• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Game of Thrones: Family Ties

During what time period should this take place?

• A Dance of Dragons

• Robert's Rebellion

• Aegon's Conquest

• Custom Scenario

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnthraxBurrito

Omnipotent Burro
As the title suggests this rp woukd take place in the GoT universe. However, rather than playing a host of warring lords miles away, we will be an original house in a time period to be determined. I have a lot of ideas for the story but first I want to see when people would like to have this happen? My first thought is during a Dance of Dragons or Robert's Rebellion, though it could be just as fun to devise our own divisions amongst the kingdoms.
After time period is decided we can decide what castle our family owns, our banners, and other items of the sort. As for positions within the house, here is what I have so far:
-Lord of the house, at least mid forties
-Lady of the house, original family tbd
-Heir, at least 18
-Second Child, 18 as well
-Master at Arms (Think Ser Roderik)
-Maester
-Brother/Sister of the Lord
(Last three positions are pending the amount of interest)
Other lords, ladies, knights, etc will be NPCs for everyone to use in their posts. Just looking for a small group who likes game of thrones and world building rp. Romance, intrigue, and combat will be involved but mainly I'm just looking to find a core group of people who want to get involved.

I'd be interested in the second child! So I'd like to claim that please, if I could.

Could be in for the brother of the lord position, depending on how hectic my schedule gets.

If you wanted the one I claimed I was debating between second child and the lady of the House, happy to switch/move.

I wouldn't want to intrude if you already had something in mind.
Wouldn't be intruding, had ideas for both of them but wanted to claim one before everything got taken. I could do either one to be honest, just wanted to say I didn't mind swapping as I don't want to take a role someone wants if I'm fine with having another one. You don't have to if you don't want, just an offer in case that was the role you'd wanted.

Wouldn't be intruding, had ideas for both of them but wanted to claim one before everything got taken. I could do either one to be honest, just wanted to say I didn't mind swapping as I don't want to take a role someone wants if I'm fine with having another one. You don't have to if you don't want, just an offer in case that was the role you'd wanted.

If you are 100% certain, then sure, thank you!

Eyyy, Brad! How are ya, dude?

Hey Rusty! I am doing alright, apart from a couple things here and there. You doing good?

For the record, the "dance with dragons" in the poll refers to the book or to the time period? Cause, like, I'd be totally in for the period were dragon knights actually killed each other in the air (and probably killed a whole bunch of peasants once the dragons fell from there n shit) and just midly in if it refers to just political chaos.

Dragon chaos is just that much more interesting than usual chaos.

For the record, the "dance with dragons" in the poll refers to the book or to the time period? Cause, like, I'd be totally in for the period were dragon knights actually killed each other in the air (and probably killed a whole bunch of peasants once the dragons fell from there n shit) and just midly in if it refers to just political chaos.

Dragon chaos is just that much more interesting than usual chaos.
The time period. We would be siding with the Greens or Blacks, definitely as a Crownlands house if that's the Scenario we go with.

If I'm not Mistaken, the claimed positions are:
The Heir
The Sibling
The Aunt/Uncle
The Lady of the House

So we're still looking for a Lord of the House at least.

Alright so that makes enough people, though if we get applicants for The Maester or Master at Arms they'll be more than welcome.
Based on the split vote for scenario, I'm thinking a Custom Dance of Dragons Scenario would be the best route. The basic idea the same, Multiple parties fighting for the throne with valid claims.
Which leads to the next question, Should the house be of Valyrian decent of some sort? Also, the Lady's Father's House is still to be determined Tahiti Tahiti if you have any preferences, this would be your side of the family. Though we can discuss all this in the OOC. Should be up soon!

Alright so that makes enough people, though if we get applicants for The Maester or Master at Arms they'll be more than welcome.
Based on the split vote for scenario, I'm thinking a Custom Dance of Dragons Scenario would be the best route. The basic idea the same, Multiple parties fighting for the throne with valid claims.
Which leads to the next question, Should the house be of Valyrian decent of some sort? Also, the Lady's Father's House is still to be determined Tahiti Tahiti if you have any preferences, this would be your side of the family. Though we can discuss all this in the OOC. Should be up soon!
I'd be completely cool with a valyrian house like House Celtigar, with little to no relevant info revealed. Like this it would be pretty easy to do whatever we wanted with it without excessively hurting the canon.

Valyrian or First Men descent is always neat. I'm going with the assumption that the House has an Heirloom of some sort or another?

Though, figuring out House name, motto, heraldry, and geographical location should probably be some of the first marks we hit?

I might be interested in a minor supporting role like the maester. Aegon's Conquest/Dance of Dragons would be awesome
That's great! Currently were just discussing the setting and other world building ideas in the OOC, so feel free to hop over there and toss in your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back