• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Should I add more slots so more people should join, or should I keep it as a four person rp?

• Keep it at 4 people!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add a few more!

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

This is a found family, post apocalyptic story idea. :)

MokaChan

The Affectionate, Yet Stubborn One
20210716_095120.jpg
[Concept art belongs to Naughty Dog!]

[Most of this is taken from my "You & Me" RQ post because I wanted to put my boy, Arthur, in an alt au.]

It was December 15th of the year 2012 when the outbreak had reached a critical state, spreading across the globe in a matter of days. The virus had the same name as the brain-manipulating fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis. It had the exact same effects as the fungus and had once only affected ants and then somehow spread into the humans' brains. Though the infection had been rising in intensity for days, it had reached such a state when people began to be administered to hospitals. The infection spread quickly in the cities, eventually being confirmed to have spread nationwide.

Eventually, a state of national emergency was declared. The Army and the National Guard were deployed quickly in the early hours of the morning. They blocked the highways, having set up different bases for frightened residents to run to for some refuge. News networks tried their best to inform the people of these safe areas, but many had been forced off the air shortly after the start of the outbreak. Several of the infected patients had somehow escaped from the nearby hospitals and attacked the people who had been trapped on the highway due to the high amount of traffic.

Much of the cities had soon erupted into complete chaos due to the outbreak. Police cars had rushed to various areas in the cities, set up various roadblocks to contain citizens who they believed to be infected. However their attempts at keeping the chaos at a minimum was for naught, for they were overrun by the infected citizens. Buildings were set soon on fire, some having even exploded due to gas leaks despite the Army's efforts to intervene, and the Army dropped various nuclear bombs to stop the overrun areas.

The outside country areas of the city had been much more quiet. Many of the residents had fled towards the city due to the advice on the radio and television, all were unaware of the chaotic events occurring at the time. Soon, those areas were overrun and people turned. Many of the citizens attempted to escape by driving their vehicles down the highways, but they were clogged up by traffic.

Nearly all of humanity across the globe had died in the days that followed.

It's now been a year since the initial outbreak. Four survivors met up in unlikely circumstances and they decided to work together against the rising groups. Two adults and two kids. Both adults had been wary of one another, but once they saw each had a child, they knew they could trust each other- to some degree.They have to fight off the infected, which continue to grow in number, find supplies to live on, but people are protecting their stores and what's not been raided are dwindling, and they'll come to find that not every survivor is as kind as some others they meet in the long run. Factions and groups have already begun to form and almost anyone can join them- if they pull their weight. With the winter weather lingering, what will they do to survive?

What will our four survivors do? Where will they go? What sort of people will they meet? Will they manage to make it alive?

[°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°]

« Additional Information »

What is Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis?

"A parasitic fungus known to manipulate the brains of ants doesn't make slavelike "zombies" out of any old host. Instead, the microorganism is somehow able to recognize the brains of different ant species, and releases its mind-controlling chemical cocktail only when in its preferred host, new research shows. ... Fungi of the genus Ophiocordyceps — so-called zombie ant fungi — need ants to complete their life cycle. When an ant comes across fungal spores while foraging, the fungus infects the insect and quickly spreads throughout its body."

Credit: (Redirect Notice ... rains.html)

The Ophi Zombies:

Possible Nicknames: Zombies, Infected, Ophies, O-Z's, etc. (Make one up if you'd like.)

