• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom GᖇIᗰᗰ ᗯᗩᖇᏕ

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Cordy was living an outdated fever dream.
He did not object. It was a cool one, anyway. He did not object to the life of homelessness and slaying monsters-it was what he signed up for. Before he got shot to death, anyways. After that it was all downhill, down a cliff of gloom and into a bottomless pit where things just got worse. While his knowledge learned back in Beacon taught him that negative emotions attracted grimm even more, the way things were going seemed too hard not to feel so sad.
There was no fun complaining like that, however. If he didn't keep on moving, he'd be as well under the dirt back at the ruins of the village. But when his eyes opened and the bullets fell out of their holes, he decided to stand up. So he had to move on, lest he would end up as nothing but a rotting bag of flesh waiting to start rotting again. After quickly counting the bullets in hand, Cordy stood off of the stacked rubble of concrete. The docks were a busy place, even with the grimm about in the wilderness. Hence he was hoping to get a job to partake in for some decent pay, but there was no luck so far. The weapon he carried and the general atmosphere he had seemed to easily warn people that he was one of "those bunch". Huntsmen.

Cordy found the blame going on huntsmen a petty release of emotions. Huntsmen were not soldiers- they were more, as their names say, hunters. They were not fit for massive battles of a larger than life scale. The coordination and combat skills they taught at Beacon seemed far from that of a soldier's. But that was his opinion- and he was smart enough not to say it out loud. It seemed too late to complain anyways.

Cordy stood up from the concrete chunk he rested on, slinging his rather formidably sized gun case on his shoulder. He was hoping to get some job of his suite at the docks, but so far his presence hasn't been very welcome by the people there. Just his luck, he could say.

Warning(s): Gore
Interactions: Open
Mentions:
Turic Yusif

Turic moved on into the academy, hall by hall until finding a well decorated and ornate door holding back the extravagance of the grand library. Opening the thick door, the grand area was opened up. Bookcases lined with thick and small books alike, the expanding ceiling and decorated walls all gave life to the room that was generally dead from age and abandonment. The area sat still with dust and webs, the opening of the doors giving a breath to the room that scurried away a few small spiders into the dusty shelving. As the armored intruder stepped into the echoey hall, a group of other steps and distant voices could be heard by him. The varying tones of the voices merged together in Turic's ears and gave the general position away of the group but the extra reverb of the expansive library gave a harder time in telling where exactly the group could be.

Turic treaded carefully on the dust covered wood flooring, his sabatons making an unavoidable noise to all who want to hear, and quickly quieting down his new assailants within the library with him. While Turic didn't want to start a fight, he knew he would be fighting once he stood his foot into the sand of this wretched town. The guards of the temple were meant to do so and so was he. A contract was a contract but more importantly, these people were trash compared to him. They didn't deserve his mercy from combat, they didn't deserve to die on his blade but they would receive the honor. Rounding the corner of a bookshelf, Turic would find himself a duo of guards. Their armor looked much more decorated than a footman's blank and scuffed metal. There were finely chiseled engravings in the pauldrons of them. A lions head stood ominously on one of the mans and a one winged falcon rested on the other mans. Such animals had an ambiguous nature to why they would be on the pauldrons of the men, more so the falcon. Maybe they were engravings of what they were known and rewarded for? Turic almost wanted to ask before battle, and just might. Before he would though, the duo turned and asked something to the mercenary unanimously with curious tones.

"Do you plan on standing there the whole time, or are you here to be charged with trespassing on protected grounds? Come out and this will go far easier for you than if you won't."

Turic came out from behind the shelf he was tucked behind and revealed himself nonchalantly as if the library just any other to him. The threat of ease and trespassing did put a grin on the tailed mans revealed face, giving slight confusion to the guards. Turic truly found it funny they thought they had power over him. The underlings, the lesser, the subset. Even if they had engraved armors and notoriety to their sects, maybe. It all meant nothing to him. Why would it mean anything? They were all lesser in his eyes anyways.

"All right you two. You got me. Did your job. Or game, if you two were playing hide and seek. Unfortunately, I will not be coming with you two. You two will be dying. Instantly. Bye bye."

Spontaneously, Turic had switched his opinion on their death. While they did try to pull their swords out and charge him, Turic sent two of the orbs to the assailants and they almost instantly dropped to the ground, a chain mailed and plated mush oozing onto the hardwood flooring. A scoff came of Turic as he stepped over their husks of armor. He searched the shelves, finding old labels and directions till he found an aisle dedicated to the academy info. Small diagrams, historical texts, infographics, and finally, floor plans and building plans. While the many building plans were inconclusive for where the vault was, the floor plans were helpful in pointing some spots out. Making a list on the back of it, Turic wrote down the large area labeled storage room and the staff lounge. An area of vast area and void or clutter may reasonably hide a vault, or one of plain sight. Hopefully either of these leads would give success to Turic. He did not feel like dragging on this contract and delaying the sweet feeling of cash release.

~Zaffre Triskaideka ~

1670475668586.png

Zaffre continued to weave through traffic, the headlights glaring at her. It'd been a while since she'd been in civilization. Last time her parents had taken her to Argos to sell their families dust stores for the month. She technically hadn't had a license then, but her father had shown her the tricks, and she'd been driving small carrier freights around her family's business for years.

She could see the clocktower ahead, and winced.

"I don't have plan... if I show up and screw this up, everyone's going to be disappointed in me... That, and I shouldn't be here in the first place. Tch..."

Her frown grew and grew. Then with a sigh, she took an offramp, away from the clock tower, away from Beacon. The other's could deal with it. She would stick to her lane. The name Beacon made her smirk. It was also what she called her curse of a semblance. Hopefully it wouldn't cause trouble here. It was such a large city her semblance shouldn't make a difference... but that's what she'd told herself at Mistral.

"Should I really be here...?"

She shook her head, only to realize a car was honking at her, the light had turned green.

Aw, doesn't the hero like the city?

That's an act, and we know it... I'm no one's hero, never saved a single soul. If I could just break even though...

What to do with the free time though. Remembering her duel with Itel, she remembered shooting his gun out the air, and his comment:

“If I have to build one more weapon because some idiot destroyed it”
Itel

She smirked. Well, the first thing he could do was not be so damn flashy. But the second thing he could do is have a way to recall his weapons. And she had an idea of just how to do that. Be simple, be fast, be decisive, be dirty. All tricks her master had taught her. Switching routes, she headed to the docks. The stores wouldn't be the cheapest place to find the materials she was looking for. Convincing a few freighter ships to 'lose' a crate or two would be. She knew just the company.

"Shin Tensei cargo of Mistral should have just what I'm looking for. "

----------------------

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan
Making her way towards the docks, Zaffre barreled towards the fence around the shipyard without slowing down in the least. Looking like she was about to crash, she suddenly popped her bottom wheel, springing into the air. As she travelled over the fence, she pressed a button, and her bike began to collapse, the section she laid across loosening to chain, and she yanked at it, both wheels coming at her. Deftly, she grabbed each one, and laid it on her back, before committing a superhero landing on the pavement.

Yep. Perfect. Hero landing. My knees don't even hurt!

Ooooow... I think I bent one!

Standing, several people gave way to her. The weapon was normally a sign of a huntress, and none of them wanted much to deal with that. Technically, Zaffre wasn't one. Just an interloper who was trained like one. She hung her head.

"Wonder if Roux can make me a licensed huntress... Wait, do I even want to be...? What DO I want to be...?"

She thought for a moment with finger on her chin.

"Paid. I want to be paid."

A moment later, Zaffre noticed it wasn't her everyone was trying to avoid. It was another nearby stranger, one with a fairly large gun sulking nearby.

Without waiting a beat, she approached him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you look plenty strong. Are you actually a huntsman, or do people just think you're one due to the gun? I'm not actually a huntress, but people give me that look at the time as I'm not Atlas Military. I wish I was naive as them, the Grimm out there are vicious... a girl's gotta survive.

Oh, uh, why I'm bugging you, I'm, uh, part of a group that's trying to avenge Mistral I guess? Wait, has news of that gotten here? Uh... some real shady guys riding a whale blew it up with a bunch of Grimm and, uh, uh, there were lots of Grimm? Lots of explosions? There was a tree, and, and...

I'm not good with stories... But we could use more muscle, and guy hiring us is rich!"

-

Zaffre, what are you doing? You can't hire people! You shouldn't be here yourself!

Shut up, self! I, uh, panicked cause I was screwing up the story...

