• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern G O O D N I G H T | Main Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Eddie startled as the bell rang, as he tended to do with sudden, loud noises, and lifted his head. One lesson down, far too many more to go. As much as Eddie loved to learn, something about today just seemed to be dragging on. But maybe the rest of his classes would be better. Second period actually ended up worse, a hefty, angry debate starting up in the classroom, out of control of the teacher, who didn't seem to care. Eddie himself just sat there, tense, waiting for everyone to just shut up whilst he tried to focus more on his work and not on flinching and twitching with the loud sounds. It didn't help that Mayhem kept urging him to 'punch the lights out of them', in order to get them to shut up.

He slumped in relief when the bell signalling lunch rang, and he scurried out of the class as fast as his legs would carry him, pulling his hood a little further down over his eyes. He completely bypassed any sort of food, not feeling hungry, and went straight for the table with his friends. For the moment it was just Anson and Ashley, by the look of it, but Eddie was sure the others would soon join. And... He frowned, as he saw another boy speaking briefly to Anson, before the boy disappeared into the crowds.

Only once the boy was gone did Eddie slip up to the table, settling onto a seat opposite the other two, giving them a soft smile, "Hey." He hummed, tilting his head, "Found a new friend, Anson?" He asked, nodding slightly in the direction the boy had gone. Before he could get an answer, he smiled a little brighter, "How are you both anyway?"

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar

Anson started to answer his first question, but was interrupted by Ashley's cheerful voice. She was in a good mood today. While she always acted excited and positive, there were days when it seemed like a show rather than genuine happiness, days when he was concerned for her. When her body was covered in bruises from her parent's abuse, when her skin was broken into pieces by crimson art drawn with a blade. Today, however, it was honest, it was real, and he was overjoyed. "Wonderful! Did he tell you we went camping over the weekend? It was awesome to get a break from life and everything that's going on in our lives, and just have fun and enjoy each other's presence. I know it's been said way to many times, but I think the most beautiful things in life are just the little things that we forget to notice, the memories we'll cling to and cherish when we're older," she said it so simply, so easily, words flowing from her in a way that Anson never really could understand. She shook her head, running her long fingers through her hair. "But enough about us. How have you been doing, Eddie?"

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Eddie was more than happy to listen to Ashley talk, beaming at her with a tilted, soft smile. He liked hearing his friends happy. And, to know that she and Anson had had a good weekend, away from the usual horrors of life, made him happy. They deserved to be happy. He nodded his agreement with her, glancing at Anson before looking back to her, tugging at his sleeve in an almost nervous fashion as she asked how he was.

"I'm fine. I mean, I've done nothing as exciting as going camping. I'm glad you both had a good time!" He told her cheerfully, verbally dancing away from the entire question about himself. It was bad enough they could see the bruise on his face, they certainly didn't need to hear about Eddie's problems.

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar

Valentina

It was normal for V to catch odd stares as she walked the halls from her last class to the lunchroom. She was almost certain she was one of the only students there from a completely different country; it didn't really bother her as much as it used to, but it was still always slightly uncomfortable. The school was on the smaller side after all, what did she expect? As she entered the cafeteria, V immediately spotted Ashley, Anson and Eddie already occupying their table. "Hi friends!" Valentina chirped.

She could already see how cheerful Ashley seemed from the other side of the room. Good for her, V thought to herself. She she sat down at the table, next to Eddie, and greeted Ashley and Anson on the opposite side. "So how was everyone's morning? Excited for our 'walk' after school? I'm interested in seeing what this 'abandoned house' looks like." V said, obviously taking the whole idea with a grain of salt.

Anson smiled at Eddie's apparent happiness, grateful that he was also having an okay day. He was still concerned about the massive bruise on his head, but didn't want to mention it again and intrude on his personal life. Maybe he did actually fall, who knows. Maybe it really didn't matter, as long as his friend was content and nothing happened to him. Returning his smile, he said, "Glad to hear it. I guess it's hard not to have fun on a weekend, right?"

