue.” She said with a smile that almost seemed smug. Austin raised an eyebrow at this but looked on through the papers. “And the last one is confidentiality agreement. I’m sure you know what that means at least?” She said almost as if to question her own statement. Austin looked at her dully getting agitated with her attitude. “I’ll need the contract and confidentiality agreement before you can go past this point.” She told him. Austin sighed and signed his name on both without actually reading them and handed them over. She took them with a smile then directed him down the hall. “This way please.” She said then walked with him down the hall. As they walked down the hall, Austin heard the doors to the building open and he looked back behind him. He saw a shorter person wearing a hood come in with another guy in a suit. “Another tester…?” He asked himself. ‘Shouldn’t he be hot in that hoodie?’ He thought then shrugged it off.

As they walked through the hall Austin looked at the fill out paper he had left. ‘Now this is different. I only needed to do confidentiality agreements before to test a game or get a better look before launch…’ He thought then looked around. ‘Then again it is a form of new technology.’ He thought as they walked through the empty halls. “Wait shouldn’t there…” She started but was interrupted. “And here is where you will wait till the other testers are here.” The intern said as she opened the door to let him in. Austin walked in and was a bit surprised to see it looked like some sort of play/break room. They had a pool table, dart board; some arcade cabinets; as well as a kitchen like area with a soda fountain and coffee maker. Austin looked around a bit still a bit amazed they had this much stuff for a break room. “You’ll be waiting in here till preparations for the testing have been made.” The intern said before leaving back to the front desk. Austin then just sat down at the counter to fill out the rest of the paper work; not noticing if any one came in just yet.

Blisteringly hot mornings were no strange at all to Jay. Summer's here had always been like this. So she was clad in a pair of jean shorts and a loose-fitting blue T-shirt with a cartoon frog's face upon it, that she left her single-floor home in the city's downtown. Already missing the wonderfully effective, albeit expensive air-conditioning system she has inside. A bit of slightly hinting complaints to her father saw dealt with quickly. She looks skyward and sneers at the sun. Oh come on! She complains in her mind with an outward sigh. She puts on a pair of shades begrudgingly. Not a single dang cloud in sight. Pain in the damn ass... Jay starts her walk down the streets, vaguely remembering the building she'd been invited too. It sounded like a wonderful way to waste some time, to see what it's all about. Who knows, might be a bit of fun. She takes the invitation out of her back pocket to look over it once more. Jay takes a little bit of a detour on her way, stopping at a coffee place to order herself a rather large cup of sugar-and-creme loaded caffeine. So much so that it's almost white. Perfect to her. A tersely polite exchange with the cashier who's paid to be clingingly cheerful, "Mh, yes thank you have a good day." Jay offers, not wanting to seem awkward or hurried. And failing, likely.

Caffeine in hand as she enters the companies front door, Jay strides up, as much as her short legs will allow for striding, to the front counter. "Yes uh, hello. I'm here for this... thing." She says, planting the invitation on the desk. Sticking her hands in her shorts pockets. "Good morning Miss... Jay." The Intern offers with something like a smile. "You've got some forms to fill out." Given the same go-through as the last guy, with less hassle. Jay had come in to this with no expectations, making it go rather smooth. The health information, the confidentiality agreement, the liability contract. She signs the sheet as told to in her overexaggerated signature, handing what's needed back to the woman behind the desk. The Intern then points down the hall, towards a room. Jay follows her directed finger as the Intern explains "Down there, you'll wait for the testing to begin." Jay nodding along. "The other testers'll be in there too, as they come." "Oh! There's others? Now I feel much less special" Jay says with a quiet snicker to herself. One that isn't shared by the Intern.

Jay leaves, feeling a little satisfied leaving the Intern feeling awkward. Down the hall she walks. Pushing the door open, peeking her head inside. "Hello?" She calls to whoever would be inside. Two men. Maybe. Ginger delinquent and a Beta. Nice. Not things she'd share outwardly, but she can't help but judge people. It's fun after all. She pushes the door open further, to walk in to the room. With an almost imperceptible smirk, she opens with the classic awkward conversation starter. "Nice weather we're having, huh?"

Kishune Kishune

NAME : JASON BAUTISTA

USERNAME: UNAVAILABLE

UNIDENTIFIED: 100%

TAGS:
Kishune Kishune
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

"Hey.. Are you sure you gave me the right address, girlie?" A male spoke, seemingly aloud. At closer inspection, one would notice an earpiece attached to his right ear, with its counterpart dangling over his collar. "I dunno, aren't you the one that's supposed to be here right now, not me?" He spoke again with a playful scoff, tilting his chin down to clearly speak into the small piece of machinery at his collar. He rose a hand up to his forehead, wiping away the thin sheen of sweat that had built up on his forehead from the sun's early heat.

In his hands was a folded up letter, the invitation for some demo on a virtual reality game yet to be released. Jason couldn't care less about some videogame demo. Whatever time consuming and money grabbing idea this was, he would usually want to have nothing to do with it. But of course, Jason got stuck participating in it anyway, thanks to the inability of one of the only important people in his life to do so herself. Brianna, Bri, the love of his young college life, his girlfriend, and the only lover of videogames in this relationship. Cue the whiplash sounds and jokes..

