• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Futuristic Fantasy Free-For-All

Challaruby

Roleplay Type(s)
There is NO paragraph requirement. I am not going to harass you if your reply isn't "long" or even close to matching what I send you in the future because it can't always be helped.

BUT, if it doesn't help to move the plot or scene along, then I'm going to get frustrated. I don't like doing all the carrying in an rp. I like partners who bring their own ideas and plot twists to the story. SURPRISE ME. I like to be able to improvise and get my characters out of their comfort zone. I am better with fantasy and action-oriented rp, and I strongly avoid slice-of-life, but I do enjoy roleplaying smaller moments and making them seem bigger, depending on the context.

Please respond with information on your character and long-term idea first.

I also do not care how long it takes you to get back to me or post a response. I also have a tendency to not respond quickly, so keep that in mind. Some times I can give you two responses in a day, other times I can give you one per week. I cannot always be glued to my computer.

I do have a few requirements, but I promise they're not too bad.

~ Requirements ~

1.) If you need to, for some reason, control my character(s) in order to do your thing, okay. If you just blatantly force my characters to do something after I've expressed that I don't want to go down that road, I'm going to get frustrated. Please don't.

2.) Do not get offended by strong language. The main character featured in my idea is very vulgar, and he does it for the sake of being vulgar and heinous. Please understand that this is part of his character, and I will not change it.

3.) Have fun, get creative. If you want your character to find a flying pig with moose antlers, GO FOR IT. Like I said before, I like surprises. If you're not having fun with this, then it's going to reflect in your writing. No pressure fam! RP is meant to be *fun*.

4.) If there's an issue with something I've sent you, or I've messed up a detail about your character, forgotten something, or you just don't like the action my characters are taking, please tell me. Don't disappear. I'm a reasonable human being, and like I said, I'm here for this to be fun, goofy, attention-keeping, and sometimes overly dramatic. I don't ever mean to forget details, and I don't do it to personally insult you! I just have the working memory and attention span of a moth.

5.) No text talk unless you're actually including a text message conversation in your reply. I'm not asking for perfect grammar, because I am also not perfect. I am asking for you to try.

That's it! Maybe go drink some water and meditate for five minutes. Take care of yourself.

And here's what you've all been waiting for, if you've read this far. The prompt! I am willing to work with you if you don't want to respond to the pretty specific cue at the end. If you have a different idea, by all means, implement it when you respond in the comments.

*~*~* STARTER *~*~*

"Surrender now, and you'll be given a lighter sentence."

In an instant, his eyes shot open, but before he could defend himself, he found his wrists chained together behind his back. "You think that's all it's going to take to stop me? Really? There's a wanted poster with my face on it in almost every city I've ever had the displeasure of staying in, and your plan is to combat me with chains of all things? Chains?"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. With a snap of his fingers, he expected to vanish into thin air. What he was met with instead was the daunting realization that the chains around his wrists were burning into his skin. The demon tried to think of something else. However, time was not on his side, and thinking on his feet was not something he was ever good at doing. Using his stature to his advantage, he swept their legs with his own. The group of women fell to the ground with a thud.

The demon lept over the bodies only to be grabbed by his ankle and met with the same fate.

"You were given a warning. Now we will be happy to let the council know you resisted capture for your crimes. You're not going to see the light of day for a long, long time."

Another woman pulled out a flask filled with holy water, splashing his face before moving aside to allow one of her associates to step in with another set of chains.

"Are you actually FUCKING SERIOUS? Are you beyond certain that you'll be able to contain me? Because when, not if, when you fail, you're going to wish for death by the time I'm done with you. I will get out, and you will not see the last of me."

A few of the women sighed while the others chose to ignore the comment.

"Really, nothing?" A smile crept up his face, and his irises shone an eerie violet hue alongside the etched-in carvings along the metal chains. The links broke, one by one, each of them shattering to dust that fell in the moonlight.

"Enough. You can't brute your way through this one." An androgynous-looking figure walked into the room with a sword raised toward the beast. "Once we're through here, the world will be better off without having to live in fear of your repulsive, destructive violence and hedonism." Faster than his brain could wrap around the words, the same blessed sword was planted firmly into the demon's chest.

