• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Game Over (OOC)

Guys. I'm dropping off RPN.

I'm really sorry. I've tried so hard to try and find time for this, and RPN in general. But I just really can't. With a consistent eight hours of school during the week, total two hour commute, and my recent work schedule change to take the gradeyard shift, I have so little time to myself. I'm hardly home for eight hours throughout the day, and that time usually goes toward studying for classes and getting whatever sleep I can get. And it isn't the usual sleep period in the night people usually have, its about 3 hours before work, and then the 3 before school.

To make life busier, I have more classes starting up in about a month, in place of the one eight hour class I have now.

I've tried to make the effort of logging in to write up a post, but I always end up asleep before I can think of anything. I know hoping I'm not going to ruin anything is hardly going to change a thing, but I do hope that you all can manage to keep this alive. This was a fun RP, with a very understanding and enjoyable group of people. Good luck all in your RP ventures, I hope to RP with you all again whenever I find the time to make it back here.

Guys. I'm dropping off RPN.

I'm really sorry. I've tried so hard to try and find time for this, and RPN in general. But I just really can't. With a consistent eight hours of school during the week, total two hour commute, and my recent work schedule change to take the gradeyard shift, I have so little time to myself. I'm hardly home for eight hours throughout the day, and that time usually goes toward studying for classes and getting whatever sleep I can get. And it isn't the usual sleep period in the night people usually have, its about 3 hours before work, and then the 3 before school.

To make life busier, I have more classes starting up in about a month, in place of the one eight hour class I have now.

I've tried to make the effort of logging in to write up a post, but I always end up asleep before I can think of anything. I know hoping I'm not going to ruin anything is hardly going to change a thing, but I do hope that you all can manage to keep this alive. This was a fun RP, with a very understanding and enjoyable group of people. Good luck all in your RP ventures, I hope to RP with you all again whenever I find the time to make it back here.
Thank you for letting us know, and hopefully things become less hectic for you on your end soon. You helped a lot with this RP in forming ideas and giving a base to work BBCoding off of. you were a great RPer I hope we can RP sometime in the future most definitely when you have time. ^^

What to do about the party situation. Try to invite more people? Consolidate parties? Let it just go as is?
I say let it go as is for now. If people want to enter I'll let them apply.
But my one friend got back to me saying he sent me his character to review before submitting it, but I never got it. So he has to remake it all over again, as he doesn't save them before hand, and knowing him he'll be putting in a whole lot of detail into that character.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 you getting notifications from the RP still?
I am but now I'm visiting family.

I'll try to get something up today if I have to force it out of myself. >_<

We just need something interesting to happen, you know? Something that makes people notice the RP again. I think that's why we always die so soon, because after the initial "oh look it's so cool!" people don't wanna go on quests and grind, they want plot.

-shrug- just me

For me, the quests are the plot. At least, they can be. They can be smaller plots that build in to bigger ones.

But I agree. Somethin' big and flashy's got to happen. But its difficult when the roleplayers are split in to, what is basically 4 groups. Can interesting things be always happened, when there's 4 sub-plots running at the same time? Just my opinion as to why it'd be harder.

I am but now I'm visiting family.

I'll try to get something up today if I have to force it out of myself. >_<

We just need something interesting to happen, you know? Something that makes people notice the RP again. I think that's why we always die so soon, because after the initial "oh look it's so cool!" people don't wanna go on quests and grind, they want plot.

-shrug- just me
ok understood

and I see your point, but I think this time we're doing pretty good with survivability this time around. The only difference between this time and all the other times is that people actually got involved, and made character's with potential future events planned in there heads. at least that's what it seemed to me. We also had a somewhat good balance from personal character stuff to actually moving the story along. Sure it dragged a few places but that's to be expected. Other than that and character slots needing to be filled, I think we're doing pretty good.

As for something interesting to happen for the RP to be noticed, I'm not suck a good GM to know how to get that to happen. I have my other events I have planned out for plot points, but IDK how interesting they be to those who haven't caught up to the RP.

Eh, I didn't mean it like StoneWolf did.

I just want funstuff to happen, regardless if it gets more people to join.

As for plans of things to happen. Aha. Kishune thinks I have plans and stuff. Jokes o3o I've not got much of an idea of what to do with Lucelle right now, aside from a solo quest thing to keep her busy til I can do something.

For me, the quests are the plot. At least, they can be. They can be smaller plots that build in to bigger ones.

But I agree. Somethin' big and flashy's got to happen. But its difficult when the roleplayers are split in to, what is basically 4 groups. Can interesting things be always happened, when there's 4 sub-plots running at the same time? Just my opinion as to why it'd be harder.
I see you point, but is it really that different from larger group RPs? Most RPs I been apart of with big groups had like 10 characters at least. They mostly grouped up and did their own thing as long as it fell in the rules of the GM. They usually didn't have planned events like this RP and just kept moving forward following some events the GM brought up and their own events as well.

That's pretty much how I wanted this RP to go. People doing what they wanted from the start with my events being more for world building, or giving them something to do.

If that's the intent and goal, then that's all fine. I'll just have to take more *gasp* initiative with my own characters making things happen.

Kishune Kishune Here's the thing, this isn't a sandbox RP like most of those. Meaning as a GM, you should have plot points and side plot points you want to hit and have ways to guide players there with the environment.

Meaning... if I were you, I'd be giving even more hits as to why the game is so "strange." I've picked up in it, but maybe make it even more obvious to get the characters and players thinking so you can introduce more and more things.

Does that make sense?

Oh, not really that much. There was two posts and Ace left. We're just trying to decide what to do with characters and the RP going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back