• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Free State High School *REBOOT*

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Screenshot_20191229-224228_Chrome.jpg

Mr. Yamashita

Interaction: AquaMarie AquaMarie WallrusY WallrusY EldridSmith EldridSmith Superfly47 Superfly47 PlusUltra PlusUltra Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: AquaMarie AquaMarie WallrusY WallrusY EldridSmith EldridSmith Superfly47 Superfly47 PlusUltra PlusUltra Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

The students of his class had all gathered before the training grounds, a city replica meant for the exercise of heroism. He begn to speak, his voice chilled and calculative. "Welcome, kids, to a new year of Hero Training. Just let it be known that you are a far shot from the proper status of pro" He said, looking all of the children in the eye.

He walked up to Aquamari and handed her a stack of papers with a quiet whispered command to pass them on. "On these lists you will find your team composition and what team you are fighting for, villains or heroes. We will not focus on trivial matters such as savving buildings or securing objects, we are going to be more serious. The Villains whill have captured a set of three hostages and will use them to secure themselves and keep the heroes at bay. As villains, you will not suffer loss from injury of this faux hostage, but beware, just like how the heroes cannot recklessly approach at the risk of the victims, nor can the villains be careless. Remember, that hostage is the only thing keeping you from arrest. Just play your parts as you should, and anyone can be a star here. Good luck."

1st Group
Heroes: Evren and Eldiza
Villains: Jane and Margate

2nd Group
Heroes: Akimitsu and Aquamarie
Villains: Magnus and Alron

1578460716674.png~ Magnus Tesla ~
Interactions: Japanime Japanime Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mentions: AquaMarie AquaMarie

Magnus, alongside the other students in his class, piled into the wide urban area - or at least, a training replica of a small city. Magnus listened carefully as Mr. Yamashita explained the rules. Hostages... so, you use the hostages and your powers strategically in order to escape capture by the heroes, or you secure the hostages and eliminate the villains, Magnus thought carefully. He began thinking of ideas to achieve victory in the exercise until he saw the stack of papers being passed between the classmates. He took one and passed the rest off to the person right next to him.

So we'll be playing as the villains, huh? Akimitsu and Aquamarie... Without knowing each other's quirks, it'll be hard to make a plan based on what the opponent is capable of. Alron... Magnus looked over his classmates before his eyes landed on his teammate. He carefully folded his paper and placed it into his right pocket before approaching his fellow mock-villain. "You're Alron, right? We should think of a plan together."

Jane Dorothy Darlington
Tags: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , EldridSmith EldridSmith Japanime Japanime Superfly47 Superfly47

PNfpaut.png

Jane herself had remained mostly motionless from the moment of her arrival at the training grounds, her eyes moving slowly around the environment even as the teacher continued to speak, his initial introduction to them being little more stating the obvious. She was curious just how complete this false city would be, with the attention to detail however and the quality of the construction it might as well have been an actual city simply absent of the people and amenities of one.

As the teacher began to explain the exercise there was a faint trace of discomfort in her at the notion of what was to come, before even getting her assignment she already knew what side would fall, she had hoped different but the feelings of the past generation were not that easily removed from bias. The plan was already formulating on her approach before the sheet reached her to confirm her suspicions, though how accurate the civilians would be was an important factor in a few of the possibilities, as well as what she would be able to gather from the two opponents.

Walking over to see if she could get a better look at the hostages they would be using she makes a small hand movement towards Margate to follow out of direct earshot so the plan could be formed and tooled but not before also giving a long stare to Evren and Eldiza.

Kinks were unknown though a lot could be gained from the external appearance, the smaller girl showed no clear signs of training or physical conditioning meaning either limited training and/or a non-physical/ranged quirk. Direct martial combat would be a weak point to take advantage of, get in close and apply sufficient force to quickly eliminate them, Margates entropy effect would be useful to avoid such counter attacks. Mentally her child-like demeanor would make her susceptible to feints, deceptions or emotional attacks. The boy, however, showed callus build upon his hands and substantially more musculature, so it should be assumed a proficiency in close range and use of tools relying on force. His build would mean significantly more force was required to disable, removal of the weaker element first would prevent complications though something told her that boy would be serving as the vanguard for the duo's efforts, potentially a distraction so awareness of the hostages was vital.

