• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Freak Show Circus (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Bonnie D.
She raised her hand like a kinder-gardener, adding little 'ooo's and 'ahh's. She stretched her arm as high as it could go, shaking it back and forth. This isn't school. She paused, then used her other hand to pull her arm down, as if it had a mind of it's own.

"When do we get to drink human blood. Does virgin blood taste the best? Can we run really fast and stuff? I like running around a lot" She added shamelessly before drawing in a big breath (even though she didn't necessarily need it). "Please tell me we don't sparkle in the sunlight, because that would be just ridiculous, I mean come on." She rambled on. "Are there other creatures too? Like werewolves, and demons, and other ghouls?" She stopped abruptly staring intently at Liam, looking as serious as a clown faced person could. "Do we explode in the sun? Because I think that'd be pretty comical, not that I want to explode, just the idea of it is silly." Bonnie finally shut up when he realized that maybe other people had questions too. "Last question, I promise." She crossed her fingers. "What happens if we lose control? Like if we don't get enough blood?" She wondered if they would die, but they were already dead now weren't they? Would they just become bloodthirsty beasts? Wouldn't that just be the most awkward circus night ever, hello! welcome to the circus, prepare to be massacred.

She began hugging herself, trying to listen intently from this point on. She was used to getting into trouble for talking too much, so she would put a sock in it, metaphorically speaking. As she didn't have a sock ready to be used this very moment.

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726

"Are you kidding me?!" Alistair York couldn't BELIEVE how late a missed flight could make somebody. "Way to go, guys. I told you all we had to hurry." He was speaking to his many, many right legged friends. "At least it was a private flight, huh?" Alistair walked up the path to his new home. "How could they possibly think this is a good idea to send me off. It isn't my fault. The guy was asking to get bit." Looking back, he realized that he wasn't being followed by his pets as quickly as he'd like. "C'mon! You all have eight legs. I have two and I'm walking faster than you. I'm late!" Eventually, he gave up. His spiders would catch up later. He had to get settled in. "Hey! Don't start without me. The party has arrived!"

(First is always worst. Sorry.)

(Alright, we're moving on without Pyro's response to this one. Its been long enough, right guys? Lol)

Liam looked over at the blind girl hearing her questions, his eyes watching her as she spoke. "Well, being a vampire, it... makes you stronger, for one. Your senses are 3 times stronger than they were when you were a human. You may not know it know, but your strength has also increased. You're quicker, more powerful. Of course, you need to drink blood to get more powerful. The less blood intake you have, the weaker you are. Another thing, as you should know from common sense, it makes you immortal. Well...almost. There are things that can kill us, a stake through the heart or getting shot with a silver bullet will kill us. Other than that, you will survive almost anything else.

Liam suddenly saw movement out of the corner of his eye, looking over at the clown girl. He smirked seeing her hand in the air before he shook his head, looking away with amusement written over his expression. Looking back at the woman as he heard her questions, he remained silent until all the questions were asked. "No. Don't apologize. It's okay. You're new to this, its normal to ask many questions." Liam offered a gentle smile to the woman before clearing his throat.

"Human blood. You will not go straight into that. If I put a human in front of you to drink from, and you suddenly try to take a full meal, you will throw up. Its too soon for your bodies, you need to adjust to it. I will be...collecting human blood over the next few days. You will slowly go into it, gradually drinking more and more as time passes. Your first human blood taste will be tonight, along with more cow blood. Virgin blood..." Liam chuckled and shook his head. "What made up stories have you been reading? No. Virgin blood doesn't taste any different. Its literally the same thing. Now, like I said. Your bodies are much stronger than they were when you are human. You can run faster, much faster. Just... be careful," he added, glancing at her eyes before looking away. Liam began to slowly pace back and forth in front of the group.