• Aura Grimm
    Xander Seong
    Mood: Relaxed / Intrigued
    Vale - S.S Sea Smoke

Sitting within the privacy of his room, Xander sat on the same sized bed that all other crew members shared in size as well within their rooms. His legs had been crossed while his head was lowered and eyes had been closed, his breathing was deep and slow as he centered himself to focus on his surroundings. While many of the others had trained themselves physically for the next possible upcoming battle, Xander trained himself mentally. In battle, simply brute forcing your way through would work a number of times, however, if your opponent was crafty or smarter than others, than the fight could quickly become one sided due to being caught off guard and outsmarted in multiple fashions. Because of this, Xander never solely focused onto just his physical training but that of his mental training as well.
    As he sat there, Yumi had been curled up in a small ball on the desk on the opposite side of the room, enjoying the warmth of the sun's rays on her while she slept soundly.
    During Xander's mental training, he would soon be able to take notice of the smallest changes within the room and even the two rooms beside him as well as the hall right outside his room and finally the sounds of the wind just outside his window. His training was to be able to isolate the sounds one at a time and focus onto specific ones when needed. Of course, this was much more difficult than simply saying it, at all times there was always some form of noise in the area, to be able to isolate a single sound and focus mainly onto that one noise was practically asking for the impossible.

As the large ship descended towards the docking bay of Vale, the sudden announcement over the ship's intercom by Roux Fard nearly caused Xander to fall out of bed as he jolted in place. Being caught off guard in the midst of his mental training in such a loud way was similar to having a heart attack. With him nearly fallen off the edge of the mattress, Xander made sure to catch himself before he had faceplanted himself into the carpet flooring. "By the gods...! He couldn't have given a warning sound or something?..." Whispering under his breath, meanwhile Yumi had woken from her slumber to the sound of the announcement while she stretched her front paws forward while arching her rear upwards from behind and upper body forward and down.

By the time Xander had been able fully stand up and witness his small companion stretching, he couldn't help himself but to chuckle as he scratched the back of her head. "Heh, glad you got a good sleep at least. Don't worry, another few more days and we can remove that cone from you. Until then, be good. Now, let's get going." With that said, Yumi hopped off the desk and proceeded to follow after Xander as the duo left the confines of their room and headed towards the exit ramp of the ship. On their way there, Xander took notice of how many of the crew that he normally saw wandering the halls were now rather absent, curious as to where they had been at this point, he paid no mind to it and simply continued on his way till he had reached the nearest elevator.
    Taking it down towards the first floor of the ship, by the time he had stepped out of the elevator, he was greeted with the sight of the first crew members had seen this entire morning. A man and woman had been standing at the large opening of the ship while the ship descended further downwards towards the docking bay where two other men on the dock were waving their arms inwards and in different directions to indicate how far in the ship should go or in whichever direction it should move to avoid damage to the dock or the ship itself.

In the midst of the process for docking the ship, the sound of the intercom going off once more and Roux Fard's voice once again filling the entirety of the ship had Xander's attention throughout the message until its end (Regard Roux's post). After listening to the statement, Xander took a glimpse down towards Yumi in concern for her safety before bending over and lifting her into his arms to carry her the rest of the way. Eventually, as the ship came to a complete halt and the docking bay's locks were set in place, the two crew members worked with those on the docking bay to set up the ramp to allow those on board to leave the ship whenever they wished.

Once the ship was locked in place and the ramp setup was completed, Xander immediately took the opportunity to take his leave off the ship just to take a glimpse at the large clock tower that was an indication was to where Beacon academy resided. The thought of whether Roux had the ability to convince Atlas to allow a bunch of strangers to visit the academy ruins and even do any investigation on its interiors almost felt like it would be too good to be true, but the very least Xander could do at the moment was put some trust in the man to some degree.
    Whatever the case was, he immediately began to head directly towards the academy from there.
    Code by Serobliss

Liliya stretched, pulling her cloak close around her as she made her way off the ship. The past day or so had been mostly uneventful after she made sure the Hochlander girl got a proper rest. While some of the other...guests of Mr. Fard had taken the opportunity to avail themselves of the training facilities, Liliya had refrained. She had fought enough in a lifetime to prepare for what lay ahead. And so she had contented herself with some more elementary exercise, alongside fletching a few more ordinary arrows from scrap metal, and honing the edge of Ageha's blade. Still some way off from a replacement, which was fortunate.

Frankly, the past several hours had frayed her nerves, somewhat. Seeing an Aura Grimm was rare, even if you knew what to look for. As it should be. She had spent the past years hunting for the ones who could no longer had any humanity left in them...and terminating them. So seeing a few of them here, amongst the populace was something that she couldn't help but worry about. After all, the last time she had been around so many of them was when...she was guarding the facilities. Watching them. Watching the things that were done to them. Choosing one of them at random and...testing them would be the most effective course of action to ensure the safety of everyone else. But more likely it would just provoke them further and confirm her own fears.

Perhaps some of them could in fact cope with it.

Or perhaps all of them would turn, inevitably. The fruits of past sin, none of which were their fault...

But for now, she could only wait. Like a hunter, perhaps. Or merely a helpless observer.

"Dasvidanya, Mr. Fard."
She nodded at the dandy man gesticulating by the exit ramp. "I hope we will have good news for each other, soon." Nothingness Nothingness

As she proceeded into the city of Vale, she idly fixed her clothing. At least she had gotten to dust off her cloak earlier.

Despite the sunshine beaming down on the paved streets, the mood of the city of Vale seemed muted, if not exactly somber. Had they heard about the devastation of Mistral through the CCT? Did they suspect that the new arrivals in town had something to do with it? Well, she figured that even if anyone got the wrong idea about the little entourage, they probably wouldn't try anything.

"Care for a flower, ma'am?" A small child reached out to Liliya as she passed by a store. "First one's free." The kid smiled up at her with a distinctly mischievous gleam.

Liliya looked down at the child, her luminous eyes peering through her bangs. A florist store, of course. And one on its last legs...a cursory glance showed that its current stock was still present and in a lively state, but there was a distinct lack of cuttings or seeds further back.

"Spasibo." Liliya muttered, taking the damp stock. It was an ordinary red rose, the verdant green stem firm and watery, but with the thorns carefully snipped off. She let the stem sit in one of the folds of her cloak, and in return she produced a 5-lien note, pressing it into the kid's hand. "First one's free." She echoed the line flatly as she turned to leave.

Did it feel good to do that?

...At any rate, she felt better doing it than she would have felt if she didn't, probably.

As she walked up the road to Beacon, a small stone rolled loose under her foot.

"Ugh!" A frustrated grunt escaped her lips as she steadied herself. Her Aura had returned, but her muscles were still raw from her exertions in the incident at Mistral. She almost wished she could find a bed and really sleep it off once this investigation was done...

[Open for interaction: Talathel Talathel or anyone else who wants to join in]

Taenya

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Idina Menzel

Love Power

Taenya heaved a heavy sigh as she headed for a ship that would bring her back to Beacon. Her tail wrapped once more around her waist as she brought out another bandanna, pinning her ears once more against her head to hide who she truly was. The huntress was tired, and her muscles ached, shoulders twinged, and she could feel the dried blood sticking against her skin with every movement she made. Her eyes drooped as she sat down and rested her head against the ship window. Her eyes closed as she allowed herself to rest for a bit. She heard the announcement say they had landed. She stretched, giving a painful wince as she exited the ship and headed down the pathway back towards her old school.

Many rumors had ended up spreading due to the faunus that had appeared during the commotion, and many could tell she was seasoned too. However, no one knew who she was. That is how Tae wanted to keep it. The lioness faunus noted a figure headed towards Beacon, and her soft voice echoed as she caught up to Liliya. "Hey! You're Liliya right? I'm glad you made it here safe. Are you headed to Beacon?" Her words were cautious as she maintained a steady pace, hiding the pain she felt on her shoulders with every step she took. She just wanted to return to her room and shower, get rid of the blood caked against her tanned skin. The slashes were hidden under a cloak she had donned to keep herself a bit more warm during travel.

Cordy's silence was broke by an unexpected guest. It was a person with very noticably blue hair, riding a mount that screamed a huntress. Only one of those people would bring a weapon like such. He took his attention off of her soon. There was no good reason to keep unnecessary attention on her. It wasn't like he knew her or anything. He instead hurried his way to look for a way to earn some extra change. Maybe helping fend off some small grimm problems at the docks may have some room for him. Or any dirty work in general, like dealing with a bucketload of waste someone threw over at the bar's backdoor. It wasn't what he signed up for when he was 18, but that's been far out the window for some time.