"Yeah, I'll call you later to tell you how it is. Mhm, if I don't call you within the next three hours then the pixels have already stolen my brain for who knows when." A smile grew on his lips as he spoke, along with a roll of the eyes to compliment his exaggeration. "Gotcha. I'd be dead. Not by them, by you. Your fault. Uhuh, buh bye, love you too." Jason would reach down into his pocket, pressing a button on the screen of his phone to end the call.

It was at about the same time that Jason walked through the sliding glass door of the building, instinctively walking towards the lady stationed at the nearest desk. "Hi there, good morning. Er, I'm here for that demo thing.. The.." Jason unfolded the letter in his hands, rapidly scanning through its text with squinted eyes to give her more detail.

"The Virtual Reality System, yes? The intern asked assuredly, not for her verification, rather for his. She suppressed a short chuckle, then quickly reached beneath the desk to hand him a few documents. "You'll need to read through this and then sign at the bottom. All it is is a contract and confidentiality form, which you need to have completed prior to testing the system."

Jason opened his mouth to speak, only to be quickly cut off by the intern. "And yes. We are well aware that you are a substitute for Brianna. Minor accommodations have been made to suit you. But please, if you plan to do something like that in the future it would be polite for both you and her to contact us, not just her." She had answered the question before it had even come out of his mouth, leaving him dumbfounded and rather embarrassed to be called out in such a way. He simply gave a nod of his head before quickly scribbling his name at the bottom of each of the given documentation. "Thank you Mr. .." She took a moment to search the documents for his name, looking down towards his scribbled signature before looking back towards him with a smile. ".. Jason. The waiting room is down the hall, second room to your left."

"Thank you, have a nice rest of your day." Jason responded along with a quick nod of the head, hastily making his way towards where she had directed him. "Three minutes in, and these people are already scaring the hell out of me.. I hope the rest of these video game players are just as much of a greenhorn as I am.."

Jason's entry into the room was nothing extraordinary. At the turn of the doorknob, he slowly opened the door to peek his head in. He was wary of making sure he opened up the right room, lest he walk right into the middle of some board meeting and get kicked out of the building for life. But no, nothing that exciting. Within the room, he spotted three others. A fiery redheaded male, a hooded male who looked to be the complete opposite of the former attire-wise, and a girl he could only assume was geeky because of the frog shirt she was wearing and.. well.. she was here.

Jason rose a hand up, giving them all a single wave while he mouthed a silent drawn out "Helloo..". He ended his greeting with a less-than enthusiastic close-mouthed smile, quickly grabbing one of the closest seats for himself.

Jason Whit woke up rather quickly and got out of bed, stretching lazily. His eye flicked over the girl he had brought home yesterday. What was her name? Never mind that, why did his friend have.... Never mind, he wasn't going to go there. Hopefully his friend would take care of the house while he was away. Well, he could afford to repair damages. He shook his head and headed down to his gym room to do his morning exercise. It was modern style gym room with several movie moniters from which he could watch his game replays as he exercised. Everything was about his work and life. It took a lot to maintain his life style. Today he had a demo run that promised to pay rather well. It could possibly replace some of his current games if he did well in demo.

Once he was done with his morning routine, he checked his hair, perfectly styled. He smiled at himself and got into a casual buttoned shirt, currently in style. Even gamers had to keep up with style, one of the reasons he had gotten many contracts was his looks and natural ease even if he wasn't the best gamer. He grabbed the keys to his car, an Audi, and slipped out of the house leaving his guests to sleep. Jason Whit slipped into his car and started it. The smooth sound of the engine soothed him as he started down the road. The drive was pretty long so he set it into autodrive and watched the scenery for awhile before playing a couple games of a mobile game giving a commentary and uploaded the video to the internet. Jason flipped through his last video and commented on a few of the posts. Hmm, his car was pulling into the parking lot. He pulled the key out and got out of the car and walked into the building.

Whistling as he approached the lady at the front desk, he leaned over on the desk. "Hello miss, I'm here for the demo for Game Over. Where do I sign?" He gave his most dazzling smile.

The lady blushed slightly at his proximity before pushing him lightly back. Not bad, not completely out of her comfort zone, so she wasn't averse to him. "Jason Whit?"

"The one and only man."

"A popular man, here are your papers."

"Well I'm glad you know me."

"Could I get your autograph?" Her eyes sparkled, and of course who could resist a beautiful woman? He quickly signed one with a note that made her blush before he fell back to working on his application which he quickly finished and turned in. She pointed him in the direction he had to go, still slightly flushed. He walked quickly to the room and opened the door calmly and blew into the room and acknowledged those around him with a quick. "Hello compatriots"

The invitation was still crisp. He had read it once and neatly folded it away, sliding the paper into an inner pocket of his jacket. The invitation used a general format leaving out any specific details or reasoning. Alfred didn't know why he had been chosen or even how. He did play several video games, but they were mostly old MMORPGs that no one had even heard of. In some he was at the top of the leaderboards, but that was almost by default because of how few players reached end game content. He had a slight perfectionist streak in him. Play every mission, choose each decision once, get every achievement, it was how he kept himself busy these days. The invitation was directed to him, but knowing their brother, his sisters had opened it for him.