Ashley laughed and agreed, slipping her hand into his. Anson glanced at her, eyes full of gentleness, and squeezed back tightly. Turning back to the cafeteria door, he saw his friends coming through the absurdly long line and was happy to see V heading towards them. He greeted her, then said, "Hey, about that old house, I just had a super weird conversation with a freshman. He wants us to spend the night there, says he'll give us a bunch of money for it. I'm not saying I'm completely sold on the idea, but we could use some money and it might be fun to have a bit of adventure."

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys EazyBoven EazyBoven

Ash was relieved when he was finally allowed to go into the cafeteria to fill his empty stomach. After going through line, he went to his normal table, seeing that Anson, Ashley, V, and Eddie were already sitting there, munching away.
"Hey guys!" called Ash, waving at his group of friends and squeezing in beside Anson. "What are ya doing?" He secretly thought about what V had suggested on the group chat, going to the haunted house sounded both fun and scary. But then again, he didn't want to chicken out of it...

Last edited:
MIA
Like always, the lecture entered through one hear and left through the other. Mia did her best at stalling her father, but her attempt at arriving at school during lunch time failed, and she had to put up with Mr. Fernand babbling about geometry for two hours. The second the lunch time bell rang she almost instantaneously got out of her classroom and ran as fast as she could. Not even acknowledging the existence of the cafeteria food for the sake of her own sanity, she hurried over to join Anson, Eddie, Ashley, Ash and V. She sat down next to Ash. "Yo! Are you talking bout the haunted house business? Because I'm so damn down."

(Interacted: Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys EazyBoven EazyBoven Ravenpaw Ravenpaw )

Last edited:
Eddie beamed at V, greeting her with enthusiasm. Oh, he knew how to act happy, even if he was drowning inside. He didn't want them to worry, and he thought they wouldn't worry if he was cheerful, and maybe they wouldn't pay any attention to the bruise on his face. He nodded to Ashley, though disagreed. His weekends were spent usually in his house, stuck with his father. It was why he treasured any moment he could spend with his friends at weekends. He paused as the abandoned house was mentioned. Surely something was wrong about that house if someone wanted to pay someone else to stay in it overnight?

Mia's words confirmed it, and he chirped a hello before he paused, "Haunted?" He asked, eyes wide. Eddie was very much a scaredy cat, one reason why he could never stomach horror movies. The last time he had, he'd kept waking up for the next week to each creak in the house.

"Haunted? Oh! That sounds fun Eddie!" Came the more than enthusiastic sound of his other mental half, making Eddie groan softly.

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar -robert- -robert- EazyBoven EazyBoven Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

Valentina

Spending the night there? That was nothing. Valentina knew wholeheartedly that house was. not. haunted. It's a run down shit hole nobody bothered to buy because they'd spend less money building their own place, than trying to fix up that one. "Let's do it!! What's the worst that could happen? I mean really, do any of you actually believe that stuff is real? And if they're serious about the compensation afterwards, I'm !00% down." A smirk swept across V's face, the excitement bringing out her home country's accent. She liked a challenge, especially if she got to do it with her friends.

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar -robert- -robert- WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

Anson chuckled at Mia's enthusiasm about going to the haunted house, but was glad to see her. "Hey, Mia. Yeah, we're thinking about spending the night there. Might be fun, but be cold and shitty," he informed her from across the table. After a moment, he added, "But honestly, I'm down for anything. If you guys wanna hang out somewhere other than a freaky old house, that sounds cool to me."

Then Anson saw the expression on Eddie's face, and immediately changed his mind too late. Ashley's face was similar to Eddie's - pale and frightened at the very idea of entering a haunted house - but she knew he was as scared as she was, and forced herself to speak in a steady voice. "Don't worry, Eddie. I'm sure it's not really haunted...." She found her eyes straying to Anson's face, looking for a confirmation, but found nothing but a tight squeeze of her hand, so she simply said, "I'm c-cool with that, if it's what you guys want to do!"

