• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"No that'd require unbinding your hands and I'm not about to make that mistake. You already gave us the runaround one time and I'm too exhausted to deal with that." He admitted with a deep heaving breath. Sleeking his hair back into it's usual neat and tidy pompadour shape. "I'll turn a fan on but that's all you're getting." He reached over and clicked the switch on the table side fan.

The detective moved to stand directly in front of the man. Laying his hands flat on the cold metal table and leaning in to stare him dead in the eyes. A completely cold and careless expression on his visage. Charlie knew the queue and backed his way to hide in the shadows. Little hard to be taken seriously at all with a phantump hugging you closely. "So. Want to explain what you were doin around that area in the alleyway? Can't have been there just for some cheap and shoddy fashion disaster. I saw the shoes as we were chasing you and lookin' at you now they couldn't possibly have been a good match, unless you changed of course in a flash. Nothing expensive or good looking about em at all. And you ran soon as we saw you too, what was that about? What were you afraid of hm?"

egghead egghead buzz buzz

He kept an increasingly twitchy face centered, though stormy pupils stretched upward to meet his interrogator’s stare. The quips aimed at his fashion sense teased his short temper, enough to warm his face yet just short of eliciting another tantrum. “You’re lucky there’s a tape recorder there,” he didn’t move for a moment, before leaning into his chair with a snort.

“Yeah, I probably shoulda chose better,” the sound of decayed soles skidding on the floor prompted a slight frown. Running in oxfords was not his initial plan, but the pair didn’t quite entice him anymore anyway. They’d have to be tossed into the bin when he returned to his alleyway hideout.

“Oh, whatever!” The composed sheen on his face withered quicker than anticipated, but his fashion cred was far more important than a petty fine or two. “The crummy kicks aren’t even mine! That’s, uh, that’s why I was running...” He looked to the side, avoiding the smugness that was likely to be plastered over any cop with a rat in his claws. “Just hand me the charge and lemme get the hell out of here. This place makes me itch...” A frustrated swipe into his frizzing locks sent droplets of saltwater to the floor,“...and sweat.”

The detective glanced at it with a slight chuckle. Not spending more than a second on it before focusing on the man again with an unwavering hard stare. "Never bothered me before in cases like this. So tell me." He leaned in closer. "If they weren't yours, why did you run? It wasn't 'probably a bad idea' it was a real bad idea don't you think? If they weren't even yours and you had nothing to hide why did you run away from the scene? Sending your pokemon after us and everything. Not just as a blocker but direct attacks. All we did was walk into that alleyway and you took off like a shot." He clicked his tongue against his teeth. "Do you even know what you're being accused of here? Need a little refresher? My buddy to bring out some colorful picture for ya? Or are you the kind who's so slow you need it spelled out for you at a kindergarten level to understand?" His face cracked into a smug grin. "Or do I even have to ask when you're in that getup. Your ma really let you pick out your own clothes in the dark this mornin or what?"

buzz buzz egghead egghead

“Oh, please, Mr. Officer, spell it out for me.” He sprung forward, suddenly interested in playing the game instead of calling it early. “What else does a soft soul like me do when confronted by two burly men like yourselves? In a dark alleyway, no less!” Conjoined wrists hit the table, the blunt noise of cuffs on wood enough to make him wince. “Why were you two running? Excited to see me, maybe?” His sharp features edged ever closer as they stretched to bare grinning canines. Parlaying a loss, maneuvering his way out of a ditch, and breathing the air of a handsome man—he was en route to doing all his favorite pastimes at once.

"Burly? You must be as much blind as you are a twink. We ran soon as you started to. What got you so hot and bothered huh? Enjoying yourself some trophy shoes or what? " Sisceal didn't budge a single inch. Letting this fool get as up close and personal as he liked. He didn't even care if they were even touching. He wasn't backing down one damn bit. "Found a man sliced and diced to mince meat in the exact area you were caught slinking around in. Pretty big coincidence if you ask me. Just so happen to have brand new things and soon as a cop shows up without even saying something you bolt. Care explaining that one sweetheart?"

“What did you say?” Over-tweezed eyebrows nearly coalesced as confusion overtook him. Not even fear of bursting fillers or premature wrinkles could prod him to relax. “A murder?” He returned to his seat, fiery pupils now fallen and lost in contemplation. The newspaper tales were much realer than he had realized. Coming this close to the source sent goosebumps all over thoroughly exfoliated skin. “You really think I’m the culprit?” He shook his head, still unable to lift his gaze or even flash a small grin. “You’re one clueless cop. I mean, look at me! I’d much better fit the role of victim than... murderer.” He shivered once more.