Alfred knew that he couldn't spend his life cooped up in his room. The thought of making some money along with enjoying a game seemed to good to be true. He did a bit of research, and everything seemed to check out. The next day he was in the car with his eldest sister, being driven to the company building where the test would take place.

"Okay, say it with me, 'Hi, my name is Alfred, it's nice to meet you.' Com'n you do it to." His sister nudged him making the car swerve just enough to make him gasp. "Oops, probably shouldn't do that... But you know, I'm not letting you keep your phone, you'll need to practice or you voice will be shaky."

"I got it. I'll be fine, see. No probem- Eh, problem at all." Alfred coughed a bit, his throat stung as his spoke.

His sister only gave him a glance as she kept driving. Within the hour they arrived at the building. He was about to get out when she grabbed his arm. "Take your jacket, it might be cold in there."

Alfred nodded, despite the heat telling him no. He slipped on his jacket and waved goodbye as he closed the door. His sister gave him a smile and waited for him to enter the building before driving off.

Inside, he cheeked his pockets for the invitation as he approached the reception desk. Checking his inner pockets he sighed to himself. 'Guess I needed my jacket anyway.' He took out the invitation which seemed to act as verification. After signing the forms and speaking as little as possible, he made his way to waiting room. At the door, he took a deep breath before entering.

Beyond the door were five others. 'This must be some kind of publicity test. Some of these guys are pretty famous. And there's not nearly enough people to gather data on. One girl, three guys, and someone in the corner.' Alfred gave a slight nod as he glanced at everyone before taking a seat near the hooded person.

He spoke in almost a whisper, "You seem like the loner type, same as me. Before some extrovert starts s-something I thought it'd be good a idea to pair up. We don't have to be friends or anything...um, I'm Alfred."

Hesitantly, he offered a hand. It was hard to see the persons face because of the hood, a hand shake might tell him something.

Last edited:
BZZZT!

Groaning softly, a silver haired teen's hand shot out to hit the snooze button of the alarm clock placed on the table beside his bed. Thank God it's morning. Opening his one good eye, Gabriel ran his hands down his face, then looked up at the plain white ceiling of his room as he tried to push the dream-or nightmare rather-he had been having previously away. Unfortunately for him parts lingered, like a long lasting cold. He could remember hearing his sister's familiar laugh, a glimpse of his sister's long grey hair in his vision as she walked ahead of him, and suddenly she disappeared, fading into nothingness. He screamed her name to no avail, his hand outstretched for her, then heard the whooshing sound of an approaching vehicle from behind. He turned instinctively to face what was coming, his legs turning into cement as he did. Then there were bright lights, a blaring horn ringing through his ears, and nothing as the dream was cut off by his alarm clock....

Sitting up, he swung his legs over the side of the bed, refusing to think of it anymore for the time being. As his friend Cecilia had told him, he needed to move forward. He stood, his bare feet touching the wooden floorboards beneath as he felt the familiar throbbing pain in his right leg. He limped to the small bathroom, opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed a few pills of a painkiller, swallowing them as he chugged down a large class of water before going on with the rest of the morning routine. As he ate some cereal, his eyes met the letter in the middle of the counter, already having the typed words to memory. Greeting Gabriel! You have been selected to test our brand new...Gabriel rolled his eye, wondering what had possessed him to decide to undergo this venture. After...after the accident, he really just didn't feel like playing video games anymore, so it seemed silly, and yet, a part of his interest was piqued. Virtual reality had really come so far? Having a love for science and tech, he couldn't resist seeing what it would be like. He wasn't sure how they managed to get a hold of him. It must have been a random selection. Oh well. He had already bought a plane ticket to the city in which the beta testing would be held, so he couldn't turn back now. Just as he opened the door, he glanced around his apartment again. It had been two weeks since he had left home, no longer able to stand his father anymore, and so far everything was good as it could be considering the circumstances. As he didn't have a lot of money, it was small, barely looked lived in, with only the basics present: A living room, bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen. But it was his. Smiling slightly to himself, Gabriel shut the door, locked it, and made his way to the airport in his car. Once there, he began to scowl, trying to ignore the stares of those he passed. He had mostly gotten used to it, but after awhile it got tiring.

Halfway through the flight, a little girl who had been peering at him curiously the whole time asked, "Hey mister. Why do you wear an eyepatch? Are you a pirate?"

"Lisa!"
A woman he assumed was her mother scolded. "Don't ask him that!"

