• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Friend 1. 2. and 3! IN-CHARACTER

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Edan.jpg

quub.regular.png

Location: Apple-Bobbing Bins (Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: Adder, (Joseph) | Attire: Click
January 10th, the best Friday of the year! New Omen University campus is thriving with energy in celebration of the annual Sports Festival!

The basketball team has already finished their stunning performance in the gymnasium, so Edan is free to wander the festive grounds, and he does so with a bottle of orange Gatorade in his possession.

Of course, his first goal is to find his two best-friends--Joseph and Adder--so he makes for the Day Field, where the majority of recreation can be found. He bobs and weaves through the crowd, nodding his head, waving, and muttering 'excuse me' to every other person.

When he finds Adder nearby the Apple-Bobbing bins, he throws up a long arm and waves the guy down, "Adder~!"

Edan places himself beside Adder whose hair is dripping wet, and whose cheeks are flushed by the cold water of the challenge. To see it, Edan laughs, "You making a scene? Anyone bidding on you?" This is, of course, a joke, so he doesn't wait for a response before asking, "Have you seen Joe?"

Cracker Cracker Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption tamarapasek tamarapasek Ghostiiys Ghostiiys zuneboo zuneboo

• E853418B-904F-4914-BC8B-D0B091D1B38C.jpeg

Interacting/Mentioned:
    Scarlett, and Oakley.
    Attire:
    8BBBF573-1062-49B6-ABBF-48EF13F1DEA7.jpeg

Last edited:

Scarlett Lee

• Location: Balloon Pop Booth(Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: tamarapasek tamarapasek / zuneboo zuneboo Attire: Click

Scarlette looked out of her dorm room and sighed. She wasn't particularly excited about sports festivities, in the three years she had attended Omen, going out wasn't a hobby of hers. Especially since she had the mentality that all college students just wanted to get blasted drunk and ruin the experience for others. While she was contemplating the meaning of everything before her phone pinged.

"Hmm?" she cocked her eyebrow before grabbing her phone and seeing the text of her roommate Rebecca. Scar bit her inner cheek, her main motivation for going was that she wouldn't be going alone. Scarlette texted back.

Yea, just putting my shoes on, I'll meet up with you.

Leaving the dorm was already a hassle, she was always hesitant to leave, even for her classes. Making her way through the lounge and outside where the festivities where being held. She noticed how much of a crowd this year had brought. She chalked it up to frat boys wanting to get drunk and girls wanting to meet the guys who played for the sports team this year. After all, this festival was made for them.

Scratching her head she walked around. Seeing all types of cliques and groups having fun. Passing booths that had drink and food, others with sports-themed carnival games Scarlette saw her curly-haired friend and smiled. "Hey, Becca." She said in a friendly tone."Don't think it'll be worth coming all the way down here to just sit by a booth don't you think?"

She pondered for a moment before adding. "Hey, where's Oakley?"

coded by weldherwings.

-->

father-christmas.regular.png
584191697fed96c1e3a7cb350422fcc9.jpg

Location: Apple-Bobbing Bins (Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: Edan, (Joseph) | Attire: Click

Amidst the noisy, bustling festival, Adder stands before the apple-bobbing bins, his head dunked into the water filled with apples. He moves around, attempting to bite everything he can. To his luck, he manages to sink his teeth into an apple and pulls his head out of the bin, flinging water all around.

The boy cheers at himself with the apple in his mouth. He grabs the fruit and places it in the hand of a random person passing by. From his head to his chest, he's soaked with water. His face is red from the many tries he's already made at this game. In total, he got four apples, all of which he forced into a random person's hand as they walked past.

Adder glances around the crowd to see if he could spot either of his two friends anywhere. They said they were coming, but they've yet to show. It's too hard to see people's faces clearly among all of the commotion, so he gives up. Defeated, but still smiling, he turns around and makes an attempt to sit down somewhere.

"Adder~!" A familiar voice calls from a short distance, causing Adder to spin around, smiling even bigger.

Edan is seen shoving his way through the crowd, waving a hand to get Adder's attention, which is successful. As he approaches, Edan places himself beside Adder and laughs at him, "You making a scene? Anyone bidding on you?" He jokes.

