• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Game of Thrones: Strings of Fate (Interest Check)

Obsidian

The Blighted Knight
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have happy to announce the interest check for Game of Thrones: Strings of Fate, a revival of an older roleplay that was one of my personal favourites, while changing a few things to add and refine what came before in the old version. This roleplay is based in the Game of Thrones universe, though I am not going to strictly adhere to the lore of the books / TV series, since our roleplay is expected to change a great deal of things in the story as the roleplay progresses.

So, on to what this roleplay will be about. Players will be creating their own original characters that are part of House Harper, a noble family of middling importance that possess lands situated in the northern region of the Riverlands, just south along the Green Fork from The Twins, known as Harper's Gate. Your characters can be direct blood relatives of the current Lord Harper (siblings, children), or they can be part of the cadet branches of the house (cousins, nephews, nieces, and other distant relatives). Players could also become characters that serve the house in some way, from servants and guards to knights, vassals, advisors, or others that you may consider. All in all, characters have to be employed by or sworn to or members of House Harper, one way or another.

Our roleplay shall begin just after the Hand's Tourney has been announced to all of Westeros. Just like many other noble houses across the Seven Kingdoms, the Harper's plan to travel to King's Landing to compete in the Tourney, if not in the hopes of winning then at least to make a good showing, shame some rivals, make new connections, and generally enjoy their trip to the capital. All without knowing the choas just on the horizon. The group heading for King's Landing will consist of many different individuals, from the Harpers themselves to all manner of servants and personal guards, so there is likely to be a place for any character. Also, Lady Harper will not be heading to King's Landing herself, and will instead remain at Harper's Gate to govern the lands in her husband's absence. Characters ill-suited for the Tourney can remain in Harper's Gate with her, and events will transpire to give those left behind their own adventures to contend with.

If you have read this far then you must be interested in joining us. Just one more thing to keep in mind. This roleplay is a revival, which means there are already a number of players committed to joining this roleplay that were part of the old version. Depending on how many of our original group sign up to this one will depend on the number of slots available. However, this is not a first-come-first-served kind of deal. So, if you are interested in joining, feel free to post your character sheet for as long as the thread remains open.

One more thing to keep in mind is that, at the moment, roleplayers will have the opportunity to have up to three characters each. But I do not advise to take all three of your character slots at once. As the roleplay progresses, more arcs will open up with time, arcs with the Night's Watch in the North and Daenerys in Essos, amongst others, so be sure to keep slots open for other arcs. I will put up a lore thread over the weekend, so that people can read up more about the Harpers and their history, and I will put up a CS thread along with it.

All the usual forum rules apply.

So, let me know if you are interested in joining up. ^_^ If anyone has any questions, then do let me know.

Last edited:
bekphnqftcb41.jpg

We gotta stop meeting like this

also interested, going to start on a character to toss into the running tonight

-insert obligatory this roleplay idea is better than any and every plot d & d tried and failed to create, follow through or end in season 8 snide remark-

A (wo)man has the interest to join this roleplay uwu

Sorry for this being a bit late, but I now have the lore and CS threads up, as well as a OOC thread. ^_^ Here are the links:

Also wanted to let you know that I will likely be away for the next few days, so feel free to use that time to read up on the lore and create your characters as you like. I will likely be back on Friday, when characters will be chosen, and the main roleplay will be started on the following day. See you all then. ^_^

Are there any family members/general slots you'd have a preference for? Brothers, sisters, wards, cousins, servants? Just so I don't end up applying to do a character you've already got a lot of! :closedeyessmile:

We can never have too many blood relatives to the Harpers, but almost any character is welcome. Each one would have their own roles to play, whether blood relation or not. So, create whatever character that you personally wish to play. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back