• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern From the Ashes-IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sam recoiled in pain from being slammed into the ground, letting out some grunts and groans as he turned over, his chest facing the ground.. "Haha... well, you did say that although I expected you to stay more to punches and kicks, I guess I should've seen that one coming." Sam said as he grabbed Thomas' hand and lifted himself off the ground and pushed his back forward with his left arm. "Ooooh, I think you just slammed a cramp I had in my back, how did that get there?" Sam wondered, that could've been a vertebrae but it didn't hurt enough to warrant fear."Yea, guess the spar took up a bit of my time, I'll go get the mold, it's in my backpack." He let go of Thomas' hand and entered the tent, he returned outside and handed Thomas the mold for the ammo he uses with his sniper rifle, it was a mold for FMJBT rounds, nothing special typical sniper rifle ammo used before the cosmic storms screwed everything up.

WeaselThor WeaselThor AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Anaïs was still ripping up sheets into bandages. This one however was covered in pink and Disney princesses looking characters. It was going to be her 'you're stupid' bandage. She was probably half way through her bottle of wine and the effects were taking effect, luckily it wasn't showing in her work... yet. Anaïs didn't have a gun, she always wanted to avoid them when possible, and usually when guns were involved she needed to be focused on people getting shot, not being the one who shoots. "Should have stretched before fighting~" She commented, her voice rather sing song-y with a rip of the fabric. Finally she was done! She finished folding the fabric and packed them up into an old zip lock bag, and then placed it into her backpack. She rummaged through her bag to pull out a sharpening stone; and proceeded to scrape her dagger against it, just so it could be as sharp as it could be.

After the final blow a large majority of the crowd seemed to celebrate and an almost equal portion groaned at the dismay that they'd have to forfeit their valuables. John was panting still holding onto Sam's leg. He smiled through quickened breath.

"Looks like you gave back to the community anyway."

"I resent that comment ma'am." Thomas said stepping out of the Squad 3 tent holding his own bottle with a cheeky grin. "Just in time too, we are getting ready to ship out for a long trip. For once you might not have enough gear with ya." he wore a grin that said he was already a bit tipsy but he had some time befor the smelter did its job. He scanned the gathering and laughed when he noticed what happened. "Careful now john you go tootin your own horn too hard and cole might want a crack at ya. I hear he has been slacking though so you may have a chance there." he held his hand out to sam to help him up then turned back to Karma. "In all seriousness, we are heading to Texas, do you need any ammo made? I got the smelter running and if you got a mold i can stock ya up." he spoke in his usual lax tone though he seemed to glance off into the distance for a moment before shaking his head lightly and refocusing on his crew.
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian D U H D U H AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

John staggered back from the fight, letting go of Sam's leg - the adrenaline had pretty much flushed most of the alcohol he drank into his digestion tract by now. He wiped his forehead of blood with his wrist briefly before bringing the collar of his shirt up and wiping the rest of it up. He looked up at Thomas as he came out.

"Yeah well wouldn't be the first time - we're petty enough without me tooting my own horn haha"

John said before squating down and brushing the cold sweat from his face. Turning his eyes to the ground and then to Thomas once again

"Hey, if you wouldn't mind there's a small container on the table where I keep my tools - my mold is in there if you wouldn't mind. It's a bit bigger, different ammo types."

He had hardly noticed Karma during the fight - he was so focused on being the first to get Sam down he hadn't even realized she was cussing them out until now. Way too late he responded

"I wasn't drunk, I was tipsy"

He did the 👈 hand gesture at Karma for comedic effect.

Sam recoiled in pain from being slammed into the ground, letting out some grunts and groans as he turned over, his chest facing the ground.. "Haha... well, you did say that although I expected you to stay more to punches and kicks, I guess I should've seen that one coming." Sam said as he grabbed Thomas' hand and lifted himself off the ground and pushed his back forward with his left arm. "Ooooh, I think you just slammed a cramp I had in my back, how did that get there?" Sam wondered, that could've been a vertebrae but it didn't hurt enough to warrant fear."Yea, guess the spar took up a bit of my time, I'll go get the mold, it's in my backpack." He let go of Thomas' hand and entered the tent, he returned outside and handed Thomas the mold for the ammo he uses with his sniper rifle, it was a mold for FMJBT rounds, nothing special typical sniper rifle ammo used before the cosmic storms screwed everything up.

John watched as Sam got up and headed towards the tent for his mold.

"You're not a bad fighter Sam, these sparring matches are always fun!"