Adder laughs with him, but before he could actually say anything, Edan proceeds to ask, "Have you seen Joe?"

Adder shakes his head, "Nope. Just you." He shrugs, "But I guess I could message him and ask if he wants to meet up." After pulling his phone from one of the pockets of his sweatpants, Adder types as quick as he can and sends a message to Joseph.

The Message:
[Yo!!! Were r u at? me and edsn just met up u wana meet up wtih us?]

It was sloppy, but he assumed Joseph would be able to decipher it.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption Ghostiiys Ghostiiys tamarapasek tamarapasek zuneboo zuneboo

Oakley just got done saying goodbye to her last little ballerina when her phone buzzed. Are you guys at the festival? She checked the clock on her phone and gasped harshly. She totally forgot today was the day of the festival. She fired back a quick text to the group chat. I am just getting out of class now, I shall be there as fast as I can!! Don't worry! Oakley looked at her attire and sighed. She was dressed in a black laced leotard, with pink tights, the classic Ballet look. She grabbed her American Eagle jean shorts, and pulled them up, over her short muscular legs. As for her shirt, well she forgot it on the kitchen counter. Poor Oakley, time management was never in her favor. Oakley's long brunette hair was still perfectly suited in a bun on top of her head. Only a few baby hairs, or fly aways as some call it, was out of place. As she was heading out the studio door, she waved goodbye to the desk keeper and reached down into her bag pulling her car keys out. She remotely started her car, and popped the trunk. She threw her bag which consisted of her dance shoes into the trunk and slammed it shut racing around to the front of the car, unlocking the doors. She plopped down into the seat, reaching over her left shoulder she pulled her seatbelt on. When she heard the click, she put her car in reverse and fled for the festival.

Once she reached school grounds, Oakley slowed down to the appropriate speed. It took her about five minutes to find a parking spot, which ended up being in the overflow parking lot. Oakley sighed as she got out of the car, making sure to grab her wrist wallet in the process. She closed the car door with her right hip, placing her cheap drug store sunglasses over her eyes. She pulled out her Iphone and clicked to her messages, where the group chat was still up and running. I'm here! Just give me 4ish minutes to walk to you guys... I'm all the way out in outer space... A sense of dread washed over Oakley. She wasn't one for big crowds, especially when it came to frat parties. It was too much of a reminder of what happened to her, but she was putting on a brave face because today was start of the action plan, and she wasn't going to let her past ruin her friends future!

The ear shattering sound of breaks screeching through a sharp right hand turn echoed in the surrounding. The smell of burning rubber wafted through the air as they skidded across the hot pavement. Joseph looked to he rear view mirror disregarding that his perpendicular to the road during the turn. His gray eyes saw another car come into his view, but he didn't care. With a quick counter steer Joseph corrected his car and drove straight towards the Mechanics Garage of the School. Joseph let out one of his few smiles as he quickly saw douche of a freshman's car quickly vanish. With a quick shift to fifth gear Joseph floored it to the Garage. "Why the hell is there so many cars along the road, and people walking to the school.?' Joseph mumbled this to himself before he saw the sigh that read, "Festival ahead." 'Oh yeah that was today.' Quickly after ready that Joseph got a text. Yes its unsafe to check your phone while driving, but Joseph didn't care. He quickly read a text from Adder, " [Yo!!! Were r u at? me and edsn just met up u wana meet up wtih us?] ". Even though it was messy he was able to decipher it. Joseph quickly responded with, [Yeah just look towards the Garage you'll hear me soon XD]. Joseph quickly hit send before he gunned to the Garage which just happened to be located next to the field.

With that Joseph quickly approached the Garage parking lot only met for Mechanic majors. Then with a giant smirk Joseph ripped the e-break, and brunt out all the way through the parking lot in the the opening that faced the field and finished into a circle before he revved his car a couple times before he reversed into his spot. Joseph turned off his car and got out after taking off his seatbelt, and steering wheel before locking the mechanism for the wheel. Joseph then waited by the font of his car for Adder, and Edan

• 40439327-A36E-4040-9BD2-E2A2B6ACA451.jpeg

Interacting/Mentioned:
    Scarlett, Joseph, and Oakley.
    Attire:
    C65C6E67-2879-4F57-B007-A20F6F6F3B8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Edan.jpg

quub.regular.png

Location: Apple-Bobbing Bins (Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: Adder, (Joseph) | Attire: Click

Edan looks around the Day Field while waiting for Adder to message their mutual friend. He could have done it himself if his own phone wasn't dead, which he's forgotten enough times to have caught himself staring at a black screen while waiting for new notifications to come through.