The hostages themselves had to be alive be injury was allowed, so how would you handle the hostages? A villain would need to convince the heroes not to act recklessly as they intended to carry out the threats, perhaps make it so moving such was something the heroes could not do less they risk injury?. Injury, there was an idea, the villains could make an announcement for demands and may have resources the heroes would not, medical treatment would be on standby but it would not be possible to get the hostage towards such before a condition worsens...but what if the villains held someone who was the only thing keeping the hostages stable? the entropy effect would slow down the progress of such meaning taking the hostage out of Margates range would be essentially killing them if the correct wound was mimicked, while she held enough knowledge to stabilize them medically. That would mean in order to remove the villains they would also need to remove what is keeping hostages alive, essentially creating a no-win situation.

Ok, lets run with that idea, what if the Villians requested medical supplies and that only one would need to bring such that would allow them to remove one hero making a 2v1 fight instead of 2v2, the choice would likely be the boy for such. The other item to consider is their goal is to escape imprisonment which would occur anyway if they were defeated, so in a worst-case scenario of being unable to win the option would simply be not to loose. The fact she was even needing to consider this was a point of frustration, she came to be a hero, not a villain so planning as one was far too close to home for her to enjoy.

Turning to Margate she finally speaks out loud to her, still not turning around from her observations of the hostages "On Average how long would it take for a person within your aura to pass a point of no return? Them being unconscious will not be an issue, provided they would appear to be breathing the villains may not care about their actual state. Given they have resorted to hostages in this manner regardless shows a certain mindset that we will need to operate from" her head finally turning "We will need to work closely together, you are the most suitable towards keeping the hostages in line and defending such given this, ensure you remain aware of approaching individuals and I will be able to run primarily as our vanguard..." she pauses once more before turning back to the teacher to speak up allowing him to hear her "Can you state the win conditions for the Villians and heroes? The heroes would need to extract the hostages to a safe location and defeat the villains but it is unknown if both of these are required or just one. While the Villians may simply need to escape, with the hostages or not is an important factor, or if we are required to defeat the heroes or simply delay them. After all, if this is meant to mimic a realistic situation the end goal of the Villian they hoped to achieve by doing this matters immensely"

Pretty Anime Girl.pngEldiza jumped with excitement at the news that she and Evren would be heroes together. “I’m going to be hero” Eldiza said as she grabbed Evren’s arm, “Looks like we’ll be heroes together.” The excitement started to wear off when she realized this meant she would have to fight. Eldiza doesn’t like to fight and she’s not very good at it.

She hugged Evren tightly, “Will you protect me? I’m scared. I don’t know how to fight.” Eldiza hugged tight, hoping that Evren would save the day.

Interactions: EldridSmith EldridSmith

Margate
interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra
Right so all right the first exercise was a hostage situation, Margate was somewhat excited about the whole thing her father had told her of a good deal of the similar sorts of situations he defused, of course, he wasn’t really a hero just a cop... but they called him for dealing with low level powered criminals. It was only when she got the paper did her heart sink.. she would be playing the villain along with Jane, she supposed it was somewhat fitting, but none the less disappointing. reasonable she would be the defensive portion of there team considering her abilities and when Jane informed Margate of her plan she had the same idea “well how long it takes would depend on the stamina of the individual, the field permeates three meters in all directions around me so if we can find a small space with only one point of entry it would force them to enter my field if they wish to incapacitate me.. also if they are melee combatants they will not last as long since pressured contact with me also causes a more drastic effect it would be easy for me to grapple and knock them out as well” she stated somewhat simply back to Jane sounding a lot more like her there was good reason for this she actually knew what she was talking about thanks to her father although now she was just trying to make a hostage situation as difficult as possible “but yeah sir Jane does make a good point what exactly are WE as the villain meant to achieve?”