Despite himself, Gabriel chuckled. He had a soft spot for kids, no matter the circumstances in regards to his injuries. Some adults, on the other hand, he had a problem with though for obvious reasons. "It's alright, miss." Gabriel told the woman before looking at the girl again. He smiled gently. "I wear an eyepatch because I got injured awhile back. It hurts only sometimes." Mostly because of the pain killers. Besides the fact that neither his parents nor he could afford getting a glass eye due to his mounting medical bills, he just didn't feel like sugarcoating the fact that he had, well, lost an actual eye. It was a grim reminder of what had happened and a part of him didn't want to forget it. If people couldn't get it through their thick skulls that it wasn't polite to stare, that was their problem. And yet, some people, he realized, probably pitied him or thought he was some wanna-be delinquent who had gotten himself into trouble, that being only human nature. It made him angry, even though he didn't show it. He didn't need anyone's pity and hated stereotypes.

Realizing his thoughts were drifting, he turned his attention back to mother and child. Lisa inclined her head to the side, no doubt about to ask another question, but her mother stopped her. Nothing eventful happened the rest of the trip. Off the plane with his belongings, he rode a taxi, put them in a room within a cheap motel, and made his way to the rather inconspicuous building where the beta testing would take place. Inside, he saw a woman at the front desk and approached her. She looked as if something or someone had frazzled her. "Can I help y-" She stopped for a moment, taking a good look at him, then continued expertly, "H-how may I help you, sir?"

Showing her his ID and the letter, he said bluntly, "I'm here to be one of the beta testers for the virtual reality game Game Over."

"I...see." The woman said slowly. She squinted at his ID and smiled somewhat forcefully. "Very well Mr. Anders. Just fill out this confidentiality document and then you can go. Last door on your right is where you need to go. Feel free to get some coffee or other refreshments. Thank you for coming." She paused, before hesitantly adding, "If you need anything, just say the word."

Resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose, Gabriel inwardly sighed as his eyes memorized what was on the papers. "No thank you. That wont be necessary."

His brow twitched for a moment, then his face turned back into its usual mask of indifference. Gabriel made his way to the room after filling out the papers. Already some people were present, four guys and oddly only one girl, most of them nearly his age, greeting one another. Nodding to them in greeting, he poured himself half a cup of steaming coffee, not wanting to take the chance of it spilling, limping over to take a seat in one of the chairs at an empty table. Gabriel observed the other testers lazily, wondering what would happen next.

Valoire glanced down at her phone to check the time, still a bit more before she had to leave. With a sigh she reached forward and grasped her steaming mug of coffee, her three brothers sitting around the table alongside her. The youngest of the four, Temp at 29, gave her a large grin. “If you’re that nervous, I could take this off your hands…” Jasper the eldest at 35 slapped the back of his head playfully. “I’m still surprised you married Ara without maturing past fifteen.” With that he sighed and looked to his sister with a softer smile. “I’m sure there's nothing to be worried about… it's simply going to be a glorified Oculus or Vive.” Val nodded and took another sip of her drink, glancing around her work place before nodding. “You’re probably right…” Levi, the second eldest at 32 then stood, laying a few bills into the table before passing and planting a kiss on top of her head. “I gotta run, meeting to catch. You’ll be fine Val, I’m sure of it.” With that he left, the others soon to follow.

Once she was left, the woman checked the time once more before standing and moving to clean up the empty mugs and plates. “Don’t bother.” The owner of the establishment dismissed her action with a wave of his hand before gesturing to the door, a smile of his own upon his lips. “Go enjoy yourself.”

With that she turned and left, flagging down a cab and giving the address.

Once she arrived almost a half an hour later, she paid the driver and stepped out, slightly relieved at the normality of the apparent office building before her. Walking in through the doors, she approached the counter and revealed her invitation. “I’m here for the-” She was promptly cut off by the receptionist. “Valoire I assume? Last to arrive… no matter, please take this-” She was handed a piece of paper fresh of the printer. “And fill it out so we are not liable for anything that may occur during the testing. Now if you would please follow me…” A vaguely concerned look washed over her face as she said this, not all that sure about the whole ordeal as she then followed the woman back down a hallway.

Finally entering the elaborate room and seeing that quite a few other people undoubtedly younger than her were scattered about, she took a few breaths before moving and taking a seat at the counter a few seats away from Austin, slowly beginning to look over the papers she had been given, her heart sinking as she read what they entailed. Nevertheless, she began to fill them out anyway, although with a visibly shaking hand.

Valoire Moore
Tags
Kishune Kishune
Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

• Austin
    Setting
    Where:

With:
    Other testers

Thoughts:
    Calm down...
    Austin was busy with filling out what he had left of his paperwork at the bar as others started to come into the break room. One was a girl with short black hair and wearing a frog shirt, who seemed to talk about the weather they were having to everyone current in the room. Austin just glanced at her then looked back at the fill out he still had to do. When another male entered the room with a drawn out hello, Austin didn’t pay him no mind as he wanted to get the paperwork done. When another came in saying hello compatriots, Austin started to get a bit annoyed now as he gritted his teeth. He wasn’t really all that good with paper tests in school. This contributed to him dropping out as well. ‘Now I see why tests were done in silence…’ He made an excuse for himself as e tried to focus on him fill out. Luckily the rest that came in seemed rather quiet when entering. Before long he finally finished and he sat back on the stool a bit and let out an agitated sigh. His slight frustration was easily read in his actions as he just sat there with his arms crossed now as he waited to calm down. He then noticed the woman that sat at the counter a few seat down doing the paper work. He raised an eye brow at her, thinking he seen her somewhere before.