While he's not obsessed with social media, his girlfriend tends to chew him out over every missed message, so he's made it a habit to be on top of them.

Guess I'd better enjoy myself... he thinks bitterly.

Looking around, he decides to make a mental note of some of the surrounding activities to do with the guys. Cornhole, Horseshoes, and Ladder Toss are all ones he's got a knack for--along with that, his competitive nature; however, he's never a sore loser.

The fun is in the fight--and if he puts up a good one, what's there to be sore about?

Children run about the entertainment, laughing and cheering with mouthfuls of candy--the clanking, banging, and splashing of different games providing a barrier between groups so that you can only make out what the person closest to you is saying.

A loud gunshot is heard in the direction of the track field, which is likely Coach Holmes firing off a blank to commence the Costume Relay Race.

Edan's eyes light up, "Oh, I was gonna watch that! Uh, the- the Costume Relay Race. I told Gob I would," but before he can head that way, he spots a familiar vehicle pulling into the garage by the mechanics shop in such a reckless manner that Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" starts playing in the back of his head.

"Well, there's Joe," he says to Adder.
Cracker Cracker Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption tamarapasek tamarapasek Ghostiiys Ghostiiys zuneboo zuneboo

Oakley looked around for signs to the festival. When she finally spotted one she took off running towards the sign. She read it briefly before running into the direction of the faint noise blasting. When Oakley reached the festival main gates she walked in casually, keeping her arms folded across her body. She felt a little awkward that she was only wearing her black lace leotard and shorts. Oak paused for a second to look around at the festival before her. Taking in all the childhood memories of when she herself, went to festivals as a kid. She spotted a Carmel Apple stand and couldn’t help but let herself drift towards it. “Three Carmeled apples please!” She spoke softly but with enough brightness in her voice. Her eyes light up when the guy, who had to be around her age handed them over. “How much?” She asked pulling up her wrist wallet. “For you, free.” The guy leaned against the stand and winked at her. Oakley pierced her lips and nodded. She hated the fact that she was walking away with free food. She left behind a 12 dollar tip hoping it would cover the amount of the three apples.

Oakley looked around and spotted her two friends at the balloon pop booth and headed towards them waving her Carmel Apples and doing a happy dance. She felt like she looked ridiculous dancing with caramel apples in her hands. The weight of the sticks giving way slightly to the weight of the apples. She hopped gracefully over the wires that ran to generators that were strung across the ground and made her way to Scarlett and Becca. “I got us some sweets if you want one!” She said cheerfully holding up the apples for them to see.

Scarlett Lee

• Location: Balloon Pop Booth(Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: tamarapasek tamarapasek / zuneboo zuneboo Attire: Click

"I think we can wait here for a bit. If she doesn't come by then we can go look for her." Placing her hand on her cheek Scarlette pondered for a moment, what would they do now that they were here?
    They could play all of the booth games. But Scarlette knew Rebecca had other motivations for coming, they were both similar in the fact that these things were not their forte.
    Upon Rebecca's comment, Scarlette couldn't help but giggle. "I'm not working with them just yet, but it's going to happen, just like our pending deaths." Scarlette said purposefully cackling and rubbing her hands together like she was some creepy villain. Before she could add onto anything Oakley arrived , and with treats no the less. "Oh yum, thanks sunshine." She grabbed her share and took a bite out of the sweet delight. "Well now that we are all here , we should have fun while we can.Any ideas?"

coded by weldherwings.

