• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Game of Thrones: 'The Iron King'

Hypnos

L'Empereur
GAME OF THRONES: THE IRON KING
1516828292888.png
“Robert was the true steel. Stannis is pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. He'll break before he bends.”
- Donal Noye, to Jon Snow

It is four hundred and five years after the conquest of King Aegon I Targaryen, and over a century since the fall of House Targaryen at the hands of the Baratheon dynasty. Westeros has lapsed into a period of peace and prosperity, and war seems like a very distant prospect, though not all is as amicable as it seems. Sitting the Iron Throne is King Orys Baratheon, second of his name, a man mocked by his adversaries as 'The King of Three Courses' for his love of merrymaking and little else. Whilst Orys feasts and drinks away the wealth of the realm, a conspiracy is afoot. The King's younger brother, the Prince of Dragonstone has gathered the support of many of the major houses of the realm, including that of House Lannister of Casterly Rock and House Florent of Highgarden. Many have speculated that he intends to name himself King, though his brother is none the wiser. Meanwhile another threat looms in the east: House Targaryen has not set foot in Westeros since the defeat of King Aegon VI but times are changing. Whilst Daenerys Targaryen never moved to reclaim her family's titles, instead occupying herself with destroying the slave trade in Slaver's Bay, her descendants are not lack for ambition. Even after a century of Baratheon rule, there are still many who would welcome the return of the Dragon.

LORE
NOTABLE CHARACTERS
  • KING ORYS III BARATHEON - Hypnos Hypnos
  • THE QUEEN - The King's wife
  • The PRINCE OF DRAGONSTONE - The King's treacherous younger brother
  • THE PRINCESS - The King's only sister
  • HAND OF THE KING
  • MASTER OF LAWS
  • MASTER OF SHIPS
  • MASTER OF WHISPERS
  • MASTER OF COIN
  • LORD COMMANDER OF THE KINGSGUARD
  • GRAND MAESTER
  • HOUSE STARK OF WINTERFELL
  • HOUSE FLORENT OF HIGHGARDEN
  • HOUSE BAELISH OF HARRENHAL
  • HOUSE LANNISTER OF CASTERLY ROCK
  • HOUSE ARRYN OF THE EYRIE
  • HOUSE GREYJOY OF PYKE
  • HOUSE MARTELL OF SUNSPEAR
  • HOUSE BARATHEON OF STORM'S END
  • HOUSE TARGARYEN OF MEEREEN
  • HOUSE TARGARYEN OF YUNKAI
  • HOUSE TARGARYEN OF ASTAPOR

Esentially, a Game of Thrones/ASOIAF RP set over a hundred years after the books in a world in which Stannis Baratheon won the Iron Throne however House Targaryen is still at large. The RP follows books canon, but since the RP occurs over a century after, show watchers should be perfectly fine.

I would love to join in on this! Do you have a preference as to which house the stag is currently joined with? I would love to play the wife.

Could I make the commander of the Golden Company that support house targaryen?
You can. The last thing that's mentioned about the GC in this lore if them being defeated by Stannis whilst supporting King Aegon, so you can come up with some lore as to how they pieced themselves back together.
I would love to join in on this! Do you have a preference as to which house the stag is currently joined with? I would love to play the wife.
No preference, just as long as it makes sense.
HYPNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS <3
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD!
Ooooo id love to play a Targaryen girl from house Meeren
Interesting. Reserve me as a Targaryen man from House Targaryen of Astapor.
You guys can work out between you the current relationship between the three branches of House Targaryen and there power dynamic. I think it could be an interesting thing to explore.
Heyo! Mind if I claim the Lord of House Stark?
I'm gonna go ahead and claim my interest as a young woman, an heir to the Lord of House Stark of Winterfell
interested in the Kings wife and maybe a member in the house of stark
Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford asked first so he's going to get the final say on the Stark family, but I'm sure you can work out a way to incorperate all your ideas.
I’ll claim Lord of Baelish! (however i assume we can work around the linage thing?)
Linage thing?

You can. The last thing that's mentioned about the GC in this lore if them being defeated by Stannis whilst supporting King Aegon, so you can come up with some lore as to how they pieced themselves back together.

You guys can work out between you the current relationship between the three branches of House Targaryen and there power dynamic. I think it could be an interesting thing to explore.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford asked first so he's going to get the final say on the Stark family, but I'm sure you can work out a way to incorperate all your ideas.

Linage thing?
Well Petyr is the only remainder of his house. Or will i be playing Petyr?

This is set a hundred years after the books/show Petyr will be dead, and his decendants will be ruling Harrenhal.
That’s what I thought. But Petyr died. He died having no heirs, so in this world will he have died with fathering a child? It’s arguable that Robyn Arryn is his bastard, but doesn’t matter right now.

That’s what I thought. But Petyr died. He died having no heirs, so in this world will he have died with fathering a child? It’s arguable that Robyn Arryn is his bastard, but doesn’t matter right now.
This goes off of book canon where he was never killed, which is also how Stannis is still around. In this world Petyr probably lived to a nice old age a fathered a few children.

STANNIS

THE

MANNIS

I probably shouldn't join this RP, but my self control is fading. Just needed to let that ou-oh shit, here comes another one

STANNIS THE TRUE KING
MY KNEES BEND TO KING STANNIS

Linage thing?
got no problem with that :) Hopefully we'll all manage to create a good dynamic/come to good terms

Interested! I love ASOIAF and GOT, would be interested in a Stark but I feel like there probably isn't enough room - interested in the Baratheon Princess or a member of Florent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back