• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Free! (Yes, the Swimming Anime)

Caiotic

villains aren’t born, darling. they’re made
Roleplay Type(s)
original.gif

Free! has been my favorite anime for...well, ever since it came out, actually. I've watched season 1 and season 2, but am only a couple episodes into season 3 at the moment.

The reason I'm posting this, to get straight to the point, is because I had a little idea for Sousuke x OC which changes some of the canon plot just a tiny bit (okay, not much, but some).

Okay, so the basic idea of my plot is as follows:

My character went to Iwatobi her entire school career (elementary, middle, high...) and when Rin transferred to Iwatobi for that bit before going to Australia for the first time, he met her and they became friends. So, fast forward to high school, Rin coming back to Japan, and Sousuke transferring to Samezuka. Rin and my character had been back in touch and talking for a while, and when Sousuke becomes Rin's roommate he invites her over to meet him. Sousuke and my character hit off as friends, but nothing more than that because they're both so focused in what they're doing (Sousuke with swimming and his shoulder, and my character with her studies). Fast forward again to college, and this is where the plot gets changed just a little bit. Instead of Rin going to college in Australia, he decides to stay in Japan and swim at a school there so he could be around Sousuke during all of his shoulder treatments and surgeries. During this point in life, my character is pretty close with Sousuke, and has also been supportive and keeping him company during all of the hard times caused by the shoulder injury. Amongst all of the treatments going on and working at his families restaurant, Sousuke decides that he wants to enroll in college to start on the degree he eventually wants to get. Shoulder healing still, surgery coming up, and now the stress of school as well as the fact that he has to move because the school is a bit too far from his house to do the commute everyday...but that should be easy, just move in with Rin, right? Same college, no problem. But, there was a problem. Rin was locked in a swimming dorm contract for the rest of the year (I don't know if these actually exist but for the sake of the plot, here it is). So, my character, who is also attending the same college but had an off campus apartment she was renting, offers for Sousuke to move in with her. The apartment is big enough, not huge, but it has two rooms and she didn't see why it would be a problem to share with someone she'd grown so close with. From there, it's for us to determine what happens. What'll happen with Sousuke's shoulder? Will he swim again after his surgery and after the team's couch catches wind that he's at the college and suddenly wants him to join? What'll happen to Sousuke's and my characters relationship now that they're living together? Find out next time on TOTAL. DRAMA. ISLAND.
Okay, I'm sorry. That last part was cringe inducing but I actually couldn't help myself.

Anyway.

That's what I had in mind and had been thinking about for a while.

I'm chill with doubling, so I can play a canon character for you also if you want that. Rin, Haru, Makoto, Rei, Nagisa, Ai, Momo...just lemme know. Otherwise, if you just wanna do my plot, that's chill too.

I'm trying to make this search thread as straight and to the point as I can because I really just wanna get it out there and I've been sitting here trying to think of what to say for like, 2 hours, so I thought I'd better just make it simple.

Hit me up if you're interested, y'all.

tumblr_n8tbotrkRc1s9aisro2_500.gif

Last edited:
hi i hope you don't mind me commenting here (i'm new-ish) but i'm interested in writing free with you! i can't send pms yet though orz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back