• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Game of Thrones, MxF, heavily detailed. Plots, ideas and information inside.

DanishKreddi

I do that RP thing so I'm kind'uva big deal.
So with Season 6 of 'A Game of Thrones' approaching, I've gotten a great urge to have a detailed and -hopefully- long lasting RP.

The story can follow either the show or the books, (Maybe a mix of both) as I feel I know enough about either of them to carry out a solid RP.

I'm only interested in playing a male character, and I was planning on my partner being a female character.

I 'demand' for our characters -as well as you, my future partner- to be above 18. I expect the RP to follow the nature of the show, so be prepared for some adult themes. (Specifics can of course be discussed, everyone has different limits and I'd like to know of them before we begin.)

I'll be going into this later, but original characters is just as welcome as characters already within the universe. I'll be naming some 'What If' scenarios at the end of the RP, and if you have some ideas I would love to hear them.

What I'll bring to the RP;

• Knowledge of the world, story and characters of Westeros. (Seen the show, read the books and plenty of wiki surfing.)

• A dedicated mindset to make the RP work. I'm looking forwards to taking time out of my day to think up plot ideas and scenarios.

• A love for unique tales and characters.

• Frequent posts. Depending on the days and unforeseen events I can probably post twice daily. (This varies depending on the post-length and detail for each post.)

• The possibility of nice OOC talk's. Can be about the RP, can be about the donuts you had yesterday. Either way I'd like to hear about it.

What I hope you can bring to the RP;

• Understanding and knowledge of the universe. It's fine if you've only seen the show, but only if you are seriously interested in the universe. Expect having to google some terms or names.

• An engaging partner. It's fine if your character is of a timid personality, but I don't want to be the only one progressing the scenes and actions of the RP.

• A creative mind. I love getting surprised and happening upon an original idea.

• A handful of posts weekly. I don't mind 2~ days waiting for a response, but much more than that and I can grow impatient / uninterested.

What I hope the RP will become;

• A great story. Could be an alternate universe, could be lesser people caught in a greater war.

• Longevity. As long as my partner is interested I'd love to see the RP go on for months. Obviously if it doesn't work out I'd rather kill the RP than beating the dead horse, but lets hope that won't be necessary.

• Creative outlet. I found it easier to be creative in RP's if the universe is already made, as it's the characters going trough events already determined. This especially shows in 'What If' events.

• A place of relaxation. I don't want you to feel like the RP is a job. I want it to be a place where two fans can event their own story in an amazing univers.

Phew, that was a mouthful. If I knew anything about BB-coding I would do it now, but you aren't that lucky. I hope you are still interested. If so, here comes some ideas I've been thinking up.

1. Original Characters: Explains itself, we both make new characters that fits into the universe. They can be close to the main characters of the show or they can unknown peasants, feeling the results of war from a very different perspective.
  2. Pre-established Characters: We take the roles of characters already established, either playing them the way the books / show went or branching out with our own ideas. Maybe Sansa turned Joffrey into less of a #*!%?
  3. A mix: One could be a pre-established character, one an Original character. This could also create some nice twist's and turns to the story. Maybe Jon met an alluring girl on his way to Castle Black.

'What if's' Is probably my favorite kind of stories. Scenarios of different universes which branch from the originally written story. Here are some examples I thought could be interesting;

What if Khal Drogo didn't die from his wound, instead rode on as a great leader?

What if The child that was first in line was the bastard Gendry, raising him from a bastard blacksmith to the king of the realm? (If interest is shown in this I will figure out a way for it to make sense that Gendry would be chosen over other bastards / uncles.)

What if Cersei's children were legitimate, leaving Ned to rule until the children came of age.

What if Robert Baratheon had lost the battle against Rhaegar Targaryen, marking the end of Roberts Rebellion? (This one I'm REALLY interested in, as Targaryen's are awesome.)

At the end of this long post, I wanna say thank you for reading trough it all. If you have some questions feel free to send me a PM or leave a message down below. I'll check in regularly so the waiting shouldn't be too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm intrigued. I watch the show of course and I'm currently most of the way through 'A Clash of Kings', although I haven't had much reading time lately. Sad!! :(

I'm just going to be completely honest and admit that I joined this site after reading this. <.< I'm too new to the site to PM you or I'd just do that.

I think it's safe to say that I'm obsessed with ASOIAF, and I'd absolutely love doing a GOT RP (especially one centered around the Targaryens -- they're so fascinating)!

I'd say my 'off-the-top-of-my-head' knowledge is fairly decent. I've watched the show and I own (and have read) all of the books (including The World of Ice and Fire) so I can definitely brush up on anything that I need to and use those as resources.

Since in the past I've done pretty long posts (and sometimes have tough writer's block), I'd have to work hard to keep at the 2 day range (esp if we're doing detailed) but I could definitely try my best. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back