-robert- -robert- EazyBoven EazyBoven WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Ash grinned.
"Sounds pretty freaky to me!" he said jokingly. "I'm good with it if you all are!" Despite his efforts to keep the tiny bit of fear in his voice out, it was quite clear, though he wouldn't admit it. He didn't want them to think he was scared or stupid, even though he was truly both of those things. Shaking his head, he looked at Eddie's scared expression, and with it him saying,
"Haunted?" Ash smiled.
"Come on Eddie, it can't be that bad!" he said. Then, after hearing what V had said, he again reassured Eddie by saying,
"V wants to do it, Mia wants to do it, Anson does, Ashley does, and I do. It won't be too bad," he was glad that Anson kept comforting Eddie afterwards, because it would make Eddie feel better about going. He didn't want to do something Eddie didn't want to do.

Last edited:
The fact that his friends were trying to reassure him certainly calmed Eddie's nerves over the matter, and he gave a more tense smile than before. He shrugged, willing to go if the others wanted to, as always. Even if he didn't sleep at all the night they were there, or likely for a week after, he'd go. He nodded his head slowly, taking note of the slight stutter to Ashley's voice. Was... Was she scared too? He didn't want her to be scared, but it was reassuring to know he wasn't the only one.

Gesturing to his head, he rolled his eyes, "Even Mayhem wants to go, so I guess I don't have a choice." He joked, despite always being uncertain whenever he brought up Mayhem in conversation. He never truly understood what the others thought of Mayhem, after all, "Besides, I'm... I'm sure it's just a creaky, old house, right?"

Ravenpaw Ravenpaw Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar EazyBoven EazyBoven -robert- -robert-

Valentina

"Okay guys, that's what I'm talking about!! This Friday sound good to everyone? You guys can just tell your parents you're sleeping at each other's houses-my parents really don't notice I'm gone." V's demeanor changed a bit with her last words. She wasn't one to open up much and she hoped her friends took it nonchalantly. She was among the oldest of the group, not by much, but that meant her parents expected her to start living as an adult soon. It wasn't as scary as she had anticipated, but sometimes her indecisiveness would get the best of her.

To get her mind off the topic, V switched her attention to Eddie-who was clearly nervous after the idea being brought up. "Eddie, it'll be fine-" V placed a comforting hand upon his shoulder. "As long as we stick together, nothing bad can happen. I promise you, it's just a creaky old house."

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar -robert- -robert- Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

The day went by in an absolute blur. Indiana had always found it funny just how quickly time could move sometimes. Everyone else - Well, her friends. - always complained about how long class seemed to drag on, but she'd never quite understood why. Sure, some of the teachers had a strange obsession with making the class talk, letting a still quiet settle over the room undisturbed after each and every question in a vain attempt to force someone to answer. Eventually one of the more courageous students would take the shot, but it always took a while. She understood. It's hard to speak up, even when you know you're right. Still, she wished they would all at least be honest about it. It was hard not to get tired of the game everyone played between question and answer. Paging through notebooks, shuffling papers and checking then rechecking calculations like they didn't know when they so obviously did. At least they should. They did know, right? Sometimes, she wasn't so sure. Maybe she could ask her friends. Then again, she hated asking them anything.

The bell's ringing started up once again. Lunch time. She groaned. She was always happy to have some time to spend with her friends, but she'd always hated the lunch hall. It was far too loud. Far too populated. She always felt like people were watching her. Pressing in on her. Crushing the safe little bubble she liked to keep around herself. It was hard for her to admit it, even to herself, but she was afraid of it. The closeness. It always made her feel trapped, like an animal with nowhere to run. She wasn't sure her friends really understood, they were all so much more comfortable around others. Maybe Eddie could understand a little, but even he seemed so much more comfortable around others than her. At least, she'd never seen him as afraid of others. He trusted people. Whatever, it didn't really matter. She could ignore the stares as long as she was with the others, but walking across the room to meet them always set her on edge, like someone was about to pounce from the crowd and attack her or something. She didn't even really understand. Still, she could handle it. She just really didn't like doing it.

