• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Futuristic/Dystopian Setting with some fantasy additions Accepting!

Beaurmont Beaurmont I'm down for this. I'd like to be an faulty android but I'm wondering if it would b r possible for humans to live above ground? Either way I'm joining. Also, I you need any help with a map I'm good at that so I can help

Beaurmont Beaurmont I'm down for this. I'd like to be an faulty android but I'm wondering if it would b r possible for humans to live above ground? Either way I'm joining. Also, I you need any help with a map I'm good at that so I can help
Thats good to hear! It is possible for some humans to live above ground. There is a race of people, the ancestors of humans doomed to live on the hostile and inhospitable surface, that have more or less adapted genetically to the new environment. I think to make them a little less, 'OP' I'm going to add some sort of draw back to having the ability to survive in most environments. But I haven't figured out what. Unless you were asking if it was possible for humans below ground to survive above? Then the answer is a maybe. The forests are not as toxic and can be traversed, but you have a high chance of meeting a demon beast. Its the toxic/irradiated areas humans have to avoid.

Of course! I'm always accepting help, and I could use some help with the map. Would you like my blank map slate or do you have a better map/method?

Also, four people is a good place to start and if everyone is ready I could start actually making the IC, OOC, and CS threads? About 6 people would be ideal, and we could have people trickle in but if you'd rather start sooner than later let me know.

Sooner rather than later and I was thinking of making the map slightly resemble modern earth (not sure which country or region you want this to take place in) but with a few additions like larger forests and more mountains and valleys due to erosion.

Hmm. I was working with a random map but I think I like the idea of an Earth map better, makes more sense anyhow. *Eats old map slate* I don't have any particular opinion on region, since most of the world is now pretty much to the same. How about its up to you guys where we start? :3 I'm thinking on whether or not we should rename the continents for flavor or just keep it simple.

So I was playing around with the idea of having the world heat up due to pollution and melting the arctic ice caps, causing a world flood. Here are some maps that I found, I can make my own if you want, but yeah. Tell me what you think would be better, flooded America or flooded Europe?

84133ef6ae70877d3a315297b7d149fb--free-desktop-wallpaper-desktop-wallpapers.jpg

Screenshot 2017-09-24 at 12.51.50 PM.png Screenshot 2017-09-24 at 12.51.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2017-09-24 at 12.50.43 PM.png

Also Beaurmont Beaurmont you should get that CS/OOC set up so we can get the ball rolling

So I was playing around with the idea of having the world heat up due to pollution and melting the arctic ice caps, causing a world flood. Here are some maps that I found, I can make my own if you want, but yeah. Tell me what you think would be better, flooded America or flooded Europe?

84133ef6ae70877d3a315297b7d149fb--free-desktop-wallpaper-desktop-wallpapers.jpg

View attachment 354116 View attachment 354117View attachment 354119

Also Beaurmont Beaurmont you should get that CS/OOC set up so we can get the ball rolling
Nice Nice I agree, I think a flooded Europe would be pretty interesting. I was thinking one of the ruins we find/discover end up being a flooded metropolis anyway! Also you're right I will get them up now. Give me a few minutes and I will run back and edit this message with the link attached.

-Edit-
OOC: Lost Dawn OOC (Dystopian/Fantasy Universe)
CS: Lost Dawn CS (Dystopian/Fantasy Universe)

Last edited:
The pages have been added, anyone with interest may simply click the links if they are interested. No need to ask! (Uh, do shoot me a PM or say something in the OOC though. Random characters showing up can break immersion. xD)

Alright! I have spent nearly 5 hours working on the OOC, CS, and Magic page, and with some great help from Shabazz I even got a awesome flooded map of Europe. For now, I think I'm burnt out but I feel like I got a lot done. Like I said above feel free to head into the OOC or even just take a look at the information pages. It is not in anyway a finished product, but just the starting point.

*pokes broken Join button*
Well you're definitely welcome. Though you may have to make me another button. (It was precious to me.)
I still have a lot of work to do lore wise but most things are up and running.

We're still accepting new members! I'm still developing the story a bit more before starting, but a few people have put down a CS. Once thats done we'll be ready to start! Also, if anyone's interested in being on the antagonist's side send me a PM. ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back