alron
interaction: WallrusY WallrusY
Ok so this could have gone better alron though apparently it seemed he was going to be the villain in this scenari, right he could work with this? Probably his partner for the exercise addressed him soon after “yeah I’m alron, and yeah we should planning I already got some idea I pretend to be the hostage then knock them out easy right? Err I’m not sure what you can actually do though soo...what about your powers?“ alron said hurriedly then stopping akwardly

1578460716674.png~ Magnus Tesla ~
Interactions: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Some sort of mimicry? Probably changes his appearance. That'd be incredibly useful. Magnus was trying to think of more applications of Alron's power and its possible limitations, but once Alron asked what his own quirk is, Magnus paused his inner thought process and began to explain his own kink. "Right. I'm Magnus. My kink's called Electric Limbs. I absorb the electrons around me or attach myself directly to a power source in order to charge my hands and my lower legs with electricity. It accelerates my movements, allowing me to attack faster and stronger. I can also send my electricity outward, though usually only through physical contact. Once it leaves my body, it does what electricity does, paralyzing and burning opponents, et cetera."

Magnus finished his explanation and immediately began thinking again of possible strategies involving their quirks. He turned back to look at Akimitsu and Aquamarie and examined them for a moment. He turned back to Alron with a plan - not a perfect one but a plan nonetheless. "If I'm correct, your kink involves changing your appearance somehow. Meanwhile, I doubt that either one of them is faster than me, but just in case, I'll stay on defense until I can verify that claim. It think it's best that I retreat with at least one, but preferably two of the hostages and let you be 'captured,' instantly inviting you to take out whoever retrieves you. I'll hop right back in and create a distraction, allowing you an opening to reveal yourself and attack our opponents and take out the other person. However, if you end up having to go against someone who defeats you instantly, due to a strong physical kink, then hopefully I'll have beaten at least one of them by that point, or I have enough strength and speed to win in a 1v2 scenario."

It sounded good in his head as he formulated it, but saying it out loud, he felt uncertain. "Ugh. My plan is too uncertain. Too many variables, though I guess it can't be helped when you don't know your opponent's abilities. I feel like it's way too easy to break through my plan just by having a strong kink. I guess we just have to be ready for anything to happen." Magnus sighed and crossed his arms, trying to think further, but failing to think up of any better strategy. He also wasn't used to talking that much - normally he trained by himself and didn't need to communicate with anyone, so it was a little strange to have a teammate in that regard.

IMG-0039.JPG
Viara

She wasn't ready for the day to say the least. Viara had never been one to go out much. Her parents home schooled her since she was old enough to go to school due to her well, Interesting personality. Now they where sending her to this school, to learn with others they said where like her. Still as she rushed into school panic in her eyes as she rushed to get to her first class even though she was she wasn't ready to be thrown into the mix and try to act normal.

"You'll be fine V you know you will. Maybe you're other side is here. You'll do fine here just keep calm." She mumbled quietly to herself as she approached the training grounds. Panting softly as she ran up on the class she finally came to a halt at the back of the group. A clear embarrassed and flustered look plastered on her face as she looked around to see if any of them had noticed her arrival. Sure a few must have but she liked to hope no one noticed her late arrival to class. Being late wasn't good and she knew that. Instead of speaking up she chose to keep silent and hope the teacher hadn't noticed her.

c9f6e88db072679d5c485758b4efcb6a.jpgAquamari Odeletta Wintergreen
Interaction: Japanime Japanime Mentioned: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 WallrusY WallrusY

Aquamari looked away from Eldiza and Evren as Mr. Yamashita spoke up grabbing the attention of all his students. Aqua looked up at the man as he introduced them to the new year of Hero Training. Becoming a bit nervous as the teacher walked over to her, to only hand her a stack of paper and ask her to pass it down. She looked up at him and gently nod, taking a copy for her self before passing the stack of papers to her classmate.