She wound her way past the crowd, keeping as far from the more tightly packed groups as possible and avoiding the lunch line itself entirely. It took far longer than it really should have, by the time she arrived the entire group was already settled and conversing, but that didn't bother her. It made joining in easier when she could just watch them talk for a few minutes. So she did, settling in a few feet away from the others and familiarising herself with the conversation before, eventually, speaking up, her voice characteristically smooth despite the gravel that seemed to be lodged in her throat. If there was one thing she hated most about getting sick, it was just how quickly it happened. Then again, it wasn't really the cold's fault, was it? She knew what smoking was doing to her. It wasn't exactly a secret, after all. But, a habit was a habit, no matter how terrible it was. Well, you could argue it was much more of an addiction, but it helped, so there was that.

"Val's right. A house is a house, doesn't matter how run down it is." She'd almost choked over her own words. Val. Nobody called her that. She looked away, feigning a cough to cover her retreat. She couldn't help it. V was just so... Nice. She always ended up nervous around her. She watched as students bustled around the room, each had their own obvious goal, but together they all looked like a confused mess. It was interesting, but more importantly, it gave her somewhere else to look. "Besides. You don't really think it's haunted, right? That's ridiculous."

Anson
"Friday sounds great, does that work for you guys?" He felt a bit guilty forcing Eddie into this, and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry," he said in a quieter tone. "No ghosts, k?" He grinned and patted him on the shoulder gently before turning back to the others. Ashley appeared to be even more upset than Eddie about the whole thing, but she was hiding it far more successfully. Offering what he hoped was a comforting smile, he leaned in to kiss her gently on the cheek.

"You know you don't have to do this, right, Ash? If you don't want to, it's fine," Anson murmured low enough so that the others couldn't hear. He knew all to well the effects that the extreme stress this 'adventure' had the potential to cause could have on her. Anxiety was something they both knew very personally, and this similarity they shared was part of the reason they were so close, so perfect for each other. They understood each other on a level not many could, and with that they were able to love and each other in a way only they themselves were capable of. There were times when Anson looked back on their relationship and wondered how he managed to end up with this amazing person, what series of correct decisions he had to make in life to come to this wonderful place.

Ashley
"I'm free on Friday, I guess, if that's what you want to do." Ashley hoped her friends didn't notice the tremble in her voice as she spoke, the nervous way she was biting her nails. It was just one of those unconscious habits we all have, and one she had been unable to drop despite her parents useless attempts. They wanted her to be a perfect son, which to them meant she was, quite simply, an actual son. A flawless Christian child without anxiety problems, with a sweet little Christian girlfriend who'd only in nightmares would land himself in trouble. And yet here she was, sitting here with her equally problematic boyfriend talking about sneaking out in the dead of night to an old haunted house that didn't belong to them or anyone they knew. Congratulations, mom and dad, she thought humorlessly. You've raised a teenager.

When Anson kissed her, she filled with gratitude. He was the only person in her life that really got her, that understood what was going on inside her head better than she did. He saved her in her darkest moments of anxiety and in the worst days of her life. He'd drop everything if she simply texted him and said she was having a bad day because he knew what hell she was silently suffering through, and he knew because he'd been there multiple times. The most incredible out of an infinite number of amazing things about him was his effortless and selfless kindness and his willingness to put anyone else above him. One of his greatest weaknesses as well - he'd sooner help a thousand complete strangers than help himself."You know you don't have to do this, right, Ash?"

Easily returning his concerned smile, Ashley nodded. Chuckling, she said, "I know. I know, but I want to. I mean, honestly, there's no such thing as ghosts, I'm just being silly." She hesitated, then added in a more serious tone, "Besides, you deserve to get to do something fun without me getting in the way."

"Ash . . . " He protested with a worried frown. Oh, no, she thought. She'd known that last part was a mistake, and now she'd gone and said something stupid and made Anson upset too. She loved him, but sometimes he was just a bit to . . . protective. "You know I think everything I do with you is fun, right?" He smiled, and if you asked her, she would tell you it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen in her life.

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

MIA
"Yeah, I'm down for Friday." This was nothing new to Mia. Eddie and Ashley not wanting to do something, but do scared to admit it and let everyone else down, and it was obvious by the tone of their voices and the crack here and there. But, she noticed someone else had an odd tone to their voice too... Ash, whom she sat next to. She knew Ash, a grin on his face at all times, cracking a joke here and there... but this time his voice had a hint of fear to it. Knowing he wouldn't admit it out loud, she sent him a private message, elbowed him discreetly and signaled at his phone.

