Experiences Funny RP situations - what made you laugh?

Onmyoji

HanGuang-Jun
Administrator
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Have you ever had something funny happen in your roleplays that made you laugh, especially if it was unintentional? Like funny plot development, funny quotes, character behavior, or something similar.

I had a few instances when roleplays went in a totally random direction but it turned out so funny that years after, we still laugh about it when we remember it with rp partners.
An example of this, in a VR isekai rp, when character party went to fight a boss, but they ended up having a singing contest. It was a random decision but everyone enjoyed it so much.
Another one was in a slice of life rp, when the characters were chasing a pet all over the house. Also a random decision to include that, but we had a lot of fun writing those scenes. It was pure comedy.

Do you remember any fun examples like that too? Please share! :D

I've been a away from RP for several years. I found out one of my old favorites was having a reboot. At first I was not going to bring back old characters. I don't like getting myself stuck in a rut and prefer to switch up characters regularly.

Being a huge venom fan and this being a superpower RP I tossed one together. Only to find out I had pretty much copied another great returning writers character. They were totally polite about it but I realized I was kinda phoning it in.

Back to the drawing board.

I end up venting my stress from some real life stuff by writing out this bad ass mushroom lady monster.

Finally, original cool character but honestly I felt a bit under skilled to write her. The scene starts and I work myself up into the worst writers block.

So I decide to go back to what I know and bring back one of my old supers. A character I wrote to be child like, always getting into trouble and a big daddy's girl. Best thing I ever did.

I had so many life experiences raising my kid to pull on for writing her. I bust out this awesome hilarious post about her crawling through the vents trying to catch her hamster.

It hits me that I am being way too hard on myself with mushroom lady. I end up coming up with this post about her hiding in the airplane bathroom because she gets motion sickness.

I get a laugh reading both posts but I also laugh at myself for trying to take it too seriously. Sometimes you can be the characters that don't have main character super hero pose vibes and still just be tickled pink with what comes of it.

I don't know that this all counts but it's what I am going with. I'll link the posts for context and in hopes it will give you all a laugh too.

Old character

New mushroom lady

There's been quite a few. Most recent one, though, is the two characters in a 1x1 I'm doing. They're teenagers and one of them basically sneaked vodka and weed into his friend's house. They've both been sitting around drinking and smoking weed, which of course has them letting out some embarrassing confessions to each other. Just the antics of the whole situation has been pretty funny to me since even as an adult I have seen that sort of thing happen.

Zombie RP, a construction worker (played by Croike Croike ) angry at the local authorities lead a small horde towards the National Guard outpost to annoy them, but they ended up devouring like 4 people.

One guy's National Guard character was just getting back from having a piss and suddenly got eaten as he was zipping up his pants, and 3 more NPCs died as well.

The construction guy was actually horrified at what he'd done lmao

Last edited:
This is a good question. I’m sure I’d have a better one to give for this but I can’t think of it.

Off the top of my head it’s not THAT funny, but I always find myself smiling or chuckling at writing characters bickering over something stupid in a slice of life RP. Always found that fun.

Was doing a mario au roleplay and the person roleplaying mario just decided to make mario blow up stove, luigi and the other two ocs i used were shocked

Oh! I love comedy in rps so I try to sneak those in when I can. ^ ^

My latest shenanigans with my partner was trying to create a distraction for a grocery/convenience store heist for Thanksgiving! So my character brought squeaky toys, specifically, rubber chickens to throw at guard dogs while they were trying to steal a turkey for dinner. It’s a play on two birds with one stone. 😆

But my favourite quote from my partner is one where her character was just tired of waiting for my romantically dense/oblivious boy to kiss her on the end of their dance. Mind you, we’re already taking the slow burn route and have been writing back and forth for a few months. But she (her character) says:

“What are my lips made of hot garbage? Why haven’t you kissed me already?”

That came out of left field! I wasn’t expecting it. In our ooc conversations after, I made the joke that she (her character) was gonna decompose and turn into literal garbage/dirt, if he (my character) didn’t figure that out quick!

I once made a modern fantasy RP with anime elements but also Western pop culture references, players asked me what is the country that the story takes place in is called and on the spot I decided it was called "United States of Japanada". It became canon, somehow.

The entire RP was kind of meme-y with the premise actually encouraging people to be cringy so it actually fits.

