• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [FULL/CLOSED] 𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗡 - A Futuristic Pilgrimage, Small Group Search!

Fortuna

A Little Lucky 🍀

OMEN

The Summons

Time was never a linear system.

As the end of the 224th cycle approaches, the prescient Augers (seer) from the Five Realms have professed the names of the Chosen Ones who must travel to Odem, home of the infamous Avatar of Pain. While it was regarded as the highest prestige that any living being could obtain, the equivalent burden was the sacrifice of four lives at the termination of their journey. Yet, for the remaining survivor, the spoils of victory meant the acquisition of their most paramount desire.

Limitless power. Unparalleled wealth. The subjugation of an entire planet. The reincarnation of a dead lover. The forbidden knowledge of the future. All of what seems impossible was made certain under the Messor’s power, if the Chosen Ones answered it’s call.

The time has come. Your name was proclaimed.

Will you risk it all to fulfill your destiny?

Plot

The main story will revolve around the journey of the Chosen Ones to Odem and their ultimate confrontation with the Avatar of Pain, the Messor.

The journey will be broken into three major parts.

First, the preparation, is a training of the Chosen Ones by the Augers because the journey is a dangerous one. They’ll be taught basic combat and introduced to the type of challenges that they can expect in Odem.

The second will be the actual journey and trying to survive the challenges, pitfalls, and traps of the island. Odem is a planet that feeds on death so everyone will have to be on their toes.

The third and most important part is where everyone probably will either band together or split apart when they confront the Messor. Think of this like The Hunger Games or Squid Games, but with the added strain of an extra boss to fight.

Rules

I’m looking for 2-4 long term players who’ll hopefully stick by me until we finish the third part. Who knows maybe we can even do a spin off or sequel afterwards? ^ ^

I’m not a stickler for word count, but I do appreciate some consideration for grammar and punctuation so everyone will be able to read and respond to each other. Write to heart’s content!

In terms of activity and post frequency, I’m aiming for one post a week from everyone. But it’s not set in stone. Since this will most likely be slow-paced, I don’t mind waiting if you need more time. No biggie! I can be slow too so there’s no pressure.

The only thing that I have a strict preference for is face claims. Since it’s taking place in a sci-fi world, I’d prefer art, drawn images, or anime. It’s just more suitable for the aesthetics.

At the moment, I’m only taking one character per person. If the opportunity for more characters arise, we can definitely open it up. If this gains more interest as well, we can double up the characters in pairs and have two representatives from one realm.

I’m also hoping that the smaller group will allow everyone to get to know and plot with each other in ooc so no one feels left behind.

If you’re interested, please be sure to include which Realm you’d like to represent as it’ll be one Chosen One per Realm. This way it’s also easier for everyone to see which role has already been taken.

The Five Realms

Just a short summary of the Realms so you can get an idea about each one. I’ll post an in-depth lore guide in the following days. ^ ^

AME (The Empyrean Realm) was the embodiment of light. Homes to the enlightened ones. It was an unbound, natural utopia built upon the foundation of peace. Minimal and quite utilitarian. It’s central ethos built upon the ideals of meditation. (RESERVED: kurukurupa)

ORCUS (The Abyssal Realm) was the embodiment of darkness and desires. There was never a dull moment in this world for no such rules exist that govern its inhabitants. If there was something you wished to take, it was all but yours to take. If it’s a place of unbound freedom you wished to live, you must be prepared for the chaos and madness it exerts from within. (RESERVED: Ayama)

MAAT (Realm of Ordinance) was the embodiment of justice. This world ran like clockwork. Routine regimented and ruled by discipline. Life was quite militaristic in this world. As the greatest preservers of order, there was no room for individuality. Those who don’t abide by the rules by their own volition will be made to follow by force. (RESERVED: Thropian)

VANIR (Realm of Innovation) was the embodiment of knowledge. Perhaps the most advanced of the Six Realms, this world greatly benefits from the studies and experiments conducted by it’s citizens. With automation and technology, the number of biological species is trumped by their mechanical counterparts. (RESERVED: Prismere)

TENOCH (Realm of Life) was the embodiment of growth and health. While Vanir might be teeming with machines, the world of Tenoch was left the most untouched. Slow to adapt and much more communal, Tenoch hosts the most biologically diverse species due to the purity of their land. Yet, one-third of the planet is desolate and free from growth due to the events of the First Corruption. (TAKEN: Fortuna)

The Abandoned Realm

ODEM (Realm of Death) was once part of the realm of Tenoch. Before the First Corruption, it was said that Odem was full of water and provided a healing essence from its many lakes and rivers. It provided many visitors brief respite from its soothing qualities. It was often the site for miracles and a place where most people spoke of their dreams in hopes they will be fulfilled. Unfortunately, those are but a distant memory to the Elders of Tenoch.