-->

• 20551D94-D4C0-4C4F-B1B1-164BC4B45E82.jpeg

Interacting/Mentioned:
    Scarlett, Joseph, and Oakley.
    Attire:97A19AF8-6D41-473F-9B7F-EC3C12EBB383.jpeg

Location: Apple-Bobbing Bins (Day Field) | Interacting/Mentioned: Edan, (Joseph) | Attire: Click

As Adder and Edan stand, waiting for their other friend, the two look around at all the fun activities. Adder has already done a lot of them, but nothing would stop him from doing them again. They're fun, after all. However, he did make it his goal to try every single game at least once today. Either way, he knew they had of plenty of time for that.

Adder zones out on the group of people playing Tug of War. Two teams of ten people are on opposite sides, pulling on a thick rope with a couple knots tied in it here and there. To mark the winning limit, a yellow blanket is rolled up and placed in the middle. So far, the left side is winning. Adder hasn't tried it yet, but that's because he didn't want to leave out his two friends on every activity, obviously. It's not like he just wanted them for their strength during that particular competition, psh...

The firing of a gun snaps Adder out of his daze, and he glances over to Edan.

"Oh, I was gonna watch that! Uh, the- the Costume Relay Race. I told Gob I would," Edan says, directing himself to head that way.

At that exact same moment, Adder received Joseph's message. He looks at his phone to read what he said.

Joseph's Message:
[Yeah just look towards the Garage you'll hear me soon XD]

"Well, there's Joe," Edan says to Adder.

Adder looks up to see Joseph's car entering the garage, "Yeah, he just messaged me at the same time."

The two watch as he pulls a rash stunt just to park his vehicle.

"What is he doi-" Adder is cut off by a revving sound, "Oup," He laughs, "Wild. Imma' go see him. You can come, or we can just meet you at the Costume Race Relay thingy..." With that said, Adder starts jogging over to the garage.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean tamarapasek tamarapasek Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption zuneboo zuneboo Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Edan.jpg

quub.regular.png

Location: Day Field to Garage | Interacting/Mentioned: Adder, Joseph | Attire: Click

"Nah, I'll come with you," Edan says, turning away from the track field where bleachers of rowdy onlookers were chanting his name, urging him to join them--not really, of course. Though, perhaps the aforementioned Gob is wondering where he is.

Maybe next time... he tells himself as he makes toward Joseph's truck with Adder close beside him.

They lose each other in the crowd, but meet up again in the parking lot, which is seemingly less populated.

"Wanna bet on his tank?" Edan asks, looking to Adder with a cheesy grin. "I'm betting three bucks that he's a quarter low."

This is an ongoing activity between the two--and Joseph is nothing less than aware of it.

They near the garage and see Joseph leaning against the front of his truck, arms crossed. That's when Edan asks without hesitation, "How much gas you got?" As he waits, he readies his wallet to either gift or receive the betted amount.

Location: Day Field to Garage | Interacting/Mentioned: Edan, Joseph | Attire: Click

"Nah, I'll come with you." Edan says, joining Adder on his way over to their other friend, Joseph.

Among the energetic crowd, Adder loses sight of Edan, but as he pushed through to the parking lot, Edan is there. They join together again, making way to Joseph.

Edan speaks up, "Wanna bet on his tank?" He says with a cheesy grin, "I'm betting three bucks that he's a quarter low."

Adder takes a moment to think about his answer. At the same time, they finally approach Joseph, leaning against his car.

"How much gas you got? Edan asks with his wallet readied.

Adder laughs, "I'm saying he's got half a tank." He leans forward, nudging Joseph with his shoulder, "So, Joe, what'ya got?"

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean tamarapasek tamarapasek Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption zuneboo zuneboo

Joseph saw his friends coming up to him and his car. When Joseph heard them asked what he had in his tank he sort of blushed and rubbed his neck. "Hey guys what's up. Oh I have about a have a tank left. I saw your text and I sort of rushed over here." Joseph said as he got off his car and walked over the the guys. He looked towards the big festival and let out a deep breath. He never really did like big crowds, but he knew his friends liked this sort of thing, so Joseph didn't mind. Joseph even looked towards the festival hoping to see Becca. Though with no luck he went back to his friends.

"The only thing I ask before we do any activities is that we get food. I am absolutely starving right now." Joseph said as his stomach grumbled and he sort of laughed. All of the smells of food, and other things rushed towards Joseph as the wind started to blow towards them. "I promise if we get food I'll do any activities you guys want to." Joseph said as he laughed and started to head towards the festival, but not before bumping into Adder, and Edan in a total acciddetal way.