His imagination of doing all sorts of work for some extra cash was broken when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Instinctively reaching for the gun handle, he turned his head to face whoever decided to bother him. His left eye glinted against the sunlight as a flash of blue hit his sight. It was the one from before, on the bizarrely shaped motorcycle(he wasn't sure if it could be considered a ride to begin with). The grip on the gun loosened as she started talking. It remained on the gun still, as he slowly slid the hand off of his shoulder and turned around to fully face her.
"....I'm not good with news."

He said, and paused. She was inviting him to a party of strangers he's never seen. As much as he was dying for a good pay, he could imagine a few scenarios where this was some devious scheme to take his liver and kidneys. He preferred to keep them in his stomach. Bullet wounds, he survived. Missing organs, he wasn't willing to test his luck with. And so, he pulled out a quite dumb question.
"You got proof? Of your group?"
Very far from an ideal interrogation, he knew. But sometimes a bit of idiocy rewarded unexpected results, in a positive way.

Ganryu Ganryu

Yzebella Hawthrone
Interactions:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Right on cue, Itel arrived with the firey red dust in hand. Handing the material in a cartridge package. The girl's lips could not utter words as the cartridge is placed in her hands. Letting the adults speak, she could only look down at the red glowing symbol of fire in the cartridge side. It was not enough to refill her weapon but it was way much better than nothing.

"Wait! Come back! How much for--" Snapping back into the conversation as the hooded Huntsman turned his cape back away from the bridge. He was already out the door. "...Thank you..." That is all she whispered.

"But of course, my dear. Feel free to help any and all those who need it. There is no lack of help that this city is in need of. Surely, it will not be too difficult to find some information regarding something going on. Although if you would like any insight on anything major currently...I've read some new reports stating that there have been rumors about some illegal transportation of drugs, human and Faunus trafficking as well as black market dealings of military-grade dust. So, if you'd like...I'd suggest you start asking around the docks about these situations." Yzebella nods and thanked the eccentric businessman and went on her way to leave. "I'll make sure to tell everyone and investigate that too. Thank you."

The girl was later found on the upper decks walking from facility to facility. The announcement of aircraft touchdown blared in the speakers all around.

Passing by an open room she took steps back when the corner of her view caught something in the far right. Standing under the doorway, she had a decent distance view of a man, a horned Faunus to be specific. If her memory serves her correctly. "Um, Hello. You're from the Arena, right?" She would get no response from the man whose back turned to her. Going a few steps forward. She noticed the man is armored and huge. Definitely has been in combat for a while.

"I-i'm Yzebella, I was participating in the Arena too..." Stopping from there to prevent herself from elaborating further. "We've umm... Landed in Vale. Just now." The girl's grip on her boxed weapon tightens and her other hand taps softly against the newly given fire dust cartridge.

"I have word from Mr. Roux that we need to investigate here in Vale regarding the incident from Mistral and other things..." Trying to take comfort in the awkward silence she found herself in, she took a huge breath. "What I want to say is that-- I need your help. I-if its okay with you."

@ The airship docks.

As the airship landed, a crew of started to line up a gangway upwards to the ship. A slow mechanical whirl as it extended upwards to the SS Seasmoke to the ground, a "Krrck" heard as it set into place. Several of the port's crew walked up it to open the hatch and let the huntress's down. One of the men by the terminal rubbed his head. "Damnit. I know that ship..." He snapped his fingers, and a dozen Atlassean guards began to gather, just in case, lining up in a row down, guns to their sides to welcome everyone getting off.

Despite the show though, a quick flurry of papers would allow everyone off, and into the terminal. A bit of yelling about proper authorization of landing, but it did not involve any of the huntsmen and huntresses aboard. To the group hurrying to get to the clocktower, vehicles could be seen up ahead to escort them there.

However, in the port, a shadowey figure with a hood on his head could be seen poking his head out of another vessel, a cargo ship being offloaded. The moment a freighter turned his back, the figure darted down the gangway, hiding behind a column, then darting down a different hallway. He moved oddly, his body twitching and his back hunched over. As he snuck further away, his hand brushed downward, revealing itself inhuman. Large, blackened, with white protusions, it was Grimm.

As he tried darting down a hallway though, several pairs of hands shot out with a bag, briskly abducting him down a dark corridor with almost professional speed.

Not all was bright and sunny in Vale it seemed like. Hardly anyone even noticed from how brisk and quiet it was.

-------------------------

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan

Down by the boat docks, near the edge of the sea where Zaffre and Cordy were, the path around them was growing more and more sparce as workers cleared the way for the duo. One of the boats had a man with an eyepatch, scruffy goatee and walkie talkie leaning over the rail of the ship. The ship's name read "Halifax". It had a dingey appearance, with rust running down the sides, and barnacles beneath. He seemed to eye them with his only working one as he spoke. It seemed to glow red for a moment, then he relaxed, and gave further orders on the walkie talkie, seemingly intoning 'It's fine'.

Up the side of the ship, a worker, equally shadey with bandaged arms, and fingerless gloves groaned as he pushed a large crate with a dolly. Two boxes, taped to hell and back. As the breeze blew over their cover, the words 'CAUTION' could be read, warning signs that probably SHOULDN'T be covered up. Finally, as Sisyphus managed his boulder up Hades, and managed to get it on the ship, he sighed with relief, calling to the other Ruffian, laughing. He held up his hand to slap the box, and the eyepatched man panicked, suddenly screaming loud enough even the huntsmen on the docks could hear "YOU IDIOT!" as he dove behind cover.

A flash of light, and a loud "BOOM" echoed as an explosion rocked the docks, shaking water, and splashing waves as a shockwave engulfed the area, threatening to knock anyone down who was standing near by. Screams were deafened by the blast, the only sound coming being a terrible ringing as blackened debris rained down.

Smoke rose from shipyard, and a hole ran down the side of the ship. Dripping from the newly made hole was a black, tar like substance that spilled into the harbor, darkening the water black, and bubbling as it spread.

Gripping his head, the eyepatch man got to his feat, and yelled into the walkie talkie... only to realize it was busted, and throw it off the side. Running to the bridge, the ship started to come to life, and motors turned as it suddenly began to leave the shipyard with no orders, trying to flee the scene of the crime!

1671229363880.png
Buc Irons
Buc had thought he had found a nice quiet place to sit and meditate, one of the few things he picked up while on his many travels. It helped refocus the mind and center the body, plus it was a good time waster. Little did Buc realize, that while he sat in that quiet room, he was gently being lulled asleep by the soft warmth of the sun on him. And so, without a struggle, he drifted off to sleep. He was, however, gently coaxed back into the world of the awake.

"... the Arena, right?" Was what Buc heard as he fully came back, blinking the sleep from his eyes and resisting the strong urge to yawn and stretch his limbs. It was bad enough he had been snuck up on, it would be worse if this child had found him sleeping soundly. Slowly getting his feet, making sure each of his muscles stretched properly and he was steady on his feet before turning around, he looks at who had decided to talk to him, his ever present scowl finding the little girl that had proven herself capable in the Arena. "We've, umm... Landed in Vale. Just now."

"So it would seem." he mumbled to himself, looking out the window to the wider world. They had indeed landed in Vale, or so he assumed. There was no reason for him to not believe her. What's more, as she continued, there was something here that they needed to investigate. Well, he didn't have the slightest of clues on where to start. And so, when young Yzebella asked for his help, he figured 'Why not? What else am I going to do whilst I'm here. Sit around and rot on this ship?'

"And what help do you need, little one?" he asked, motioning towards the door for the both to walk and talk.
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Warning(s): N/A
Mentions:
Turic Yusif

Turic walked into a large room. Heavy metal doors blocked the entrance to it, but gave way with little effort. The locks and hinges looked almost new, but shared the same amount of dust and decay that the rest of the building did. The room was lit well, the hum of lights gave no wonder to the age of the bulbs. That though really didn't surprise Turic, it was that whatever remnants of civilization in the area decided this academy needed the power. If it was him, the area would be running on a as needed basis, but tot each their own. Wondering the many shelves and crate stacks aimlessly did nothing for Turic. There was no enemies, no vault, no real eye candy or anything worth even wasting the time for in this abandoned room. Trying to at least seem thorough, not sure if the last remaining orb could observe him for his contractor, Turic cracked open one of the closer crates.