I have thousands I (mostly) have kid ocs which are pretty stupid (because kids) so their dumbness amazings me each and every day lol

hard tossup between "a dumbass and her homicidal sociopath girlfriend have a perfectly normal trip to walmart where everything goes as planned" or "the infamous korean barbeque incident"

hard tossup between "a dumbass and her homicidal sociopath girlfriend have a perfectly normal trip to walmart where everything goes as planned" or "the infamous korean barbeque incident"
I need to know more about "the infamous Korean Barbeque incident" I am very interested lol

I need to know more about "the infamous Korean Barbeque incident" I am very interested lol

when i say you're not ready for the infamous korean bbq incident, you're not ready for the infamous korean bbq incident

4 months ago, my main rp partner and i deigned to go on an adventure where we see who could come up with the most ridiculous shitpost possible. i said hold my beer. thus spawned an increasingly chaotic chain of events that culminates in.....the gang deciding that the best way to cause a diversion at the airport is to set a k-pop bus on fire

here you go. enjoy. it reads like a hellish fever dream because this disaster was like 11,000 words long and i had to cut out my partner's sections. but frankly i think that just adds to the experience

I... That's amazing I used to do a shit ton of rps with kids when I was younger and it felt like a pre school that was something.....

I was recently reading through my old Gaia Online RPs and had myself a good laugh. There were some good ones from an old Super Smash Bros. Brawl RP I was in many years ago (2008-2009). Honestly, it's the funniest RP I've ever been in, even though it was meant to be a more serious and story-driven game. I was Pit and Toon Link.

There was a running gag that Samus could NEVER get sleep. She was constantly trying to sleep, but all the chaos that comes from such a diverse cast of characters coming together kept her up. She finally had enough and yelled at everyone, scaring them so badly that they stood in line at attention. She warned them that if she's woken up again, whoever's responsible will die. She goes to leave and Pit quietly says, "Scarier than Medusa."

Samus heard him and demanded he repeat himself, causing the other characters to have an "Oh crap!" moment and creep away from the angel. Pit tells her he said nothing, moved around Samus while giving her a WIDE berth and not turning his back to her, and ran off into Marth's castle while commenting that he needs to go pray. Samus mutters to him that praying is a good idea because they'll be having his funeral soon in which Pit, who was a safe distance away from Samus at that point, responds, "Thanks, Samus. I love you too."

Shortly after, Wario, threw a tantrum that was so violent and noisy that it shook the entirety of Marth's castle. Meta Knight freaks out and hides in a crate within a storage room to avoid Samus's wrath. Also panicked, Ike and Pit try to silence Wario to no avail, until they decide to try hanging him off a chandelier. Wario responds with a fart explosion. Ike avoids it by running out of the castle, but Pit, who was the one flying Wario to the chandelier, was at ground zero and was shot into a nearby wall, knocked out cold. The Centurions, upon seeing Pit's prone form, all decided to attack Wario. Wario panics and flees. He ran past the closet Meta Knight was hiding in, and when Meta Knight came out to see what was going on, he was immediately trampled by Centurions. This, of course, enrages Meta Knight and he gives chase to the Centurions.

Moments later, outside the castle, a very wobbly and dizzy Pit appears by Ike's side and asks the swordsman why there are three of him. Ike remarks that there aren't and that Pit needs to get 'that junk' out of his system. He helps by slapping Pit on the back so hard that the angel face-plants in the dirt. Wario runs by the two while being chased by the Centurions, who were being chased by Meta Knight, who was 'thrashing around in a tornado of destruction'. Ike then grabbed Pit and threw him like a javelin at Wario. Pit catches Wario, Ike catches up to them, and they proceed to beat up Wario.

After the fighting was over, Meta Knight tries to help Samus sleep by offering her a pill the size of a chicken egg. Everyone is aghast at the size of the pill and wondered how one could swallow it in which Meta Knight happily responds that it's a suppository. Pit asked Ike in a whisper to explain what a suppository was, to which Ike responds that he does not want to know. It turned out Meta Knight was just joking and the pill was dissolvable. The fact that Meta Knight made a joke shocked everyone.

Meanwhile, poor Princess Zelda is watching all the madness from the sidelines.

Ike would later use the "Pitdoken" technique again to throw Pit into a lake. When the angel returns, wet and cranky, Ike happily asks if Pit had a good trip and brought him a souvenier. Pit, without a word, pulled a Magikarp out of his exomis and dropped it into Ike's hands.

There was a moment in the RP where a new Centurion recruit, upon hearing his captain state that he wants to get some sleep, tried to help by picking Pit up and rushing to the dormitory in Marth's castle. He immediately assumed that the bed with the beautiful woman in it (said beautiful woman being Samus!) had to be Pit's and, much to the angel's horror, he tossed Pit onto the bed. The Centurion dusted his hands off, saluted Pit, happily wished him a good night, and left.

Even later in the RP, Ike, Ganondorf, and Pit decide to go on a quest to kill King Dedede. Pit tried to pass the time by telling riddles.

"I have no sense of humor,
and my skin is green,
I'm mean and ugly,
and my name starts with G,
who am I?"

