• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Freedom of the Nameless -ooc

_em_

hufflepuff
Hello! Welcome! If you've received this link, it's because I've selected you to be a part of this rp in one way or another.

Main Four:
idalie idalie w/ Kazimir Vyhozsky
Nevix Nevix w/ Colm
Cosmo Cosmo w/ Antonius Becker
Goonfire Goonfire w/ Hulta Louhi

Archmage:
AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa w/ Tamara Eris

Chosen One:
_em_ _em_ w/ Salara Dur'raj

Thank you so much for applying! I'm beyond excited to get writing c: Please introduce yourself and your character so we can get to know each other a bit- and a question: how do we feel about creating characters from the royal family and having a side story about them going on? Or even bounty hunters who have been hired to track down Salara?

I'll start with the intros: Hi! I'm Em, I'm 22, and am basically a crazy cat lady with a bad Taylor Swift obsession. My character's Salara Dur'raj, though she normally goes by Sal rather than her full name. She's a wide-eyed, curious mess who's supposed to save the world and has no idea. So...that's fun.

Oml, I didn’t think I’d make it in. I was packing up early. I did keep a copy of Hulta’s CS, so let me put that back up, then I’ll put up an intro of sorts 😂

FinishedFoolishBittern-max-1mb.gif

Hello, I am Cosmo, 28 [Getting old], and am a pretty boring person if I am being honest. I've spent the last like week rewatching impractical jokers on HBOmax and that is.. about as exciting as my week has been.

I usually try to avoid playing more the one character, like I have no issue playing NPCs or like minor characters that only appear once in awhile, but I usually try to stick to one just because I find I really don't enjoy writing one as much as the other, but if ya need someone to fill in a slot for a royal family member, I can do that. I think bounty hunters make a lot of sense!

My fellow party members! Should we like cover how long they've been together? I had it that Sigi was pretty recent to their group so not sure how 'recent' we should make it and probably hash out like some initial relations they have built up at the start of it before their wide eyed ward stumbles upon them?

So I'm Thyme, 25 but feeling 55. I mostly write and draw things related to D&D, gaming, the metaphysical, and steampunk.

I'm playing Hulta. Pretty sure I want her to also be a newer addition, given her age. I get the impression the group would be somewhat new; formed within the last couple years at least, but certainly not inexperienced. By the looks of it, Hulta will be the go-to person of the main four when it comes to magic and alchemy. I based her class on the witch from Pathfinder, an intelligence-based caster who can use a wide variety of magical abilities that aren't always spells.

Last edited:
I'm Vex! AAA I didn't think I'd make it 🥺 I'm 20, 21 in August, big fan of history and fantasy, actually started getting into steampunk as a subgenre too!! Got a favourite period for everything, though I'm especially focused on medieval Russia at the second.

As for Kazimir or any one of his nicknames, I'd absolutely love a pretty fresh party travelling together. Everyone still having to get to know each other and breaking down initial barriers would prove an interesting aspect! Kazya is in general, a culture shock on two legs with a paternal side and the superstitions of someone's psychic aunt. But I love him (:

I'd probably like to see how the roleplay goes before investing in another character, maybe as a second arc? But I'd love to focus on Kazimir for now! Although, I do have some great ideas for a bounty hunter if it comes to it!

I was thinking about when the group would have formed and read their backgrounds, they are all pretty 'recent' and I don't think their group dynamic would survive longer then a month or two, maybe three, and a few months is outright listed by Vexed, so I feel like that.. feels right.

So my thoughts were Kazimir was hired by *insert person* to do something, clear some highwaymen, maybe kill goblins, whatever and Colm was also hired by the same person to act as a guide/scout to get them there and help remove them. Those two forming the 'core' of the initial group [Could even be like those two had others hired with them but they died or over like a week or two, those other hires split off]. Then Sigismund joined them on either that quest or another one, guy is a Paladin so pretty easy for him to join anyone if he thinks the quest is a 'noble one'.

Last addition would be Hulta who they found in the middle of a fight, either at the location of a quest they were on or like randomly, and the four of them have been together for a month, maybe two?

I just don't feel these four would be able to be together for longer because they are all fairly distant with like three of them being a bit abrasive. I think they need a 'glue', someone that they can, through some way or another, attach themselves to and through them open up to the other three members, [So pretty much need someone 'soft' to act as a mediator/reason to not break up over arguments] which is going to be Salara. Also kinda like the idea of this group of adventurers who are kinda sus and not super liking one another becoming a family on this new adventure with their adopted sorcerer.

