• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building From The Ground Up [OOC/Information]

I plan to join this maybe... but I do have a question. Why dont we just call it Rome?
You should, it is pretty fun. To answer your question: Not quite sure why, we do know that Rome was founded by Romulus, but a quick google search does not reveal if the city was also called Romulus in the early days. However, I don't think anyone will object if you refer to it as Rome.

Still not sure if I'm going to join this. I've kind of quit the site save one or two rps but I might change that to quitting the site except for this section.

Well, if this is still going I would very much would like to join.
Preferably as a member of The Church, as no one seems to have picked it.
How can The People find spiritual guidance, if there is no one to lead them on such path?

Well, if this is still going I would very much would like to join.
Preferably as a member of The Church, as no one seems to have picked it.
How can The People find spiritual guidance, if there is no one to lead them on such path?
This is definitely still going, however, we have sort of transitioned away from having a Church to having three religious sects that worship Pluto, Neptune and Jupiter, respectively. Perhaps you could choose to decide the actions of one of those sects. Mars is also associated with Romulus, especially the military, but does not have a sect.

Do these three sects have any proper organization? For example, are there different churches for each sect, or do all believers congregate under one order where everyone can pray to their own god? Is there one "Pope" that speaks for all three gods, or does each sect have a different leader? Are there conflicts between the population, or is following a different god accepted between men?

Do these three sects have any proper organization? For example, are there different churches for each sect, or do all believers congregate under one order where everyone can pray to their own god? Is there one "Pope" that speaks for all three gods, or does each sect have a different leader? Are there conflicts between the population, or is following a different god accepted between men?
Yes there is proper organization with a chain of command and different divisions responsible for specific activities such as espionage or combat, each sect has different beliefs that correspond with the values of their deity. For example, followers of Neptune would mostly have influence on naval affairs. They are all separate and have a certain degree of rivalry, to join a sect you devote your life to it, sort of like a secret society. The general populace worships all the gods, while these sects deem their particular God as the most important. Right now, we are slowly building up the plot, but things seem to be heading to the point where the two political candidates are each supported by a group of influential people (could be one of the sects, hasn't been revealed yet.) If you do decide to take control of one of the sects, you can do what you want. This is what has been suggested before:
Instead of The Church, I think we could have different factions of religion each centering on a certain Roman god or goddess. Since you mentioned there would be fantasy involved, we can have it so that the factions have influence on what goes around around them. For example, followers of Neptune would have lots of influence over naval matters and such. Alternatively, we could just have 3 main factions of Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto (also maybe Mars?) which had enormous influence and we as RPs would try to gain their favor. Unless, we can find two more people to each represent a faction they would all be controlled by you.

IDK anyways I am currently involved in a pretty big roleplay that needs a good bit of attention...

IDK anyways I am currently involved in a pretty big roleplay that needs a good bit of attention...
Yeah? What is it about? Might be interested if it has a similar premise to this.

Also you should probably edit a message instead of posting a new one right after it, might help prevent getting banned for spamming.

Actually it is not a nation building roleplay at all it is known as Academy of the Forest and it is a fantasy rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back