• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic FxF plots!

Falka

Procrastination Personified
Heya, Falka here. I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm looking for some partners who won't bother me for an answer every day, who will contribute to the plot and who can write well. By "being able to write well" I don't mean the ability to churn out paragraphs upon paragraphs of dry descriptions. Quite the contrary! It's important to recognize when a roleplay benefits from a shorter response and when a long post is necessary to set the scene. Anyway, take a look at my prompts. They're very underdeveloped, so feel free to suggest how to improve them. I'd love to hear your ideas! (Also forgive my lack of formatting. I'm a BBCode illiterate.)

Character A is a scientist on the verge of a ground-breaking discovery. Unfortunately, it's the kind of a discovery that makes the local oppressive government nervous. When she refuses to abandon her research, the young scientists turns into an enemy of the state practically overnight. She's arrested and promptly sentenced to death. The sentence would doubtlessly be carried out if it wasn't for Character B, a member of the resistance who breaks her out of her prison. Even though Character A has worked against the resistance in the past and helped to develop some of the most fearsome weapons used against her people, her knowledge is far too valuable. Now the two have to work together to survive and bring the government to its knees. But do they have a chance of success when they can't even fully trust each other?

Character A is a diplomat who is sent to a foreign planet to defend the interests of their home country. She has studied their customs, but no amount of theory can make up for lack of practice. Enter Character B, her native aide. As she helps the diplomat understand their culture, the two grow close. But can their relationship survive with a war looming on the horizon?

Character A is a space smuggler. She's not a particularly big fish, so she manages to fly under the radar of the authorities and live a relatively comfortable life. That life is quickly disrupted when she discovers a stowaway: a princess of an influential interstellar empire. Character B (yup, that's who she is!) wished to escape from her home planet and used Character A's ship to her own ends. Too bad that everyone immediately assumed that she was kidnapped and now they won't even let the smuggler correct the mistake since "you can't negotiate with criminals!" It seems that the two are stuck together. What adventures will they pursue?

An unknown catastrophe has caused humanity to revert back to technological dark ages. When Character A and Character B, two childhood friends, discover and activate a mysterious piece of technology from time long past, they know that it's just the first step to deciphering the hidden past of their ancestors. What lies in wait for them?

Something something artificial humans. I don't really have a plot in mind at the moment, but I'd love to brainstorm with you if you're interested. Do you know Ghost in the Shell? Something along these lines would be swell. Both action and philosophy about what it means to be a human.

Last edited:
Hey there. I'd be up for either the first or third of your plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back