He said in a slightly louder voice than usual and with a bit of enthusiasm.

Anaïs was still ripping up sheets into bandages. This one however was covered in pink and Disney princesses looking characters. It was going to be her 'you're stupid' bandage. She was probably half way through her bottle of wine and the effects were taking effect, luckily it wasn't showing in her work... yet. Anaïs didn't have a gun, she always wanted to avoid them when possible, and usually when guns were involved she needed to be focused on people getting shot, not being the one who shoots. "Should have stretched before fighting~" She commented, her voice rather sing song-y with a rip of the fabric. Finally she was done! She finished folding the fabric and packed them up into an old zip lock bag, and then placed it into her backpack. She rummaged through her bag to pull out a sharpening stone; and proceeded to scrape her dagger against it, just so it could be as sharp as it could be.

John got up and walked over to the tent where Anaïs was still rolling bandages. He leaned against one of the tent's supports and watched for a moment before speaking up.

"Hey uh... Doc... think you can put a needle through my face?"

He motioned to the split in his forehead - the bleeding had slowed due to it being so cold. But he knew it'd be an issue later if he didn't get it stitched.

Abientot Abientot Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian D U H D U H WeaselThor WeaselThor

Anaïs glanced up and made a small groan. "Really? There wasn't even a bad guy." Despite her obvious frustration she rummaged through her bag and pulled out some thread, a needle, and her bottle of vodka. She Threaded the needle and then dipped it into the vodka to make sure it was clean. "Sit down, grab something to squeeze, It's going to hurt." Anaïs grabbed a small cut cloth and dipped it in the vodka too, before reaching for her wine and taking a sip. Once John sat down she wiped his forehead with the cloth and started stitching up the cut. It was going to leave a scar, and she wasn't being very gentle when she pulled the thread through his skin to start her stitches. "Don't move or I will poke you more."

He did as she said though he didn't grab anything to squeeze, instead placing an open palm on one of his knees - he was certain a gunshot wound was more painful than being stitched up. He tilted his head down a bit making it easier for her to stitch and kept still as she instructed, keeping in mind that he couldn't furrow his brow or it'd stretch the wound as well. The needle went in and his fingers clenched around his knee. He made a slight hissing sound as he bit his lip slightly and sucked in a quick breath.

"Ah I hate needles"

He could tell by her firm hands and quick movements that she was rather used to doing this.

"How many?"

He asked her.

Anaïs kept stitching, focused as she continued her sutures. "As many as it takes." She added with a slight huff as she kept up with it. After four stitches she tied the knot and cut the thread, rolling the small bit left over into a ball and letting it drop onto the ground. "Now don't raise up your eye hairs or mess with it, otherwise it is going to take longer and I will do it again." She started to pack up her supplies, wiping the needle onto the small cloth before putting it back with the rest of them, and of course the vodka inside of the backpack too. The backpack made a rather satisfying zip as she closed it and reached back towards her wine.

Karma rolled her eyes as she sighed, turning to face the captain forcing a smile. "I resent the drinking. I know you're trying to cut everyone some slack but does it have to always be the day before the trips. We all get hangovers...especially John." she said putting the bag on the floor as it's weight became harder to carry with time. Karma watched as the tipsy captain scolded John in a joking manner. He then turned to her addressing her in a sober manner to which she responded, "Yes, that would be beneficial. Even if we have enough anything could happen." Turning her attention towards John she tilted her head, "Tipsy is slightly drunk."
tags: AliceNWeb AliceNWeb WeaselThor WeaselThor

