• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Freyacre - A Victorian Steampunk Story

Irishthorn

In another universe, in another time, lies the country of Freyacre. This one portion of land in a world unrelated to ours, has been at peace for the last hundred years. Once, long ago, they were one nation, under one ruler, until civil war broke out and divided the land into four countries and a peace treaty was signed after the fifty-six year war. For decades, the people fought, died, and raised children who fought and died, and the circle continued. When it became evident that there would never be an end to the suffering and death, the four leaders – Hishmal, Dinara, Tusket, and Lornea – came together and signed the truce that ended it.

In the signed upon agreement, the residents of their future countries would be confined to where they live, never to traverse to the other countries again without a pass issued by their leaders deeming approval was granted. For the sake of peace, they left one area – Basinmoor – unclaimed as it touched all four lands and provided a sort of neutral ground for each country to be able to conduct business. To live in Basinmoor meant you belonged nowhere. It was little more then a trade center, most folks traveling out with fresh wares from their own countries, spending a few weeks in a tent or lean too shack, selling everything they had brought before heading home.

And so, the next hundred years continued. Lightfalls, the richest kingdom (they are not a democracy here) in the land, retained the north and all the coal mines. The luxury of being wealthy has given them the ability to cultivate several villages around their central town, which house miners and sea farers, hunters and peasants. Their main specialty is steam power, using the coal to convex the steam into energy for an unimaginable assortment of developments and inventions.

Embermount, a city of middle-class folks, is surrounded by walls of mountains. The natural barriers protect the city from outside intrusion, with a single road leading through the perilous mountains. Unfortunately for them, this land has no lakes or rivers, so the city is centered around the coast, and thrives on clocks, gears, and springs.

Sungrave is just that. The desert is hot, the sun hotter. Traveling across the sands has claimed its fair share of lives, and only the most experienced pass it with any regularity. Due to this, the country itself has little do with the rest of the world. They have developed solar power, but have kept this secret close to their hearts for a number of decades. Some of the other countries have seen, but do not own, any of this technology. The people here thrive, but to all outsiders they are a mystery.

Lastly, we have Blackwich, a junker town to the south. Many items end up in Basinmoor’s brackish waters, rushed down the continent by the swift flowing currents. Centuries ago, it was a dump ground for the united country, but when war broke out, many who wished not to participate moved there. Over time, a city evolved. They have a combination of technology from the other countries, as they have reverse engineered much of the broken tools, appliances and other technology they found there. Now, two cities have evolved. Blackwich is the capital, with Rustpond being built on the other side of the junkyard. Originally, it was just on the land, bumping up against the waters edge, but as populations grew, the need for more houses did as well, and soon the city found ways to build stilted houses on the water. Now, half the town resides over open water.

All of the cities, except for Lightfall, have some form of democracy. Sungrave is ruled by a council, Embermount is ruled by a King and Queen that use a system of democracy when making decisions – you might think of them as figureheads who break ties. Lastly, Blackwich is full democracy, with mayors and senators, though its very lax and has very little rules outside of those needed to move between country to country.

Now that you know about the towns, and some of the history, lets jump to the background of our story.

Lightfalls may sound like a cheery town, but the truth is they have been building an army. For the last fifty years they have worked in quiet fierceness to build an army bigger, and more advance, then the rest of the continent. Their current ruler (name here) has promised his people that before he dies, the country will be under one leader again. A revolution has began under his nose, with people starting to spread rumors to the other countries that they need to be prepared.

In Basinmoor, a group of rebels has started to form, a combination of people trying to convince their personal governments to listen, and if not the government, the people. A revolution and a war is coming. Its time to tear down the walls, break through the prejudice, and protect those you love, because before long, black smoke from coal burning and stacks of steam may be filling the air, as those around you fall, never to rise again.

Which side will you be on?

1653314590224.png

so we have two revolutionary factions. so uh... we start two more in the other nations and go full communism? well, i am interested.