His thoughts were then interrupted as a guy with a clip board walked in looking at the papers on it then at the eight people who showed up so far. “Huh, so this many have showed up huh?” He asked mainly himself then looked down at his clip board again. “Before I begin, there’s still a few of you that haven’t finished filling out the paperwork.” He said then looked among them to see who it was. Austin sighed as he rubbed the back of his head before he raised his hand. “Me…” He said and the guy with the clip board just gave him a look like he suspected it was him with a raised eyebrow. He then walked up to Austin and took the paper work. He then noticed the woman by Austin and saw she was still doing it. “Take your time.” She said treating her a lot differently than the red head. Austin just huffed at him as he gave the guy a slight glare as he walked by.

The guy then walked back in view of everyone and cleared his throat. “Ok I am sad to say the preparations for the testing are taking more time than expected.” He announced to them. “We are sorry for the inconvenience but it will take another hour or so before we can get things on their way.” He told them as he pushed up his glasses. “Till then, you are free to the luxury facilities in this room to pass time if you so wish.” He told them as if they weren't really qualified or something but then abruptly started to leave the room without another word, not even a farewell.

Austin sighed again trying to let his agitated self go and to calm down. ‘Another hour or two huh…?’ He thought as he rubbed his forehead. “Better be worth it…” He said out loud to himself.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay IdeaLover IdeaLover SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Blitzer Blitzer

Rather conspicuously, Jay rolls her eyes. So many anti-social loner edgelords here! She thinks with an inward sigh. She gravitates towards the more social of the bunch, the ones actually interested in being normal humans. Towards the two men who came in after her, the Jason's. "Morning, my name's Jay." She say, taking a sip from her take-out cup of coffee. The small girl offers a slight smile to them. To the one Jason with the last name of Bautista she says "You look as lost as I feel" with another slight smile Hoping that she was right from the body-language she was reading. The girl comes across as being exceptionally casual, with a cup of coffee in one hand, the other in her shorts pocket and and over all 'normal' bearing. Though she does give the other Jason, Whit, a few glances. Glances of faint recognition, perhaps.

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn
Blitzer Blitzer

She had gotten about halfway through once the man with the clipboard entered, explaining that a few of them hadn’t completed their paperwork. Valoire paused as he said this, looking towards the man clearly apologetically when he approached the redhead next to her. But as she was spoken to with an entirely different tone, she released a small sigh and continued to write. Listening as he then went onto explain that preparations were taking longer than necessary. At this her mind wandered slightly, it only making her nerves worse as she shoved them down, focusing on the task at hand.

Once she had finished signing, initialling, and generally worrying about everything, she set her pen down and finally looked about the room. Everything looked… new. Expensive even. There were refreshments and gaming systems, a pool table… almost anything anyone here most likely would’ve wanted. Though she doubted that anything could distract her for the time being, nor was trying to strike up a conversation with someone when she couldn’t find her own voice a good idea. And so she settled with sitting quietly, simply observing the others within the room, although not looking as closed off as a few of the others within the room.

Valoire Moore
Race: REDACTED
Class: REDACTED
Element: REDACTED
REDACTED

REDACTED
Personal
Mood: Extremely anxious
Thoughts: 'Everything's going to be fine... right?'
Position
Near: Closest to Austin ( Kishune Kishune )
Interacting: None, open for it.
Tags; None
[/font]

Jason smiled at the girl who had walked over. She gave him a glance of recognition. Probably from his extensively popularized gaming. He shrugged internally. "Hi, its nice to meet you, that is a beautiful name."
He smiled slowly and lazily, his dark eyes intent however on her face, as he stretched slowly relaxing his body into a more natural and casual pose that set off his muscled frame a bit more. The trick to being naturally posed was relaxing into what was natural for yourself.
"I feel rather comfortable. I rather hope this turns out well. Beta gaming is a very good way of getting into a game."

Blitzer Blitzer

Gabriel sipped from his coffee cup, relishing in the flavor as it traveled down his throat and into his stomach. He was a coffee addict, having drank an average of three cups a day back home, and had tasted various flavors, but none as good as the one he was having now. Chocolate Mint. He had never been much of a mint person, so perhaps it was the chocolate which was enhancing the original flavor. Either way, it was pretty great, and probably expensive to buy to boot while he got to drink it along with the others for free. As he silently marveled over the liquid, a man with a clipboard in his hands entered the room, explaining that not everyone had yet finished signing and initializing their confidentially documents. Gabriel's eye rested on the two responsible, a red headed man who had been in the room before Gabriel and looked exasperated, and a woman who must have been one of the oldest beta testers in the room with thick, long ebony hair reaching down to her midback. She's pretty. He noted silently. But rather skinny, like me. He wondered what her story was, but then considered it to be none of his business.