"Seeing us off"
Nomad main camp

The captain left his crew to their own devices for the remainder of the night, spending the entire night fabricating ammo. By the time it became apparent that the night was just about over he had made close to eight hundred rounds of a variety of caliber. A good start for sure but no amount of ammo or supplies could make him feel prepared for this journey. He had stopped drinking about three hours ago and was finally sobered up enough to feel the weight of the coming task.
~~~
11 hours later
At about five am he went out tapping his crewmates boots to wake them up. "Rise and shine asshats, we got a long day ahead of us." he was already packed and loaded up, his backpack, long coat, weapons, and with several boxes of ammo on the table. "Cole says we are joining him for breakfast, says he has a surprise for us." he added taking the initiative to step out of the tent and get some fresh air. The tent smelled of Ozone and sweaty boots, outside atleast had the smell of wilderness in addition to the odors.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb D U H D U H Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Abientot Abientot

Karma opened her eyes and lazily got up looking side to side trying to focus on her surroundings. Although sleep still filled her eyes she tried getting up but to no avail, looking down she noticed a leg was on her. Not knowing who the person next to her as she forcefully pushed the leg off and got up. Falling over her feet a few times she looked up she blinked twice for the man in front of her to become clear, "Who are you?" her vision still impaired. "What surprise? Is it food? If it's not food I don't want it."
WeaselThor WeaselThor
(sorry it's sooo short)

Sam's eyes flew open, like a half-gnarled wooden door that just got blown open by a strong gust, his torso drew itself upward resulting in Sam taking a sitting position in his sleeping bag, he slowly wiggled his bandaged left hand free and pulled down the zipper of his old reliable sleeping bag. His senses came back to him one by one and the first sense was smell, he took deep breathe as he always did when he woken up from a decent night's sleep but the smell that awaited him was the ozone's sharp and disgustingly chlorine like aroma. Sam's organic metal armor snapped itself on, like a dog coming to protect its benevolent master."I didn't... need the smell of ozone in the morning." Sam added, his voice deeper than usual and had a hint of steel as he got up from the ground albeit sluggishly. He stood there and stretched he then inquired."And what's that about a surprise?" Sam said as he ran his hand over his face, not realizing his organic metal suit was on and he just ended up rubbing the smooth surface of a metal sheet, his faint orange glowing eyes could be faintly made out whenever there was a gap in his hand movement.

John was already awake standing outside the tent, he had awoken with a pounding headache that had subsided with a bit of water and some electrolytes. All that was left was the feeling of malaise. He was looking up, eyes closed as he took in the cool air and warm welcoming embrace of the sun. It was still cold enough to see your breath which made the sunshine feel even better. He lowered his head and opened his eyes withdrawing a pack of Silk Cut's.

He flipped open the stark white case and bounced a cigarette out, before taking the flip lighter out and engaging the flint wheel. He took a light drag in causing an intense orange to stripe the end. He flicked the lighter closed with a satisfying *clink* before finishing his inhale, exhaling any left over smoke through his nose.

"Today's a good day to travel."

Getting a head start along with Thomas also meant John was already fully packed - weapons, gear, trinkets, etc - and a fresh change of clothes on. He put the lighter back in the case and shoved them into his pocket before turning around as Thomas came out of the tent beside him and went into the tent himself. A military green, cylinder shaped, duffel bag awaited him on the table. He lifted it with one hand and slung it over his shoulder. With one eye closed due to the cigarette smoke rolling across his face he looked at Karma and laughed a bit watching her stumble around.

"You're pretty cute when you're not cussing us out for drinking"

He jabbed at her.

His eye snapped to the back where Sam was after Sam's armor snapped on, John's free hand instantly twitched towards the combat knife at his back torso - but realized there was no danger he was just waking up; laxing his free hand again.

John turned around again and whipped open the tent's entrance.

"A surprise? Cole's 'suprises' always worry me."

He lightly joked but knowing Cole... it could be anything.

"Regardless I'm fuckin' starving - if not for the hangover I probably would've made myself some eggs by now. Are we taking the vehicle or are we gonna walk?"

He properly stepped out of the tent and stood beside Thomas, bringing his free hand up and lightly touching the stitches from last night, pressing his fingertips against the stitches, bringing them down to check if he was still bleeding - he wasn't. Little surprise though, the Doc always did fine work.

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Abientot Abientot D U H D U H WeaselThor WeaselThor

