• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Suggestion Friendly Reminder...

MISTER UN. 0W3N

schaden f r e u d e
I love looking at awesome BBCoding and shit, but I wanted to put up a friendly reminder about some things: remember to change your font colors. It's clear what users have what theme on for the site because half the time I can't read the font (default color + blarring fucking white/off white/it's fucking like #cccccc colored background). So, yeah. :U There's some things we can't take in account for in terms of design like universal screen resolutions, mobile versus desktop, and all that shit. But, font color is something that's hella easy to fix. So... yeah. :U Remmeber: change your font colors (just make it #000000 or something) if you want people to see your shit without having to switch between themes.

Or, an easier solution: Use a background of some kind. Then it doesn't matter what theme everyone's using.

Ahh, but you have to be careful even if you use a background.

The text color changes based on what theme it is if it isn't set, so if the background is either gray or black, then there's a big chance that you won't be able to see it.

Well yeah... This is for if you want to change the color of the text in the first place. If you're using the default color, then it has no chance to be difficult to read, thus you don't need the background.

You'd be surprised by how much the background color actually hinders the color change as stated in my first post. I notice a lot of people default in making very off-white backgrounds already. And, they don't change the font color. That's where the problem lies. It's also the same the other way around if someone made a dark background color and didn't change the font. You wouldn't be able to see that every well in light. But, having no background color used, we gucci. But, of course, formats have colored backgrounds a lot of times.

Ahh, it sometimes get worse if you use an image background, cause sometimes you can see parts of the text, sometimes you cant. I had to scale my background color opacity up to .9 from a prettier .7 because the shading of one small part of the background was too close to the text color.

That as well. There are ways to remedey some things like keeping a close text shadow around it and doing some sort of white text, but that can only take you so far.

yeah like seriously tho if you have a bright ass yellow background and your font color is light gray stop being a butthole dont @ me either

I think the real problem here is people coding on the light theme - it will look different on the dark theme if certain things are not changed. Same goes for dark theme. Size problem is definitely a butthole thing tho.

It also kind of irks me to see big walls of text squeezed into little tiny scroll boxes. Don't know why, but it makes it harder to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back