Piercing his sword through the gap of the crate lid and crate wall, Turic pried open the lid. Staples and nails flew and Turic's sword groaned from the stress of the prying. The lid popped off and slid to the side of the crate, falling on the ground. The dust plumed up and covered the air for a second till it settled, giving clarity to Turic to see the loads of weaponry in the crate. Antiques, not rusted so much as they seemed old. Their handles and hilts all engraved with strange and dated markings, silver, steel, gold, iron, bronze, all of it lined the many different types of weapons just in the one crate. It was astonishing how expansive the inventory of the crate was. Some styles of swords he had never seen, and some he had only read about. From Khopeshes to a couple Estocs, many of them had ornate markings and specialty craftmanship. Turic almost cried from the variety. It was heavenly.

Looking to his current sword and back to the newly found ones, he had a choice. Antique, lively, and special, or sentimental, bloodied, and old. He knew his choice as soon as he listed his options and comparisons in his mind. Throwing down his sword, Turic pulled sword after sword and inspected them, finding one he wanted and liked. He truly wanted something nice, something beautiful, something perfect. He wanted the sword that resembled him in his mind. Cold, quick, perfected. His rebirth had led him on the path he is now and he is the better being because of it. The past formed him but he will form his future in the mind of a man cut from every lacking emotion, every heavy ideal, every torn down process. He was a new machine, a new man, a new being. Better in every way and he would find his cold steel to resemble that. And that he did. A Gladius, bestowed with wonderful markings and an ornate hilt and handle. The blade felt balanced in his hand, the gritty smell of steel filling his nostrils. He was now partnered by a reborn sword, given new life and appreciation.
Turic's New Blade.jpg

"This will do. A christened weapon, a beautiful soul entrapped in steel and wood. An extension of me and my soul. A new life, matched by new life. Can't believe someone would put you in a crate. Abandoned. Locked away after your beautiful creation. Me too. Me too sword."

Turic talked to sword, more self reflecting and reminiscing than truly seeing the sword as another person. He may be a sociopathic, narcisstic, god-complexed, mercenary who doesn't hold morals outside of what his contract has said, but he isn't delusional. At least. Taking one last superficial look at the place, Turic didn't find anything of interest or notoriety to warrant a deeper search. He left the room and wandered his way through some confusing halls till he found a nicely placard' "Staff Lounge". Turic joked with himself surely expecting fresh donuts and coffee with plenty of professors and assistants in the room. As he opened the door, he found the same condition as the rest of the grand academy. Abandoned. Old. Dusty and dingy. It held no specialty to him and gave little encouragement for it to be hiding a vault, but hey. Who knows. Maybe there is a secret door around here somewhere.

~Zaffre Triskaideka ~

Zaffre seemed to instantly panic at the question.

"Proof, yeah, uh proof, I, uh, I..."

Uuuuuuuh....

Brain down! Brain down!

Before her panic could cresendo, however, Zaffre was saved by a bigger problem... knocking her on her ass as an explosion blew her to the ground. Her ears rang, and a familar numbness rocked her body. Her aura flickered blue around her body as it absorbed the most of it. Sadly, aura couldn't protect things like her ears, or the shaking affects of the vibrations. It took her several moments before she regained enough senses to get back up. Trained like an acrobat, she kicked herself to her feet, crouching low as she scanned back and forth like a mad woman. She saw the damaged ship starting to take off, and the black fluid dripping down the side.

Her mind instantly fell back to Mistral, and the Grimm that spawned out of the fluid there. This wasn't good! The only huntress she knew of was herself! And huntsman, this stranger she'd just met! A blast like that surely would have taken out any nearby Atlassean drones too. That left it up to her.

Zaffre shouted, but then realized she couldn't hear anything but ringing still. Grabbing Cordies sleeve, she pointed the black murky oil like fluid, and pulled out her own guns, pointing and pantomining 'shoot it'. Granted, Zaffre's guns were mounted to two large wheel weapons, but pointing and turning off safety was fairly universal!

She tried again, mouthing 'Grimm incoming' to him. If he wanted proof, this was as good as she could give!

But you're not a huntress though...

Close enough!

In the water below, several small pirahna grimm started to form, launching themselves at the docks, aiming for dock workers, and anyone else they could find, though the explosion had scared off most. Several leapt at Cordy from all angles, and Zaffre as well.

Zaffre shouted, though probably still hopeleslly "Aren't Pirahna's freshwater!?"

The center of the ooze started to converge.

Yzebella Hawthrone
Interaction: Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Carcass.png
The girl's face had a hint of a perplexed expression, followed up with a deep exhale as both left the room.

"Days back in the Arena, sir. There was a huge Grimm invasion that caused the fall of the Amity Colosseum. You've seen it, haven't you?" She looked into the groggy eyes of the man.

"An invasion like that is impossible for Grimm like that to just show up. In the sky of all places! Some of them do not have wings! Something lured them there." Looking down at the dark new boots on her feet. "And I know it isn't us... The media doesn't know a clue that we fought the Grimm and helped the people there!" Her voice slowly rose in volume, her fist clenched tightly to her boxed-form weapon. "Mr. Roux announced not too long ago that a huge Grimm flew from Mistral to here in Vale looking for something. There is no way a thing that huge fly all across the sea to here without a reason. We need to look for it and kill it. We can't just let it fly free after what just happened!" It didn't take for the anger in her voice to growl for her.

"Please sir, we need to find what it's after! Mr. Roux mentioned it was last seen near ahead in... Beacon... The Academy of Huntsmen and Huntresses..." The girl fell into silence at the name of a familiar academy. "You're a Huntsman, are you?" She tried to speak less solemnly in vain. The young maiden walked ahead, just letting the man speak or very well at least bask in the quiet air she made for herself.

"Excuse me for a second." Yzebella stopped in front of a steel door. Slowly walking in front of it with curious eyes and hand slowly reaching towards the handle. Her head peeks through before opening it ajar. Quickly entering the room reeking of oil, sweat, and metal.

"Asher. You're Asher, right?" The girl tilts her head. The huge Faunus has his back turned to her, and could barely see what is the main task they are performing. "It's me, Yzebella. I need your help..." She looks back to the armored man behind. "And this is..." Letting the bearded Huntsman introduce himself.

"Mr. Roux instructed us to investigate Beacon Academy. The Monsterous Grimm back in Mistral is looking for something here in Vale. What happened back in Amity Colosseum was no ordinary Grimm invasion. It was lead by something here. If Mr. Roux's tracking is true then hopefully finding something that could help us with--" An abrupt sound stopped her words. It was rather loud. "W-what was that?" Looking at both hulking figures with a concerned gaze. It didn't sound like it was part of the ship.

"I umm... Can you help me with this?" She presents forth a scratched-up dark green metal box in her hand and on the other are two Fire dust cartridges. Upon taking the item it can be transformed into a typical industrial chainsaw design. "I will promise to pay you later..."

Request: Reload Yzebella's Weapon
Weapon: Chainsaw/Flamethrower Hybrid
Dust Compatibility: Fire Dust only

Note: The provided cartridge is the wrong size and will have to be manually poured into the canister on the underside of the weapon.

Other faulty weapon observations
  • Some of the chainsaw's Cutting chain teeth are chipped and jagged [May have to replace the whole cutting chain]
  • Flimsy right transforming door [Lost a screw]
  • The overall main body plating is scratched and dented [Needs new body replacement and welded]
  • Sticky Flamethrower trigger [No effect for recent combat but may pose a problem in the future]
  • Main Fire Dust canister has an indent bump that goes inwards [Obvious sign that it has been dropped a lot that interior has been damaged as well]
  • There is small coin-sized debris in the chainsaw motor. [Causing an irritating grazing noise, most likely a piece of hard rock stuck inside.]

An explosion happened. Cordy jerked himself toward the source of the sudden happening, right hand darting for his weapon's handle and the left going for the air on his left hip. Muscle memory sometimes reminded him of the things he lost. Gravedigger, however, wasn't lost. It was in his hand, the buzzsaw hidden between the barrels whirring a low growl as he took aim at the flames and dust. Carnage of shadowy creatures helped calm down his once rejuvinated nerves, and this seemed like the time.