Sam paused for a moment as he realized his armor was on, how he noticed this fact was when his eyes caught John's hand twitching towards his knife. He then on command dismembered his armor and withdrew it back in himself via his sweat pores, moving like a colony of ants holding a metal sheath. He yawned and said. "Days like this remind me of when I was a lone drifter, I would've woken up, huddled against a wall with a blanket, stretched, ate a can of beans or whatever I had on hand that day." Sam bent and straightened his torso, circled his arms and shook his legs."Thankfully, I packed my backpack just before I kipped down and I'm grateful for that nice old lady that sells bullets in absurd hours of the day." Sam's mask was sitting below his nose, he only ever takes the damn thing off to wash it and even then it's mostly when he is alone, he slipped on his goggles and then pulled his mask over his face, he picked up his backpack and lightly turned his head left and right with his right hand.

"Ah, hangovers, luckily I only had a glass or two." Sam said as he wandered out of the tent to get some nice, exhilarating fresh air, he took a big breathe similar to the one he did when he woke up."Aaahhh, that's some nice air."

WeaselThor WeaselThor AliceNWeb AliceNWeb Abientot Abientot

If Anaïs had a choice she would sleep until she naturally would wake. But that seemed to never be the case as everyone started being loud. "Arrettez! je dors." She pulled her blanket over her head and plugged her ears. But the sound of everyone clanging on their armor and talking as they got ready eventually got her out of bed. Even though her hair was rather short, it was in a mess. She started to roughly brush through her hair with her fingers until it was de-tangled enough for her to tie it up into a bun with an old, purple ribbon. She stood up and slipped on her jacket, her bag was always ready to go, all she had to do was roll up her sleeping bag and the tarp over it. Once her bag was set she stepped outside, still half asleep and not registering everything that people were saying quite yet. Some words registered, food, beans, starving... all words that described her current state. Even with her backpack on, she managed to stretch with a large quiet yawn. They should get moving before the storm came in, she could smell one coming.

AliceNWeb AliceNWeb D U H D U H Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian WeaselThor WeaselThor

Cole's Garage.

Thomas stood around the tent chatting with his crew as they got ready. When the last scout was on their feet he began to usher them towards Cole's Garage where ue had been asked to meet them. Even with cole being as strange as he was, Thomas felt good about the visit, until he noticed squad 3's van on the front yard of the Garage, and it was dismantled down to the frame. The only thing that let him know it was their van was that his tiny disco ball was still dangling from the wires where his rear view mirror used to be.

Before he could even question it the metal garage slid open to reveal cole with his goggles on and smileing a black toothed grin before he slid the face mask over his mouth and approached the scouts. The massive man towered over all of them and was covered up to his elbows in grease. "oh...uh...Hi guys." he said in a sorta shy tone yet loud enough to be heard over his team working on whatever was behind him. It looked like a bus but the windows, doors, tires, and even the yellow color had been replaced with heavy armor plating, more of which was being welded to the sides and front of the vehicle. Its engine had been gutted and laid near the garage door with a big meaty handprint embedded in the engine block. In jts place was the v-12 diesel engine that Cole and his wrench Jockies had been cycling though a variety of vehichles. "I wasnt expecting you guys for another hour or so, the paints not done but yeah, i call it the Coletrain. But you can rename it if you want. Its got tank armor, two extra diesel tanks, solid rubber tires so no flats, two .50 cals courtesy of me, and a working refrigerator." he said clearly proud of his creation. The only bit of color on it was a large golden flaming number 3 that was on either side and the roof. "Also the missus made ya some breakfast, she told me to break yer knees if you gave her any lip about joining us..." he added tilting his head towards the door with a smile and a lowered gaze to meet the knees of the scouts. Not having any witty retorts on account of the early rise Thomas just nodded trying to wrap his head around what all had been said. Instinctively he let his sight wander beyond the material world only to find nothing there. "uhhh thanks i think." he said as he waved for his team to follow him.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb D U H D U H Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Abientot Abientot ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef

Sam looked at their new mode of transportation,Not quite sure about the giant flaming golden 3 but it's Cole, as he said best not to mention it or he'll break my caps with his hands, he thought. He noticed Thomas' wave and followed him. Sam lightly adjusted the placement of his rifle on his back and tightened his gloves, he pulled down his makeshift goggles around his neck and lowered his mask to his nose. "I wonder what's for breakfast, I could go for some tea or coffee" Sam commented, his footsteps were silent as he followed Thomas. Samuel adjusted the collar of his coat, he was going to breakfast in another person's humble abode, best to look and at least act respectful.

David comes back right when everyone was waking up. He was huffing heavily as he was coming back from his morning jog. He looks at the van and let's out an amazed whistle after hearing all the details "God damn this is some serious shit. This is quite an apocalypse mobile. Bet this bad boy can get us everywhere.".

"Breakfast you say? Well then I will go get changed and gear up I will see you guys there.". David enters the tent humming a happy tune.

Cole's Garage
John slacked behind and let the others head to breakfast without him. He had a couple of questions for Cole about the adjustments to their vehicle. As the last person shuffled through another doorway with Thomas, John looked up at Cole with an indifferent expression adorned to his face.

