• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy G-Corp

SolarRose

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
crop.jpg
It's been little more than two weeks since G-Corp headed out. Everyone in town guessing to the reasons. Some say they lost funding while others thought they were bought out. Then there was the ever-popular idea that they moved overseas where there were fewer regulations. But Laura knew there had to be more to it. After all, every night in the lower west wing the lights would still come on and off. Surely there wasn't power there? Not if the lad was truly abandoned.

A few nights passed watching the lights flashing on and off when John, her dearest BFF called. "Hey trouble. You're really not going over there are you? To the labs?" Laura chuckled into the phone as she packed her bag. "Bet your bottom dollar I am. I know there is someone or something there. I know it!" John sighed into the phone. "I'm telling you, those lights are on a timer. It's for security. Please don't go." Laura pulled out a little pad and looked at the times she noted the lights flashing. "If it was on a timer then it would be the entire place. Besides, I've been tracking the flashes. There isn't a pattern. No timer. If your coming meet me there in 15."

John stood by the fence that was normally electrified. But now, no power at all. John used a set of fence cutters to make a hole big enough to get through. And just in time too. Laura was just arriving on her bike. "One last time. Please don't go. I'm going if you do. But I'm asking you not to." Laura rolled her eyes as she pulled out two flashlights. "Don't be a baby John." Quickly slipping through the newly formed hole they made their way into the labs. It was pitch black with an occasional ETIX sign lit up in red. Quiet too. Every step echoing down the long empty halls.

"See, Nothing." John muttered. His voice already shaking. "Just a little further. I wanted to check out the lower section. Where the lights are at." they checked rooms and laboratories. Everything empty. Nothing but metal tables and worn-out chairs. But as they got to the door that led to the stairs going down, Laura was sure she heard something moving from down below.

Virdin Virdin

carrion.jpgA rattle fills the pregnant silence and sterility of an abandoned building. An ungodly sound, a sound a demon would be harmonizing with, replaces the rattle from before. A screech, then rapid movement. Not of feet hitting against the floor, but of flesh sliding along the ground. Almost as sudden as the sounds began, it ceased.

Nothing but the drips of a leaking facility was left to maintain the unease generated by such an anomaly.

Abruptly, a voice begins to speak over the barely-functioning PA system.

"This is Dr. Cambell. If you're hearing this, everyone here is... dead. Including me. We've been gone anywhere from a few hours to several years." The rattling picked up again, and that demonic screech rose again, more intense and outright outraged than the previous one. "If you're part of G-Corp, then I ask of you this. Why? Why have you decided to force us to wrought this... this affront to science to the universe?!" He quickly calms down from his small tirade. "If you're a civilian, then heed me carefully."

The door in front of Laura and John began to shudder violently.

"We, G-Corp, are not what we seem. We created something that shouldn't exist on this Earth. An abomination that no man, woman, or forbid a child see. That... that thing... is a mass of red meat, tentacles, spikes, and teeth. It will grab you, and rip you to shreds. It will only grab you and rip you to shreds. That's what we've seen from the 11 test trials we've done with this thing. It shares no other traits with any other organism on this planet. It lacks self-preservation, it lacks intellect... all it knows is murder and assimilation."

The sound of distant screams came from the PA system. "I have not much longer now. It grows closer. I can already hear my colleagues being eaten alive now." A sigh escapes his lips. "I was never a religious man, I didn't believe in a higher power. But when you face imminent death? Latching onto religion doesn't seem so bad." The being audibly drew closer on the PA recording, getting louder and faster towards the room Dr. Cambell was. A chair was shuffled. Cambell began to speak again.

"God, I ask of you forgiveness for I have sinned. I wish to tell you within these last moments I regret all the wrongs I have done. Everyone has nearly struck me down, but I soldiered on, fearing what man would do to me. But now, I have no hesitation. I accept you into my heart, God, and the Lord as well." Ripping metal filled the recording, as Cambell yelled "Forgive us!" before the audio cut wholly.

Without the grainy sound from the PA system, the air was stale yet again. But not with mystery, it was stale with the souls of the deceased.

The violent thrashing behind the door stopped, as flesh skitted away and metal clanged onto the ground. The beast receeded somewhere into the facility. It was gone for but a moment, filling the air with a brief respite.

The grater behind Laura and John fell and out-landed the abomination. It was a hallway-sized blob of flesh adorned with spikes and untold counts of green, beady eyes. Several mouths crowded around empty space on the blob, all rimmed with razor-sharp teeth. Its tentacles wriggled freely in the air, sensitive to temperature variations. A screech emanated from every mouth of the creation. It was several times louder now than before when it was locked away behind a door.

It proceeded to rush the PA system, using its tentacles to grab and rip it off the wall and launching the system itself and some of its wiring careening down the hall, slamming into the wall indenting it deeply. All of its eyes then locked squarely on the duo, observing their movements.

crop (1).jpg

"Shit Laura, we need to go. Now. NOW. We need to go!" His eyes wide as he stared at the thing before them. "Hell, it's a demon. A-a monster." A pungent smell of urine filled the air as John wet himself. His legs shaking. Without another word he turned and ran down the hall screaming,. Begging for god to save him before the thing could gobble him up. Laura on the other hand took a deep breath as her hands shook. Her face paled a degree as she took a step back away from it. Unlike her so-called friend, she didn't run. Then again, maybe she should have.

She took another trembling step back as John came skidding back around the corner. "I can't get out. The door won't open!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. Looking back to the monstrous blob, he reached into his bag and pulled out a walkei talkei, throwing it at the thing. Grabbing Laura by the arm he started pulling as he tried to leave as quickly as he could with her. "Help me get the door open."

"John stop. If you don't calm down the thing WILL attack." She snapped trying to pull her arm free. Him throwing anything at the thing couldn't be good. Worse her legs shook so bad that she could hardly move. John trying to drag her off only had her tripping all over herself. Granted she was scared, terrified really. It was pity she felt even more. This twisted mass didn't ask for what was done to it. Hell, it was cruel to make it suffer. But if no one else was around. Alive in this place then only it could have been turning on and off the lights, right?

"I think it's intelligent." She finally said, trying to steady her wavering voice. Only John wasn't listening. He was ready to forsake them all. Throwing his entire bag at the thing, he turned and ran once more. He was leaving with or without Laura. Friends or not, he wasn't going to say and have the thing eat his brains out. If anyone asks, oh he would let them know where she went and that he tried to stop her. But he wasn't planning on being its next meal. Laura on the other hand simply backed up against the wall. After that display, she didn't dare try to catch up. Making it angry couldn't be good for anyone.

Virdin Virdin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back