Gabrielle [Mr. Robot OC]

Caligula

An INFP pretending to be a misanthrope.
I'm admittedly having a hard time putting this character into words. It's pretty difficult trying to get across how complicated she is without sounding too contradictory.

Gabrielle Degarmeaux

Gabrielle Degarmeaux (pronounced Degarmo) is a 25-year-old woman living in NYC. Her father is of French descent and is fluent in the language, though he has resided in the US for over two decades. He married an American woman and they had one child together. This child was raised in luxury and always given the best; of all things tangible at least. With a mother that never cared to have children in the first place and a severely dispassionate business-minded CEO for a father, the more emotional part of their parenting left a lot to be desired. There was no place for emotions in her home, so the naturally sensitive child was taught the art of suppression at an early age.

Though her family is very well off and she doesn't need to work, she often still applies for jobs and has recently taken on one at a gimmicky bookstore/cafe managed by a middle-aged hipster. Considering how fickle she is, it's likely that she'll quit soon and move on to the next job that will temporarily cure her boredom. She is overall very listless and always searching for some type of purpose even if she isn't fully aware of this. Whenever the other trust fund babies she knows ask why she insists on working, she tells them that she wants some control over her finances instead of solely relying on her parents. It's not entirely a lie; Gabrielle does prefer to be in control of every aspect of her life, and in order to do so she feels that she must keep her true self hidden.

Gabrielle is first and foremost an extreme pessimist. Every so often she expresses misanthropic views, unintentionally revealing hints of her real personality to those perceptive enough to pick up on it. With her radical mood shifts, she finds it hard to see the good in anything. Even she can never be sure of what her official stance on humanity is. Fortunately for her, not one person she surrounds herself with is all that perceptive, and she's gotten quite good at repressing her unsavory thoughts. The Gabrielle most see is laid back, often sarcastic and sometimes, very rarely, even a bit sweet. Her overall personality is a bit hard to pin outside of those few traits because she's like a chameleon who changes her demeanor with each setting.

code by Ri.a

Personally, I think I like the development you've put in so far- what exactly are you trying to add on in terms of complexity, and what are you trying to keep yourself from contradicting? I'm probably not the most qualified in terms of advice, or even being on this site in general, but I'll do my best.

As for feedback specifically, I enjoy the whole "repressed personality," as I can connect to it, albeit not to the extent that Gabrielle presents. I could definitely see her being in a slice of life style rp following her and some friends of varying close-ness as she tries to fill that void in her life. Maybe even a little bit of mystery as those friends of hers try to figure her out from the sparse and likely subtle hints she dropped here and there.

Hope I'm at least a little helpful! If you wish to discuss over PM, you'll have to start it since the site upped it's post requirement from 10>25 sometime recently.

Personally, I think I like the development you've put in so far- what exactly are you trying to add on in terms of complexity, and what are you trying to keep yourself from contradicting? I'm probably not the most qualified in terms of advice, or even being on this site in general, but I'll do my best.

As for feedback specifically, I enjoy the whole "repressed personality," as I can connect to it, albeit not to the extent that Gabrielle presents. I could definitely see her being in a slice of life style rp following her and some friends of varying close-ness as she tries to fill that void in her life. Maybe even a little bit of mystery as those friends of hers try to figure her out from the sparse and likely subtle hints she dropped here and there.

Hope I'm at least a little helpful! If you wish to discuss over PM, you'll have to start it since the site upped it's post requirement from 10>25 sometime recently.
Thanks for the feedback^^
I think my biggest concern is that I may not be wording it all as well as I could be. People are pretty complicated so I worry about sounding contradictory when describing characters. I'll probably keep working on it and figuring out what else I should add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back