"hey, are u... scared? dw its ok if u are"

(Interacted: Ravenpaw Ravenpaw )

Eddie, already nervous about the entire idea, twitched at the gentle hand V placed upon his shoulder as she reassured him. A creaky old house. His own home was more dangerous and frightening. As Indy came to sit down, he gave her a smile of greeting, nodding his own agreement with her. But... the way she'd looked away after calling V Val, the way she seemed to blush just a little... "I think Indy likes V, Eddie." Came the rumble of agreement from Mayhem, who could only have realised that when Eddie did. Mayhem wasn't exactly known for being as smart as Eddie. In fact... he never seemed to think before he did or said anything.

All the touches, even from his friends as even Anson patted him on the shoulder, made Eddie shrink into his hoodie just a little. He trusted them all, but he still couldn't help the twitching of fear. But he nodded anyway, smiling a little, "Friday then." He agreed. As much as he'd rather stay away. Though... It could take a lot to convince his father to let him go, the man often liked treating Eddie like a slave anytime he was home, and he wouldn't like the missed opportunity to be waited on, or to harm Eddie in any way he could.

Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar EazyBoven EazyBoven Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar

Valentina

Indy's greeting caused a turn in Valentina's head. "Val? That's new...but I like it! Only Indy can call me it though, she came up with it." She went to shoot Indy a quick smile and giggle, but she turned away her gaze beforehand. It was normal for Indiana to get shy and quiet around the group; it wasn't clear why, considering they had all been friends for so long, but V didn't question it. Her last intentions were to make any of her friends uncomfortable; she loved them all far too much for that. "Don't worry guys, I think this'll be really fun for all of us, we'll be the talk of the school!" V spoke, excitement floating in her tone-she was always up to do things other people were too scared to.

It was evident all her friends were feeling quite the opposite though, she didn't blame them. Growing up in Russia caused Valentina's thought process to flow differently than others. The things publicized and capitalized on in America, like ghosts/poltergeists in horror movies or killer dolls that came to life, were deemed myths in Russia. In her hometown, the only popularly believed legend was that of the "Baba Yaga," also known as the "wild woman" or "dark lady of magic." In stories, citizens often described "Baba Yaga" as a "frightening, wild, old witch with an enormous appetite for people." Valentina had never seen this entity for herself, but past generations of her family claimed to have at least seen, or encountered the witch on multiple occasions. Nevertheless, V didn't find herself so convinced. After all, she was more of a "I have to see it to believe it" type of person.

Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys -robert- -robert- Ravenpaw Ravenpaw

Wait, had she heard that right? V didn't mind? Indiana visibly relaxed, even daring to give her friend a smile. It was a small thing, even more timid than usual, but it was there. It was hard to remember just how long they had all been friends sometimes. Hard not to forget that Indy could trust them all as much as they did her. She always settled back into the group after a while together, but she never could stop that initial feeling of being wildly out of place. She did her best to shake it off quickly this time, moving a little closer to the group and looking away from the rest of the room, her gaze skipping passed Valentina with deliberate speed as she turned. "Friday it is. We go, finally get away from all of this for a while. It'd be nice not to feel trapped for once, don't you think?"

Indiana was more than willing to give this haunted house thing a try. In fact, she was excited! She was always hoping for an excuse to just relax with her friends, away from the pressure of life, commitments, and people. She always tagged along whenever they would hang out, but it was never quite what she wanted. They always wanted to go somewhere. See someone. Do something. But this was different. They would be alone, nothing to distract them, a house to themselves. Even if the place was haunted, which she absolutely refused to believe, it would still be a welcome change of pace. There were no evil spirits or demons dwelling anywhere beyond the pages of a book. She was certain of that.