Or so he thought, as he looked at a ship flee. His eyes were turned away from the scene for most of it to understand the whole context, and decided to trust his guts. According to the quick analysis of his guts, the fleeing ship was suspicious. Whatever it left behind too, at that. But alas, one man could do so much to chase after a speeding ship. Cordy remained on his spot, trying to assess the situation as he lowered his gun. The buzzsaw slowly came to a stop as his finger left the trigger.
"You seeing that?"
Cordy muttered, expecting the blue haired individual to be listening next to him. As a resident suspect, his best move was to stay put, wait until it feels like he can move around and investigate freely without being arrested immediately. His gun was aiming the dirt, but he was ready to pull it back up whenever needed. Besides, the barrel of the gun wasn't the only threat his weapon had. Namely the buzzsaw, and a bit more.

He realized that his nerves haven't been functioning properly. His body started to function properly, feeling a tug on his sleeve. And the grimm that started to approach. The black puddle was spawning them. The world still had more surprises for him, it seemed. Was he having a brainrot?
"..."
A cling sounded, audible just enough for Zaffre and Cordy, as the lock of the buzzsaw was released. As the spinning wheel of doom spun and fell downward from gravity, Cordy's arm drew a cresent arc upwards. His finger was back on the trigger.
The weapon fired as soon as its barrels were staring dead at a grimm within range, the recoil knocking it further upward-albeit putting him a bit off of course. But the delivery was good enough. With a firing sound of a heart-rocking "BOOM", two high caliber rounds flew at an unfortunate piranha grimm.
A pleasant pressure tugged onto Cordy's right arm as the buzzsaw followed the arc in a bloodthirsty cresent around him and Zaffre, spinning its bladed body attached on a sword whip(whose bladed edges started to protrude with the swing). Whatever that did not take the bullets were sure to get caught in the buzzsaw's range.

Ganryu Ganryu

"Ah...!" A gasp involuntarily escaped Liliya's lips as she was greeted by the bushy-haired woman who had fought back against the Grimm invasion of Mistral. The one who had quite boldly been one of the first to throw herself into the fray and help out the civilians. Quite a few lives that still lived today were thanks to her. Quite unfortunately, it appeared they had separated in the chaos. That leopard faunus had turned up on Mr. Fard's ship, but this woman had not. She was clearly tired and nursing wounds, so to have made the same trip in likely the same time spoke to a certain sense of urgency. How did she know? Or more pertinent, what did she know?

Liliya had spent a long time jumping at shadows, with or without the hood on. If she stayed on task, she'd get a little closer to her goals instead of getting stuck in her own head again. "Good to see you again...Nya." She gave a nod that seemed to be just as much a gesture of acknowledgement as part of the natural urge to keep her head down. "Please, do not push yourself if you are injured. But if you choose to follow...then yes. My investigation into the...perpetrator of the prior incident has brought me to Beacon Tower. I do not like chasing such sparse leads, but...who will?" She shrugged.

As if cuing them on, an explosion rang out in the distance, little more than a firework from where they were standing. But the large plume of smoke and ensuing commotion down at the marine port made it clear that whatever had just happened was neither intentional (at least on the part of the civilians) nor safe. Was it a terrible coincidence? Was it an intentional diversion on Mr. Fard's part to allow at least a few of them to infiltrate Beacon unnoticed while Atlesian forces were distracted? He would be a more callous man than he seemed, if that was the case. Or was this a diversion (or threat) created by their quarry? "If you keep chasing, more people will die", in so many words. People were dying either way, what could stop them?

"Come if you will." Liliya broke into a sprint, hastening towards Beacon Tower instead of the site of the explosion. Talathel Talathel

The land approach towards Beacon was uneventful, whether or not Nya followed. Some of the...occupiers may have flown off on airships in order to investigate the disturbance down at the marine port, though they were both reasonable and well-equipped enough not to let one of their main objectives remain unguarded. The entrance to Beacon Tower still wasn't a place that one could walk right into.

Liliya sat perched in one of the taller trees on the grounds, scanning the area slowly. Little had changed for the rank and file of Atlas since she had wore their colors. Human infantry on the walls, all the more easier to evade thanks to their heavy helmets limiting peripheral vision. Not great for focusing on anything other than what was already in front of them. Individual patrols which were not as vulnerable as they seemed, thanks to their gear monitoring their vital signs and weapon discharges, likely being coordinated by a dispatcher somewhere on site. Incapacitating any one of them would cause an alert and investigation, unless one had the semblance or technical expertise that could deceive the system. If only they were still around...

The grounds were mostly patrolled by human-sized mechs and little floating drones. Their signals were easier to spoof: someone with even a scroll could if they had the proper knowledge of Atlesian comms protocols. Even as the years passed, it was likely there wasn't much different under the hood. Still...better to leave no room for error.

She would wait a moment more, then move.

• Aura Grimm
    Xander Seong
    Mood: Intrigued / Confused
    Vale - City Streets -> Beacon Academy
    After fully exiting the ship and proceeding to head towards the academy ruins, Xander had kept his small companion, Yumi in his arms throughout the entirety of the walk. During his progress as he made his way ever closer towards the large tower in the distance, Xander had taken notice of his surroundings, the people of Vale all looked as though they were living perfectly normal lives even without the Huntsmen and Huntresses. The looming thought of how Grimm were right outside the city limits at all times roaming around and how they could attack the city at any point with nothing more than Atlas troops to protect them seemed to be fine to the public. This had Xander's mind wandering, questioning whether or not the need for Hunters and Huntresses were actually still needed in the world if the public was as comfortable as they were like this.

With his mind buzzing all around, Xander's attention was immediately distracted, causing his forward progress to be halted as he bumped into a cart full of cabbages causing it to spill over and roll across the floor. The owner of the cart had been in the middle of a sale during the time so was unaware until the sound of the ruckus had caused him to turn back around and gasp in utter shock and disbelief. "M-my cabbages!" As the heads of cabbages rolled along the paved streets, Xander stood there with reddened cheeks as he watched the shop owner chase after his product, picking one up after another. "O-oops..." Whispering under his breath, Yumi stared at the shop owner while still resting in her owner's arms comfortably.
    By the time a large majority of the products had been picked up by the man, he had turned around only to end up pointing his index finger at Xander with a rather angered expression across his face. "You! You're going to pay for all my lost cabbages! N-now no one is going to buy any of them because they're all dirty!" Shouting as the man marched back towards Xander.

Knowing well enough that his current amount of Lien was not going to be able to afford paying off that quantity of vegetables, Xander immediately turned his back to the shop owner before going off on a full-on sprint down the road. Heading purposefully into large crowds of citizens in hopes that the shop owner would lose sight of him.
    Luckily, with his muscle memory of that being a Hunter as well as his Faunus traits, he was easily able to escape from the man before once again continuing on his way towards his destination.

Meanwhile as Xander made his way through the city, high above one of the nearby buildings resided two hooded figures who eyed him as he walked. One of the two had been sitting on the edge of the building while the other stood behind their partner. "So? What're we going to do?..." The seated one spoke up in a feminine tone while the other remained silent only to begin heading for the next rooftop building to keep track of Xander the entire time. "Tsk. Jeez, you could at least say something." As the young feminine voice spoke up, she helped herself up from her seated position simply to follow after her partner while keeping an eye on their target.

Soon enough, after several minutes of walking, eventually Xander arrived at his destination, the entrance to Beacon Academy's campus. Unlike what he expected to see which would've just been an arch that would simply lead into the campus grounds, he came to find a large metallic wall that extended far along the sides of the campus while two Atlesian guards standing at the entrance, both dressed in heavy armor from head to toe while carrying rifles. As Xander approached the entrance, the guards were quick to raise their rifles to point towards the approaching male. "Halt! This place is off limits. Turn back now citizen, least we must use force." One of the two male guards spoke up causing Xander to immediately stop before lowering Yumi down to the floor just so that he could raise his arms to reveal that he would not lay hands on his weapon by his hip. "Wait, wait. Don't shoot. I believe...I have clearance from a man named Roux Fard to enter for an internal investigation?" With his attempts of explaining the situation, Xander could only assume that Roux was successful in his attempts to even allow the group to gain access to the academy by some means.

The two guards however would only end up looking towards one another as though looking for confirmation before returning their attention towards Xander once again. "We have heard no word from our superior about allowing anyone onto the campus grounds. Now, leave." Yet again, the guard turned him away. Although, before Xander could turn his back towards the academy in defeat, the two hooded figures that had been watching and following him the entire time had suddenly descended from their perched rooftops simply to land upon the two guards, knocking both the guards unconscious before they had taken their attention back towards Xander. "Get going traitor." This time, rather than it be the female voice to speak up, it was her partner who spoke up only to find that it was a male. "Who are you? And what about the cameras?" Questioning the two who had helped him, the unknown individuals immediately lowered their hoods soon after only to reveal a familiar mask that nearly caused Xander to take several steps back.

