• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Friend or Foe?

Darth Oats

Ethereal
ARE YOU MY FRIEND? OR ARE YOU MY FOE?

94238bd290979abe1881a2d74b92ce84.jpg
[This will be an action/adventure quest-line that will follow 2 characters forced together into a literal symbiotic relationship.]

This is a science fiction story based on a book series I read a while back. I don't want to spoil too much in the plot but I will put up some precursor questions to establish our main character before we start the adventure.

1.) Who is the main character?
-
c63eeed34b313ecffc33c4b821869a18.jpg
-
0cb85486d3ae9276a9b76f8b8fde244f.jpg
-
iren-bee-cussgnzptpq(1).jpg
-
iren-bee-bttxtelxx7m.jpg

2a.) If you chose human, what is your job currently?

-Unemployed
-College Student
-Police Officer
-Military Member
-Teacher
-Criminal

2b.) If you chose Alien, what was your role in your society?

-Warrior
-Companion
-Scholar
-Teacher
-
Politician
-Priest

3.) Are you competent at your job/role?

4.) Are you happy with your accomplishments in life or would you like something to change?

Once these questions are answered, your adventure will begin!

Last edited:
Hello there! Let's start with a bang, in the form of a chaotic good character!

The main character is a >Male human. He thrives in society by being a >Criminal. >In that kind of business, he is but impeccable; he is good at being bad, to those who deserve it. Though he finds himself satisfied with the life he leads, >There's a desire to accomplish more lawless feats and keep the criminal record growing while still being able to get away with it.

The protagonist can be related to an anti-hero (although he's technically or ultimately not a hero). He can do bad things for good reasons.

THE NIGHT SKY

{2215 Hours - 14th}

The star filled night sky. It was unknown why, to Kev, laying out and staring at the stars was so calming for him. He stopped trying to figure out why though many years ago. A cool breeze whisked across his bare face. He could feel it brushing across his forehead, running through his hair, and licking at his lips. His eyes darted across the space before him. Why was it called 'Night' anyway? The proximity to the nearby stars causes everything to still be lit up considerably. Kev took a deep breath as he continued to calm his mind. The thought of his family. His mother. His brothers and sisters. Where were they? Are they still alive? Kev felt he would never know. *BUZZ. BUZZ. BUZZ.* "Hmm...?" Kev locked onto to the object in his pocket that interrupted his thought.

He reached his hand in his pocket and slid out the communication device. The small screen read: "Sonya ;) <3" in white text over a blue background. Kev didn't quite understand why she edited her name in his device like that, maybe she felt she was special. Kev sighed, hoping she didn't want to 'just talk' and answered her call. "Sonyaaaa...Hey, beautiful." His voice was a bit warmer than his normal tone of voice. He wanted her to feel like he welcomed this call. "What's up, babe?" She giggled shortly before responding. "Heyyy there, cutie! Are you busy tonight?" Kev rolled his eyes. He really didn't want to do anything tonight, but he hadn't seen her in a while and he guessed she was getting restless. "Nah, babe...I'm free. What'd you have in mind?" He made sure to correct the annoyance in his voice. "Oh I dunno...maybe we could go out dancing?! We haven't done that in a while...a new place just opened up. Uhmmm....The Burning Spear? Or something like that..." Kev audibly sighed, but cut it off quickly. "Yeah, sure! I'll meet you there?" Sonya laughed and cheered, causing Kev to pull the communicator away from his ear in pain. "Yay! Hehehe! I can't wait to see you babe!" An exaggerated kissy noise was made and the call ended.

"Ugghhh...I can't believe I'm still dating this...child." Kev rubbed his temples in frustration. He mumbled to himself, "But goddamn she is sooo hot..."

THE NIGHT LIFE

{0100 Hours - 15th}

As Kev approached the giant, blindingly orange building, a girl dressed in a black and red skin tight suit jumped in joy in sight of him. "Weeeeee!" She squealed before rushing to Kev and wrapping her arms around him mid-leap. Kev grunted slightly and slowly wrapped his arms around her as well. "I meeesed you, Terry!" She exclaimed, in her typical child-like voice she got when she was excited and scrunched her slightly upturned nose. Kev set her down, chuckling slightly. "Yeah, I missed you too, babe." He gave her a once-over having not seen each other in a while.

