• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern From Beyond the Stars - Interest Check

Windjammer

The local Devil Ship
Its Friday evening and you're watching the local news. Its the usual junk as always, until, a story comes on that actually grabs your attention. A man from the surrounding rural area on the tv claims he and his family were terrorized by beings he claims were aliens. This brings back terrifying memories from your early childhood of your family being visited themselves. Seeking answers, you find your way to a group session with others who have had similar experiences and an expert in extraterrestrials claiming that something needs done. That the aliens need to be hunted. Question is, do you dare try?

THE IDEA
The basic idea is that our characters will be meeting at a support group for those who may have had alien encounters, and the expert is trying to get people to help in their cause of hunting said aliens.

THE SETTING
The setting is Asheville NC at the start, but, will change location perhaps several times within North America.

THE CURRENT LORE
There will be 5 basic types of aliens in this RP

1. Greys/Grays: These guys are your typical "Roswell" aliens. They stand 3 to 4 feet tall with little variation in appearance. They are highly intelligent an communicate with one another making little to no sound, often telepathically. As their name implies they have skin in some shade of gray.
  2. Goblins: These are small, gnarled, green skinned aliens that hunt in gangs. These gangs can have well over a dozen individuals. They often use distraction and trickery to get the job done. They are often 3 feet or less in height.
  3. Reptilians: These are your "Lizard people". Their appearance is highly varied and they can be very lizard-like to almost bird-like. Their intelligence varies as well. Most are between 5 to 7 feet tall.
  4. Insectoids: Perhaps the most varied by far, These beings can resemble many things from ants to mantises, and can be found either alone or in groups, with sizes anywhere from 3 to 8 feet tall.
  5. Flatwoods Monster Type: These guys are brutes. Plain and simple. They are big, standing 10 to 12 feet tall, hovering robots. They are rarely seen in groups, almost always alone. Although most extraterrestrials are deemed very dangerous, these just may be the worst.

Nicee, should I wait for more, or go ahead and put up a Character Sheet?

Last edited:
Yea, i couldn't find a good representation of a mantid alien, so i said, to hell with it, and just used a regular mantis.
Salarians from mass effect are supposed to be “somewhat” modeled after Roswell aliens but tbh they kinda vibin with a mantis. Not as exoskeletal but I recommend the mass effect aliens! All across the board with looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back