"Hey Cole... so about the changes?"

He turned his head and took a long gaze at the bus, seemingly to get lost in thought momentarily before looking down and kicking the tip of his boot in the concrete floor that was covered in oil. The entire garage smelled of grease and fuel - the scent only momentarily being lifted by a gust of wind. He brought his attention back to Cole.

"The 'tank armor' is it depleted-uranium?"

WeaselThor WeaselThor

David enters the tent and goes to his sleeping bag. There is his big backpack with his shotgun and crowbar on either side of the bag. The shotgun is on the right side stock up for ease of access and the crowbar on the left. He then sits down with his back towards the entrance and sniffs himself "Man I reek" he says to himself. He proceeds takes off his sweaty shirt and searches for a bottle of window cleaner filled with water and a bar of soap. "This should do the trick.". David then sprays his armpits and neck and proceeds to rub thoroughly, and sprays himself again to clean off the soap. After that he searches for a towel to dry himself. "Where did I put that thing. God damn it this bag can sometimes is too big. AHA! here it is." he victoriously grabs the towel an drys himself. "Now gearing up" he says to himself enthusiastically. He reaches over to the backpack for his beige coloured cargo pants and gray and dirty shirt, he puts on his shocks and shoes and then he rolls up his sleeping bag and puts it in the never ending backpack. David then puts his backpack on his back. "Ah I almost forgot we are going to Texas!" he quickly takes his backpack off and searches for his olive cap that has a piece of fabric that covers his neck, and procceds to put it on, and a pair of sunglasses, which he put in one of the pants' pockets. "Ready to go.". David gets out of the tent and sees John and Cole chatting. He waits for a window for him to talk, unlike other times where he'd just talk, and makes a suggestion:
"We should give this doomsday machine a name and give our squad a name. Scout group 3 sounds boring."

Cole's Garage.

Cole smiled and chopped it up with the crew as began speaking answering each to the best of his abilities. "Im pretty sure tha missus made some joe for y'all." he said to sam. Then to David he chuckled. "So long as you dont try to drive up a mountain you outta be fine." he said as david ran off to get his gear. He furrowed his brow at John's question for a moment and turned to one of the wrench jockeys but a thumbs up from the one who was eavesdropping gave him the courage to turn. "Thats right Solid Defeated rain on em." he said with confidence seeing david return and Thomas sneaking off to the house Cole finally said "Enough chat, lets eat." With that he lead the way to the house he had slightly rebuilt with tarps and plates of steel. Inside smelled of Eggs, Bacon, and Maple syrup. They would find a short and stocky lady appearing to be in her early 40's working over wood stove where she flipped pancakes. "Not to be rude Cole, but we got a long way to go can we get this to go?" the captain finally said as he checked his watch. He was eager to get on the road as soon as possible but was quickly shot down this time by Coles wife. "the car wont be done for at least twenty more minutes and i went through the trouble of making this meal for you so hell no you cant. You can sit down and be greatful or I'll rough you up myself Captain." she said it with a smile clearly joking about the beating she clearly couldnt give him. But she wasnt joking about the meal, so Captain Thomas simply blushed and took his seat at the table to the sound of Cole's chuckles.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian D U H D U H Abientot Abientot

Last edited:
Sam took note of Cole's answer and was grateful for the coffee, he hadn't had coffee in at least 3 days. He kept walking and following Cole until he lead them to his home. He entered the home and took a decent glance around, slowly analyzing the details with his keen eyes, he began to walk towards an unattended chair, took his rifle and coat off, placing the coat on the chair first then the rifle carefully. Now, armed only with his long sleeved stitched together shirt, combat pants and boots he sat down on the chair."No offense, Captain Thomas but I'd say we listen to the little lady, my mum always said to appreciate good cooking in this... wild wasteland, you never know when you'll be eating out of a can." Sam chimed in."I also like to apologize for having my mask up, ma'am." He said as he pulled his mask down around his neck, covering his goggles, It's rare to see Sam without his mask, his features were not that bad... decently chiseled chin, average size in the nose and of course his brown eyes, his right eye did have a notable bloodshot stain on it.

David enters the room and the smell of bacon and eggs hit him like a truck. His stomach starts grumbling like a dog is growling. He quickly takes off his backpack and takes a seat equally fast. He grabs a plate a fork and food and starts stuffing his mouth with bacon and eggs. "God damn this shit good" he says to himself while eating like an animal. He over hears the conversation of Cole and the captain. "Yeah when are we going to leave" he says in a food muffled voice. "Don't talk with a mouth full dummy" says the cooking lady. He then hears the response of Coles wife and sulks and mumbles something incoherent, getting back to eating. Out of the blue appears his dog and, of course, he gives him some bacon. "I wonder, where have you been?" he says as he looks at his dirty dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back