Even so, he couldn't help but notice her hand shaking as she signed the documents. Something is bothering her. Is she nervous about something? When she had finished, her dark eyes took a glance around the room, studying it. Gabriel wasn't sure what came over him, but he found himself standing up once the man with the clipboard had left after disclosing that preparations were still under way. He sighed, knowing that he needed to be at least somewhat social. As the silver haired teen walked over to her, he decided to strike up a simple conversation, saying with a slight smile on his lips, "Those confidentiality documents are always a pain in the ass to go through, no matter how many times you might have done them. And its a little worrying how specific they can get. This virtual reality demo thing is no exception." He shook his head, never being one for conversation. "At any rate, my name is Gabriel. If you don't mind me asking, what's yours?"

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Valoire was a little surprised when she saw the young man approach, trying to make conversation with a small smile. Not able to hide the relief she felt from not being outwardly recognized (as she had had some... unfortunate happenings in the past with all to eager fans) she cleared her throat softly before replying. "It was... odd how they wanted to not be liable for anything... seeing as it is a beta test." Realizing he had asked her name, she quickly continued. "Oh! I apologize... my name is Valoire... a pleasure to meet you." With that she fell silent for a small moment, not able to keep her thoughts at bay. "Do you think they achieved true virtual reality? I-if you don't mind the question of course, I just assumed since we were already speaking..." Val would then trail off, a faint grimace flashing over her features.

She needed to get a hold of herself.

Valoire Moore
REDACTED

REDACTED
Personal
Position
Near: Closest to Austin ( Kishune Kishune ) and Gabriel ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight )
Interacting: Gabriel
Tags: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
[/font]

Last edited:
"Yeah, thanks. My mum gave it to me." She says in a bit of a deadpan. Jay finds it tiresome to remind him of his obligation in the social contract of meeting strangers, so she doesn't bother. Jay looked back over her shoulder, taking another sip of her coffee. While her face is turned away she lets herself bite her lip in frustration, before turning back. Looking pleasant once more. With a vague tone and meaning to her voice she mentions "Seems all those Threads were right." And leaving the seemingly off-handed comment at that. Mysteriously vague. Jay crosses her free arm across her stomach, hand on her waist. Looking off to seemingly nowhere with a thoughtful look she says "I don't play much kinda games, or much at all to begin with... Wonder why they invited me. Hummm." She says with a chime and a tilt of her head. "Maybe that's just why."

Blitzer Blitzer

USERNAME: UNIDENTIFIED

TAGS:
Blitzer Blitzer
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

Jason watched as beta testers walked in, one by one, and each with their own traits that made them unique. He had figured that he would be one of the odd ones out being there, but none here had yet to show anything of merit quite yet, nor had any of their reputations been made mention. He leaned forward onto his knees, while also tapping his toes on the floor in anticipation. The tapping stopped as soon as the male with the clipboard entered the room, Jason being keen on hearing whatever instructions that they were about to be given.

“Okay I am sad to say the preparations for the testing are taking more time than expected. We are sorry for the inconvenience but it will take another hour or so before we can get things on their way. Til then, you are free to the luxury facilities in this room to pass time if you so wish.”

Jason pursed his lips, a subtle irritation rising in him from the thought of having to wait longer in the building. "Well.. I didn't have any other plans for today anyway.."

He had not taken notice of the female making her approach towards him, at least until she began to speak. "Morning, my name's Jay. You look as lost as I feel." Jason looked up at her from his seat, recognizing her from being one of the three that had already been in the room when he had made his entry.

Jason opened his mouth to respond, only to hear the voice of another male chime into the conversation. "Hi, its nice to meet you, that is a beautiful name. I feel rather comfortable. I rather hope this turns out well. Beta gaming is a very good way of getting into a game." Jason's false smile yet again held a subtle hint of irritation, but it was nothing that he was unable to suppress in public.

"Was she talking to you, dimwit? No? Right, but thanks for cutting me off anyway. Least you could do was give us a name to call you." Jason thought to himself, keeping his hostility to himself. Instead, he kept his eyes towards Jay and shrugged off the other males interruption. He almost couldn't suppress a chuckle when he caught a hint of her own frustration, his brows raising in amusement.

"Good morning to you too. And yeah, you caught me, I'm lost." Jason rose both of his hands up about head level, palms open towards her as if he had been caught for a crime. "What gave it away? The name is Jason, by the way." He said as he offered her a hand in greeting, hoping that he wasn't coming off too strongly for a first impression.

"I don't play much kinda games, or much at all to begin with... Wonder why they invited me. Hummm."

"Well, hey, guess that means I'm not alone here. Videogames are my girlfriend's forte, so she's the one who got the invitation. I'm just her sub, since she ended up being busy today."

