• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Futuristic/Dystopian Setting with some fantasy additions Accepting!

Beaurmont

The Born Again Novice
Long story short I'm currently coming up with a RP set in the world after an event called 'The Great Collapse', several hundred years after in fact. The world was covered in technology and civilization, to the point where lush green forests were a thing of the past. However, due to many factors, the advanced societies of the world were all but destroyed and forced to retreat into several small sanctuaries across the planet. Over a long period of stagnation the earth slowly reclaimed its lost lands and the forests returned to cover much of the landscape. Unfortunately not all the damage that was caused by their ancestors could be undone, and several places have either a toxic environment to humans or terrifying new breeds of creatures to worry about...

Anyway that's the REALLY short story of it. If you would like to see an expanded on version of the story please scroll down below. I have Shabazz helping me work on a decent map for you guys and are setting up the OOC and CS as we speak. :3 I look forward to RPing with you.

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys! I'm sorry I've been behind, I was actually planning on pasting the map and broadening the story the day of. However the friend I mentioned, who was going to help me with the story, has been unfortunately busy so I put this on hold. But I've decided to make the story myself so hopefully I can start posting stuff 2maro! :3

Interested I have questions. what will be the limitations of what we are allowed to roleplay? are multiple characters per user allowed, and is there any limit to how big or literate my posts are?

I have a basic concept for a character I'd like to play as, but I won't develop it till we all have a better idea of what can and cannot live in this world.

YES! OH GOD! YEESSSS
*Literally melts into lava*
*quick recovery*
(cough)
Greetings.
Well, I must say that I am...Deeply Interested... In joining this rp.
Any room left for your favorite search history pass-time?
Beaurmont Beaurmont

Last edited:
Interested. I'd love to be tagged when you have a more in-depth story posted so I can read it over before committing. :-)

Well I appreciate that, I will take time to actually put work in this time, should others still want to join. To answer your questions from before, there are but a few limitations. The races allowed are Human, Android, and Overworlder. Human is basic, Android is a little bit more complex. As it depends on your point of view but its generally however you decide. A human who's mind was placed in a metallic body? An self aware AI? Overworlder is a human, or technically android as well, who lives or had lived on the surface or in regions that are highly toxic to normal humans. Basically think a human who's adapted to the new worlds environment. As for limitations on posts, I simply ask for no one liners, as that's no fun for anyone. Multiple characters are allowed, being the limit for now is two until further notice.

Thank you for the interest. ^u^ For now I will wait until at least a few others see my post and see what they say, but if I get the green light I will immediately start thinking up ideas and invite everyone to a group chat. I actually have more free time this weekend so I should be around.

Oh dear.
Comin back after a short period of absence - which I blame upon the failures of the phone's notifs and my lack of attention span- I see that this is still well and kicking!

Brilliant! A staple of a good thread is it's survival. I say, this thing isnt just surviving, Its evolving.

I shall send for a service pigeon to tell you of this. If you happen upon a pigeon with a tin soldier's cap- or upon a hen with a tie- it has this message.

:D
Beaurmont Beaurmont

Last edited:
Oh dear.
Comin back after a short period of absence - which I blame upon the failures of the phone's notifs and my lack of attention span- I see that this is still well and kicking!

Brilliant! A staple of a good thread is it's survival. I say, this thing isnt just surviving, Its evolving.

I shall send for a service pigeon to tell you of this. If you happen upon a pigeon with a tin soldier's cap- or upon a hen with a tie- it has this message.

:D
Beaurmont Beaurmont
Well, I have received thy tin-hatted pigeon with the delightful message. Dare I say, I will try to continue evolving this RP to be the best in Dystopian story writing. However I still need more people. xD But to help with that, I will post more story shortly as to see if more would be interested in my venture. You shall receive this message on the back of my trusty potato.

