Advice/Help gaian needs a run down

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability
hi hello.

i've been rping on gaia for 10+ years but it's doin a heckin dyin and i've had this site in the back of my mind for a couple years. any old gaians have advice on some of the similarities or differences? i'm used to all the apps, profiles, graphics, rules, discord servers, etc.

i've also started to love making my own graphics and putting together very story driven plots, but i don't want to come off as super hardcore if that's not the vibe. i'm definitely going to join someone else's roleplay here first, of course, just wanted to see if anyone has any tips for me.

My hiatus from Gaia dates back awhile and both it and this place have changed a lot, but in general I'd say people on here like coding but don't expect it as much as Gaians do, things have gotten more relaxed here in terms of apps and the like, and there's a lot more happening on Discord.

I think graphics and story-driven plots are awesome- it's just about finding partners you click with. In terms of tips, I would say to trust your gut- if the vibe of an RP or its players doesn't feel right to you, that's probably because it isn't, but with some patience and dedication I'm sure you'll be able to find the ones that are a good fit, whether that be joining someone else's or making your own~

Welcome to RPN ^^

So it’s been awhile since I was on Gaia long term but here is the key differences I can think of off the top of my hat.

1. Active mods/admin. They enforce the rules a lot more strictly here then on Gaia (especially in its heyday when there were more then three people and a dog on the site). So make sure you read the rules carefully.

2. Organization. So the site is organized very differently to Gaia. (( Recruit Here )) —- this is the section for all the interest checks. Tagging is fairly similar to Gaia but searching is much easier. (I can go into that in another post if your curious).

3. Graphics/coding. So physical graphics aren’t as common, if only cuz a fair number of people are on mobile and it’s a pain. But coding is decently popular, it’s not a requirement but it won’t lose your partners. If ya want some cool freebies you can use while you get the hang of things check out :: BBCode Center

hi hello.

i've been rping on gaia for 10+ years but it's doin a heckin dyin and i've had this site in the back of my mind for a couple years. any old gaians have advice on some of the similarities or differences? i'm used to all the apps, profiles, graphics, rules, discord servers, etc.

i've also started to love making my own graphics and putting together very story driven plots, but i don't want to come off as super hardcore if that's not the vibe. i'm definitely going to join someone else's roleplay here first, of course, just wanted to see if anyone has any tips for me.
I feel like the BBC coding will be a bit jarring. BBC code and fancy advertisements are pretty standard here but not everyone does it. On Gaia it's a little simpler to code with graphics and layout than here. It's a bit more basic sort of like free forum you ever role-played on there. I find setting up role plays on gaia a heck of a lot easier but you'll receive more feedback and responses on rpn. The wait time for starting a role-play is fairly similar. Overall you should have pretty similar experiences here. My advice would be not to go deep diving into complex coding. Join someone else's role-play and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back