Last edited:
Jay nods her head, taking another sip of her coffee. "Well, it's good to meet you, Jason. I'm sure we'll figure things out! Ehe. Hopefully. I was never much a fan of like. Reading tutorials." She admits with a smile. Smiling for a few reasons. Politeness went a long way with her. And, she had one less nerd to worry about trying to hit on her. "So uh. Should I be expecting a lot of bugs in this game or something? It being in 'beta' and all. Hope it's nothing that would like. Effect me. That'd suck. If we're just here to play a game, it should just all be fun, right? I hope it's fun, at least. Ehe." Jay puts on a bit of a worried look as she goes on her train of spoken-aloud thought. And finishing it off with an awkward, quiet laugh. She's looking around the room, but much of her attentions on the two Jason's she's speaking with. Every so often taking a moment to enjoy her caffeine.

Blitzer Blitzer

TAGS:
Blitzer Blitzer
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

"So uh. Should I be expecting a lot of bugs in this game or something? It being in 'beta' and all. Hope it's nothing that would like. Effect me. That'd suck. If we're just here to play a game, it should just all be fun, right? I hope it's fun, at least. Ehe."

The question peeked Jason's curiosity as well, giving it a moment's thought before responding to Jay. "Besides eating up time, I doubt the game would hurt you in any way. Besides, when's the next time you think you'll be getting a chance to test a game this popular?" His question being rhetorical, Jason didn't feel the need to wait for a response, since her answer was most likely going to be "never".

If anything, pulling the plug on the game system they were using didn't seem like a foreign concept to him. It would shut off power like any other plugged device, and hopefully force them all to log off the game. Easy. Except that it would have to be someone else who wasn't in the game to do it.

But Jason was grasping at straws to keep up conversation. His little interest or knowledge of videogames and their defects gave him little to talk about on the topic, and he would have hated to sound dumb in a room full of people that he assumed knew what they were getting themselves into. Basically, not like him.

"But enough about problems, you'll just raise my already building anxiety even higher." Jason joked in an effort to set up a casual mood. He inched himself closer to one side of his seat, then tilted his head over to the seat on his opposite side, inaudibly offering her a seat beside him. He waited to say anything else, not knowing whether if she would take up his friendly gesture.

He spitefully made sure to offer the seat away from the other Jason, placing himself in between the two. Jason had assumed that with the way Jason had been speaking to Jay, that he was trying to court her. And seeing as how she held a distaste towards Jason's attempt, what better way to keep him at bay than to not give him the opportunity to speak to her. Jason was being petty, sure, but he had already began to take a minor disliking towards the other male.

(Hope you two enjoy a bit of salt for drama building!)

Gabriel didn't miss the rather familiar emotions which went across the woman's features. One was...relief? How odd. Instead of commenting on them, he merely sat across from her and replied, "It's nice to meet you, Valoire. As for your question....I don't mind answering. " He crossed his arms, his eye flickering down to look at the table below before meeting her black ones once more. "Depends on what defines true virtual reality. It's very possible with the latest technological advances we've had. Humanity has certainly made some strides. We now have self-driving cars. We have robots which can do the simplest and even some difficult procedures for us in hospitals and other work places. We even have the ability to transport atoms from one place to another whereas that used to be things you'd only see in something like Star Trek....I'd say its possible." He said. "But I'll believe it if and when I supposedly truly see this virtual reality of theirs."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Gabriel replied, she nodded slowly. "I suppose you have a point... it might be possible that the technology was just discovered and capitalized on by this company..." Then Jasper's words came to mind once more, of how it was most likely nothing more than a glorified system like the ones that already existed. At the thought of this she couldn't tell if she was relieved or disappointed, as it would be quite the experience if it weren't.

Valoire Moore
REDACTED

REDACTED
Personal
Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight [/size][/color][/center][/user]

Alfred retracted his hand when Rusine responded with just their name, at least he was able to determine from the voice that they were a guy. That made things less awkward. Alfred had grown up around girls, but they were family, not strangers. Looking at Rusine and not being able to see his face, also made it easier for Alfred to talk to him. It was like a crude screen existed between them. But, taking in all that Rusine had said, Alfred felt that he was right. He wasn't like any of them, probably the youngest here. Alfred immediately thought back to his adolescence; it made him shiver. Maybe Rusine had gone through something and was like the Alfred from right after the incident.

"I won't pry..." Alfred left it at that until someone, not a tester, came into the room. Hearing their explanation he clicked his tongue. Hearing Rusine sigh, he thought, "This kid must be eager to get into the game."

Alfred took in the room, watching almost everyone begin to interact. He could already get a vague feeling for each individual. Who we wanted to avoid, who he might get along with. His thoughts kept going back to high school, making him tense up. His face remained the same, but his whole body felt cold. Shaking his head slightly he looked over to Rusine again. "They've already started getting to know each other. I'm just gonna keep talking so it seems like we're busy. I caught a few of their names, I recognize some too..." He started to trail off, not knowing if he's annoying Rusine or not.

