• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Game of Thrones: House Harper a tale of fate

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nice work Keggee. Though I have to admit I prefer the name Siren for the House's Valyrian steel sword. It's concise and memorable, like Ice. Do we know what happened to Gerald III's wife? Also will Rusty of Shackleford be playing?

Last edited:
No one has to wait on me to start getting characters going. I just wanna know who is playing who for clarity sake.

Bone2pick Bone2pick If everyone is unanimous on the Valyarian swords name I will change. Gerald III's wife had died giving birth to his last child. I couldn't put too much detail in since I'm posting from a phone at the moment.

No one has to wait on me to start getting characters going. I just wanna know who is playing who for clarity sake.

Bone2pick Bone2pick If everyone is unanimous on the Valyarian swords name I will change. Gerald III's wife had died giving birth to his last child. I couldn't put too much detail in since I'm posting from a phone at the moment.
Ah, alright. Got it! I'll start working things out with Emerald, hehe.

And I personally really like Siren as well!

Small nitpick with the lore, if we were a branch of House Mudd, we would predate the Freys by quite some time. It would appear that our beef with them is the same it's just more likely that they stole the Traffic. If anything we would say they got the idea from us.

The line had been dormant. The original Gerald Harper was a hedge knight when he was landed. Plus its theory and gossip by the rest of Westeros. Thank you for point that out though. Posting from my phone has been a pain since my chrome book died on me.

The line had been dormant. The original Gerald Harper was a hedge knight when he was landed. Plus its theory and gossip by the rest of Westeros. Thank you for point that out though. Posting from my phone has been a pain since my chrome book did on me.
Oh ok so it's lies to make us seem more legitimate. :P Good to know.

I presume that the playing of the Harp has remained a Tradition and that our ties with the Blackwoods are fairly strong still? I assume we are worshippers of the Seven as well?

Yes, the seven is predominant in House Harper.

Blackwood's tend to be our strongest ally. I am considering making a second character, a Bracken that would be betrothed to the hier to help mend old wounds.

It's looked on favorably to play the harp but not necessary

Keggee311 Keggee311 The way you wrote it in the Main channel is weird. You make it sound like we joined at the same time as the Tully's but Gulltown was the first battle of the War and the fight at Summerhall was all the way in the Stormlands. We would have had to raise our banners immediately when King Robert did and followed his path exactly. It makes much more sense for us to have fought our first battle at Stony Sept and the Battle of the Bells.

Like I said all this is posted from my phone. I'm trying to weed everything out in time. When ever my own twin boys let me. -_-

Like I said all this is posted from my phone. I'm trying to weed everything out in time. When ever my own twin boys let me. -_-
Lol no problem. Everything is perfect except replace Gulltown and Summerhall with Stony Sept/Battle of the Bells. Oh and replace road to war with rode to war and outnumbered with outmatched/outmaneuvered. (My mom is an English teacher so it triggers my inner grammar nazi)

I added some family details to my character sheet. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything.

Also, would my character and family likely live in Harper's Gate, or would they have their own residence somewhere on House lands?

I added some family details to my character sheet. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything.

Also, would my character and family likely live in Harper's Gate, or would they have their own residence somewhere on House lands?
Up to you.

Fair enough. All together our family isn't very large. Harper's Gate likely has suitable accommodations for everyone, so I'll opt to live in the castle.

MrThe MrThe After thinking over Maynard's role and responsibilities, I started to see him serving as something like House Harper's sheriff. Someone who rides their lands (especially near the borders) daily accompanied with some men-at-arms in order to make sure all is as it should be. And should he find something out of order, he either handles it then and there or he reports back to his brother. How does that sound?

Second sons, it tends to vary. Often they were granted lands underneath their brother. Ruling the lands in his brother's name.

Or became apart of his brothers house. Taking positions such as stewards or marshals.

Fair enough. All together our family isn't very large. Harper's Gate likely has suitable accommodations for everyone, so I'll opt to live in the castle.

MrThe MrThe After thinking over Maynard's role and responsibilities, I started to see him serving as something like House Harper's sheriff. Someone who rides their lands (especially near the borders) daily accompanied with some men-at-arms in order to make sure all is as it should be. And should he find something out of order, he either handles it then and there or he reports back to his brother. How does that sound?
Sounds great to me, you shall be my Marshall. You will be in charge of maintaining the training and readiness of the Men at Arms and also the levy.

Aww, Rylen seems so nice. I feel bad for him, he's too innocent for the Game of Thrones universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back