"Yes. There are other creatures, they do exist. But it's best you steer clear of others. Us....creatures, we don't get along with each other. Werewolves and vampires have never gotten along. Same goes with demons, ghouls, angels, elves, none of us get along. We stick to or own species and everything is fine. Just...avoid them if you see them. No, we do not explode in the sun. Sunlight doesn't even hurt us. That's just a myth. The most that will happen is sunburn, just like when you were human."

Liam met Bonnies gaze as he heard the last question, a soft laugh passing his lips. "You do not have to worry about that, Bonnie. I will make sure you get the right amount of blood," he said, offering a smile. "To answer your question, though. If you do not get enough blood, you will get ill. You won't lose control, you will just have strong cravings until its satisfied. You will feel nauseous, weak, and unable to do much of anything if you don't get the blood intake you need. But like I said, I wouldn't let that happ-" Liam went silent as he heard the voice, his amber eyes looking toward Alistair with a glare. A low growl passed the vampires lips as he stormed toward the human.

"Whats the meaning of this interruption!?" Liam growled, grabbing Alistair by the front of his shirt. Liam's face was inches from Alistair's as he glared coldly into his eyes. "You're not welcome here," Liam snarled in a low dark voice. Auditions were last night. This human had no right to be here.

HunterCameron HunterCameron Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Maleko

The tattooed man had been silent throughout the question and answer session. He had believed that all questions would be answered within time, rushing would do no good. However the questions asked did prove a little useful, other than the silly ones posed by Bonnie. She was like a six year old in a woman's body, but he felt it dangerous to underestimate her. Her recklessness could lead to some dire consequences in the future. The other woman, Callie, was more like himself. He felt they would get along easier. He listened to Liam, and followed his every step with his eyes. He was quite happy to hear that they wouldn't "lose control" without enough blood.

The new arrival startled him, he had been so invested in the lesson. Liam sprang into action before he could figure out what was happening and suddenly they had what seemed like a problem. The growl was all he heard before the poor kid was grabbed. Everyone's eyes were on the two, but Maleko seen movement towards the same entrance the new arrival came through. Those are some enormous spiders, those are absolutely MASSIVE. He felt his eyes widen, there were big tarantulas in Hawaii but the never got much bigger than ones hand. They must have been special, and it couldn't have been a coincidence that they arrived at the same time.

"Liam." He cleared his throat. "I t'ink he's here tah join us," He took a cautious step forward, not wanting to cross any boundaries. "maybe we should let him speak? There are a million and one reasons tah be late, transportation these days are unreliable." He stated in defense of the kid. He didn't want anything to get violent, and he knew that Liam wasn't adverse to killing.

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726 Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

freehand-script.regular.png

Wen let out a loud sigh. She was never one for tardiness but here she was showing up a day late to the auditions. Although she could come up with various excuses she decided not to give one. Of course, there were some unforeseen circumstances that caused her absence but that was not the owners' problem, overall it was her fault for being late. Walking up with only a medium sized tote in hand, holding all of her belongings that she was able to pack before leaving in the night. She touched her hair making sure nothing was out of place as she walked up to a group of people.

Her lips pursed as she seemed to not have come at a good time when she seemed to hear an argument. Wen walked up behind a man with several, most likely millions of eight-legged creatures around him. Setting her tote down Wen crossed her arms, feeling the need to itch her arms and legs after setting eyes on so many spiders. She saw it was probably best not to speak, listening to a man yell at the man she stood behind. Her eyes moving over the scene before her, landing on each person present. She attempted not to let her confusion show, rather settling on an unsatisfied look as she waited for the yelling to cease.

Perhaps it was a mistake for her to come so late, although it was not as if she had anywhere else to go. If she was turned away it was back to hitch hiking and menial jobs for her to get by. All Wen knew is that she would not leave until she tried to at least get her audition.

~ Callie ~
Callie took a deep breath as she listened to the answer, she tried to stay calm, but she felt nervous. When Liam had brought up drinking human blood tonight, somehow that didn't bother her as much as when he had mentioned more cattle. She listened as he spoke to someone else then wiped her hands on her shirt before bringing her hand to her face, gently tapping around where her synthetic eyes should be. They were gone, as she assumed. She had taken them out last night after her performance.