Awesome! I'm going to put together a basic character sheet today and I'll post it here so you guys can put in a character sheet. Any question? I have discord if you guys want to add me for chat

Murdergurl Murdergurl did you change your mind? lol I saw your post before bed last night but didn't get to reply
After re-reading the setting, I thought my idea wouldnt really fit. So I decided to delete my interest and not have to bother you for a response. But since you rsponded anyway, I'll restate my notion. lol

A junker mechanic from Rustpond. Makes her living scavenging the rivers in her boat, and refurbishing the parts into useful tech. She is a competent maritime pilot and has a knack for navigating the waters to find the spots where the flotsam jams up on riverbanks. Possibly lives out on a boathouse or something.

Also, I feel I should ask if the setting is limited to just human species as the PCs. There was no mention of other races. So I am assuming the answe ris probably no. But I'm gonna ask just in case. lol

Last edited:
After re-reading the setting, I thought my idea wouldnt really fit. So I decided to delete my interest and not have to bother you for a response. But since you rsponded anyway, I'll restate my notion. lol

A junker mechanic from Rustpond. Makes her living scavenging the rivers in her boat, and refurbishing the parts into useful tech. She is a competent maritime pilot and has a knack for navigating the waters to find the spots where the flotsam jams up on riverbanks. Possibly lives out on a boathouse or something.

Also, I feel I should ask if the setting is limited to just human species as the PCs. There was no mention of other races. So I am assuming the answe ris probably no. But I'm gonna ask just in case. lol
You know I hadn't thought about other races - but I'm not opposed to it. I like the idea of a riverboat scavenger - maybe she can get pulled into the setting by being enticed into the rebel party as their transportation up and down river or something

I am going to post the character sheet here for now, you guys can post them back here with your pictures

Character Sheet Requirements
Name:
Nickname: (if applicable)
Age and Date of Birth:
Sexual Orientation & Relationship Status:
Face Claim: (if you have a name of who you'll be using for your char.)
Height:
Affiliation: (Rebels, Unaffiliated, Royalist)
Appearance:
Role/Occupation:
Skills:
Dislikes: (5+)
Personality:
History: 2+ paragraphs
Notable Relationships: (e.g. family, friends, romantic, enemies)

I like a bit of free flow to my RP, but I understand some ideas need to be sketched out first in order to keep the story moving - here's what I have for chapter 1:

1. Into all chars
2. Discuss unrest in the north
3. Set some background (I will do a lot of this for you guys so you have some more indepth ideas on the story, but feel free to help me flesh it out because i'm open to all ideas.)

I also have something planned but I'll keep that a secret so you guys have something to look forward too.

Name: Evelyn Terrakal

Nickname: Hammerhead

Age and Date of Birth: 25 (Not sure if the calendar works the same way in this world you've made so I'm leaving their date of birth out)

Sexual Orientation & Relationship Status: Bisexual

Face Claim: Ashe (The details for the pic I chose say she is from Overwatch but that character has short hair and in the pic she has long hair so I'm not sure, but I'll put it down as inspiration anyway.)

Ashe, yoonsun lee.jpg
Height: 6' 1"

Affiliation: Royalist

Appearance: She has platinum blonde hair and somehow auburn eyes. Her iris' are light but in the light she has a red tint to them.

Role/Occupation: Soldier of Lightfalls. For the time being she patrols the border to make sure there are no intruders and no one is trying to escape unless they have a seal of approval from the king or queen.

Skills: Knows how to fight with a hammer. The said hammer was made with a makeshift pump inside designed to give the extra power with each impact made with the hammer. She is street smart, but not exactly intelligent.

Likes: (5+) Hammers (Obviously), liquor, fighting, working out, and gardening.

Dislikes: (5+) Talkative people, children, heights, hot weather, and showing vulnerability in any way.