Ravenpaw Ravenpaw Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys EazyBoven EazyBoven -robert- -robert-

Anson was restless. He'd set an alarm to awaken him as soon as he was certain his father was asleep, but in the hours before his eyes refused to close. Thoughts swirled through his vision like waking nightmares, incoherent voices and images all speaking at once. He knew it was just the anxiety talking, just the emptiness of the room, the isolation, and the sensation of being trapped in here. Doors locked. Windows closed. Bed empty. Claustrophobia. This wasn't new, he was accustomed the the irrational fears that came to the surface at night. In his case, it wasn't the darkness that triggered it, it was the overwhelming feeling of being alone, with no other person nearby to talk to, just him and his thoughts and the internal war he was constantly fighting.

Ding, ding ding, went the alarm, the sudden sound disrupting the heavy silence sending his heart pumping even faster as it announced that it was time. Slowly, cautiously, Anson silenced the sounds and slipped out from under the sheets. He slung a bag he'd prepared just hours ago over his shoulder. No sound dared to interrupt the perfect stillness of the room as he moved toward the window and creaked it open. He pulled it slightly inward as he tugged to minimize the noise it made.

In seconds, Anson had one leg out the window. Given a couple more, he was in a sitting position, back pressed against the glass. He steadied his breathing, prepared to jump. And then he was flying through the air, urging his arms to remain still, forcing himself not to panic. His fingers closed around the branches of the tree, then his leg hooked around it, and he was safe. He descended the fifteen feet to the ground easily, with skill that came only with years of practice. When his feet finally contacted the grass, he stood still for a moment, straining his ears to make sure no one was nearby. Satisfied, he made his way to the middle of town, in the parking lot of Kimberly High.

This was the rendezvous point for his friends before they attempted this grand adventure. To gather their supplies and their wits, to decide whether they're going to chicken out at the last second. It was empty of vehicles, and no people had yet made an appearance - at least none he could see. Early, as usual. Ducking behind the electric sign - still advertising the basketball game from last week in its neon green letters - he crouched down to await the arrival of the others.

Eddie had... perhaps made a mistake. He'd mentioned, albeit under the stress of his father's hand around his neck, that he was going out with his friends, and was staying out overnight. His father, having been drinking the entire day, was... unhappy, to say the least, when he heard this news. Eddie knew why. The man thought Eddie wouldn't come back and, though the man beat Eddie, he knew the man needed him. They were each others only family, they loved each other as such, despite the punching and kicking that went on. Or maybe he thought Eddie would tell someone, but Eddie knew it was more likely someone would see the wounds Eddie had one day and realise.

So, by the time it was nearing the meet up time, Eddie was stood in the bathroom, trying to make the marks look less... horrible. The bruise on his temple from the other day was now healing, darkened into a soft greenish colour, but it had now been joined by a dark one on his cheek, a small cut where his fathers ring had caught his skin. His leg was killing him, causing him to be stood lopsided, and he knew his right side, against his ribs, was a mess of bruises. The worst one, and the one he was trying to hide the most, was the clear, distinct fingermarks around his pale neck. Eddie was certain that the man had been so scared that Eddie would leave, that for a moment he was contemplating killing him.

Even after the hits, Eddie had crawled to the bathroom and made his own marks on his arms, now hidden beneath his black hoodie. It was the thought that he could do what he wanted to himself too, that he had control, that made him need it. It didn't help that Mayhem was barking curses inside Eddie's skull, demanding they go and murder their father for what he'd done.

Zipping his hoodie up high, to hide the marks around his neck that he hoped would stay hidden by shadows and fabric, Eddie limped from the bathroom. The snores of his drunk father vibrated through the house, and Eddie found it easy to sneak out the front door, knowing his father was out for the count. One small miracle at least. He hoped the others wouldn't judge that he hadn't brought anything with him, but attempting to carry the bag he'd packed made it harder to hide the limp, and made the pain in his side worse. So he'd opted to shove as much as he could into his trouser and hoodie pockets, including his phone, despite the cracked screen, a torch, and a few energy bars.

Straightening his walk as he saw someone in the school carpark, he ambled over to Anson, smiling slightly, hood up over his bruised face, "Heya Anson."