Kishune Kishune

• Austin
    Setting
    Where:

With:
    Val ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 ),
    Eyepatch guy ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight ),
    and Other testers

Thoughts:
    I'm going back to my old habit again...
    After awhile of sitting at the counter, Austin got up and walked around and grabbed something to drink from the cooler they have for drinks in the stores. He had grabbed one those bottled frappuccinos and opened it with a noticeable pop. He took a sip as he leaned against the counter as he finally took a look at who all was here for testing. He noticed the girl from earlier with the frog shirt was talking to two guys seemingly. They seemed to be the ones that greeted everyone upon walking in. It seemed the Asian guy butted in on her and the blonde guy, as she didn’t seem interested once he spoke up and the blonde seemed a bit agitated but hid it nicely. But Austin didn’t pay them much more mind as it just seemed like a drama fest, but one of them did catch his attention again. The Asian guy, he felt like he seen him somewhere. After a moment of thinking about it, it came to him. He was a youtuber that had no problem with selling out. ‘I think one my teammates were asked to do a sponsored video with him on his channel…’ He thought but he could have been mistaken. Austin sighed and took a sip of his drink.

Thinking about gamer youtubers, Austin finally realized where he seen the woman that was at the counter filing out the paperwork; When he looked back at her he noticed the guy with silver hair and an eye patch was sitting across from her now talking to her. He just let out a breath through his nose as he leaned against the counter where the coffee maker was, and listened in on them as they were close enough to make out what they were saying at least, and they seemed to be talking about the system they are testing too. ‘Val…that must be her.’ He thought comparing her name to the online channel Vale. When he heard her question about it being actual virtual reality, Austin couldn’t help but wonder that himself. He never really liked gimmicks like the oculus and motion control. Those to him weren’t virtual reality, just a reality shift if anything. Austin sighed again agitatedly as the thought of this disappointment lingered over him. Hearing the guy’s answer just confirmed it more too. He talked about the strides in technology but in reality just showed how unrealistic this new system would be in today’s world. ‘Robots that can do simple task…cars that can park and break on their own…ain’t like we’re in some scifi movie or anything.’ He thought as his foot tapped a bit aggressively with his frustration. He then realized this and stopped. “Only thing we can do is hope otherwise.” He said out loud to them as he then finished up his drink and went to sit back at his seat at the counter. “The only thing I can say about this company is the way how they are doing things is a bit weird…” He said as he propped his head up on the counter with his hand.

Jason rolled his shoulders lightly to let out any stress. Hmm, it did seem kinda strange that these weren't gamers. Jason waited till the other Jason paused awkwardly. "I am another Jason, if you wish to know my name." He adressed to the Jason. "It does seem strange that you two aren't gamers. I've been a gamer all my life so I've done a few Beta testing. So far I've done some Virtual reality games but nothing like this. This game might have a few bugs, but the testing that I followed, has been very stringent."
Jason shrugged lightly and shifted in his chair. "It shouldn't be too stressful really. The game shouldn't be dangerous. Gaming is often more about 50% skill and 50% luck even more so in a beta test. If it isn't fun I'll sue the company." Jason grinned widely at her.
Well at least for him, he wasn't an extremely skilled gamer like some. It was more his ease of talking to people unlike most gamer.

Last edited:
Jay smiles a slight smile of relief. "I'm good at being lucky." She says, taking another sip. She looks down the hole of the take-out up, to find that her much-lighter cup is nearly empty. Dang, she thinks, hoping it'd have lasted her longer. She spied the machine further back in the room, but had decided she wouldn't be touching it. She didn't quite known why she wanted to convince the others she was clueless for the most part about gaming and whatnot. Oh, right. Cause it's fun. Jay thinks with an outwards giggle. With a sly thought to herself, she did notice Jason Bautista's gesture, and just where it was directed. Then takes a seat between them.

"I just hope I don't break any of the games rules... " She says with a pout. "That wouldn't be good right? I hope they don't get too angry... I'm good at breaking things." Jay says, giving something like a humbly proud grin. She crosses one bare leg over top of the other, holding her coffee in both hands at her lap. "Y'know, I bet everything would go fine if we stuck together!" Looking to her side at Jason Bautista. "A pair of idiots running around lost is surely more effective than just one" And she laughs again.

Blitzer Blitzer

TAGS:
Blitzer Blitzer
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

"I am another Jason, if you wish to know my name."

Jason hesitated after hearing the statement, brows furling together as he considered the inconvenience that this put them in. "Jason, Jason, and Jay. Well, how the hell is this supposed to work..?" He thought to himself. He simply nodded to the other Jason in recognition, a subtle purse of the lips signifying his dissatisfaction.

"Y'know, I bet everything would go fine if we stuck together! A pair of idiots running around lost is surely more effective than just one"

Jason shrugged at the thought, not seeing the point in debating otherwise. "Sure, I don't see why not." He replied, but his mind wandered elsewhere. He began to lean back into his seat, tilting his head up towards the ceiling like he had become distant. "How the hell am I supposed to wait another hour in here..?" Jason [/color]wasn't the most impatient of people, but he did prefer to have something to do. Something to fiddle around with, whether it be something in his hands or reading a book, was surely much more appealing to him than sitting around trying to hold conversation about video games.[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back