Looking for Friends and Writers! Anyone interested in a very casual writing club? ✏️

Dandelions

Seize the Day
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I’m Dandelions or Dandy for short and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a writing club.

It’s nothing formal - just people who enjoy the writing process and receiving some feedback on their pieces - whether it’s poems, short stories, essays, or just prose. Think of it like a very chill Nanowrimo group without the pressure of completing a novel in a month.

My idea was revolving around people having a weekly prompt or challenge to write about. For me, it’s a great palette cleanser for RP and keeps me consistently writing as a habit in a fun activity sort of way. It sounds like it would be a good way to make friends as well!

Of course, participation every week is optional - not at all mandatory. If a prompt speaks to you, you can write about it. If not, you can still give feedback on other peoples pieces.

Anyways, if that sounds like something you’d be interested in, let me know!

That sounds pretty neat!

Thanks! I’m really looking to reading your pieces as well! :D

For this week’s theme, I was thinking maybe something to do with autumn. Like falling leaves or the changing of it’s colours.

51F3D594-2782-4D57-9C89-5D6DD5E1A6FC.png

Just for some added inspo, I’ve heard this Eric Clapton song for some fall time vibes. My dad was a fan of his music so I grew up on these.

Your world is fire.

Reds, yellows, and oranges. The air is thick with change. Why did you come here, to this park? Is it an itch you need to scratch, or do you like asking questions? You don't know these answers, you just know how to throw one foot in front of the other. Oh don't look that way, stretch your lips from ear to ear. Life is happening around you and you should be in the middle of it signing and dancing and forgetting. Forgetting. The past is gone, friendo, and the future is too mugged up to be certain of anything. It's just a mess of blackness you look into. Nah, you're better than that. Look down at your feet, at the leaves, the flames. Picture you dancing is a forest all alone. Fire surrounding you gently, quietly. Freedom. You'll get a sweet, sweet hit of dopamine I promise. We both know you won't do it, though. The thought is a lovely little exercise.

Crunch, crunch: the sound of fallen leaves under your shoes. The subtly of decay under your weight making that cracking sound. Satisfying isn't it? Well, that was a morbid thought huh? Let's get some elevation.

No, not people level.
Higher...
Higher, trees and the animals in them are boring right now.

That's the stuff. A cloud-clad sun. Change. It's coming again, that time, when the world becomes a monochromatic exorbitance. But it comes with a few pros as well -- Nope, that train of thought ends abruptly -- Halloween! The best time of the year! When we all feel alive in an atmosphere loaded with like-minded maniacs who indulge in horror aesthetics and pumpkins. You have that costume in mind for this year, when you go to the costume party. There's still work needed on some parts but it'll come together in the end and you can dazzle everybody with that artistry you've crafted. Lets get home and work on the cape. You have an idea for the clasps. This oughta be good!

-----
Wrote as I went. It's nothing about anything in particular but it was fun. Thanks for the prompt Dandy

"What it takes to be a tree"
The Explorer
If your roots aren't deep,
And the Oaks and Redwoods laugh,
Tell them I said not to worry.

If the snow is cold,
And there is no hope,
Remember me.

When the time comes,
And your leaves change,
You'll be fine.

Because you're like me,