• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Fungal Post-Apocalyptic Setting

fishyfruitbowl

Stinky McGee
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Fungal Zombies

In a world…

Just kidding!

Earth is nothing like it used to be. What used to be a place filled with pollution, disease, death, war. Now… the only thing that's no longer there is pollution. To some climate change activists, they would be happy to see that the Earth was thriving, flora was growing everywhere, fauna was now living happily in the forest. Or what it seems. The earth was completely changed all those years ago. It was so forever ago that the majority of the population have a different story that happened all those years ago, some fiction, some from scriptures, but rarely, very rarely, the truth. Ophiocordyceps unilateralis. That was the source of it all.

It was rangeland ecologists who were one of the first to recognize what was happening. Ranchers had called in to report that they saw some very unsettling things with the deer that would always manage to get past the fence and bother the cows. And eventually what made the Ranchers call the Farmer Helpline, and eventually brought out a Bovine veterinarian which couldn’t even put what was happening to the sows. Bloodwork came back… weird. To help, they called in Ranchland Ecologist to come in and help them and that’s when the fear setted in. Something that was contained to certain farms was now gaining new coverage in their respective counties, and eventually were growing out to the entire United States and eventually the world. Some fungal infection that causes cows to become aggressive if not given what they want, free range. After running test in multiple databases, they found what was infecting these cows. Ophiocordyceps, something similar to its unilateralis counterpart. It was a domino effect, although it didn’t seem like it would infect humans but the fear mongering came from the fact that we consumed dairy products, we consumed their meat, and currently it wasn’t sure what was and what was its effect towards it’s consumers.

And from there? It started to spread from cows to others. Scientists said that the byproducts from cows had no effects on humans. But that didn’t last for long. The fungi was constantly evolving, to the point that it was consuming its host from the inside out and presenting itself externally. It started to jump between species, and then eventually… Made its way to humans.

Obviously the start of this apocalypse is VERY similar to the Last of Us. I didn't intend for it to be but after some surface level research of parasites and Entomopathogenic Fungi, I soon realized that Cordyceps were the fungi that inspired the fungal zombies in the game. But I have never played the game or watched the show (I want to! So no spoilers please). I just really am into ecology and entomology and the way parasites and fungi can infect specifically bugs is very interesting for me and that why I thought of doing something for this idea

I left the beginning vague on purpose and probably confusing, I have my own ideas that I can contribute but I also would love to hear more about any ideas that you may have in general. Some ideas that I want and would love to incorporate is like eldritch horrors and cults that praise the fungi. Although, I want this to be a POST-Apocalyptic, we can have a couple of back and forth in the beginning if we must. But I want this to all be in the future, 100+ years later after the first fungal infection reached humans. I’d love to talk more about it and what we can come up with.

Now enough about the idea! So a little bit about me.

• My name is Fishy, I've been roleplaying on and off for about 10 years! Favorite genres of mine are fantasy, horror, action and ooooo~ romance.
  • I only really roleplay in 3rd POV and tend to not make exceptions. I use a multi-para format and my length does tend to vary as I match my partners. I can write to as little as 1 paragraph to 10 paragraphs (or 200 - 800 words on a regular basis). I can sometimes write more as I LOVE exposition writing because I find it a good way to practice world building.
  • Love! Love! Worldbuilding and character building, I’m trying to make my characters more and more realistic, not having them being a one trick pony for everything. Of course don’t get me wrong, love silly little roleplays and nonrealistic ideas and characters, just depends.
  • I don’t use face claims that I found on the internet and will always draw my characters, or just write out what they look like. I don’t care what you do, just please don’t expect me to send a photo 100% of the time.
  • For romance, love sapphic romances, and will much prefer including those types of relationships vs. mxm.
  • I don’t like to discriminate based on gender, so don’t make me start please <3.
  • I love OOC banter! I will usually just go crazy sometimes when talking esp. With my ideas and why I chose them.

Requirements!

• I’m not too picky, and will make exceptions, just please, just communicate
  • I don’t have any length requirement, quality over quantity. I don’t expect you to match my response length but just give me something to respond to.
  • Please be into worldbuilding and character creation. I hate being into something that we are supposed to create together and am given no contributions. It is the fastest way for me to drop someone. (It’s okay if you don’t have an idea at the moment, but just be up-front.)
  • I also prefer someone that can respond a couple times a week and if it’s gonna be awhile let me know, I understand life gets in the way so if it takes forever for you to respond, don’t worry, I’ll still be there.
    • As well, don’t be afraid of saying you lost interest, rather you say that then permanently ghost.
  • No Minors!

Thank you for reading! If you're at all still interested, please don't hesitate to let me know. Please send me a little bit about yourself, a writing sample, and what you'd like to add to the idea/

Honestly if you're still reading past this point, and don't think you'd like to do a post apocalyptic world, we could do something fantasy themed! As I love a good fantasy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back