• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Freedom of the Nameless {open}

_em_

hufflepuff

---

1a7c3b2704a19abff1bde33756e3e934.gif

---

The townsfolk had gathered outside the castle at lightning speed, a few stragglers filling out the back of the crowd amid questioning whispers of what, exactly, was going on. The spokesperson standing before them using the edge of the fountain as a makeshift stage motioned to a member of the royal guard accompanying him. The guard lifted his bugle and blew out a few notes, causing the crowd to fall silent.

“Good morning, everyone,” the spokesperson shouted, “I know this is very last minute. On behalf of the king and queen I would like to say thank you for gathering quickly.”

The hot summer sun beat down on the kingdom of Estosa.

“As many of you know,” the man continued, “the Archmage’s apprentice is set to be coronated and make their first public appearance tonight; an event we know you have all been waiting years for-” he was cut off to loud cheers and a buzz of excitement rushing through the crowd. He laughed nervously; a bead of sweat rolled down the back of his neck. The coronation ball scheduled for tonight had been eighteen years in the making. Sure, the general public hadn’t been invited to the ball happening within the castle walls, but the rumors swirling around about the Archmage’s apprentice had been circulating from the moment they had been born.

“Everyone shut it! I wanna hear what the man has to say!” someone yelled over the hubbub. Another nervous laugh escaped the spokesperson’s lips.

“Which is why…” he trailed off, clearing his throat. He stared at one of the stone houses just beyond the crowd, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone, “Which is why, it is with the royal family’s and the Archmage’s deepest apologies, that the coronation ball tonight has been cancelled-”

This time he was cut off to harsh exclamations and tense whispers. One of the guards flanking either side of him blew their bugle. The crowd reluctantly felt silent.

“We understand that you were all looking forward and have been waiting a long time to celebrate the Archmage’s apprentice’s coronation and eighteenth birthday together, and to finally be able to put a face to the person you’ve all taken to calling ‘the chosen one’ these past few years, but they have unfortunately fallen ill and are not able to leave their bed chambers.”

The tension was unreal. Seconds felt like years. “Questions will not be taken at this time. We thank you for your understanding.”

The people of Estosa cleared the way for him as the guards motioned for them to clear a path through the town square. He could feel the eyes burning into his skull and resolutely looked forward.

“They’re cancelling the chosen one’s birthday because of a freakin’ cold?”

“This has to be a joke-”

“I’m calling bull. We’ve been waiting years for this, there’s no way-”

Every single conspiracy he heard float through the sea of whispers made the weight on his shoulders feel heavier and heavier. The end of the lane that had been cleared for him felt like it was getting farther and farther away with every step, and he was sure that they could tell he was lying. It was such a last minute cover story, there was no way anyone in their right mind would buy it, but the truth? Well, the truth was the reason why the royal guard was dispersed all over the land of Estosa, why himself and his team were frantically making calls to neighboring kingdoms, and why the Archmage had spent the entirety of the day on the verge of tears...

The truth was that the chosen one had run away in the middle of the night.

---

the less creative version with extra info lol; estosa is a kingdom facing a {insert threat/war i still need to determine} that the townsfolk have been led to believe only the chosen one can stop. problem: the chosen one is a seventeen year old teenage girl who has run away the night before her coronation/eighteenth birthday, which was meant to double as her public reveal. yeah- the public doesn’t know what the chosen one looks like, or even what their name is. this was meant to keep the chosen one focusing on their studies so that, when the time came, they could properly defend their kingdom and fulfill their ‘destiny’. but why did the chosen one run away? because she’s never left the castle walls, and her entire life what lays beyond them has been calling her. she’s kept quiet for the last seventeen years and focused on honing her craft under the close mentorship of the archmage, but the night before her eighteenth birthday the dread of never getting to experience some shred of freedom suffocates her, so she runs. she runs all night until her legs go numb, and that’s when she stumbles upon your character’s party camping in the woods. out of the kindness of their hearts (and perhaps to the chagrin of a moodier member), they invite her to stay the night and travel with them; it’s obvious that she’s on the run from something, and no one in the party is a stranger to dark pasts, but since they’re dedicated nomads who rarely stay in one place for longer than two weeks they aren’t in estosa the next day to hear tell of the chosen one running away.

---

so...first of all, if you read all of that, thank you. this idea stemmed from the inspiration for a dnd character i had and, after actively searching for a campaign to join with them and failing epically, i just decided to try and start a group rp based on the idea i had. that being said, it is not a flushed out idea at all. this rp will require heavy collaboration and plotting on everyone’s end; it is also 18+ since i’m 22 and would to like to write with fellow adults.

if enough people show interest i can make a character audition thread and share some more of my ideas. i was ideally looking for a group of four to make up the band that’s stumbled upon in the forest, with my character (the chosen one) added on it would be five. i was also thinking there could be an entire side story and characters who are apart of the royal guard and family, and it would be exceptionally awesome if someone wanted to play the archmage. if you’re intrigued i would appreciate it if you could at least drop a like. thank you again c:

this is NOT first come, first serve.

-link to character application thread-

- em

Last edited:
bringing this back bcuz i'm feeling ✨spicy✨

this time around i'm including roles so things don't feel so open-ended, and by roles i really mean archetypes. the only restrictions are 'the rebel' role has to be a teen like 'the chosen one', and your characters have to be human; there will be other races in the land of estosa but our main cast will not include them. and in case it wasn't clear: i will be playing the chosen one for plotting reasons.

the group:
- the dad/mom
- the rebel
- the hotshot

- the genius

the royalty:
- the archmage
- the knight
- the knight's apprentice
- the prince

also: i've left up character apps that were previously posted in my last attempt at getting this up and running, specifically so people who applied previously and want to try again with the same character can do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back