It doesn't go well. A lot of the RP can be described as, "Ike and Pit share one brain cell."

There was one cute yet funny moment where Toon Link was recounting the story of Link's rescue from the enemy army to Princess Zelda. He was fibbing outrageously while telling the story, ending it with the army's king cowering behind his throne because T'ink was so fearsome, and T'ink fighting the entire army while carrying the tired and injured Link on his back. Link wasn't amused.

-

Well that turned out longer than I had meant it to be, and that's not all of the funny moments that happened!

There became a running joke in a RP i was once in about oatmeal and eating food out of the pan/pot you made it in. Essentially, my character lived alone with limited supplies and so he ate the oatmeal he made out of the pot he had made it in. Meanwhile my partners character was eating the food out of a bowl because she was a guest and staying with because she was injured. The two banter back and forth about the oatmeal throughout the rest of the RP.

theres also a running joke with the same OC that he couldnt find the key to his front door so he instead uses to window to get in and out of the house. desipte the fact that he could have entered once through the window and unlocked the door from the inside.

“Nice to meet you too! Follow me” He then quickly headed towards one of the house’s windows and climbed through it leaving small drops of blood from his injured arm. He never found the spare key to the front door, his brothers must have taken it with them, and he didn’t know how to pick locks so the window was his only option. It never occurred to him that he could unlock the door from the inside.

i like to make refrences to these jokes whenever i reuse the OC that i used for this RP, even if the new partner doesnt get it, i get a little chuckle out of it.

Last edited:
My friend played a socially awkward girl in a group I was running. She was hilarious, and one of the running gags was that she could inadvertently guilt people into things simply because she was too awkwardly nice.

There's this modern AU of FE Awakening I'm currently in (it's a group RP) that's revolving around a school idol club. One of my partners decided to throw a second character in: one of their first character's old friend who was, to put it simply, a bundle of gremlin energy. He officially entered the RP while the club was having a meeting in a soba house by maneuvering through nearby jocks and trying to pull off an ultimate high-five on his old friend after somehow launching himself into the air at her, but it failed big time as his hand landed squarely in her face, knocking the two of them over.

I'd love to link the context here but the RP itself is in another site, so...

In a DND campaign a guy had a joke character who had a lazy eye and a bad experience during a brothel orgy, was hanging out with my half elf ranger (one who was present during the orgy) and a cleric who wasn't present for the said event mentioned a brothel during a social scene. This seemingly scared the joke character and his lazy eye realigned itself from the sheer fear.

Someone’s character jumping out of a window to go after my character.

A God throwing a tantrum in front of an old lady.

Here's three stories from Sentinel Comics RPG games. First was a villain heist game where we are currently fighting a team of palentoligically inaccurate heroes calling themselves Dino-Might, thoroughly pissing off one character who's a history and paleontology professor.

Another is when same character got shot three times at his player's request with the intent to get into the red zone and get access to stronger abilities. Unfortunately, the GM rolled too high and knocked him out, forcing my character, a 5'3'' woman, to carry this six foot man over her shoulder to the getaway van.

A third story is in a different game set in the Spelljammer universe of D&D. We're fighting an over the top and hilarious 90s antihero parody named Karnal Painstryfe Doomrage-Blüdslayer aka "The Blüdslayer" and there was very little fighting involved, instead having us severely hinder him by having an awakened Clockwork Horror quote laws at him (we were in Arcadia, the plane of lawfulness, so there's a lot of laws), my character getting mad that he called her a criminal (she had just been involved in drug trading so she kind of was) when she's clearly an Ace Detective (she actually managed to convince the local guard of this fact despite looking like a 10 year old child), and another character using her necromancer powers to have a skeleton hand grab and squeeze his crotch (leading to the brilliant line "Balls are temporary, Justice is eternal"). Then he grabbed my character and held a knife to her throat causing the team mom (who would deny such a thing if she was called that) to get really mad and stab him with her fire knives while accidentally referring to my character as her kid.

Edit: Also the first kill of the game belonged to the most wholesome character, an awakened Owlbear, who ate up the whole man.

Last edited:
New funny story from the Spelljammer game: So the fight with "The Blüdslayer" was over and our characters hand him over to the Captain of the Watch, who is very depressed due to living in Arcadia where most problems are solved by quoting laws at them. That's not a joke, that's literally all the police did during our entire fight with "The Blüdslayer". So our characters decide that we should take him with us because we relate to him and he's extremely miserable and this occurs (we're using a comic book system so everything is usually visualized as comic book panels):

The Captain (who is a PC): I wasn't aware I was running an adoption agency.
[Beat panel of the two/three party members who are, in fact, adopted]
The Captain: I'll be in my cabin if you need me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back