• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic From Criminal to Exocolonist at the Edge of the Milky Way [Space Opera/Space Fantasy/SciFi] Interest Check/Prerecruiting

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
A number of criminals are transported off a large space station that is ruled by a one party dictatorship. They were originally supposed to be transferred to an exile colony on a “prison planet”, but their ship veered far off course and crash landed on a planet in an uncharted area on the edge of the galaxy.

Setting: The planet is in a binary star system, has a breathable atmosphere, three moons and rotates on it’s side. It is about 1.4 times larger than Earth but has roughly the same gravity as Earth. A year is 290 days. Days are 23 hours long.The most temperate and safest parts of the planet are at it’s poles, while the further you go towards the equator the more unpredictable the environment gets (monsters instead of simple animals, dangerous plants, dangerous weather). The planet also has a native sentient population that has a sedentary younger stone age level of development. The natives who live near the poles look like short orcs or goblins with grey skin and have four fingers on each hand. Due to their environment they are less aggressive than if they lived in more dangerous areas, but still wary of strangers. They are mostly farmers and shepherds. Another sentient species might live towards the equator.

Origin of the criminals: GaFieReBa station (Galaxy Field Research Base as it was once called) was established as a large orbital research station nearly 300 years ago. The station is a bit towards the edge of the Milky Way. But due to a large scale war between Earth and a separate planetary human nation, Gafiereba was able to become an independent nation around 240 years ago. The station was democratically ruled until about 70 years ago when a one party rule was established. The station is 500kmx50kmx30km big and has a population of about 20 million. It orbits a gas giant and has smaller forward bases on three of the planets 32 moons. It shares diplomatic connections to a handful of smaller planet, moon and station based nations within ten lightyears radius of it. Usually the exiled criminals would have faced the death penalty, but due to a relatively recent change in party leadership, they were given some lenience and exiled instead.

Age and technology: Technology is advanced. By old earth calender, it is the year 2561. Advanced nearly sentient AI exist and natural lifespans have been expanded into the 150s while with modifications one can be virtually immortal unless purposefully killed.

The criminals have to survive on the planet and in the long run, they will need to eventually communicate with the locals. It is likely that you will spend the rest of your life on this planet as you are not allowed to return to your home station. The exiles also have decided to live as a makeshift family as they only have each other now.

Plot will be mostly player driven.

You know I'm in even before you put the interest check-up, but do consider this post my mandatory "I'm interested".
So the headcount will check out for ya.

Other than that the only thing i can say is:
"Welcome to the family Bucko' now giddy up, we have a family who knows where that needs some lovin'."
Ok scratch that, that might have been to corny.

i do dare say that 3 people being here on the very day the recruitment is open is rare

Look Looking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Don't worry peps, as soon as enough people are gathered we will make the other channels if not sooner.
Yeah I'm kinda helping with the RP, but I'm not a co-gm, too much responsibilities.

*sets aside Subnautica long enough to indicate tentative interest* Also, hi. This looks like it could fun.

I mean who doesn't like space, weird planets and habitats, as well as making a living down there.

Thanks, Jannah Jannah for the tag.

TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen So what are the parameters of the PCs? This seems like it would be a setting where we can RP as an alien species. But as you haven't expressly stated what kind of species are available in this setting, I'm not making any assumptions. So, can we be an alien race as our PC? I have an alien Grey (subspecies) that I could totally write into the role of a captured criminal. Very murder-mayhem kinda creature. The criminal thing is especially right up her alley.
Khaz gear.png
I've been on a perpetual search to find a spacey sci-fi RP that isn't military in nature and isn't just another impersonation of Star Trek, and has aliens as playable species of course.

Edit: So, I noticed you added a main thread, but there is no avenue for character submissions.
Also, the linked thread has this extra bit about family roles? What's up with that?

Last edited:
Thanks, Jannah Jannah for the tag.

TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen So what are the parameters of the PCs? This seems like it would be a setting where we can RP as an alien species. But as you haven't expressly stated what kind of species are available in this setting, I'm not making any assumptions. So, can we be an alien race as our PC? I have an alien Grey (subspecies) that I could totally write into the role of a captured criminal. Very murder-mayhem kinda creature. The criminal thing is especially right up her alley.
I've been on a perpetual search to find a spacey sci-fi RP that isn't military in nature and isn't just another impersonation of Star Trek, and has aliens as playable species of course.

Edit: So, I noticed you added a main thread, but there is no avenue for character submissions.
Also, the linked thread has this extra bit about family roles? What's up with that?
Look atop the thread. There are links to OOC and Character threads.

Also 1: if you had read the thread, it says they make a makeshift family.

With aliens, assume that humans either have been alone in the galaxy so far or decided not to bug less developed sentient species. I didn't really have planned other species that had lived with humans thus far.

Look atop the thread. There are links to OOC and Character threads.

Also 1: if you had read the thread, it says they make a makeshift family.

With aliens, assume that humans either have been alone in the galaxy so far or decided not to bug less developed sentient species. I didn't really have planned other species that had lived with humans thus far.
okie dokie. I was really hoping to RP as an alien. Spacey sci-fi seems a little lacking for me if we can't have alien PCs.
So, I guess Good luck with your RP?

Jannah Jannah Thanks for the nod anyway. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back