• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern From the Ashes- OCC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm not sure how I feel about that particular fighting style it seems useful against muggers and insurgents but against another trained military personnel - it seems most of the combat is focused on catching the other person off guard because they're being stupid with their hands/arms. I'm having a hard time imagining what a fight between say... Marine and a Green Beret would look like.

Also when I said I didn't know much about martial arts it mostly has to do with terminology of moves and the break down of said moves; I couldn't describe the mechanics of a grapple take down for instance.

I apologize for my confusion and it's not just chokes, locks, grapples etc, it does have punches, kicks, uppercuts, etc etc. Also, the spars between Sam and John don't have to include ya know that stuff.

Personally a fan of Krav Maga for hand to hand combat:

Since it has boxing/kick-boxing elements

Yea, Krav Maga is favorite of mine too, I mostly like the HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts), I just like weapons in general and weapon combat in general.

Rinse and repeat until elbows are used.
If elbows don't work...
the-answer-use-a-gun-and-if-that-dont-work-use-more-gun.jpg

sotty guys fell asleep starting IC now.

On the topic of martial arts. Mark is actually well versed in Boxing, Aikido, greco roman wrestling, and his medical knowledge grants him skills in anatomy and kinesiology. The limp he has actually prevents him from being as good as he could be

Cole on the other hand has no real styles to speak of. But his instincts, power, durability, and flexibility make him a wonderful combatant who regularly handles more skilled foes if they arent careful.

Why are there no crops to sustain the camp? The autumn harvest would tide them through winter, and fishing could tide them through the other seasons.

Why are there no crops to sustain the camp? The autumn harvest would tide them through winter, and fishing could tide them through the other seasons.
Because
A. we arent a clan of farmers but nomads.
B. Winter just ended and this far north and with the environment harshening it is a rather brutal winter akin to the recent polar vortex.
C. We have only been at our current location for two weeks. Anything that has been planted is a ways off from being ready.

Also just to get an idea of where we are.

TraverseMap.jpg
traverse-city-aerial.jpg
The last one is an aerial view. But get rid of most buildings and structures save for a a few downtown buildings and the lighthouse at the end of the penninsula.

As for fishing its not really that easy. Taking boats out over open water is very very dangerous. The mutated fish have become pretty damned big and dangerous. The smaller ones are closer to the coast so net fishing and line fishing is possible. But the numbers of viable fish for eating are pretty low, and the camp couldnt sustain its population off of what they could get from the shore alone.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

As for fishing its not really that easy. Taking boats out over open water is very very dangerous. The mutated fish have become pretty damned big and dangerous. The smaller ones are closer to the coast so net fishing and line fishing is possible. But the numbers of viable fish for eating are pretty low, and the camp couldnt sustain its population off of what they could get from the shore alone.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb
What about non-combatants? How are they surviving after we leave?

Most non combatants fish, make gear, and are teaching or being educated, barter and trade etc. Scavengers gather gear from afar and bring it back. While guardians keep the non combatants safe and are basically the military.

Scouts are the elites who explore the area's before the main group moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back