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar Ravenpaw Ravenpaw Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar EazyBoven EazyBoven -robert- -robert-

MIA
"...and don't stay up too late!" A yawn escaped her mouth as her dad's speech finally came to an end, same thing as always. Not even bothering to respond she picked up her bag and headed straight towards the front door, but before she could leave, her father placed a soft hand on her shoulder... his voice filled with concern. "Are you really sure you don't want me to drive-" She cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "Yes dad, Indy will come to pick me up at the park, remember?" She actually did not even know if Indiana could drive or not, she knew she was legally an adult, and that that was enough to convince her father. "Ok ok... hey Mia? You know I love you right?" She rolled her eyes, but a small grin began to form at the corner of her mouth. "You're such a softie dad... but I love you too. Send kisses to mom for me." She turned around and left.

The walk to the school was a relatively long one, but nothing Mia couldn't handle, on her way there she took her time to review what she had brought: her half charged phone, some chips, and a few beer bottles she snatched from her fridge. It was going to be an awesome night. She wore her usual baggy yellow pants, an old and plain white T-Shirt, a red jacket, her yellow beanie and of course, her worn out red and white trainers.

Once she arrived at the meet up spot, she spotted Eddie and Anson. "Hey you two. Ready for tonight? It's gonna be wild!"

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys

Last edited:
Anson offered a crooked smile as his two friends greeted him in the parking lot. Everything about his expression screamed 'sleepy as hell', and he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. He was wearing contacts, which was unusual for him but not entirely out of the blue. He often used them over the weekends, when it was just him and sometimes his closest friends to see him.

Grateful that he hadn't had to wait long, he called softly across the wide area, "Hey, guys!" Looking at Mia, he grinned and nodded enthusiastically. "Totally pumped! It'll be awesome to get away from life for a while, even if it is in some creepy-ass old house." Anson quickly scanned the area, straining his eyes to see through the darkness. The rest of their group couldn't be far away, unless they'd had trouble escaping their parents. He himself had avoided that particular issue by simply sneaking out, unwilling to engage in some hours-long debate between him and his most-likely drunk father. Far too many meaningless battles had been fought recently, the majority of which turning physical before long. Eddie wasn't the only one with secrets.

WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys -robert- -robert-

Eddie smiled as Anson offered him one of his own, and looked to his left as he noticed Mia also turning up. Stuffing his hands in his hoodie pockets, he stood a little lopsided as he chuckled softly at the pairs enthusiasm, "The idea has grown on me... a little." He admitted. Well... more of the idea of spending a night away from his father, with his friends. It should be fun, as long as he didn't think too hard about the place they were in.

He glanced up, briefly, at the single streetlight above them, "The others should be here soon. This is already creepy, being near school at night." He joked, lowering his head again to glance between the two.

-robert- -robert- Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar

Valentina

It wasn't long until Friday came around-the day V and her friends would unknowingly embark on an unforgettable journey. Valentina quietly gathered a few things from her bedroom at home: some water bottles, a few light snacks, a sleeping bag paired with her own blanket and pillow, a change of clothes and finally a small basic medical kit- just in case. Double checking to make sure she had the bare necessities, V let out a quick sigh of excitement. It wasn't usual for her and her friends to be able to do things like this, so tonight was fairly new to them. Valentina mentally thanked the freshman who put this opportunity in front of their faces; it finally gave the group something fun to do.

Quietly sneaking out the door, V made her way towards the school's parking lot to meet up with her friends that had hopefully already arrived. She hated being the first one to anything they did. Just her luck, as Valentina came around the corner right before the school, she could see the shadowy figures of 3 people. Thank GOD! She thought as she approached them. "Guys! So happy you all got here first!" V giggled, knowing her friends we're fully aware she was grateful for their earlier arrivals. "I spent the whole week thinking about today; I also brought some stuff everyone could share if they need it." The beaming smile on V's face seemed to be permanently lit at the idea of staying overnight in this abandoned home. It was something nobody in their town was brave enough to do, yet her and her friends had no problem accepting this silly challenge. Was there...a reason for that? Were they meant to be the only group that accepted an invite to the most talked about property in this town...?

Satanic Nightjar Satanic Nightjar WolfOfProphecys WolfOfProphecys -robert- -robert-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back