• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Four Suits Vol. 3 Interest Check (Always Accepting)

TPBx

Simpin for Witch Tea
1570140812414.png
Staff:
GM: TPBx TPBx
Co-GM: Kloudy Kloudy
Mod: vielpotato vielpotato Mechking Mechking
Hey Everyone,

TPBx here! Back with the continuation of the story of the Four Suits! Here is a quick summary of events so far:

There once was a Kingdom created by a great mage who then split apart his rule over it into four regions named after the four suits of a deck of cards: Diamonds, Clubs, Hearts, and Spades. This Kingdom called the Kingdom of Four Suits was for many generations was the exemplar of the Power of Magic in this world. Basing their entire culture upon the strength of the mages in their kingdom, to the point where those who were gifted and powerful became known as the Royalty and ruled over the land.

Three Years Ago, the Second Great War began between the technological Empire of Argossia and the Kingdom. The Argossians sought to prove that their technology was superior to magic, and thus waged war upon the Four Suits. After the fall of the cities of Parma and Jann, the Argossians continued their campaign across the Kingdom of the Four Suits, using a group of rebels named the Jokers to start a revolution to cripple the Kingdom from within. Many harsh battles were fought between the two sides, resulting in the loss of many lives including several members of the Royalty. Now on the precipice of defeat, the Four Suits face their greatest challenge yet.

Anyways, that's the story so far. Time to get into the available roles.

1570140836277.png
The Royalty

Within the Kingdom of the Four Suits each region (also called Suit) produces 4 representatives that are deemed as Royalty. As with a deck of cards the Royalty consists of the Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. The members of the royalty represent that Suit's greatest mages. Each role also represents a hierarchy of individual power with the Jacks being the weakest of the Royalty and the Aces being the strongest. (Limit one member of Royalty per player)

Hearts:
Diamonds:
Clubs:
Spade:
The Numbers
These are the civilians within the Kingdom of the Four Suits. Individuals would receive a rank based upon their magical capability. Those who were ranked 10 were among the strongest mages in the land and could contend for a spot among the Royalty while 2s were considered incredibly weak and incapable of even using the simplest of magic. (no limit)

Players may number of characters (within reason) of Ranks 2-9. Ranks 10+ are on hold for now

Hearts:
Clubs: LazyDaze LazyDaze
Diamonds:
Spades:

1570140858412.png
The Jokers
The Jokers were a group of revolutionaries that fought against the Kingdom of the Four Suits. They were cast aside by society for being weak, but with the help of the Argossians, they proved to be a serious threat when combining their magic with the power of technology. Now they are known as a group of Elite Soldiers within the Argossian Imperial Military, that lead the charge against the Kingdom.

Leader: vielpotato vielpotato
Commander: TPBx TPBx

1570140873938.png

The Argossian Empire
The Argossian Empire are the instigators of this war against the Kingdom of the Four Suits. Through the use of technology and science they have achieved things that the mages of the Four Suits could only dream of. Super soldiers, supersonic flight, weapons of mass destruction, are among few of the things the Empire has managed to create. Through the use of futuristic technology and superior tactics and strategies, the Argossian Empire managed to push the ages old Kingdom of the Four Suits to the brink of destruction despite lacking the supernatural powers of the Four Suits' mages.

Emperor Argossia: @Solemn Jester

Super Soldier Program: Ruby Owl Ruby Owl

Edit 2.0: Added player cap to number of characters for Suits.

Edit 2.1: Updated Role List (1/16/20)

Last edited:
Quechons:

I. [Commitment / General Regulations]

IA. What are the writing requirements for this RP? How frequent must we, the players, commit to?

IB. Face claims - anime, semi-realistic, real life?

IC. Posting orders. Are we going to be posting round-robin based on events or is it free-roam interactions until stated otherwise? Just wondering on how the RP works ICly.

II. [The World]
In terms of the world's overview, I'm assuming that this RP's technology is swordtech-ish? (like pixiv fantasia) A mix of high fantasy and modern-esque aesthetic?
I noticed y'all mentioned futuristic, but wanted to understand the world a bit better regarding the setting and tech.

IIA. Magic
How does one practice magic? Is it ruled by base innate ability handed down by the "Great Mage" that became the cards-based ranks? Or is it shared by a common source where one draws power from, based on their aptitude for magic? (i.e. mana, etc.)

IIB. Are the Four Suits Kingdoms in a coalition, or do they act independently of each other, to combat the Argossian Empire / Joker Revolutionaries?