Oakley smiled wide as she handed over the apples. “You’re welcome!” She took a bite out of her own apple as she glanced around the fair. “Ooo! Can we please ride the sizzler!! That’s my favorite ride of all time!” She pointed with her free hand over to the purple and silver spinning ride, watching the arms of the machine swing back and forth whipping the people around as the sounds of screams and laughter erupted. “Or we can go play that water game where you shoot the target with water and race the duck or whatever that thing is to the other side! I can’t see it from here.” Oak snickered as she continued to look around the fair “I am down to do whatever you gals wanna do!” Oakley decided she should calm down, she looked at her once bitten apple and took another delicate bite, the caramel stringing from the apple as she pulled the apple away.

In the distance she heard a car screeching and it caught her attention. The cloud of dust it fluffed up from the ground and she rolled her eyes at the sight of the maniac driving. “Can you believe that? Show off.” She muttered nudging Scarlette’s elbow with her own elbow.

Edan.jpg

quub.regular.png

Location: Day Field to Garage | Interacting/Mentioned: Adder, Joseph | Attire: Click

Edan's expression falls flat at Joseph's response. He finishes digging the three dollars from his wallet, then holds them high in the air where Adder cannot reach, "You've gotta earn it~" he says, shaking the bills about with a cheesy grin.

The three of them are very close. While Edan met Adder and Joseph individually, Joseph and Edan hit it off almost immediately that day in the East Corridor during their tour of New Omen University.

Since then, they've been like brothers.

"Just messing," he snickers, "You won fair and square, but buy me a drink, won't you?" Edan winks.

The three start back toward the festivities. Pulling out his phone, Edan tries to check the time, but remembers that the battery is dead with a click of his tongue. Then he says to Adder and Joseph, "Allicia's probably pissed right now..."

Location: Garage to Dayfield (Cotton Candy Stand)| Interacting/Mentioned: Edan, Joseph, Security Guard | Attire: Click
After finally reaching Joseph in the garage, Edan and Adder wait to see his response to their question.

Joseph greets them, "Hey, guys, what's up? Oh, I have about a half tank left. I saw your text and I sort of rushed over here."

Adder turns to Edan to retrieve his fairly won money, but Edan holds his arm up high. He knows Adder can't reach it. I guess that's what sucks about being the shortest of the three.

"You gotta earn it~" Edan shakes the money in his hands, smiling as he speaks.

Adder scoffs, laughing at the same time, since he knows it's a joke.

"Just messing, you won fair and square, but buy me a drink, won't you?" Edan winks.

Adder grabs the three dollars from his hands, "Sure, with your own money. Seems fair enough." He chuckles to himself. His attention is redirected to Joseph.

"The only thing I ask before we do any activities is that we get food. I am absolutely starving right now."

"Yes! Food." Adder says.

Joseph starts looking around for someone specific. Adder grins to himself, knowing exactly who he was searching for.

Adder snaps his fingers towards Joe, "I've been around a lot already, I know where we can get some good nachos and pizza, if you guys are down." That said, he twirls around and heads back towards the festival, leaving them behind, assuming they will follow.

From there, Adder pushes through the crowd again, stumbling over other peoples' feet. There are a lot more people here than he expected. It was exciting.

The boy stands on his toes and tries to look over the crowd. As he excuses himself past every person, Adder finally stumbles out, but bumps into a large security guard.

The guard looks about 6'7 of pure beast. He is wide, but not fat. Rather, he looks like he can lift a car with one hand. He's dressed in mostly black, with a shirt reading, "SECURITY". The guy stares at Adder, holding a mean glare. Adder gulps at his intimidating size.

He clears his throat before letting out a weak "Sorry, sir," and slowly steps away from the guy until his back meets a cotton candy stand. It's not where he intended on ending up, but he decides to wait here for his friends, which he guesses they are in the crowd somewhere.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Ghostiiys Ghostiiys tamarapasek tamarapasek Prince of Corruption Prince of Corruption zuneboo zuneboo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back