967cc7eee3c0c74ddd1a90edd39e8b7c.jpg
Nearly 500 years have passed since "The Great Collapse" which ended advanced civilizations of the world. Now instead, nature has reclaimed its place as greenery and large scale forests once again cover the landscape. Huge strong parent trees tower over these forests, almost as a watchful guardian of its children. Most signs of civilization has disappeared, save for a few ruins that sit broken and decrepit from years of exposure from the elements. Its taken time, but evolution has done its work and several new breeds of creatures have been born in this new time, both found in legend and never seen before by human eyes. Many environments are highly toxic to the human body but androids and the demon beasts thrive in this land. (Demon beasts are basically what the people of our particular region call the new creatures.)

However, humanity, quite the stubborn and hardy race of people, has survived through this harsh period. Sanctuaries were built by both governments and private corporations alike, and several million humans still live, but underground. These underground settlements are the product of their advanced technology and are vast cities with the intent of copying the world they once had above. Skillfully they created a false sun in each sanctuary, allowing day/night cycles and the ability to produce crops to feed themselves. Weapons like firearms were confiscated in most sanctuaries as to prevent any further unnecessary deaths, but was largely unsuccessfully as, by this time, most humans had the Zanier Tech Implant that allowed the use of what many called 'Magic'. While the most of what people could do, since this was generally a new creation, was seemingly move large and small objects alike with nothing but their mind and a steady hand. Later on, many individuals found more aggressive ways to use this new power and skirmishes or full on rebellion have appeared in many a sanctuary.

cyberpunk-city-street-524418343.jpg
Some sanctuaries have banned the use of Magic within theirs cities, but some continue to use and advance its uses in secret. While on the other side, some sanctuaries use it in everyday life and revere it as a gift from a god to preserve humanity. Not all sanctuaries agree and track their crimes and laws independently of each other. Most sanctuaries don't allow access to the outside, or over-world, as there is almost simply no need to venture from their safe-haven. But many youth seek the outside, listening to the stories of their parents about the world humans once dominated separate from this cold metallic city, they desire freedom. Some however do, simply to study the outside or see if its survivable. Some sanctuaries have been found empty recently however, entire populations, 300,000 people, missing in its entirety. An empty ghost city void of life and its Sun taken...

Well for now this is it, I hope this is a more decent example of the world I'm looking to create. I will probably do touch ups for a little bit here and there but its finished. :3 Please let me know if you like it and are still interested.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-15_16-59-42.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-15_16-59-42.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
I hath found thy potatoe. It took a while to get here and it had completely dodged my defenses. It nearly startled me, that damned potatoe. Sadly, I found it under my boot.
Well, I have received thy tin-hatted pigeon with the delightful message. Dare I say, I will try to continue evolving this RP to be the best in Dystopian story writing. However I still need more people. xD But to help with that, I will post more story shortly as to see if more would be interested in my venture. You shall receive this message on the back of my trusty potato.

I think that it is a wonderful idea to add on more to the story to draw in more peasant- er - people.

I haven't been thinking of a character too often and my common sense is infamously skewed... I have two ideas

My ideas are:
This message is set to self-destruct in 10 seconds.

I hath found thy potatoe. It took a while to get here and it had completely dodged my defenses. It nearly startled me, that damned potatoe. Sadly, I found it under my boot.

I think that it is a wonderful idea to add on more to the story to draw in more peasant- er - people.

I haven't been thinking of a character too often and my common sense is infamously skewed... I have two ideas

My ideas are:
This message is set to self-destruct in 10 seconds.
*Devours message in its entirety.*
WELL, I only train the most ABLE of Potato companions in my company. I have standards. If there is really any questions people still have or if there is anything else I should elaborate on, please let me know. :3

Honestly, most things are prepared and I have an idea of 'whos the main antagonist', how I'm going to start the story, my own character, more random lore and info, and generally how I'm going to handle NPC characters. At this current point I'm still trying to decide how I want the map to be. I have a blank slate but am hesitant on where I want to put important points like Sanctuaries and possible ruins and places to explore. I want it to be interesting, and for there to be plenty to explore but not have it become too crowded. Other than that, I'm just waiting for more people. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back