Aqua read the sheet of paper as Mr. Yamashita continued on explaining what he was expecting them all to do. Once the teacher finished speaking she looked up from her sheet of paper and went off to look for her partner. So from what she read her partner was Akimitsu and the two who she would be fighting against were Magnus and Alron. She looked over towards Alron, who was talking to a boy to who she figure was Magnus. Looking back at the sheet of her paper on her hand she reread her partner’s name ‘Akimitsu’. Folding and placing the paper away she stood on her tiptoes looking around trying to figure out who Akimitsu was.

Seeing a boy standing out on her own she walked over to a boy with dark hair “um Akimitsu?...hi im Aquamari” she said happily as she stuck out her hand to him for a shake. “Looks like we will be partners” she added with a friendly smile.

1574387770252.png "Yes we are Eldiza." He says placing his hand on her head before she hugged him. "I'll protect you Eldiza. You're going to learn how to fight here soon enough." He says lifting her up playfully. "Don't be scared. I'm here for you." He holds her head against his shoulder as he surveys their opponents, looking for any information on them and most importantly weaknesses. He began making a thin diamond coating on his clothes to increase it's sturdiness.
Superfly47 Superfly47

Mr. Yamashita

Interactions: PlusUltra PlusUltra Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving
Mentions: N/A

Sakasa turned to the blonde girl who had a question. "In order for the heroes to win, they must either restrain or defeat the villains. In order for the villains to win, they must either defeat the heroes, or safely escape with the hostages. Being knocked unconscious, restrained, not being able to fight, or stripped from movement, are all examples/ways that are considered being defeated. Escaping is being able to get to the top of the building with the hostages." He explained it loud enough so the whole class could hear but he was mainly talking to the girl. That's when the man noticed a new face in the crowd. He walked up to the late girl. "Sooooo you're late. Why?"

Screenshot_20191229-120043_Chrome.jpg
Akimitsu Yuo

Interactions: AquaMarie AquaMarie

When the stack of papers got to Akimitsu he grabbed a piece of paper and began to read it. "Aquamari, huh? Wasn't she that cute blue haired girl from introductions. Yeah.. I think that was her." He thought to himself. The boy was interrupted when he heard his name and looked up to see the girl he was thinking about. "Oh hey!" Akimitsu shook the girls hand with a big smile on his face. "Nice to meet you."

c9f6e88db072679d5c485758b4efcb6a.jpgAquamari Odeletta Wintergreen
Interaction: Japanime Japanime

Aquamari happily smiles Akimitsu shook her hand. "So looks like we will get to be the heroes for this exercise....I just know we will do great!" she replied full of confidence, positivity and just excitement to get started on their first class excercise. "...oh! We should tell each others Kinks so we can come up with some plan on how to rescue the hostages" she suggested.

"My kink is Cephalopod Physiology, I can basically do what Octopuses can….also...my um hair isn't really hair..they are tentacles…" aqua explained a quick verse of her kink

Last edited:
7BEFF7A5-8835-414C-8513-D1E393690FC3.jpeg
Viara
Interactions: Japanime Japanime

For a moment Viara felt relief that no one had noticed her late arrival. Then the teacher came up, simply saying that she was late then asking why. Her anxiousness flooded back as her head went down as her eyes worriedly slipped back and forth between his and the ground as she spoke.

“I-I... Well I was... c-caught up with.... personal things.” She said quietly to the man as she grabbed her left arm with her right in a little self hug. Clearly not enjoying this attention she was getting on the first day of her career in public schooling. She didn’t want to tell him actually why she was late and hoped her answer was satisfactory for her own sake

Last edited:
Jane Dorothy Darlington
Tags: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

PNfpaut.png

Listening closely the scenario shifted within her mind, speed would be useful in the event to outpace the pursuers in addition to diversions or masking their tracks, neither of them held overly noticeable kinks so that work to their advantage. Margates addition did give another option to delay them during an escape though it brings the thought around to the very concept of a Villian and how they would act, the goals and ethics entailed within such was quite the rabbit hole to go down. Shaking her head, she would need to push that to the side for a moment, the internal layout of the building would be important given it would need to be navigated, doing so externally was an option but with doing so with the hostages?, it would be far too open and slow leaving them vulnerable. A stairway would be basic, an elevator shaft in such a structure would give a direct line upwards but with three hostages one of them would need to either transport at least two if they went together, or it could be a solving a chicken crossing like puzzle.