Let me know your thoughts!

I'm Vex! AAA I didn't think I'd make it 🥺 I'm 20, 21 in August, big fan of history and fantasy, actually started getting into steampunk as a subgenre too!! Got a favourite period for everything, though I'm especially focused on medieval Russia at the second.

As for Kazimir or any one of his nicknames, I'd absolutely love a pretty fresh party travelling together. Everyone still having to get to know each other and breaking down initial barriers would prove an interesting aspect! Kazya is in general, a culture shock on two legs with a paternal side and the superstitions of someone's psychic aunt. But I love him (:

I'd probably like to see how the roleplay goes before investing in another character, maybe as a second arc? But I'd love to focus on Kazimir for now! Although, I do have some great ideas for a bounty hunter if it comes to it!
I think you’d enjoy Hellish Quart. It’s a fighting game with very quick matches, based around HEMA. There’s a playable 17th century Cossack with an amazing move set. His saber is partly sharpened on the inverse curved side, making him difficult to block because he can reach around and over his opponent’s blade.

I was thinking about when the group would have formed and read their backgrounds, they are all pretty 'recent' and I don't think their group dynamic would survive longer then a month or two, maybe three, and a few months is outright listed by Vexed, so I feel like that.. feels right.

So my thoughts were Kazimir was hired by *insert person* to do something, clear some highwaymen, maybe kill goblins, whatever and Colm was also hired by the same person to act as a guide/scout to get them there and help remove them. Those two forming the 'core' of the initial group [Could even be like those two had others hired with them but they died or over like a week or two, those other hires split off]. Then Sigismund joined them on either that quest or another one, guy is a Paladin so pretty easy for him to join anyone if he thinks the quest is a 'noble one'.

Last addition would be Hulta who they found in the middle of a fight, either at the location of a quest they were on or like randomly, and the four of them have been together for a month, maybe two?

I just don't feel these four would be able to be together for longer because they are all fairly distant with like three of them being a bit abrasive. I think they need a 'glue', someone that they can, through some way or another, attach themselves to and through them open up to the other three members, [So pretty much need someone 'soft' to act as a mediator/reason to not break up over arguments] which is going to be Salara. Also kinda like the idea of this group of adventurers who are kinda sus and not super liking one another becoming a family on this new adventure with their adopted sorcerer.

Let me know your thoughts!
I feel like they’d at least have built up enough of a rapport that they wouldn’t be tempted to strangle one another or run off. Hulta’s cooperative, just not super lively, warm, and talkative. It’s a situation of “she’ll warm up to you”, and I think that’s what we’re trying to avoid—the initial break-in period.

I feel like they’d at least have built up enough of a rapport that they wouldn’t be tempted to strangle one another or run off. Hulta’s cooperative, just not super lively, warm, and talkative. It’s a situation of “she’ll warm up to you”, and I think that’s what we’re trying to avoid—the initial break-in period.

I think a month or two of traveling together would build a level of rapport. That's a month/two months of fairly constant interaction between camping, trips together and staying near each other whenever they came back to town.

Like Sigismund isn't sticking with an adventuring group for a year [at least not before he's gone through some personal growth]. Three months is, I feel, about when he'd take his leave from a group unless he had a reason to stay, so a month/two months is hitting that 'peak' everyone knows each other but not to the point where everyone knows a lot about the other. Most of them would be acquaintances, some bordering friendship, which skips the 'break-in' period but still allows for growth and interactions during the RP.

I dunno, I feel there will be times where Sigismund and Hulta will feel like strangling one another. Like I feel Sigismund and Kazimer will be like a pendulum. One day they get along great, next day they are butting heads and snapping at one another. Only takes one really bad day, or couple of days, to make some of these people, who don't tend to get attached to others and are on self-imposed exiles of some sort or another, to shrug and go their own way.

i'm so happy everyone's started chatting- i'm at work tho and i already know i'm gonna pass out when i get home, so i'll join in whenever i get a minute.

I'm Nevix (or Nev, whatever works!). I'm 21, I'm really into both film and music.