She sighed, they would be in her bag, though she didn't know where it was. She had given her bag to one of her animals last night after her performance, so it would probably still be with them. She seemed to perk up when she heard the sounds of footsteps coming into the room. She felt confused as she heard an unfamiliar voice, then the softest tapping of tiny legs following behind. That was a familiar sound and she smiled at the thought of her own arachnids.

Without a second thought Callie took a few steps forward and listened as the tapping got louder, she was careful to not move to close, afraid she may step on the small creatures. She kneeled down and faced the general direction of one, or more, of the spiders, each movement they made seemed to echo around her, telling her exactly where they were. Callie smiled, they reminded her of her own spiders, though some smaller and larger than hers. For some reason their presence made her feel comfortable.

"So cute." She softly muttered as she slowly reached her hand out to one of the larger spiders. She gave a kind and easy-going smile and waited, staying faced toward the spiders.

giphy.gif

Leti had long considered the advertisement for auditions for a new circus; it was something out of the ordinary, something she hadn't ever seen before and something she certainly could not miss. Her agent, family friend of her parents, had contacted her with the information and forwarded the necessary information to attend the auditions. Of course fate had worked against her; flights cancelled and re-booked on three separate airlines then a delay at customs as her baggage was rifled through. Finally free from delays she found herself a cab at the taxi stand, loaded her luggage and provided the driver with the address.

It was smooth sailing, or so she had thought, to the auditions; while she knew she was late she didn't think for a second that the Ring Master would decline her apology and request for consideration; she had a sizable portfolio that more than qualified her for a place within the rings and a name, reputation and fan base that would bring income to the show. She stepped out of the cab, asking the driver to leave her luggage stacked near the front of the large tent and paid him handsomely for his troubles. She turned to regard what she hoped to be her new home and possibly new family. Quickly smoothing out her pencil skirt and tucking her purse beneath her arm she raised her head and confidently strode through the tent's main entry.

She could immediately hear voices beyond, within the dim lights. As she approached she could see, who she assumed, the Ring Master addressing his staff. She smiled pleasantly as she started her approach but her steps faltered as she witnessed the Ring Master grasp the shirt of another fellow, growling at him lowly, but not lowly enough to cover what he had said. This human doesn't belong here. It seemed as though his staff were attempting to cool the heated argument but Leti wasn't as confident as she first felt in coming to audition. She glanced between those in attendance briefly before clearing her throat and speaking. "Please excuse my intrusion but if you would be so kind as to direct me to a Mr. Liam Westling?"

Liam stared dangerously into the man's eyes, anger flaring in his own amber gaze as he waited for an answer. He kept his eyes locked on the young man's as he listened to Maleko, a scoff showing on his face. If he wasn't worried about scaring the new vampires, he would easily rip this human apart for interrupting, regardless of the large spiders. Though, he couldn't deny that Maleko was right. There were a million reasons to be late. Sitting down Alistair, the vampire took a step back and crossed his arms over his chest. "Tardiness often robs us of opportunity," Liam stated, glancing at the human's eyes.

"You better have a damn good reason you're late, an amazing talent, and the determination to be a part of this family," Liam warned before glancing at the two women that stepped inside as well. "Liam Westling at your service," the vampire said with a small nod toward Leti. "All three of you, stand in formation. I want your names, ages, why you are tardy, and talents. Each of you will then preform. I will then decide if you are worthy to be a part of this family," Liam said, putting his hands behind his back as he stepped back. "We will start with you," Liam said, meeting Lin's gaze. "Then the other woman, and then Spider-Man," Liam said, looking between each person.

"The rest of you. I want you all to begin practice. Go on," Liam said, casting a quick glance to the others before back at the three humans in front of him.

