• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ManicMuse

I ax-o-lotl questions.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
FROZEN SICK
THE DOUBLE BLIND ADVENTURE
DND5E
ROLEPLAY
STORYTELLING
Code by Serobliss
URGON
Welcome to the tutorial, Handler.
Let's get started with the basics, shall we? It'll be important for your future endeavors. Tap on the buttons above to get started.
  • 「 INTRO 」
    PLOT
    Your group as been on an expedition for nearly a year. Much of that time was spent exploring Eiselcross, knowns as a part of the islands ominously nicknamed the Biting North. Finally, you are all heading home. However, Urgon persuaded you all to first come to Palebank Village. With promises to assist you with fetching great deals with the local merchants, flowing food and drink. The plan is to spend a few days in Palebank for a week before heading off to your respective lands.

However, in the last stretch of your journey, you were caught up in a battle between bandits and yourselves, setting off an avalanche. Luckily, this caused a scouting group from the village to come out and thankfully recover everyone. Though oddly, it was quickly found that bandits and adventures alike, you all have no memories. Urgon being a local of the village, was recognized. While his memory is also gone, his family can care for him. While your identities remain unknown, they were able to piece together your names from letters that had been sent home over the last year. Your party has all been moved to one group room in the inn, while the suspected criminals have been confined to another group room in the inn.

CHARACTER TWIST
    Unlike most games, you do not get to make your character. You, like your character, do not know who or what you are. You do get input on what you would like to play. There will be a preference sheet, but I am making your character.

You, both in-game and out, get to learn about your character. Adds a bit of fun to the game. Once you 'remember' details about your character, you can add them to your character sheet.

COMBAT SYSTEM
    Theater of mind is great for many things. I do not find combat to be one of them. I will upload game maps to provide the layout of battles to assist in coordinating engagement. Combat is turn-based, with each person's turn reflecting 10 seconds of time. I find it important to note this because there are limits to what is physically possible to fit into a single turn. The game mechanics do assist with the limitation breakdown. Having a physical map also assists with breaking down the movement, reach, area of effect, etc. If you are new to DnD do not panic, it is rather simple once you get into it. It just looks overwhelming from the outside.
「 INTRO 」
「 ABOUT 」
「 RULES 」
OST 1 — MAIN THEME
TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD
=

TBD

TBD

ManicMuse ManicMuse

*Raises hand* Are half-orcs allowed?! Or are preference considerations geared more towards class desires?

Also, what is the posting rate you're hoping for?
I will have you fill out a preference sheet. It will likely be the top three classes and races you wish to play. Half-orcs are allowed. I prefer not to put race restrictions in so long its official content. There has been a lot of fun new stuff released in the last year or so. Its been fun to see what people come up with.

Posting-wise, I am hopeful for everyone to post weekly. That will also depend on the number of players we can rope in. I feel a week's rotation for posts is fair, but we will be at the mercy of the holidays either way.

I will have you fill out a preference sheet. It will likely be the top three classes and races you wish to play. Half-orcs are allowed. I prefer not to put race restrictions in so long its official content. There has been a lot of fun new stuff released in the last year or so. Its been fun to see what people come up with.

Posting-wise, I am hopeful for everyone to post weekly. That will also depend on the number of players we can rope in. I feel a week's rotation for posts is fair, but we will be at the mercy of the holidays either way.
Lots of creative and interesting races for sure!

Thanks! I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Seeking two more players.
Dance Dancing GIF

I hope your game goes well. I hate dnd games seem to die around the first combat encounter on this site.

I hope your game goes well. I hate dnd games seem to die around the first combat encounter on this site.
So far so good. Honestly, I play all the time with my friends in RL. We let games drop all the time. More important to have a fun outlet for me. I can always start up a new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back