My character is Colm. I think I described him as a "social maladroit" which is a term that I can't remember where I picked up but it fits really well lmao. He's not anti-social he just doesn't really get how to talk to people and prefers not to because it makes him feel stupid. I like Cosmo's idea about him having been hired alongside Kazimir. Even if it isn't those two characters specifically, I think having some of the characters be familiar at the start of the story will make developing a group dynamic a lot smoother.

I would be fine with playing a bounty hunter, or someone associated with the royal family.

I think you’d enjoy Hellish Quart. It’s a fighting game with very quick matches, based around HEMA. There’s a playable 17th century Cossack with an amazing move set. His saber is partly sharpened on the inverse curved side, making him difficult to block because he can reach around and over his opponent’s blade.
AHH, I'll definitely have to look into it! That sounds amazing, I was briefly acquainted with the HEMA community as well!! It's all adding up 🧐

Took me a while to get back to my computer! I do like the idea of being together for 3-6 months though. When you're in a living space with someone constantly, like moving into university halls with strangers, you learn to coexist but still remain in that uncertain acquaintance stage!

Kazimir and Colm I could see getting hired together though for certain. Colm doesn't know how to interact, Kazimir is doing his best to remain apathetic but is certainly known for rambling to himself.
Cosmo spot on with the pendulum vibes between Kaz and Siggi!! I get that feeling, especially with Siggi being genuinely a little frigid while Kazimir tries to mask it and eventually lets emotions get the better of him!
With Hulta certainly he'd be wary of magic, but I can see him developing a wry back and forth repertoire with her 🤔

But I gotta say Cosmo Cosmo 's base idea seems like a great way to smoothly introduce everyone!

Three months wouldn't be bad at all. Could even have a bit of fun where Sigismund intended to leave the group when they got back to town [since their sorceress runs into them in the middle of the forest, so I assume either on their way to a job or on their way back] and hadn't told them yet. Could be fun thing to pop up later if it gets leaked that Sigi totally intended to ditch them and go on his own again before all of this happened.

Relationship Ideas!
So tackling like... the relationships I kinda figure Sigismund would have developed with his fellow party members in the months, or however long everyone decides, has been established.

Kazimir Vyhozsky - They have a lot in common but also have a lot of differences. Both had a strong sense of duty and obligation but failed that and so are kinda running from that failure but neither would ever talk about that. Both are stubborn and tend to speak their minds even when it isn't nice or good to do so. I think the issues would come when both have different ideas over what should be done. They are both veterans, both have a bit of an ego, Kazya has some anger issues, and neither is afraid to tell the other they are wrong or full of shit so I could see small things making things 'frosty' for awhile. But on good days, I can see them sparring and sharing stories. They both really have that 'leader' archetype to manage the group which would also likely cause some headbutts as they argue what is the best way to do something... Oh, and Sigismund does have 'magic', just divine magic. Paladin and what not so his magic is mostly 'I'ma hit that thing really, really hard' and some minor healing that works once a day [When his powers even work cause crisis of faith and what not]. I know Kazya is wary of magic, but not sure if he is wary of divine magic too or if its like 'Oh, that is like the priest magic from the clan, whatever, that's fine'.

So bump heads, head bumping is more aggressive and 'harmful' then normal, but also get along very well on other days and Sigismund respects Kazya as a man and warrior [Pendulum relationship! Either good or bad depending on the day, never in the middle]

Colm - So.. I'ma just assuming Sigi doesn't know about Colm's criminal status for arson. Works well cause its not like Sigismund has a giant book filled with every wanted criminal in the kingdom and Colm doesn't have a last name so kinda hard to track him down anyways. If Sigismund ever found out, that could become very interesting though. I think their relationship would be very stable. I don't see them butting heads often just because Colm doesn't speak much. Sigismund would have respect for Colm's abilities and skill, skills Sigismund, himself, lacks. Might even watch him to try and pick things up. I think the only thing that could cause debates and issues are like.. say, finding out bandits are blocking a road. Colm would want to just go around, no reason to fight them if they don't have to, while Sigismund would want to go and smack them up because even if their group can easily go around them, the next group of travelers may not be so lucky so its their 'duty' to ensure the safety of the people that come after them. I don't even see this causing too much of an issue as Colm, from his cs, is willing to follow the lead of others that seem to know what their doing. So, yea, a stable relationship with respect.

I do like the idea of Kazya and Sigismund trying to teach Colm swordsmenship though. Either that being like something they just started before the RP starts or something they start as the RP starts going. That just seems fun.