Even without speaking a single word, by the time the two individuals had removed their cloaks, the insignia on the backs of their clothing confirmed it to anyone who saw them. The White Fang. The female had a pair of cat-like ears while the male had strange scale-like skin and to anyone's eyes, it was clear enough that the two were also Faunus. Without so much as another word shared between the trio, the two members of the White Fang began to undo the armor from the unconscious guards while putting it on soon after. "Attention troops. This is soldier AX0582 over by the southwest entrance. We've got two individuals coming through. They're all clear to pass through the academy, got a pass with a stamp and signature from a politician. Over." As the disguised Faunus male spoke over the radio built into the helmet of the armor, he was able to get confirmation from the rest of those within the campus grounds as well as interior of the academy. After which, he simply pointed towards the entrance as a way to tell him to keep moving. "Don't worry about your 'friends'. If any of them show up, we'll make sure they can enter too. Just get going ya traitor. The boss says we need to help you this one time, as much as I hate to." As their conversation ended their, Xander took the chance just to head directly onto the campus without so much as making eye contact with either of the two past co-workers.

➤ 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩 / 𝘿𝙤 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝
    [/comment]
    Code by Serobliss

Taenya

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Idina Menzel

Love Power

Tae huffed delicately as she studied Liliya, her tail tip flicked uneasily back and forth before wrapping around her waist like a fluffy belt. Her ears pinned back as she gently tied another bandanna over her bushy hair. The icy orbs followed the other girl as she headed toward her campus. The shimmering wall made Taenya sick, but she wouldn't leave her home ever. She had taught there. Beacon was her home. And she would not rest until she saw it safe and the rest of the students as well. Her shoulder throbbed painfully with every movement, but she had bandages back in her room. She would slip into her home and room, get her stuff, and tend to her wounds.

The lioness faunus made her way after Liliya easily, her loping gait obvious as her attention focused on her home. As she noted three beings in front of the entrance to the campus, Nya skidded to a stop and dove for the shadows. Her piercing blue gaze studied the two newcomers before she caught sight of the masks and symbol of White Fang. Her teeth bared into a snarl, ivory fangs glinting sharply as a low rumble echoed in her chest. Her fur on her tail and ears stood straight up, bristling with agitation. She noted Xander before the duo for a hot second before focusing on the immediate threat. She carefully stuck to the shadows, making her way to the entrance, flashing her teacher's ID to a mechanical droid before easily finding her own room and silently making her way.

Last edited:
Emile Anansei Forrest
CF13C568-C410-4C96-99B0-E190FDE11B01.jpeg

Mood: Slightly agitated
Interactions: White Fang members
Mentions:
RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Ganryu Ganryu

The trip to Vale was a long and egregious one. Unlike most people who had the luxury of riding a Bullhead, Emile had to go on many different ships and boats to get here. With the rumors of the White Fang being stationed here, he felt like he had no choice but to come Vale. Once he exited the boat he checked his supplies in his bag. “Ammo, Check. Dust, check. Apples, check.” He closed his bag and put on his cloak. He checked his lien within his pocket. Only a few pieces were in there. He sighed. “That’s the last time I ever get on a boat legally.”

As he started to eat an apple, a sudden explosion at the docks where he once was knocked him down on the floor. He got up to see black smoke from where he once was. He set aside his stuff and ran to the scene. He didn’t want to make any assumptions, but it might be something related to the White Fang. “Guess I’m pointed to the right direction…” Emile thought as he began loading his weapon.

As Emile arrived at the docks, he noticed a few people fighting off the fish-esque Grimm that were attacking. He was kind of disappointed that it wasn’t the White fang, but he couldn’t just stand there. He took out his weapon and held the scabbard like a gun while the sword was still in there. He loaded some ammo and dust and started firing at the the Grimm. He turned to a blue haired girl and a green cowboy fighting off the monstrous fish.
“You guys need any help?” He said with somewhat nervous smile. “Hopefully these hunters are friendly. I don’t want to get in trouble.”

1662681763167.png

Asher Cobalt
interaction: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Asher was disassembling his blade gun components wearing a somewhat right shirt? Maybe? Hard to tell what it was but it was a slightly rubbery-looking material, the room was unusually cool Asher’s body absorbing the heat from the room making it pleasantly cool, he’d spin around d to the source of a voice asking about his name flashing a cheerful smile toward the person that had poked their head in. “Yup that would be me miss. Go ahead and ask“ he’d say in a calm tone leaning back on the bench behind him. “Un I understand well I should really help out with that too thanks for telling me“ he’d smile and nod softly bending down to take the box offered to him and look it over he was pleasantly surprised by the design certain one of the more interesting things he’d encountered recently. “No need to pay for it this weapon certainly needs some love, you've got mismatched cartridges, chains gonna need replacing too.. probably gonna need to take the thing apart if the teeth are damaged like that means its been chewing on rocks so the motor might be damaged or their debris stuck inside it" asher muses to himself before shaking his head "sorry about that got a little too into my thoughts but i can take it appart and give it a look over now if you'd like won't be too difficult miss Yzebella"

The Docks Incident

"BOOM" One of the pirahna lunging at Cordy exploded into a mist of black goo, and shrapnel of teeth, several still flying at him even with the Grimm dead. The roar of a buzz saw cut down an equal number with similar results, though at an angle the teeth were less of an issue. As one fish started to surface, a separate blast burst it into pieces, the shotgun blast of Emile's scabbard blade pelting the water, and leaving behind a dissipating black mist. Shrapnel flew all across the docks with each downed piranha, their teeth acting as frag grenades as each one was taken out. None of them seemed particularly powerful, but in a group, they were quickly becoming a blizzard of pain.

Zaffre dove under Cordy's saw, mid roll lifting her wheels upwards, guns attached firing with the lowest caliber there, but unloading an entire clip into it.. -click-click-ratatatatata- The fish above her exploded, teeth scraping across her skin, a blue aura visible. Zaffre flinched, but as she saw one diving for a freighter near a small boat, she kicked one of her wheels at it. The fish dove through the middle, before she pressed a button, the spikes on the outside of the wheel suddenly contracting inward with a slicing sound before spinning; a flying guillotine. As it exploded, the freighter groaned in pain as several pieces of shrapnel dug into him, but it was better than losing his whole head to the Grimm.

She then turned to the other two huntsmen. "Yes, we need help. Oooh, is that a hybrid scabbard gun hybr- sorry, nevermind. I'm Zaffre, and this is Cordy. That ship is still leaking that spawning fluid, we could be doing this all day. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but we need to stop it. Can you two board the ship? It had some explosives earlier. Maybe some are left, and if you throw them into the black fluid, it will solve our issues. I'm, uh, normally more pro-law abiding citizen, but if that ship is harboring Grimm, it needs to sink." {{OOC: Char dipping for GM to run mission}}

She then turned at the injured freighter near a small boat. "Can they take your ship?!" He just stared blankly, then winced and nodded.

Zaffre paused, and grimaced. "I, uh, can get the Grimm's attention. Keep them dockside and not spreading to the rest of the town. You, uh, might... wanna stand back." She paused for a minute, and her aura became visible, shifting colors from blue to red. Zaffre hated her semblance, and generally tried to keep it a secret, but if there was ever a time.

A feeling of dread, of hatred, of fear crept out from the rather small and strange girl, the red aura flashing on and off as pulses of negativity got worse. The Pirahna around suddenly stopped their mad dives, and started to turn towards Zaffre, ignoring other civilians and vessels, though the flying teeth were still like a hailstorm of bullets, peppering nearby boats, but they were indiscriminate, and not aiming at people individually.

Semblance: Beacon
Zaffre can condense negative emotion and emit as a beacon, attracting Grimm in the area to her with a red pulse of light.

Zaffre for her part was ducking and weaving between dives, trying her best to dodge, though her aura flickered again and again as she got grazed, or as a flying tooth smacked into her.

Across the water, more and more Pirahna spawned, the blizzard of fangs continuing every time one popped, and in the distance, the ship leaking Grimm Spawning Fluid continued to sail away, still leaking fluid, still summoning Grimm. On the bridge of the ship, a man was could barely be made out, with shaggy hair, an eyepatch, and dragging a cigarette while he lazily waved a single pistol in one hand.

Despite the chaos, the hole in his ship, the Grimm, the blown apart crew member who had caused the accident, he looked bored, not even glancing at the docks, but at the sky with his one good eye.

