Other Fun Writing Prompts!

Monday

Formerly Vulpes lagopus.
Alright, so I had three ideas a while back that I thought would make good writing prompts, and have finally gotten around to posting them.

Prompt one:

Two of your characters from different roleplays suddenly find themselves together in a blank white room. What happens next is up to you. There can be a few props there, or nothing at all, and the explanation for the place is completely up to you (limbo? a dream? interdimensional kidnapping? etc.)- just make sure the focus is kept on character interactions. This isn't a worldbuilding exercise. It's meant to give two characters who would otherwise never meet a chance to interact. So just throw together a pair you think would have an interesting dynamic, and have at it!

Prompt two:

You wake up in unfamiliar surroundings. Somehow, you've traveled to the future, where for some reason everyone keeps calling you "Supreme Leader". You try to tell them they're mistaken, but they won't have it, so you do some research on what has happened since your time to find out who the real Supreme Leader is. As it turns out, they're your typical psychotic, genocidal dictator- but they're also unmistakably, undeniably you. What on earth happened? Why would you do something like this? And most importantly... have you been granted a second chance? (Whether you return to the present, stay in the future, or end your entry before then is up to you.)

Prompt three:

Your future self travels back in time to the present, intending to kill you. Their motives are up to you. You need to convince them to keep you alive, before it's too late. Can you outsmart yourself?

So, yeah! I hope you guys have fun with these. I'll respond myself at some point. You can do any one of the prompts, or all three, as many times as you want. There's no word limit or minimum; just keep it to one prompt per post and make sure to specify which one you're doing at the top. If you have any questions, just PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back