Mentions: HunterCameron HunterCameron Aio Aio Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess NanLia NanLia

freehand-script.regular.png

Wen looked at the man who obviously was in charge of this group and then to the other who had come in just before her. She didn't care for the hostility in the air, mainly coming from the one in charge. Standing with her hands crossed behind her back as she leaned on her right foot. Standing for this long took a toll on her knee but she rather stand in discomfort than sit during a situation she had found herself in. Making no notion to acknowledge the woman that walked in moments later.

Wen looked up when the man spoke to all of the newcomers. Biting her lip slightly when the man gave instructions on what they were needed to do. Her nervousness was catching up with her as she had staked everything on this and now the realization came to her that if this fell through she had no safety net to catch her. Stepping forward she dusted herself off before straightening her back as she looked at the man in charge. "I am Liu Wen, twenty-four. I don't care for excuses but if you must know my bus was canceled and I was unable to receive a refund and had no money to pay for another, therefore, I had to find various rides in order to get here. Thus I was late." Wen looked at the man in front of her before setting her bag down, opening it to reveal various thin skewer like rods. Picking a few up she looked back up at the man.

"I am an impalement artist as well as a hook suspensionsist simply meaning I am able to suspend myself in the air by inserting hooks into my back and torso and being lifted into the air." Picking up a rod she began her routine. By the end she had inserted rods into her body and face, almost looking like a human pin cushion. After removing the rods she did the rest of routine, although curiously without drawing blood. Wen did not know why she did not bleed she only accepted this as it did not affect her life much. She gave a smile as well as a bow before stepping backward, back into the group. Her heart was pounding but she does not dare show it, her face going back into its normal disinterested look.

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726 NanLia NanLia Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess

Last edited:
Mentions: HunterCameron HunterCameron Aio Aio Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 NanLia NanLia Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726

Before Alistair could say a damn thing, he was attacked by someone he could only assume to be the leader. And one with horrid breath at that. "Hey! Watch the clothes! And take a breath mint. I'm gonna die of suffocation." Suddenly, someone else amongst the crowd stuck up for him on his behalf, causing the vampire to set Alistair down. He'd have to thank the guy with the piercings later. Alistair definitely owed the guy. The vampire had come at him all wrong! So, I get threatened like the ugly stepchild and the women get a polite approach? Okay, I see how this family is gonna be. While lost in thought, Alistair's spiders snapped their pincers in a menacing manner toward the ring leader. "It's okay, guys. It's fine. I'm fine." He scooped up the nearest one and held it to his chest. "Hang on, buddy. It's okay. Calm down!" Alistair heard something about auditions and his eyes lit up. "Of course, your highness." He smarted off. "What kind of man would I be if I didn't allow the beautiful competition to go first?" Minutes later, he watched in awe as the first girl went up. "There's a lot of acrobats here. Shit. I wasn't expecting to sign up for this."

~ Callie ~
When Liam spoke up again, Callie's attention was taken away from the arachnids. She nodded as he told them to go practice, she honestly didn't feel like she had to at the moment, but any time to get away and find her animals were well appreciated, plus it wasn't like she could actually watch their performances. She was blind, so there was no use even trying. Callie pulled her hand away from the spiders and stood, as she backed away she made sure she didn't step on any of the tiny creatures.

When she began to leave, she noticed that her pants were gently tugged on, followed by a far too familiar cry. She stopped and leaned down and gently patted Teddy's small head. He again cried. "Whats wrong baby?" she questioned as she went to pick him up. Before she could grab him, the small polar bear ran off making soft crying noises. "Teddy!" She called and chased after him out of the room.

"Teddy!?" She rushed after the small bear for a bit of time till she heard his footsteps stop. Callie quickly swooped up the small bear and held him tightly. "You can't just run off like that!" She scolded Teddy and he responded with a soft cry as he hung onto her arm.

