• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy From whence we came. (OC based fantasy sol rp)

Who are you?
What have you become?

Do you remember……what you used to be?

Hello, folk of Rpnation! I’m Arcane, you can call me Arc, or literally whatever you want. Even though I have a decent amount of experience rping, I’m still quite new to Rpnation, so I’d like to thank you for taking the time to go through my post!
I had this idea in mind, something of a fantasy slice of life, mostly based on the lives of veterans of war who lost everything to it. My idea initially was to make the original 6 based on DnD classes, but I think it’d be better I just let you guys decide! Want to be an artificer who lost his eyes, and roams the world, full of knowledge, but no way to show it? Sure. Want to be a sword saint who lost their reason to swing their sword, may that be from betrayal or tragedy? Of course!
They’re all free to be whoever you want them to be. Who are they now? Who do you want them to become?
The basic story (and partial shared backstory, up for change and debate) is :-

The Knights of the Scarlet Guard. The last gleaming wall of defense against the forces of terror during the rule of the final king of Emeriss, Viktor Elewyn of the North. Despite being a meager group of 6 elites, each of them show extreme power, able to last against armies on their own, and when together, have fought back against multiple powerful nations, tribes, and terrorist organizations, all for the sake of the Emeriss empire and its people.
But then ascended the demons. Who were they? Where did they come from? No one knew.
They attacked the Emeriss empire and the nation beyond it, ruthlessly slaughtering the citizens, tearing down the sacred harmony the Knights had worked so hard to protect.
What did they leave?
Nothing.
The gleaming Knights of the empire were the only ones left alive. The curse that came with immense power. Does one wish to be alive amongst the void of death and destruction? Why? For what? For who?

“This shall be my final order for the noble Knights of the Scarlet Guard.” Viktor had said, unsheathing his sword as he looked down upon his smoldering empire, tears flooding the eyes of the great ruler. “Lay your lives on the line, and protect this nation.....”

After a decade of fighting, running and grieving, the Knights finally won. They won the war against the Demons. As the King of Demons breaths his last breath, the Knights watch as the skies part, and the gods descend upon the Knights.
“For thy bravery, the gods shalt reward thee, noble Knights. From now, death shalt bother you no more. Thou shalt live forever. Forever young.” They had said. “Rejoice, noble knights.”

Immortality. A blessing or a curse, that’s for us to decide.

I would love to have 6 people play the original 6 (though a one on one is fine too, we just have to choose as to what we should do with the other 4 Knights, as in, to discard or to play.), and I plan to have a discord server where we could discuss who interacts with who, and have different arcs, and maybe even have them all reunite for a ptsd inducing encounter with the demons.
Romantic scenes and themes are ok, but in no way the focus of this rp. If romance happens, it happens, if not, we don’t force it (Lgbtq+ ships are absolutely welcome)
I prefer 18+, and with reasonably good grammar (yknow, like proper punctuation, spelling, etc.) . Experience doesn’t particularly matter. I’m here to learn myself, after all.
If you’re interested, place let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas, suggestions, and of course, ultimately rp with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back