She was much smaller than him, but he didn't mind it too much. Better she was smaller, when she wore heels they got closer to the same size. She had a slightly larger bust than average, which he liked, but she had this thing. With cats. She liked to dress as them, sometimes even wearing a tail. Thankfully, she only wore a pair of ears this time. Kev thought they were actually tasteful in this outfit. Her face was pale, a more even tone thanks to makeup. That, along with red lipstick on her plump lips and a small rectangular line underneath each blue eye.
df6b940110bc35daf689991f456cf409.jpg

Kev leaned down slightly and Sonya met him halfway. Their lips crossed with a passionate, but short kiss. Once they broke, Sonya blushed and giggled a bit. She moaned slightly and bit her bottom lip. "Mmm...boy did I miss that." Her face then snapped to a surprised look out of no where; as if she'd forgotten something. "Well let's get going! We don't want to miss the good songs!" She turned away from him and grabbed Kev's arm, pulling him towards the club. Kev was caught off guard at first, but ran quickly and was able to catch up to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist just as they got to the bouncer guarded entrance. "Hey Tony! Hey Luther! This is Terry! The guy I was telling you about!" One of the bouncers glanced at Kev for a moment before looking back and responding with a questionably suspicious grin. "Hey, Hun! Have fun in there. Let me know if anyone gives you any problems, ya hear?!" Sonya nodded with excitement, then she and Kev entered the club.

The bass was deafening. The flashing lights were blinding. Sweaty, drunk, and drugged people wandered aimlessly. Some looked like they were having fun. Some were not. Kev's thoughts were interrupted by Sonya's louder than normal voice. "Wellll....are we gunna get some drinks or what?" Kev nodded and they made their way to the bar. After getting his first drink, it led to multiple others. The rest of the night, Kev recalled in flashes between long dark periods. Dancing. Drinking. More dancing. A fight, which he won easily. More drinking.

You come back to a fuller consciousness than you've been since you got to the club. Feeling yourself getting slowly more sober. Sonya is barely hanging on, loosely hanging onto your arm as you both walk through a pretty well lit park.

-Take Sonya back to her place.
-Take Sonya back to your place.
-Call a cab for her.

Last edited:
THE PARK

{0400 Hours - 15th}

The two stumbling individuals make it to the end of the park path, coming to a hyper-light road heading East to West. Waving his hand out, an auto driver responds and pulls up in front of them. The rear passenger door opens and Kev slowly leans over to guide Sonya into the vehicle.

Kev then stands, very slowly working his brain to make a decision. "Babe...?" Mumbles out from the mouth of Sonya as she lays across the seat like a dead animal.

Weighing his options, Kev feels it's probably better to send her on her way. She'll probably be too drunk to even remember what happened. He can just tell her he went home with her and left before she woke up, if she asks. Kev enters her address into the prompt and sends her on her way.

His head is killing him, not to mention an almost constant state of nausea.

You feel a buzz in your pocket and take out your communicator, seeing a blocked number. What do you do?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Answer the phone.
-Ignore the phone and go to [insert location].
-Turn off your phone and take a nap on a bench nearby.

THE PARK

{0410 Hours - 15th}

"Big Kev!!!" The voice boomed across the speaker. Kev immediately recognizing it as a close friend and 'business partner', Samson.

Kev, being pretty much out of juice for tolerance of bullshit, answers the phone begrudgingly. For the life of him, he can't figure out why he's so popular tonight. "Samson. Hey man, what's good?" His voice was still slightly slurred.

"What's good? What's good?! That's all you have to say to me man? Ha Ha! Sounds like you've had a fun night so far." He pauses shortly, clearing his throat. This was usually the sign for him getting serious. "So listen up. You need to stop by my place before you call it a night alright? We need to discuss some.....details."

You are feeling a little more sober now. If Samson wants to bring you in on a new job, it would be hard for you to resist. There was something you felt in the back of your mind, a small reminder of sorts that you had to tell him something, but you couldn't figure out what it was. The pause before your response becoming awkwardly long, you spit out a hasty answer.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-"Okay, yeah I'll be there in a few minutes."
-"Fuck off Samson, I need to sleep."

-"Meet at my place instead."
-[Insert an option]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back