There will be different types as for appearance:

1) The people who were just turned will have no eyelids, their lips will possibly be peeled off, and they will have large fungi growing or sticking out of their head in different places. There may be some other fungus on other places on their body. They can both see and hear you.
2) The people who have been turned for 2-3 months will have much more fungus grown on them. Their heads will possibly be close to being completely covered and there may be holes on their body, where some fungus may have fallen or been torn off. Their eyes may have maximized in number, having grown extra all throughout their bodies or they might be half blind. They will be able to hear you, but might not be able to see as well.
3) The people who had been turned in 7-10 months will have much more fungus and odd skin growths all throughout their bodies. Their clothing will possibly have been torn by all the fungus and strange skin growths. Some may be completely blind or half blind. Their tongues and noses have an enhanced sense. They can hear, smell, and possibly see you.
4) The people who have been infected for a year or more may be completely covered by the fungus and strange growths. Their entire body may have mutated into something else. Say, if one does not have any eyes, they would have a much larger nose and ears like a bat, or if they have a broken spine, then they would have somehow figured out/mutated a way to crawl like a crab on all fours, some may have found a way to make their outer fungi skeleton into a type of armour, or oroduced different sized eyeballs all over their bodies, etc. Depending on the type, they might be able to see, hear, or smell you.

Aside from humans, only a select few animals can be infected by this virus. I'd be happy to discuss what animals will be infected with the group, if/when it forms! :D

The World's Scenery:

Unlike in my You & Me story, the world is not covered with plant life and it's only set a year after the initial outbreak. Things still look like they do today, aside from the many craters created by bombs. There are still buildings that have been blown to pieces and most roads will be blocked off by an assortment of cars and makeshift walls.

The World [Continued]:

Electricity still works in certain areas. Most cars can still run and have not rotted, the only thing is that they'll need gas, which gets stolen quite frequently. Most of the stores have been raided, but there's still much more available. Supplies and food are still dwindling, however.

The World [Groups]:

Groups and mini civilizations have taken form and most were created after a few months after the outbreak. Some have been around for longer, while others have not.

The Knights:

This is a organization that has people sent out small groups into the surrounding cities close to their settlement. The entire association is made of men. They usually kill random survivors to either get their belongings, supplies, or to eat them. Yes, these men are cannibals. They have a very large section of a city sealed off and there are a shit-ton of these dudes runnin' around.
They will possibly be the main antagonists of this story.

The Patriots:

This organization of people is just as big as the Knights. They are mostly made up of old military officials, soldiers, etc. The survivors in the Patriots do have a tendency to think they are better than everyone else. Although, despite their thick-headedness, there are survivors who have large hearts and will possibly try to help others when there is a very good reason why. They often fight with the other settlements-- especially the Knights and whoever decides to come around their settlement. Their settlement is located near the mountains, in a suburb area. There are many deserted neighborhoods where they live and their main base is surrounded by a large wall made up of iron slabs and sheet metal. They also have mini stations set up throughout the US and are still looking for a cure for the virus.

(We can add more during the story!)

Character Sheet Submission Thread:

OOC Thread:
[TBD.]

Roleplay Thread:
[TBD.]

If you'd like to do a 11x1of this plot with me, feel free to shoot me a pm!

Roles Taken:

Adults:

1) Moka
2) Reserved for Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

Children:

1) Reserved for Huffy Huffy
2) Reserved for AI10100 AI10100
3) Reserved for WriterxWolfie WriterxWolfie

Last edited:
This looks like a great rp idea!! I'd love to join, if there's any room left.

Edit: please let me know if I should go ahead and submit a character bio, or if I should wait for futher information.

Last edited:
I could take a role if your still looking
This looks like a great rp idea!! I'd love to join, if there's any room left.

Edit: please let me know if I should go ahead and submit a character bio, or if I should wait for futher information.

Which role would you guys like to be? I'll add one more child & one more adult, or two more children depending on which you'd like to do!

Last edited:
Also the children are accompanying the adults right? Is it a familial sort of thing or just the kids got picked up and they stuck together ever since?

Also the children are accompanying the adults right? Is it a familial sort of thing or just the kids got picked up and they stuck together ever since?
That's a good question! I was gonna discuss that with you guys in the OOC.

Originally I was gonna have them get picked up at random and the adults had met a kid separately before both of them met up.

Oohh I see, I'm up for anything really. I still gotta find an age-appropriate FC lmao

By realistic do you mean realistic art style or real people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back