• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Frozen Hell (Apocalypse World 2E)

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
ruins-romance-of-the-apocalypse-romantically-apocalyptic-ruins-engineer-loneliness-snow-lightn...jpg

The End came. It destroyed everything. Few live who remember it. If they do, they don’t talk about it. People have found things from the past—broken things made of dreams and fantasy. They say there was once a Golden Age.

Bullshit.

That’s just talk. Doesn’t matter anyway. We live in a shit-pile now. Survival is the name of the game. It’s all that matters.

When The End came, it turned the world upside down. That’s what they say. It left a frozen wasteland behind it. Some places your skin turns to ice in seconds. Even the Devil Storms don’t go there.

But there’s worse: people. They ride out of the horizon with guns and blades and murder. If you’re lucky you’re already dead. If not, well... Just don’t get taken.

Me? I keep to my hole. I scrounge what can. I make jingle where I can. I live where I can. In the end I’ll die too.

But not before I’ve spilled my blood in the snow of this frozen hell.

Devil Storms have mercy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frozen Hell is an Apocalypse World 2E game set in a wasteland of snow and ice. To find out more about the game system Apocalypse World, check out the website here.

Going to keep interest open for this or any AW game. Someday, this will happen again.

The players don't even need the rules! They just need to pick a playbook from the list. I've attached them.

Attachments

• Apocalypse World Basic Refbook 2nd Ed.pdf
    808.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Apocalypse World Extended Playbooks 2nd Ed.pdf
    573 KB · Views: 5
I'd be interested!
I've never played a tabletop game, so I'm an absolute greenhorn when it comes to it. If you're willing to accept someone whose willing to learn. :' )

I'd be interested!
I've never played a tabletop game, so I'm an absolute greenhorn when it comes to it. If you're willing to accept someone whose willing to learn. :' )
Oh yeah, for sure. I'd love to have you play! You don't even need the book. It's a simple and incredibly effective game and it's basically structured free-form. I have a feeling you'll really enjoy it.

I think I'm going to go with the skinner.
Ah yes. Skinners. A good time. One of my favorite characters I played in an AW game was a skinner. She ended up taking over a very large organization without a drop of blood spilled.

I actually think we can start with you two, which will be a good way to learn. I'll keep a spot open of Teh Frixz Teh Frixz for when she's able to make it. She's one of my favorite AW players.

So, Ronan Ronan , how you make a character is you choose what's called a "playbook" from the files I shared above. I'll re-attach them here. Basically, the playbook is meant to be everything you need to play. So, you choose from any of the playbooks listed in those files. Generally, there aren't repeats allowed, but if you find that the Skinner really is more your jam, we'll allow it since this is your first game.

This game is not predetermined in anyway and is a "play to find out" type of story game. Meaning, I will not give you a plot. You will drive the story with your play through your RP and "moves" that you make with your character.

I'm making it sound way more complicated than it is. Really, everything flows from RP. You'll see. So, take a look at the playbooks, read their descriptions, and choose one you like the sound of. They're all awesome and so fun to play.

Attachments

• Apocalypse World Basic Refbook 2nd Ed.pdf
    808.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Apocalypse World Extended Playbooks 2nd Ed.pdf
    573 KB · Views: 1
Ooh, I might play a Savvyhead. I have an old character I've been wanting to re-use for awhile and they fit nicely into the Savvyhead description. :' )

Is this still open? I was part of an AW game a while back that died, and I'd love to try it again.
Absolutely. We’d love to have you. And that will definitely bring us to the right number of players to start.

Ooh, I might play a Savvyhead. I have an old character I've been wanting to re-use for awhile and they fit nicely into the Savvyhead description. :' )
Great choice. Savvyheads can find out a lot about the Maelstrom and the world at large.

So, to make your character, you follow the step-by-step instructions in the playbook under “creating a Savvyhead...”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back