• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Free Art Programs For Drawing Tablets??

ClassyCasey

Weirdo
Can you use any free art programs for your drawing tablet? I'm just wondering cause I'm considering getting one.. but I don't wanna spend money on a program like Sai..

There's also

Kirta
JumpPaint [Medibang Paint's equivalent just better for manga]
Inkscape
MyPaint

A note about FireAlpaca, if you ever wanted to do frame-by-frame animation that's also a great program.
And in general if you want a free program for things, searching for open-source programs is a great way to find them.

MyPaint is a great beginner's program to start off with.
Medibang is the one I'm using currently and it has an easy interface, great costumizable shortcuts, and an active and helpful community.

There's also

Kirta
JumpPaint [Medibang Paint's equivalent just better for manga]
Inkscape
MyPaint

A note about FireAlpaca, if you ever wanted to do frame-by-frame animation that's also a great program.
And in general if you want a free program for things, searching for open-source programs is a great way to find them.
Ah, thank you! I think I'll try FireAlpaca since I've seen a friend use it.

I'd also recommend firealpaca for any lineart heavy work. It's very easy to use if you've ever used SAI or photoshop and imo has smoother pen tools than ps. Completely free and only missing a few bells and whistles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back