IIC. Hierarchy & Govermental Structures. I'm assuming that the Four Suits are governed by the King and Queen? And the Ace is practically their Champion, of sort? Or is it co-ruled by a council with powers shared by the King, Queen, Ace and Jack? Or does it differ based on the Kingdoms?

Just some concerns regarding the world-building aspects to help me (and possibly some folks out there) understand the world better, before voicing our interests~
TPBx TPBx

Quechons:

I. [Commitment / General Regulations]

IA. What are the writing requirements for this RP? How frequent must we, the players, commit to?

IB. Face claims - anime, semi-realistic, real life?

IC. Posting orders. Are we going to be posting round-robin based on events or is it free-roam interactions until stated otherwise? Just wondering on how the RP works ICly.

II. [The World]
In terms of the world's overview, I'm assuming that this RP's technology is swordtech-ish? (like pixiv fantasia) A mix of high fantasy and modern-esque aesthetic?
I noticed y'all mentioned futuristic, but wanted to understand the world a bit better regarding the setting and tech.

IIA. Magic
How does one practice magic? Is it ruled by base innate ability handed down by the "Great Mage" that became the cards-based ranks? Or is it shared by a common source where one draws power from, based on their aptitude for magic? (i.e. mana, etc.)

IIB. Are the Four Suits Kingdoms in a coalition, or do they act independently of each other, to combat the Argossian Empire / Joker Revolutionaries?

IIC. Hierarchy & Govermental Structures. I'm assuming that the Four Suits are governed by the King and Queen? And the Ace is practically their Champion, of sort? Or is it co-ruled by a council with powers shared by the King, Queen, Ace and Jack? Or does it differ based on the Kingdoms?

Just some concerns regarding the world-building aspects to help me (and possibly some folks out there) understand the world better, before voicing our interests~
TPBx TPBx

So yeah commitment/regulations.

- Writing requirements: At least a paragraph per post. I'm personally not a stickler when it comes to writing because everyone is different, but I'm stern on not having 1 liners.
- Face Claims: Can be anime or realistic. Whatever you feel like best describes your character you should use.
- Posting Order: It'll depend on the situation. There will be times when characters can freely roam and times when there will be an order in which posts should go out. Usually those times will correspond with whether or not there are big events taking place like a battle or tournament for example. I'll be giving you guys heads up on when these events occur.

The World

So the Argossian Empire and Jokers have access semi-futuristic technology, while the Kingdom primarily uses magic for everything. It definitely is like what you said a mix of high fantasy and modern/semi-futuristic tech. The magic is a hard system that Kloudy Kloudy can explain better and has a lot of different mechanics that will be fleshed out in a separate lore page.

The four kingdoms used to be separate, but as of the last volume/arc they formed a coalition to fight on a united front against the Argossian Empire. As for the government, it is the same across the four kingdoms to honor the cross-generational tradition. The King, Queen, Jack, and Ace have different responsibilities as well that'll be flushed out in the lore page (there's a lot of lore)....

So yeah commitment/regulations.

- Writing requirements: At least a paragraph per post. I'm personally not a stickler when it comes to writing because everyone is different, but I'm stern on not having 1 liners.
- Face Claims: Can be anime or realistic. Whatever you feel like best describes your character you should use.
- Posting Order: It'll depend on the situation. There will be times when characters can freely roam and times when there will be an order in which posts should go out. Usually those times will correspond with whether or not there are big events taking place like a battle or tournament for example. I'll be giving you guys heads up on when these events occur.

The World

So the Argossian Empire and Jokers have access semi-futuristic technology, while the Kingdom primarily uses magic for everything. It definitely is like what you said a mix of high fantasy and modern/semi-futuristic tech. The magic is a hard system that Kloudy Kloudy can explain better and has a lot of different mechanics that will be fleshed out in a separate lore page.

The four kingdoms used to be separate, but as of the last volume/arc they formed a coalition to fight on a united front against the Argossian Empire. As for the government, it is the same across the four kingdoms to honor the cross-generational tradition. The King, Queen, Jack, and Ace have different responsibilities as well that'll be flushed out in the lore page (there's a lot of lore)....

If there is a lore page established for the minor integrations, then I'm sure it'll answer for itself.
Dankeschön~

I'll be interested to take on the role of Queen of Diamonds, if it is not taken yet!

The naive Queensguard has arrived, stronger than ever before.

Well, I was Queen of Spades the first two times, so...idk.

Cs page is up

Hello, i am completly new to this site. I would like to apply for one of the remaining two kings. I would also like to know more about the lore and magic system. Any reply is highly appreciated. Thx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back