That being said with all the possible avenues and outcomes slowly coming out and lined up in order her comfort with the situation grew, the feeling of awareness and being prepared as much as possible would aid in adapting when the situation inevitably changed with an unexpected action or obstacle. All that remained was a few more questions for her partner "I believe we can achieve this competently, though given that nature of the building while a single point of entry would be advantageous we are not familiar enough with the layout to locate such while still advancing to the roof, it would require making a stand to disable the pursuers and then advancing upwards as well as hope the walls, roof and floors are strong enough to not be broken through" Looking to her closely once more she debates the next offer but given the nature of the exercise, it was likely an unmentioned aim the instructor was attempting to achieve "It will be your choice as well though, the smaller one would be quicker to incapacitate at which time I would be able to keep the other distracted while you advanced uninterrupted with the hostages unless you would rather the roles be reversed but I would advise against such. While you are capable within melee range with your Kink should they be able to overcome it you may be vulnerable, In contrast, my physical condition, most importantly stamina and durability are significantly higher than your own." The important factor within this more so than individual ability would be teamwork, it would be folly to underestimate either of their opponents given their acceptance alone meant there was at least some skill, as well as unexpected actions of even the most basic of idiot could bring well-laid plans to ruin if underestimated.

(Im still around btw, just been waiting. Was thinking i wasnt getting updates a few times)

Screenshot_20191229-120043_Chrome.jpg
Akimitsu Yuo

Interactions: AquaMarie AquaMarie

"Interesting. Octopuses, huh?" Akimitsu said after hearing about the girl's link. He already knew he definitely wasn't gonna remember the name but he would remember what it does. "My kink is called Ignite. I can generate fire inside my body like a furnace that increases my physical abilities with thermal energy. The more intense the flames, the stronger and more noticeable the effects." He explained.

Mr. Yamashita

Interactions: Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving EldridSmith EldridSmith AquaMarie AquaMarie PlusUltra PlusUltra Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 WallrusY WallrusY Superfly47 Superfly47

Sakasa squinted at the girl and decided to let her go. It was their first day. "Fine. Since it's your first day and it was personal, I'll let it slide. But don't be late again." He walked away from the girl, towards the front where everybody could see him.

"Listen up! Once the teams in round 1 are ready, enter the building. Everyone else, come over here." The man would proceed to lead them off to the side of the building to where he thought would be a safe distabce.

Pretty Anime Girl.png
Eldiza got excited for a bit. "Alright, here we go." Then she paused as she had no idea what the plan was. Turning to Evren she said, "Evren, what's the plan? I have no idea how we are supposed to win this."

She started to look sad, "If we lose, please don't hate me."

Margate
interaction: PlusUltra PlusUltra
margate gave a nod to jane "right then that makes sense, i think we should be good as long as we get them tired we basically win easily, and besides if we do fail it would still be a good bit of fun hey?" margate said enthusiastically

(sorry for short post wanted to get things going again proeprly)

1574387770252.png Evren smiles at her enthusiasm. "I won't be mad." He says patting her head. "Tell me about your kink so we can do this properly."
Superfly47 Superfly47 (Sorry for the late response!)

Pretty Anime Girl.pngEldiza hugs Evren, "Thanks. My Kink is that when angered, I turn red and a wave of energy is released that causes an earthquake. The angrier I gets, the stronger the effects, even to the point people can get knocked over and walls shake. I struggle to control her kink and it can go off even when I wishes it didn't." Takes a pause, "What is yours?"

1582245784672.png Evren smiles, hugging her back. "I can manipulate carbon and create things with it like explosives, diamonds, graphite, graphene... and other such items. I'm only limited by my creativity. Now we just need to figure out how to do this... Any ideas?"
Superfly47 Superfly47

Users who are viewing this thread

Back