Still not moving one damn bit the detective allowed his face to soften ever so slightly towards Vincent. "Don't get ahead of yourself we only think you're suspect." He finally took a seat across from him. "Can't shirk this off when I've seen people even smaller and more ratty than you commit the worst of crimes. It isn't my first time around the block with this, unfortunately. Worst mistake to make in this field is to doubt what someone can do." He cleared his throat. "You were in that alleyway in the exact time frame we found the body in.....we don't have any images to show you at the time of the scene but I can tell you it ain't pretty. Let my outift be a testament to that fact." He lifted his jacket and turned to show a glimpse of the dark red stains soaking a majority of his backside. Gravel and other debris sticking to it grossly from their little incident in the alleyway trying to catch him. "My partner here is a witness as well to what we saw in that house. It was wretched."

It was a lot for a one-dimensional brain to understand. The image of blood on the detective was enough to make him gag. “I have no idea what that is, or whatever the hell you’re talking about.” He shook his head, not stopping as he spoke, as if shaking himself from this horrid reality. “I’m serious, you’ve got the wrong guy!” His waterline began to brim with burgeoning tears. “I don’t want to see this shit anymore.”

"It's blood sweetheart. That's what it all is and I was lucky to not get more on me from that place." Sisceal wiped his hands off on his pants to get rid of some blood that seeped onto them. "If you don't want to see more than tell us exactly what you were doing in that alleyway and why you ran. Every last little detail. I'm not letting you leave this room until I hear every last detail from you. Got it?" He spat.

This was hard to watch. Glen stared intensely at the man sitting across the room, noting the tears touching the corners of his eyes. It wasn’t the face of a criminal, let alone a killer.

Before he could stop himself, he stepped in. “Excuse me, sir, can I have a moment?” Pulling Sisceal aside, he whispered. “Are we sure this is the right guy? He doesn’t seem the type to do something like...that.” He grimaced at the memory of the crime scene. “I think he’s telling the truth.”

Sisceal rolled his eyes in annoyance of being pulled away from the suspect. "Glen I'm only being thorough. He's not going to be charged. Only held until we get this figured out...it was a murder we can't take it lightly or with much mercy." He heaved a heavy sigh. "I just need to know what he was doing in that alleyway. I'm watching if he's lying or not trust me on this. Let me press further to be sure."

He sniffled, invariably shaking his head as the officer chipped at any veneer of composure that Vincent could muster. There were no words for him to offer. Only a few pitiful whimpers could emanate from quivering but still rosy lips. He kept his visage hidden, almost buried into the floorboards from shame, but listened intently as a breakthrough reared itself. Vincent couldn't suppress a smirk as he realized what was being said. He was in deep, deeper than he’d ever been with cops, but there was nothing that could stop an elegant escape. Looking away from the pair, he wiped his face of moisture—whether it was from tears or sweat remained as unclear as he wanted it to be.

Glen began to protest but stopped himself. What if he was wrong about this? The longer this dragged on, the more time they gave their killer to do whatever the hell he pleased. If there was another victim because of his negligence, he didn’t know if he could handle that. The thought alone made him sick, but what really got him was remembering what he saw earlier that day. It was something he was never going to forget.

“Fine,” he muttered, his face turning a paler shade of pale. “Do what you must. I...I just have to step out for a minute. Excuse me.”

With that, he stepped out of the room, leaving his superior to do his job without any more interruptions.

"You sure you don't have anything else ta say?" The older man eyed him up and down. He was no fool, he knew by the look on his face this rookie had more to day. More than compliance too, nah this guy had the look of talking back in his expression. Testing him further Sisceal gave him a hard stare, but by then the man had chosen to exit the room.

"Well then. Looks like I've got you all to myself." He cracked his knuckles and turned back to Vincent. "I'm going to ask you again. What were you doing in that alleyway and why did you run. Isn't that hard of a question to answer I'd hope. Don't think I can make it any simpler than it already is."

He cursed the failed litigation conducted on his behalf, knowing his de facto attorney was far too spineless to muster a case. Freedom would be far harder than he anticipated. He swung his head back in the direction of the lone man in uniform, droplets wicking off pristine skin and into the air. “Yes, I heard you the first time.” A long exhale followed. He threw his hands up in defeat. “I didn’t want to say it, because it’s embarrassing, but here’s the truth. I don’t have anywhere to stay, so I was camping in the alleyway!” Eyebrows stretched the artificially tightened skin on his forehead, a mimicry of exasperation. It was a well hidden half-truth but nonetheless stung a sensitive ego. The sly delinquent wasn’t used to making concessions. The brief silence forced his face into cupped hands, a rare exhibit of shame from the dandy. “Are you happy now? Can I leave?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back