Personality: She is a conflicted person with not wanting to get close to people yet she is afraid of dying alone with no friends and/family. She does not like to stay at home on her free time unless she is gardening, so she will usually end up at a bar of some sort. She is a stingy person yet revels the thrill of a good fight. She is a staunch believer in the cause for the kingdom of Lightfall wanting to conquer other territories.

History: Surprisingly, she was raised in a normal family. Her family was not considered wealthy compared to others in the kingdom, but they were well off. Her father is a blacksmith for the royal army which is what influenced her to want to become a soldier. What really cemented her resolve to join the military was when her older brother confided in her that he wanted to escape Lightfall to explore the land. And he wanted to start with Basinmoor. Even though they had other siblings the two were inseparable so he invited her to join him in his travel and she gleefully agreed.

After much planning, in the dead of night they left behind their family and were able to pass the borderline to Basinmoor. Both were excited, but this celebration was short-lived. The first group of people that spotted them immediately could tell that they came from Lightfall. Their prejudice against the country itself got the best of them and threatened Evelyn and her brother to go back. When her brother politely declined, they killed him and chased after her. She got away and decided solemnly that it was best for her to go back home. It was at this time that she believed the people of Lightfall were the only ones worth a damn in the land.

Notable Relationships: A mother, a father, a younger brother and a sister.

Name: Evelyn Terrakal

Nickname: Hammerhead

Age and Date of Birth: 25 (Not sure if the calendar works the same way in this world you've made so I'm leaving their date of birth out)

Sexual Orientation & Relationship Status: Bisexual

Face Claim: Ashe (The details for the pic I chose say she is from Overwatch but that character has short hair and in the pic she has long hair so I'm not sure, but I'll put it down as inspiration anyway.)

View attachment 988891
Height: 6' 1"

Affiliation: Royalist

Appearance: She has platinum blonde hair and somehow auburn eyes. Her iris' are light but in the light she has a red tint to them.

Role/Occupation: Soldier of Lightfalls. For the time being she patrols the border to make sure there are no intruders and no one is trying to escape unless they have a seal of approval from the king or queen.

Skills: Knows how to fight with a hammer. The said hammer was made with a makeshift pump inside designed to give the extra power with each impact made with the hammer. She is street smart, but not exactly intelligent.

Likes: (5+) Hammers (Obviously), liquor, fighting, working out, and gardening.

Dislikes: (5+) Talkative people, children, heights, hot weather, and showing vulnerability in any way.

Personality: She is a conflicted person with not wanting to get close to people yet she is afraid of dying alone with no friends and/family. She does not like to stay at home on her free time unless she is gardening, so she will usually end up at a bar of some sort. She is a stingy person yet revels the thrill of a good fight. She is a staunch believer in the cause for the kingdom of Lightfall wanting to conquer other territories.

History: Surprisingly, she was raised in a normal family. Her family was not considered wealthy compared to others in the kingdom, but they were well off. Her father is a blacksmith for the royal army which is what influenced her to want to become a soldier. What really cemented her resolve to join the military was when her older brother confided in her that he wanted to escape Lightfall to explore the land. And he wanted to start with Basinmoor. Even though they had other siblings the two were inseparable so he invited her to join him in his travel and she gleefully agreed.

After much planning, in the dead of night they left behind their family and were able to pass the borderline to Basinmoor. Both were excited, but this celebration was short-lived. The first group of people that spotted them immediately could tell that they came from Lightfall. Their prejudice against the country itself got the best of them and threatened Evelyn and her brother to go back. When her brother politely declined, they killed him and chased after her. She got away and decided solemnly that it was best for her to go back home. It was at this time that she believed the people of Lightfall were the only ones worth a damn in the land.

Notable Relationships: A mother, a father, a younger brother and a sister.
Fantastic Character sheet! We need a few more - I'm working on mine tonight, will post tomorrow. Its been a busy holiday weekend *lesigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back