Hulta Louhi - This one is fun! I mean someone 'Disgusted by temples [so organized religion in general?]' is traveling with a Paladin raised by a temple, acts as the militant arm of said temple and even gives large portions of whatever money he earns [so in a way, is the groups money] to the temple as tithe. XD Like, that has got to cause some eye rolls from both of them. Hulta is a pessimist and so distrustful, Sigismund is more of an optimist willing to trust people until given a reason not to and believes in people. I think they'd clash but not like as violently or 'frost' as Sigismund and Kazya do [She might even be a bit of the peacekeeper there, a sarcastic comment on how they are acting like children to wound their egos and keep it from escalating]. I think its more like snide comments, jokes at the other's expensive, etc. So sarcasm and eye rolls. I think she can often serve as like the voice of reason with her stealthy approach. Like if they come to a situation, I feel Sigismund would prefer the direct approach, and Kazya would probably back him up on that direct approach, where Hulta would offer an alternative suggestion that may be better and so, with a bit of discussion and more eye rolls and sarcasm, gets taken.

I kinda wanna see what happens with her trust issues. Cause I assume she's run into issues with temples before because she dislikes them + fear of smallfolk because she is a witch, so naturally distrustful of religious figures [I'm guessing? I could be wrong], but distant and abrasive as Sigismund is, he is very trustworthy and reliable. Will there be some level of trust there, buried behind the eye rolls and sarcasm they shoot one another, or is it still like.. understanding that if the day comes where it was the temple vs her, she'd come up short?

Seems like a really fun duo tho!

okay, okay, i'm here!

first of all, i love all of your ideas and am so down for them. three months seems perfect to me, also.

i want to add on that, while i agree individually the four don't seem the type to get attached to the idea of a group, i honestly was imagining they would wind up sticking together for the long haul just for the sake of having a 'family', i suppose. i guess i was picturing them all as lonely spirits, despite the fact that they come off as unwelcoming. does that make sense? i was also imagining a scenario where the four tries to go their own ways but keeps running into each other. just for the lols.

and i like the note about sal being the mediator- that is very much her speed; she's gonna be terrified of losing her newfound 'friends' and won't want them to go their separate ways (and she'll also wanna know absolutely everything about them), so she's gonna discover a whole new conversationalist side to herself that she didn't know existed. not to mention i can definitely picture the four staying together just for the sole purpose of figuring out who the hell sal is, whether that includes potentially selfish bounty intentions or genuine curiosity.

i'm pretty sure my grammar sucks rn cuz i can't concentrate on anything to save my life at the moment. if that's the case, i'm sorry for what your eyeballs just endured.

AAHHH I'M LATE TO EVERYTHING!!!

I'm Ari, but someone was already named that so I had to add Number Two to the name. I'm 18 (which makes me the youngest here 😤 ) and I adore fantasy and anime settings! My character is Tamara Eris, the mommy Archmage who will be very, very angry when she learns that a bunch of ruffians have a hold of her young bby apprentice.

And yesss we need people to rescue Salara! Tamara can fund them herself! And if we're getting them, will it be possible for Tamara to travel with them incognito? She would want to do what she failed to do in the past, and rescue the person close to her. Not every blind warlock's the Archmage 😉

Also what would everyone's opinion be on the Archmage and the romanticized stories about her?

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa They spun it to make it sound great to turn her into a hero, but what else is known? Like is her pact with a fiend known [Or whispered]? Did how she kill Delvin come to light and is known as part of the story? Those two would have an impact on how Sigismund viewed the whole thing.

Also, you think mage towers have like a D.A.R.E program? Only instead of it being against drugs, its against making pacts with ancient entities? The Devil/Demon. Abuse. Resistance. Education program? Cthulhu, Not Even Once. Just Say No... to Great Old Ones. Only YOU can prevent Demonic Possession. Etc.

