• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gaia, the Lonely Skies | D&D 5th Edition (Closed)

StorybookParagon

Mattering Not
f1f9f92f8f3ddcf3aaa30db24e7f4162--purple-sky-fantasy-landscape.jpg

Gaia, the Lonely Skies
Gaia is a world where the elves live in their high trees, dwarves in their mountains, and humans in their kingdoms. Over the sky they it has become common to see the presence of magic zipping through the air and the touch of gods carve the land... however, there is one exception that has made the skies empty. Dragons have disappeared from the world, leaving their hoards and minions behind. Treasures and glories are ripe for the taking... if you're brave or stupid enough to traverse the traps and minions that still zealously guard the dungeons.

Games
Welcome to the high fantasy adventure world of Gaia. Dragons are gone, people are preparing for doomsday, and that night sky looks very pretty for something that is saying that the world will end. It's silly, it's fun, and it's meant for new players for D&D 5th Edition. If this seems interesting, feel free to ask questions and put up interest here. Currently each group is 4 at a maximum (for my sanity). Below are the groups that I'm running.

• You are adventurers meeting a Foolhardy Elf in Brookvale to raid a tiny hoard deep in the woodlands. "A chance for fun and profit," He says, fancying himself an opportunistic expedition leader. Others know him better as a chronic tax evader assembling a motely crew of... any he can find really to delve into the woods and pay for his crippling debt.

Oh yes, he has heard about the giant monster roaming through the woods ever since the dragons left, but that's not going to stop him and his plucky crew from going in anyways. What's an adventure without danger anyways?

Bonus: The Foolhardy Elf has paid you in advance, giving you 10gp extra to spend when creating your character. Where he got the gold, he won't tell you.

Slots (4/4):
    • Ilikepie Ilikepie , a Free-Spirited and Prideful Liar.
    • Felis Felis , a Forthright and Frugal Fist-fighter.
    • Ian Temero Ian Temero , an Anxious and Shy Pacifist.
    • Ness Ness , an Impulsive and Self-Assured Gentleman.

Basic Rules
Player's Handbook. We'll be only using the 5e Player's Handbook for character options. This is to not make it overwhelming as there is a lot of 5e content out there for new players. This restriction may be lifted for groups more experienced with D&D. Otherwise, there are no other restrictions on race, class, or background (but I do ask for non-evil characters that refuse to work with the party). If you want to brainstorm with me a custom background or want to learn more about something in the setting, feel free to leave a message here on the thread or in my messages. Homebrew will be done on a case-by-case basis.

Point Buy. Use point buy or standard array for stats.

Advancement. You start with XP dependent on the group. When you have enough XP to advance to the next level, you must take a long rest to do so. You gain average Hit Points when you level up and can choose a feat instead of choosing to increase your ability scores.

Death. When you die, your XP drops to the lowest possible XP value that doesn't lower your level. For example: if a level 2 character with 500XP dies, they are dropped down to 300XP which is the advancement point for level 2.

House Rules
Pitch. Give your character two adjectives and a single word descriptor. This way you can be a blind and ferocious politician, a crazy and heartfelt janitor, or a daydreaming and childish guardsman.

Integrities. Your character must have two beliefs that they hold true and dear to them, something they want to show others very much. The following are examples:
  • I hate feeling like I'm being trapped inside small places.
  • I love the thrill of a competition, maybe a bit too much.
  • I always try to live up to the reputation my father created.
  • I never pass an opportunity to show just how great I am.

Questions? Interested? Feel free to post in this thread.

Last edited:
dnd is fun. Hopefully this one actually starts, the last couple of dnd games I tried to play on this site died before the game even started.

The house rules will be the hardest part of the character creation because of how they effect character personality beyond the normal personality traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws that are already present.

dnd is fun. Hopefully this one actually starts, the last couple of dnd games I tried to play on this site died before the game even started.

The house rules will be the hardest part of the character creation because of how they effect character personality beyond the normal personality traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws that are already present.
Oh no! An ancient curse? But yeah I want to start as soon as I figure out what level people want to start at. As for the house rules, they are from a different system that I really liked.