Callie sighed but perked up when she could hear a familiar low roar off in the distance. She began to head in the direction of the sounds and a soft smile came to her face as the calls of her animals got louder. She let Teddy down and walked up to a metal cage that some of her larger animals stayed behind. She reached her hand through the bars, and the palm of her hand was met with a large fluffy head. "Hello, Lindu." She smirked as she rubbed her hands on the large lion's mane and face. "Hows my big boy?" Callie chuckled as she brought her hands back to her sides and felt along her pants. The keys to the cages hung lightly from one of her pant's loops.

She quickly made her way to the cage door and unlocked the cage. As soon as the door opened she was met with not just one, but three giant balls of fluff jumping and hugging up on her. "I missed you all too!" Callie giggled, barely able to speak with the large creatures jumping and laying on her. Lindu, the lion now laid beside Callie, his head laying on her belly, while two tigers laid with her as well. One was being used as a pillow, the other lying across her legs.

Lindu let out a soft cry and Callie reached over and began petting his face and ears. As soon as she stopped he began crying again for more attention. "You're so needy," Callie smirked as she began petting him again and Lindu began to purr. "Well, I guess I'm stuck her now." Callie let out a soft sigh as she tried to sit up, but was held down by the big cats around her.

~ Tags ~
Open For interaction

giphy.gif

Leti was content to perform second for her audition, giving her time to duck out the main entry of the tent and collect her tools. She had plenty to choose from but decided on keeping the performance simple for the moment. She returned to watch as Wen started in depth into act and she was more than a little impressed. Leti had seen other artists like Wen before but none as talented as her. As the other women auditioned Leti slipped out of her formal wear - now happy with the decision to wear her 'costume' beneath the skirt and blouse. It was typical two what circus performers would wear: a gold and red suit complete with fish net leggings. While certainly it may have seemed ostentatious to quick change for an audition Leti had other reasons for the adaptation to her wear: the performance dress was flame retardant.

She applauded Wen as her performance closed, regardless if others hadn't or wouldn't, she certainly would so appreciation for where it was due. She smirked as the man whom the Ring Leader had been accosting not long before spoke; bemused by his attitude and sass. She inclined her head in his direction as he welcomed allowing herself and Wen to perform first. As she headed further away from the crowd - ever cautious to keep her flame away from anything that might be damaged or seared by its touch, she paused briefly to hand off a small brochure from her previous employer where further details of her act could be gleaned.

"My name is Letitia Ka Hoki but please call me Leti; I was once known as 'The Flame' and was formally trained by 'The Dragon' - who also happens to be my mother and likely the only reason she ever had an apprentice." She turned to face Liam and smiled. She lit the end of her torch.

"Most Fire Breathers do the typical." She used the torch to demonstrate blowing out flames in a large arch above her, nearly doubling her own small height. Following this she brought the ignited end of the torch to her lips and consumed it, removing the torch only after the flame was gone and the torch smoking. After a moment she blew flames from her lips to reignite the torch anew.

"The good ones and make it into a routine." She lowered the torch to ignite light the Poi "but then I wouldn't be called The Flame if it were just as simple as that." extinguish torch with her hand and set aside before collecting the poi. She followed her simple routine, given their local and the lighting the lit poi would be less than impressive than they would be should she be performing at night with the lights low. Of course she had no intention of ending the routine as simply as it had started. She swung the two poi in her hands in an backwards arch, twisting the chains so they started to wrap around her wrists becoming shorter and shorter until she caught each the lit iron lanterns in her palms. The flames from the poi immediately started to run up her arms, but she did not look alarmed as they stopped just before her shoulders. She let the poi - no longer lit - fall from her arms as she raised them in true showmanship form before reaching with her left hand to her outstretch right arm she rand her calm up her arm 'collecting' the flames before repeating the process on the opposite arm.

She raised both palms up to her lips as though she was drinking the flames after which she blew a kiss, letting the flames blow out soon followed by a puff a smoke. "Thank you for your consideration." She took a moment to bow - what performance could end without one? - before collecting her items and moving off to where she had left her clothing, awaiting the next audition.