Tamara didn't kill Delvin, it was the conspirators who killed her family and set the house on fire~

The whole pact thing is whispered, but she hasn't used the powers for any ill intent. And the people all know how she lost her husband and daughter to the attempted coup's villainous schemes, then rose with a fiery vengeance which allowed her to lead the long defense of the kingdom from the conspirators, which she also headed the crackdown of. I was really tired when I blazed through her backstory, so there might be some stuff that needs clearing up :p

"Only YOU can prevent Demonic Poessession" jfkadshg I love that so much. My guess is it'll depend on the mage of the tower if they actively go against the eldritch or not

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Whoops, I mean the guy she killed in the same manner Delvin died [The tar and burning]? Like is the fact she tarred and burned the guy, before bringing him back to face the king and their trial, known? Or is it just like, 'Whoops, leader died before we could capture him, oh darn'?

oohhh, then yes, people know that she killed the leader. But I imagine that the majorityof people are willing to look past his "unfortunate" death for the sake of their kingdom

Kazimirs big thing with magic he's afraid he'll get cursed due to some major superstitions. Women especially marry into the assumption given the background of culture but equal parts I'm sure he wouldn't want Sigismund's help after an argument for fear of the 'Evil Eye'. Its the essence of don't disrespect anyone who could turn you into a frog/hex you into oblivion 🤭

As for the group family dynamics, I do maintain that Kazya has never wanted to be alone, it was a forced self exile. So I can see him acting up the exasperation if they kept running into eachother lmao. Man is just a bit of a softie x

I think the Archmage, our group milf ofc, would be an amusingly tricky situation to navigate. Kazya puts a lot of respect toward magic users, again out of fear, but with all the crimes under her belt? I wonder if that could be a relatable point of losing honour for the sake of revenge. Definitely admiring her dedication to Salara as a family man but recognising shes a force actively working against the group? If thats in play?

🤔 So, in that case, overall, I think Sigismund respects her for her actions in 'restoring order' but likely has reservations of her actual character.. Guy tends to try to see the best, so he just ignores the talks of 'cahooting' with dark powers as just common superstition against magic users, however, he does not like how she handled the matter as while she restored order, it wasn't because of duty but, to him, little more then seeking vengeance. He especially dislikes what she did to the leader as she had a chance to be 'something more' but let petty vengeance and the need to 'get even' overcome the better part of herself that, Sigismund as a paladin of the lady, thinks all people have in them. She made it hollow by allowing the darker, baser part of her to overcome her and instead of seeing justice done, not only to her family but for all the families that suffered at the hands of the man and his followers, she sullied the endeavor by doing something that... wouldn't actually give any closure and was selfish.

So yea, respects her for her position and actions but also has serious doubts on the 'hero' that she is said to be based on what she did when she had the power to make the right, or wrong, choice.

EDIT: To be clear, its more the 'tarred and burnt him' that he has issue with. If the guy had said something, or faced to face with the person who took her family, she had blasted him in rage, Sigismund probably would have forgiven it because they are all 'mortal', none are Divine as the Lady is, their mercy is not infinite, he can understand that crime of passion. But she tarred and burned him. That is deliberate, that takes time, that takes planning. She had time to stop, time to change that. To him, that is where it crosses the line. It wasn't a crime of passion committed in the middle of seeking justice, it was a malicious act over a personal vendetta with no regards given to others harmed by this man other then trying to find a salve for her own wound. Many would understand, or even congratulate her on that, but as a Paladin, he cannot condone such a thing.

Last edited:
so, for starters: Nevix Nevix , potentially idalie idalie and myself are cool with playing a second character so that AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa has people to interact with. correct? otherwise i don't think ari's gonna have anyone to write with, hence why i asked in the first place. at the moment i'm thinking we could make cool-ass bounty hunters, and maybe one of us could even play the head of the royal guard or the prince who's tagging along for a bit of training/experience? idk. point is, we have some fun options.

and ari: what were imagining tamara telling sal about both of their pasts? i'm open to anything so hit me with whatever crazy ideas you've come up with c:

It just so happens I have an FC that would be perfect for some kind of royal guard captain. I'll draft something this week.

so, for starters: Nevix Nevix , potentially idalie idalie and myself are cool with playing a second character so that AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa has people to interact with. correct? otherwise i don't think ari's gonna have anyone to write with, hence why i asked in the first place. at the moment i'm thinking we could make cool-ass bounty hunters, and maybe one of us could even play the head of the royal guard or the prince who's tagging along for a bit of training/experience? idk. point is, we have some fun options.

and ari: what were imagining tamara telling sal about both of their pasts? i'm open to anything so hit me with whatever crazy ideas you've come up with c:
I've got some ideas about characters that I'll run by you in the PM's once I have a good sheet ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Back