His body reacted by gagging, and from his mouth spewed black sludge that burnt through the floorboards like a corrosive acid. A frightened Inn-Keep shook in his boots behind the sword-wielder. The entire group, minus the increasingly agitated demon, began chanting in an ancient tongue, further enraging the beast.

The seven-foot-tall wolf in sheep's clothing began dissipating into what looked like smoky ash, but the cloud of smoke was only absorbed by a chunk of what looked like a rock in the darkness. It was apparent by the look on his face that he was not expecting them to resort to such measures, nor did he expect the council to approve such a backhanded and demonic thing to do. The sound of his laughter faded along with his form, and after a few short seconds, the monster was gone.

-- 1000 Years Later, in the Year 2982 --

Technology had run rampant, and human civilization reached a point where they could heavily rely on advanced technology for most of their day-to-day needs. What used to be parks and rainforests, were seized, destroyed, and renovated on by corporations across the globe. Digital museums are becoming more popular by the day as hungry brains search for answers to their questions that had been snuffed and argued against for centuries. Only recently have they been able to access this information without being considered a terrorist threat. All a patron has to do is watch and interact with the virtual tour through their glasses, which were repurposed for technological needs when laser eye surgery had been perfected and practiced for over a few decades, now. Artificial intelligence is past the edge of sentience, and many forms of AI walk about the street. Some less up-to-date AI used to be sold to help people with chores and errands, but the Allegiance of Robotic and Artificial Life won their case against the courts when they pleaded for equal treatment to humans. Since, mechanical enhancements and genetic alterations to the human body had become much more commonplace.

A Tour guide passed a podium shielded and protected by advanced security. Inside the transparent case was a weathered piece of pristine, white stone. No one really knew what it was made of, and scientists have deducted that it came from outer space. It looked like it had been polished and engraved an unbelievably long time ago, but it no longer was easy to make out the full symbols. Not that most people could decipher what it said even if they could put together the etchings.

The guide stopped to gander at the case, smiling to herself. It was so nice to not have to deal with museum-goers, for she was able to look closely at any specimen she wanted with the ability to pause the live-stream tour. According to the legends and the curator of the museum, this white-colored rock was used by the forces of light to conceal and lock away the forces of evil. It was beyond obvious that the supernatural existed, and modern studies for this era proved it. Of course, there were still the neigh-sayers, but you're going to have people refute science for their unprogressive way of thinking.

Waving for the small, spheroid of a camera to fly toward her, she instructed it to get a better view of the old junk for the viewers. "Here we have a rare artifact from over one THOUSAND years ago, when the supernatural had run rampant in the world. Named after its intended use, The Heaven Stone was used by the forces of 'good' against the forces of evil, according to legend. It's said to have contained hundreds of demons its lifespan, but never all at once. After sealing away a demon that used the alias 'Kyle', legend says they could not risk capturing another demon if it meant this one would roam free. As you all probably learned in history class, the Angel race went on to start a Holy War which decimated most of the planet. After they wiped each other out, no one has seen any sign of any race other than human. Some have called this stone 'The Last Demon', frightened that it may still conceal the same monster as one thousand years ago. Even if that were true, there's not a single soul on this planet that has been able to unlock its secrets and prisoner." She stood behind the case, giving a less-than-sincere smile to the camera.

For a brief moment, the wireless signal of the feed cut out, unbeknownst to the tour guide. Before they could move on, her smile faded as she looked down to notice the brilliant white stone had turned black. To avoid PR issues and the press, she ignored it, pretending not to see it at all. Once the stone was out of view, she turned to the camera again, asking if there were any questions for her about the tour so far.

A small speaker ejected from the flying orb of a camera, extending out like the landing gear of a plane on a much smaller scale. Someone must have had a question, it seems.

----------------------------------------------

Okay, so, I have a few ideas from here. Once Kyle is inevitably free, Y/C could bind him in a contract, he and Y/C could become enemies, allies, etc. Like I said, let me hear your ideas!

LMAO that is one anime I have yet to watch. Everyone keeps recommending it to me! 😊 Did you want to rp this idea with me? I can certainly tweak the starter a little bit if needed ♡
Yeah sure, just give me time to awaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back