Current day Odem requires both tenacity and quick wit for survival. The planet is the living embodiment of aggression and ultimately death. Everything in this planet is hostile and will actively try to kill you if the Messor doesn’t get to you first.

Thanks!

If this sounds like your type of story or if you have any questions, feel free to comment or message me! If not, I wish you good luck on your search! ^ ^

The main inspirations for the rp include:
Hyperion by Dan Simmons​
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins​
Genshin Impact by miHoYo​

Last edited:
Hm, intriguing premise. I'm tentatively interested in playing the character from Orcus, as long as the OOC isn't on Discord?

Hm, intriguing premise. I'm tentatively interested in playing the character from Orcus, as long as the OOC isn't on Discord?

Thank you so much for your interest! I’m pretty new to Discord so we’ll have OOC here on site since I’m not entirely sure how to run servers on there yet. ^ ^;

I hope that helps! Thanks again!

Hello everyone! Some of the lore is up. I’m still working on fleshing out a few things (including writing an individual post for each realm), but I’ll post updates here and on the ooc. Thanks for your patience! :D

Interested, possibly as the Maat chosen. Given the interplanetary feel going, non-human is acceptable?

Definitely! Some previews of what races are going to be include:

PROMETHEANS - Aliens with biological forms.

XxJUHhu.jpg

SPIRITWALKERS - Primodial beings of elemental forms.

9rlBnhm.jpg

SYNTHETICS - Mechanized units with ranging conscious intelligence.

3xWeTw6.jpg

POST-HUMANS - Descendants of humans. Can be simply human, have mutant variants, or have mechanical enhancements.

2QLEdWR.jpg

BEAST-KIN - Animals with an evolved form of consciousness.

Hio8XAy.jpg

Thanks for your interest! I’ll note it down! :D

Hi!!

Interested in repping for Tenoch!!

Hello there! I just wanted to say I’m actually going to be playing the Chosen from Tenoch. You’re more than welcome to the other two open characters which are the Chosen from Ames or Vanir. Thanks for your interest! ^ ^

Hello there! I just wanted to say I’m actually going to be playing the Chosen from Tenoch. You’re more than welcome to the other two open characters which are the Chosen from Ames or Vanir. Thanks for your interest! ^ ^
K thx. I'll see if i can't come up with a concept for those places first then k?

K thx. I'll see if i can't come up with a concept for those places first then k?

No worries! If you have any questions, you can also ask or message.

To give a little more context, Ame is a realm of light in both the physical sense and the philosophical sense. The citizens from that realm value peace and harmony. They meditate often to reach a place of enlightenment. Their planet is actually formed like a big zen garden. Mountains enclosing vast oceans with small floating cities in the middle.

As for Vanir, I don’t know if you‘ve caught up a bit of the history in the lore, but it’s quite technologically advanced. Machines, for the most part, do all the brunt work. Post-humans, among other races, who populate this area are apt to academics. There’s plenty of labs and institutions to allow people to learn. The most common trait of the Vanir citizens is curiosity.

I hope that helps a bit to explain it! ^ ^

Last edited:
BUMPING! We still need 2 Chosen Ones.

All the Lore and Character Sheets are open! ^ ^

Very interested and would I be able to reserve Ame? Sounds really fascinating

Very interested and would I be able to reserve Ame? Sounds really fascinating

Absolutely! The Chosen of Ame is all yours! In my mind, an Amean warrior monk would be kind of cool, but it’s all totally up to you. I’m excited to see how you’ll create them! ^ ^

Do you have an OOC up?

We do! ^ ^

Here’s our RP Links:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back