• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Frenchwoods Camp of Magic CS/OOC

Error 420

One Thousand Club
It is a common theory in adult sciences that playing pretend is nothing more than an evolutionary byproduct of adolescence, a tool used to entertain children and nothing more. It is also a common theory in adult sciences that a child's time is better spent studying for examinations, preparing résumés, and acquiescing the same sense of joyless efficiency that best benefits society. Adult science is full of graphs and figures, numbers and calculations. There is no room for magic. To accept the existence of magic is akin to throwing out all you know of science and math, to give in to nonsensical fantasy, true insanity and depravity. And that, dear reader, is exactly what you must do when reading this story. You must surrender all your senses to pure nonsense, and experience true magic.

The Players
queen-of-hearts-playing-card-illustration-id163861669
king-of-clubs-playing-card-illustration-id163861666
queen-of-diamonds-playing-card-illustration-id163861668
jack-of-spades-playing-card-illustration-id163855548

This is for an RP called Frenchwoods Camp of Magic. Check out the interest check here.
The way that these playing cards work is that your character has to be tied in some way to your own interpretation of the card. Maybe the image inspires you, maybe the meaning of the card, but be as creative as possible with your decision. Your character must be 16 and under, preferably from 8-10. If you don't know how to play a child, don't worry, it's much easier than you'd think.

The CS may be as simplistic or stylized as you want, but it must include your playing card, your name, a suitable image of your character, and an explanation of your character. It should not be an endless backstory or just a list of personality traits. Explain what your character acts like, who they are, maybe why you decided on this character. If there is an important detail in their backstory, feel free to tell it if you feel it is important to our understanding. There are only four spots, so don't wait too long.

(Yes, I know about the watermarks. It's hard to get playing card designs that look good.)

I'm sorry, but this is not what I asked for in the CS, please try again.

Alright, I made my edits.

I included why Eva has those personality traits along with the way she usually acts with people. I added some details to her appearance and added why I chose this character. Oh, and I also added some details to her likes, dislikes, and weaknesses.

While I appreciate the effort, that is not what I asked for in the CS. Cut out your backstory, dislikes, likes, personality traits, theme song, and just tell me informally what your character is like. Explain them to me how you would a family member or a friend.

Ah, I see. I'll do that right away^^

Do you have to have your OC gender correspond with the card you choose?

Queen of Diamond

Angel Mirthshade

1b5b7973f4a50260612161dc1ed5029c.jpg

Angel is a very artistic type person, but he is also very calm, intelligent individual. He is respected by many individuals of all ages even though appears completely from other boys his age.

Angel enjoys doing things at a relaxed pace. Though he was raised by a rich family, Angel never really liked to show how fortunate he was to be born with a silver spoon. Instead, Angel decided to wear plain clothing so that people wouldn't be intimated by him at first glance. Angel loves to study different types of spiritual things and add what he had learned to his art. For someone as young as himself, Angel seems to have a good sense of intuition about many things. Angel never really minds change and somehow can adapt to new environments pretty quickly and keep his calm type nature.

Besides being an artist, Angel can learn new things fairly quickly, one of his four talents. Another one of his four talents is being musical. Angel is a talented singer with a great vocal cord that he can almost seem to mimic most singers but he can also mimic other people voices too.

Though, Angel is bit of an worrisome person. Angel tends to worry if he is good or not. He wrestles with the idea that he is never good enough. Angel never seeks help from other people when he really needs to because he doesn't want to bother other people. Whenever he is alone, Angel always blames himself pretty harshly for not being able to achieve what he wanted to achieve.

In summery, Angel is a very talented boy for his age, but has a lack of self-faith since he never thinks he is a good enough person.

I think Angel is very fitting to be a Queen of Diamond. Like a Diamond, he shines bright making people look up to him as an inspirational person even though he is only a young 9 year old boy. As a Queen, he acts mature, confident, and calm but is never afraid to express any other emotion. Also as a Queen, Angel is able to look past a certain thing or event and move on forward. Like a Queen of Diamond, Angel shows that he has many talents and that he is a very smart person who is selfless. I have decided on this character because he is an expression of someone who was born with great gifts but always puts himself down for never being good enough and never sees himself as someone better than another person.

Silvana Silvana Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas My apologies for the late response, but in light of some creative changes, I'm restructuring this RP into something more like a Freak of the Week serial. If you are still interested in playing, please like this post within the next week. If not, please drop me a quick PM saying you are not interested and delete your CS's. I won't be offended at all. Your current characters will stay as they are if you do play, but I will elaborate that your choice in card will have a pronounced effect on narrative and mechanic components of the RP for them.

I wasn't even aware this started, but I'll have a Jester card up soon enough

slim slim Don't let that get in the way of your current character concept though. Post it here, and we can talk about what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back