Exploding grimm were not a good news. Exploding teeth were also not a good news. At least the grimm themselves were easy to dispatch. As Cordy spun the rifle around to cock it, He felt a rough recoil on his arm as the buzzsaw rapidly retreated back between the barrels. His weapon wasn't fit for dealing with such horde, Not with plenty of dust to do the job with. But that was partially his fault of not preparing more diverse rounds-but ammunition was starting to get expensive for strangers like himself. He needed a better idea.
Glancing at the newly joined fighter, Cordy assessed the situation. Three people, and a pool of seemingly nearly unlimited grimm with explosive consequences. He wasn't capable of thinking of a viable plan, so him alone was a lost cause in this case.

Luckily for him, the girl who introduced herself as Zaffre came up with a plan, albeit a risky one as he glanced at her and then back at him. Maybe she could need some help.
"Be careful."
Cordy decided to trust this stranger that he had just met. If what she pulled out wasn't just a foolish pyramid scheme to have him send her his life savings, then it was worth giving her some trust. Her orders were simple- get on the ship, blow up the puddle of grimm, and apprehend the leaky faucet. It all sounded so simple in words, harder when actually done. Cordy held his rifle with both hands to rapidly fire at the approaching fish grimm as he made his way to the ship that Zaffre had borrowed as an improvisasion. Each shot left two empty cases fall out of the gun, leaving a twin trail on the ground and a handful of blasted grimm that left fistfuls of exploding teeth.

Cordy jumped onto the ship, rolling forward to absorb the impact, and landing on one knee as he grabbed for the bullets on his hip pouch to load onto his gun. He glanced at the culprit on the run, measuring the distance between him and them. Though he was not talented in measuring distance from sight, he could see that it was... pretty far.
"You think we can catch up?"
He asked the man on the ship.

Ganryu Ganryu JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

1671921401469.png
Buc Irons
"I was" Buc said stiffly, remembering the fall of Beacon. Now that she was talking about it, there were similarities between the attack on Amity and Beacon. But what did he care about another attack on an Academy? This one, at least, was abandoned. And the people had made it abundantly clear that they didn't want Huntsman and Huntresses around, much less their help. But he had to help, he knew he had to, that annoyingly persistent and nagging voice called a conscience wouldn't let him sleep until he did. So, resisting the strong urge to slam the door shut behind him, he followed after the much younger girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The room of Asher was about what he had expected someone who knew how to make Huntsman weapons would look. A neat little mess, with everything having it's place scattered somewhere along the walls or across the floor, the portable forge not even heating up the room, much to the surprise of Buc.

"Buc" was all he said in the way of introducing himself. He did, however, unsling his great sword and give it a once over. If he was here, he might as well have the old thing looked at. There were a few problems with it that he could identify. The damn thing took more Dust than was needed, a stuck valve he figured but without the proper tools he couldn't take it apart to get a good look. The blade kept it's razor edge, though there were a few dings here and there that he was having trouble getting out. All in all, it was in much better shape than the battered piece of equipment Yzebella was lugging around.

He turned his head in the direction of the sudden noise outside. "I don't know." Was all he said before he looked between the two and his sword. Taking it out of it's massive scabbard, he lays the scabbard on a nearby table. "Stuck Dust valve," he stated simply before leaving to go investigate. When he reached a window, he peered out it as best he could. He couldn't make head nor tail of what was wrong, let alone what was going on.

174423B7-5D64-4C1B-A25E-A9F45491AA71.jpeg Itel Lazuli
Interactions: Nothingness Nothingness (open)

Ah Beacon” Itel mumbled as he exited the brush and was immediately greeted by two armored soldiers who appeared to both be Faunus . He cleared his throat “well hello there” he waved while putting on fake smile as the two drew their weapons. “Woah woah woah, let’s not be hasty” he chuckled slowly reaching down to his thigh but out the corner of his eye he saw a head of white hair and a familiar feline enter the academy and Itel immediately pointed to the entrance “I’m with them, Mr.Roux sent me?” He said still fake smiling which prompted the guards to exchange glances before signing “fine whatever” one of them spoke before holstering his weapon “head inside, try not to make any detours” the man said with a huff before pointing in the direction of the entrance and walked off with his partner who still had her weapon drawn as if she would fire at Itel just for breathing wrong. Itel rolled his eyes at her and turned on his heels, heading for the entrance and ignoring the other guards.

A wave of nostalgia practically smacked him in the face as he walked the halls of his youth. He sighed, rubbing his hand along the wall, smiling at the pictures still hung amongst the long hallway before stopping at a specific picture. His mother was the first to catch his eyes “Cyana Draken, leader of team COPR (copper)” he read the nameplate and glanced to the one next to it “Oceanus Lazuli” he read with a sigh, wiping the dust from the picture. He walked further down until he came upon his brother’s picture “Nyte Lazuli, member of team CTRN (Citron)” he smiled seeing his brother laughing with his teammates and fellow hunters. Walking a little further down he came upon his year and instantly frowned “Itel Lazuli, Leader of team IVRY” he read the caption sighing deeply whilst looking at the picture of his team.

Nothing you can do about it now Itel, let’s just get some work done” he pumped himself up, slapping himself in the face with both hands to refocus his attention. he walked down the hallway, glaring at some of the guards who had their weapon drawn as if they would attack him at any moment “yea you want no parts of this” he said more to himself as he rolled his eyes. The guard growled deeply marched towards him whilst Itel simply stood in place, a bored look drawn across his golden eyes. “Listen pipsqueak” the large man started, causing Itel to take a slight step back “I’d rather not, your breath is horrid” Itel responded, something about being in beacon was bringing his old self out and it was starting to seem like it would get him in trouble. The man shook with anger and reached for the sword on his back “woah woah take it easy man” another guard stepped in between the two just as Itel flicked his cloak back and reached down to his thigh “I was trying to” Itel mumbled and stared the man down as if daring him to try it. “Let’s just take a breath and calm down” the second guard spoke calmly, pushing the bigger guard back. Itel sighed and flipped his cloak back down, hiding his weapons. “listen, Mr.Roux Fard sent me here along with some other..individuals” he paused for a second, watching the man put his sword back in its sheathe before stepping backwards. The slender man nodded “head down this corridor, there was a faunus that just passed through here.” The man said, pointing down the hallway. “Thanks” Itel spoke, peering over to the larger man “ignore him, he doesn’t like hunters and with how long you were staring at those pictures I would assume you went to school here” the man finished talking which caused Itel to raise an eyebrow “you assumed I was a hunter just because I looked at some pictures?” Itel chuckled and shook his head “seems like you guards never change” he shrugged before nodding towards the man “you’re right though, I didn’t attend this school at one point.” He sighed and shook his head again “could’ve been a legendary hunter and a great teacher.” He stopped and looked at the pair with a dull look in his golden eyes “obviously that’s not the case is it” he spoke in that monotone voice that he had become accustomed to using before turning and making his way down the hall, ignoring the heat on the back of his neck from the men staring him down.

Itel walked down the hall, ignoring the stares from the soldiers as muscle memory led him down the path. He flinched slightly as Nox flew into the building and landed on his shoulder with virtually no sound “ah well if it isn’t the ninja bird, finally decided to grace me with your presence?” Itel joked, scratching the birds head. Nox leaned into the scratch and gave an agreeing chirp. Itel turned and was greeted with a head of white hair infront of him “what was his name?” Itel questioned while scratching his head as if Nox could answer him “Xander!” He all but shouted, remembering the man’s name “I know you can’t talk but pretending you do helps me think” he said to Nox and gave him a small scratch on his head before noticing the cat “and Yumi” he looked down to the cat and Nox immediately sulked into Itel’s neck, his natrual instincts kicking in. “don’t remember if we’ve officially met, I’m Itel” Itel looked the man over and then his eyes peered to Yumi “I’m sure you remember me” he said to Yumi with a slight cringe on his face.

So do you have any idea what we are doing here? This place doesn’t look like a super secret evil lair to me” Itel huffed and looked at the paintings on the wall of previous headmasters “doesn’t even feel like a school anymore to be honest” he said looking at the portraits, a regretful tone drawn across his normally monotone voice.