Saiyan Princess Saiyan Princess
Aio Aio

Bonnie D.

The wig clad woman had been disappointed to know that there wouldn't in fact be any murder. She was excited to see Liam attack someone, anyone. But now they were all given pardon, and she had been dismissed with the rest of her family. She watched Callie go off, and decided to follow her. She stood a little ways away, not knowing if she was unwelcome. The vast array of animals that greeted her made her almost squeal. They were so cute, and there were so MANY OF THEM. It was like animal heaven. She watched with a grin at how Callie interacted with them, it was heart warming, but Bonnie knew better than to just run up. Those were some big cats, and she liked her limbs attached to her body. Thank you very much. She stepped a little closer, peering in at the animals, curious. The big cats noticed her, as they looked right at her, she she assumed it was okay to talk now.

"They are beautiful!" She quipped. "I've never seen a real lion before, or tigers either. The only animals I got to see were deer, elk, and the occasional moose." She spoke a little louder, but stayed in her spot closer to the door.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited:
~ Callie ~
As Callie continued to pet the large cats, she noticed that they had stiffened up, and Lindu had moved his head away from her hand. Had someone else walked in? She asked herself, but her own question was quickly answered by the sound of someone speaking up. She gently reached out and rubbed Lindu's chin and patted the tiger laying on her legs. "It's okay everyone." She hushed them as she tried to sit up once again. This time the one tiger moved and she was able to sit up.

"Thank you." Callie smiled kindly as she replied to Bonnie. "I've lived around animals my whole life, these three-" She paused feeling small bear paws on her leg. "-four and many more have been my family for many years now." Callie slowly stood and picked up Teddy and chuckled as he Nuzzled into her shoulder. "I've been around many animals, my adoptive parents were veterinarians. So we had many dogs, cats, birds, and very often wild animals that people had taken into the states illegally or even just from zoos that went out of business."

~ Tags ~
HunterCameron HunterCameron

Liam turned his annoyed glare onto Alistair as he heard him smart off, a growl passing his lips. "You'd be smart to keep your smart ass shut. I don't have to allow you to be a part of this family. You're choosing your own fate by the choice of words and actions you make," Liam told the man, his red eyes glancing at the spiders as they began to act hostile. With a scoff, Liam looked back toward Liu Wen. The vampire didn't hate, nor dislike, Alistair at all. He was just pissed off because the man, and these two women had interrupted them with tardiness. All complications set aside, Liam wanted these three to be part of the circus, they had potential. The vampire could sense it. Though every smart ass comment only infuriated the vampire.

Liam watched silently as Liu Wen told her excuse and began to perform. Seeing the rods, Liam could feel the burning sensation begin to build in his sense of smell, blood was going to shed...at least, that's what Liam thought until he witnessed the rods as they pushed into the woman's skin with ease. He listened to her speak, his gaze meeting hers as she continued to impale herself. He smiled at the woman, nodding his head in approval. The man then turned his gaze to the so-called "Flame", his eyes turning back to the soft amber color they were before.

Liam observed the fire breather, boredom growing in his gaze as he saw the usual. He wanted more excitement, not what you would see for a street performer. When Leti began to grow bigger flames, his interest sparked. Especially when the flame ran up her ar like a vine, swallowing up her arm before she collected the flames. The most interesting part of her performance was when she had grabbed the burning hot iron in her palms. With a smile, Liam gave her a small nod. "Liu, Leti. You two are extraordinary performers. If you would like, you may join the circus, the family. You will not be able to leave if you decide to stay. This will be permanent. Make your choice now. Alistair, is it?"

Liam turned to face the man, his gaze looking at the spiders before back to the man's face. "I'm guessing you aren't an acrobat then? Something with the spiders, yes? Go on," Liam said, offering a small smile at the man before it diminished and he watched Alistair.

Aio Aio NanLia NanLia @GREASER

Users who are viewing this thread

Back