If this actually gets going I’d be interested in either one.
The pact has been sealed.

I'd be interested, too! Will this be play-by-post?
Definitely! Although I may speed things along because I know how life can be. Coughs in midterms.

Not sure what to make yet. Even with limited options it still be a challenge in picking what type of character to make.

I'm not sure what character I'll go with yet, either (though I have a few ideas already), but once I have something more solid, do you want the CS via PM or posted in the thread here? StorybookParagon StorybookParagon

Darkness Shadowblade Halfling Arcane Trickster Rogue

A fearless young woman that believes that she will be the greatest person to ever exist and if you ask she will tell you that she already is.

1634533513336.png

Attachments

• Darkness Shadowblade Rogue.pdf
    652.7 KB · Views: 11
Hm... Now do I make a serious character to balance out the shenanigans, or a playful character to add to them?

Alright, I think I'm done. I've used BBCode tabs instead of a PDF sheet though (I find it more practical for RPN), but I'm happy to fill one of those out if you prefer them. And I hope it's okay I went ahead and made a Variant Human with Magic Initiate (not everyone likes to use variants or feats, after all!), else I can take those parts out.

I'll put the CS in a spoiler below so the thread doesn't look so cluttered. Do let me know if I've made a mistake somewhere, I've worked on it on and off so I might have missed something.

Finne Sumber "Tempestweaver"Monk (Four Elements) LV3 | Human (variant) | True Neutral | Entertainer (Gladiator)

• Current HP: 21 | Max. HP: 21 | Temporary HP: -
    AC: 16 | Speed: 40 ft. | Darkvision: None | Size: Medium
    Proficiency bonus: +2 | Passive Perception: 15

Initiative: - | Inspiration: -
    Hit dice: 3d8 | Total hit dice: 3d8

Death Saves:
    Successes ○○○ | Failures ○○○

Ability scores:
    Strength Dexterity Constitution Intelligence Wisdom Charisma
    10 16 12 16 8 10
    +0 +3 +1 +3 -1 +0

Saving throws:

Strength: +2
    Dexterity: +5
    Constitution: +1
    Intelligence: -1
    Wisdom: +3
    Charisma: +0
    Abilities:

Acrobatics +5
    Animal handling +3
    Arcana -1
    Athletics +2
    Deception +0
    History -1
    Insight +5
    Intimidation +0
    Investigation -1
    Medicine +3
    Nature -1
    Perception +5
    Performance +2
    Persuasion +0
    Religion -1
    Sleight of Hand +3
    Stealth +3
    Survival +3
    Other proficiencies:

simple weapons, shortswords
    disguise kit, musical instrument (drum), woodcarver's tools

Languages:

Common, Orc

(proficiencies in italics, expertise in bold italics)

Attacks:

Attack Name Attack Bonus Damage/Type
    Unarmed Strike +5 1d4+3 bludgeon
    Handaxe +5 1d6+3 slash
    Dart +5 1d4+3 pierce
    Handaxe: Light, Thrown (20/60)
    Dart: Finesse, Thrown (20/60)

The house rule parts, for ease of reading (they're folded into the background tab, too):
Pitch: a forthright and frugal fist-fighter (sorry, I couldn't resist the alliteration!)
Integrities: I try to never spend more money than strictly necessary. Anything that's worth doing is worth doing well and seeing it through; I don't quit halfway.

Well crap. Didn’t think someone else would go for an elemental monk. Back to the drawing board! (Maybe a sorcerer…)

Alrighty, going with something a little... unconventional for a dungeon delver.

Willow (Cleric).jpg
Willow Engelhart, Cleric of Eldath

An anxious and shy pacifist

"I will bring no harm to the living."
"I pray that I can make a difference in this world."

Attachments

• Willow Engelhart.pdf
    655.7 KB · Views: 16
Well crap. Didn’t think someone else would go for an elemental monk. Back to the drawing board! (Maybe a sorcerer…)
Oops, I'm so sorry! :D: I should have said something ahead of time, but like you, I didn't think anyone else would go for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back