Warning(s): N/A
Mentions: Nothingness Nothingness (for villain reaction to info and guard upset)
Turic Yusif

Nothing. Not a single soul, stale donut, empty cup, or dust bunny. The staff lounge was as dead and empty as he expected. No secret bookshelf door, potted plant lever or pressure plate hatch. It all was just a normal room. Disappointing. Upsetting even. It made no sense. This vault, something you could hide in any place anywhere in this academy had not been in any reasonable spot. There was nowhere for this vault to be. Surely it had to be bigger than. Its own building. Its own constructing. But there was nothing like that on the floor plan. Maybe the blueprints of the building? It had to be there.

Turic took to thinking about where the blueprints would be. They weren't in the library, he already checked, but maybe they were in the headmasters office? The head proprietor had to have the blueprints of the campus structure. With his hopes held high for the discovery of the blueprints, he moved on to his, hopefully last, target. The halls were once again echoed with Turic's steps as he made his way directly to the headmaster's office. Many doors stood open and stained with blood from Turic's victims. It was eerily quiet in the academy. Surely guards had to notice the dead bodied and many pools of blood, Turic was sure of that. He knew they would come after him soon here, but he only wanted to find the vault before then. The contract complete. The lien in hand. The upgrades to his new not-so humble abode. Maybe a new ship for his captain. There were so many things to do. To buy. To experience. All of it was within his grasps now as he opened the door to the headmaster's office.
It seemed just the same as any of the previous offices. Lined with bookcases and dressers, an ornate and beautifully crafted window and window trim being the backdrop behind a thick birch desk and black velvet chair.

1672027993984.png
Turic walked over to the bookcases, going section by section trying to find a folder or collection or case or something to maybe trip a secret door. Nothing. After a small pile of books had began to start forming on the wooden floor, Turic moved on from the bookcases and went to the desk. There were old papers, a few empty folders, and a few expensive looking pens. As he continued to search, he finally found a small group of papers and blueprints paperclipped together, a sticky note on top reading 'Do Not Lose. Redesign Due Soon.' The sticky note meant nothing to Turic, but was a funny perspective inducing piece that had him imagining what was planned before the academy was abandoned. As he looked through the blueprints, he investigated each bit and piece of paper. None of them gave any clue as to where the vault was. Not even a mention of anything like that in the building directions for a redesign. Was he put on a wild goose chase? Would he still get paid even if this thing didn't exist? He really didn't believe there was a vault at this point and began leaving the room when he felt a sudden thud and hit to the ground. The wind was knocked out of him and the dust of the room the only thing he noticed as he laid face up to the ceiling coughing and trying to see what or who knocked him over. Focusing his attention to a figure, his vision cleared and a man in a deep cream white armor stood above him with a sword pointed towards his fleshy neck and jugular.

The gleam of the sword struck out against the dimmed room as its holder knelt down beside Turic and began speaking with a clear, clean, crisp voice
"Please don't move. I want to drag out every second of pain I am about to inflict on you. I want to watch you dry out as you bleed like you did to all my comrades before. You will pay you merciless be-"

The speech was cut short by Turic as he grabbed the wrist of the armored assailant and pushed him off kilter, pushing him to the ground and pinning him as he pummeled into the helmet of the armored man. Bang, Crack, Clash, Boom. The clash of hard steel and grunts of the two filled the room as the two fought. Dust and metal shavings flew as Turic and his enemy went back and forth. The two fought, many punches thrown and Turic almost ending up an asphyxiation victim when his opponent pinned him against one of the many bookcases. As he slipped away from the grip of man, Turic grabbed the gorget of the man and threw him over the table, many ornaments and papers swept away and a loud crash heard as the armored man hit the ground, a curious gold plated griffin statue stood clocked back after the armored assailant pushed up against in his forced tumble but caught no eyes from the duo. The man reached for his sword as Turic drew his over the head of the assailant. Turic pressed his weight onto the back of the man and removed his helmet, revealing a bloody, cut, bruised, and beaten man beneath. His hair was red like strawberries and his skin browned like a roasted marshmallow. He was huffing as he tried to catch a breath that was quickly getting away from him. He was dying and his killer stood above him, ready to cut his head in two. Knowing this, he talked, breathlessly and slowly.

"Heh. You know, you really are something. A disappointment. A monster. A beast. A husk. But I will not yield to such a disgusting creation. Go ahead, kill me. Kill me like the rest."
Turic sheathed his sword and lifted the man up, holding him up as he barely stood on his own feet. He forced him to look at him, grabbing his jaw and cheeks with one hand while still holding the man with the other. His eyes pierced into the bloody pulp that was the mans eye sockets and face. His tone was quick and sharp, apathetic and taunting.
"You don't have to yield. No one else has. That is not why I am here. I am here to find something, and if I have to slay every little hero in my way to find it I will. I am not honorable. I am not dishonorable. I am not a warrior, I am not a defender of the weak. I do not care for titles. I am a god among you people. I am to a greater build, degree, and caliber than any of you could ever accomplish. Your death will be like the rest, like how you said. One among many. Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. How ever many it takes for me to sit on top. Even if I must build a throne of skulls off of the fallen."

Turic paused for a moment and took a breath, looking even deeper into the man's eyes, his green iris' almost glowing into the soul of the man. Turic spoke, calmly and cruelly to the man.
"Tell me, what do you see in my eyes? Jealously? Worry? Envy? Hatred? Bloodlust? Tell me."

The man spoke simply and almost like he had unlocked the secrets of the world, with one word.
"Nothing."

With that, Turic pushed the man back with a finger to his forehead, his body slamming flat to the ground and not making a movement after, the man dead on the ground, in an abandoned room, away from anyone and everyone he had ever loved. Anyone that had loved him. They would never see him again. After the body hit the ground though. a rumble began, and a large round circle of the floor began to open like interlocked doors to reveal a thick stone platform. It was decorated with many figures, idols, natural scenery, and deep colors. The room and whole academy began to shake again as the circle slowly shifted down into the earth, leaving no time for Turic to do anything but jump on and go for the ride. Talking to his last orb, Turic told it to warn the mysterious person. He had found the vault, but the Atlas patrols and guards were surely coming to the academy on mass to stop him. Sending the orb away, Turic sunk farther and farther into the earth as the circle now turned into a full fledge cylinder.

"Shit..." Those two Fauna from the White Fang (?) had knocked out the guards and donned their uniforms, just like that, and had been instructed by some party to escort the snow leopard Faunus and other members of Roux's hastily-wrangled group into Beacon Tower. Damn. Either the security protocols of the Atlesian guards had really gone to the Beowolves after the fall, or they'd already "gotten to" the dispatcher in advance. Or maybe everything was working as intended and the silent alarm had been tripped, with all remaining forces in the area on the way. How much did they really know about these new White Fang comrades?

Liliya decided not to recognise that possibility, least of all because it'd make their job that much harder. Either way...they basically got the tour group treatment and here she was, perched in a tree like a durak. May as well catch up. And here was the perfect opportunity.

One of the drones hovered by lazily, its sensors alert and weapons ready to fire. Shock darts, the better to subdue any intruders for "questioning". And even if those didn't work, they'd blare an alarm once an unauthorized Aura signature remained in view for more than a few split seconds.

Now, nice and easy...

Ageha's spear point lashed out like a lizard's tongue, lodging itself behind the drone's maintenance panel. She wouldn't be getting caught off-guard like she had been at the arena this time. Less than a second passed before her other hand reached out, twisting one of the thin but sturdy weapon mounts out of shape, giving her the leverage she needed to pry the maintenance panel open.

Unplug the cable that connected to the comms antenna, plug it into the data port of her scroll, take advantage of the drone's elevated access permissions to ping back to the dispatcher's terminal...

And voila. With a single drone subverted, there was a hole in the dense security net. Well, already more than one hole, really. The drone's hover emitters shut off as its scanning process ceased, allowing Liliya to drop out of the tree and gently set the drone down by the roots. It would continue to signal its normal patrol path for as long as the scroll's battery lasted, though the dispatcher would probably notice sooner. Not soon enough to stop her from getting in, anyway...

With that, Liliya dropped into a crouch, pressing her arms down and forward like a sprinter getting ready to bolt. She felt her restored Aura flow through her, pooling in her fingertips and the balls of her feet.

Woooooooooosh.

In her lowered posture, she could easily avoid notice as her Semblance carried her past the hedges and flowerbeds of the school grounds and to the door of the tower.

Slipping into the ajar door, she noticed a well-built man ( Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas ) and the snow leopard ( Nothingness Nothingness ) proceeding into the building as well. She followed behind, waiting to see what discoveries they would make. It was the second time within 24 hours she'd ended up following a group without special effort to either avoid notice or be noticed by them. There were more embarrassing things to be caught doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back