What's new

Fotíste ti Nýchta: Illuminate the Night

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
#26
This hallway was disgusting, Erin decided, disgusting and old, and not at all what she was used to. Her head started to fill with noise as the panic rose once again. She struggled to blink it away, her urge to leave this place stronger.
Gripping her staff close, Damaia slowly made her way down the hallway, keeping a careful eye on the crack in the floor. As she drew near, she cautiously poked the floor and wall a foot or so away from the crack, moving past if nothing happened.
[Investigation: 21]
 
#27
For a short while Casey's own panic had faded, forced into the background as Mourn reacted to the cry for help. It was almost Pavlovian, he decided as he watched her reel back and swing. There wasn't any thought behind it. Ringing bells are to saliva as cries for aid are to Mourn rushing ahead.

Whatever brief respite he'd found ended with the door clearing it's hinges. Mourn and Casey descended back into a tangle knot, "Rust and ash! I mean, shit! Are you hurt? Didn't think it would fall apart that easily, should have just kicked it like the last one."

They entered, stepping wide of the door and we'll away from the woman. She'd have an easy path out. Mourn hooked the weapon to her belt where it would be a modicum less threatening, "this...may sound odd, but do you remember how you got here? Oh where did my manners go, I'm lady Mourn of- ...I'm Casey. Just Casey."
 
#28
Now, see, Jen had thought she was hiding quite well, so it came as a bit of a surprise to her when she looked over her shoulder and found this white-haired shortie standing right behind her, brow lined up with confusion. Oh. Well, uh... she tried? Time to face the music. She wheeled about to face the man in full and took a step backwards, sizing him up just as he sized her up. Holy hell he was short-- Halfling? The little voice in her head didn't protest that guess but she wasn't certain yet-- and his hair was a positively unearthly shade of pale. Which made sense. This likely not being earth at all. But he seemed to recognize her, and he certainly wasn't a foe, so who--

It hit her at about the same time it hit him-- her DM describing the last character he played to the party at length, waxing poetic about white hair and quarterstaffs, spelling out the name Fahalil. And I she was looking at his character now, then this had to be...

"Alex?" The relief at knowing she wasn't alone in this hellhole was intense enough to make her laugh aloud, a shaky sound. "Oh thank fuck... are you ok?"
 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#29







"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Fahalil (Alexander) Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mentions:
Mood: Happy to see a friend.


Alex laughed softly when she recognized him before nodding "Yeah I'm alright, I mean I'm kind of missing a lot of height" he chuckled as he waved a hand over his head "But otherwise, I am doing just fine" he waved his staff before attaching it to his back and walking towards her "So you started in a cell too?" he asked looking at her cell before looking back to her "Also, I just have to ask, what was with that stance you made when you saw me" he mimicked her with a grin.

He found that as he became more and more excited, the less afraid he felt. He was thankful for Jen's appearance, even if she did look like Prenma.

 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#30







"Keep in mind that I am the Dungeon Master and if you continue to annoy me, I may have to Destroy you."
Dungeon Master Seraph Darkfire Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mood: Ready to Begin.


Finrich/Glen
As Glen moved down the hallway, he eventually came across another cell at a right turn. This cell however was already open, it's lock looking like it'd been bashed in. After a moment's pause, he hears what sounds like someone talking, coming from further beyond the cell, down the hallway to his right, but is unable to hear what is being said.


Lia/Ashley
Fortunately, Ashley is able to dodge away from the door. As the one calling themselves Casey moves closer, she feels as though she remembers their appearance but can't quite place it just on simple observation.


Damaia/Erin
It is fortunate that Damaia has such keen eyesight or she would have missed the creature hiding in the crack of the floor. Fortunately she managed to catch sight of it and avoid it as it climbed out of the crack to face her, blocking her way forwards. She only had the choice to fight. Observing it revealed it to be a rather large spider, its eyes appearing angry that it's prey had avoided it. Then it attacked.



Mourn/Casey
As Casey talks to this girl, he as a strange feeling that he'd seen her before, but he couldn't quite place it.


Prenma/Jen
Jen, upon realizing who this small person is, suddenly remembers everything that Alex had once told them about it. This was the Gnome Druid Fahalil, Alex had once been talking about him being introduced into the next campaign they were planning on doing. He'd actually mentioned a lot about the world they would be playing in, filled with castles and dragons and other crazy stuff.


 
Last edited:
#31
Ashley picked herself up off the ground, brushing the dust and dirt off herself. “I think I’m alright” she said, responding to Casey’s first question. “I really have no clue how I got here, just woke up in here.”

When the Tiefling introduced herself, Ashley again got this familiar sense again that she knew Casey. “I’m…” she had the urge to say that name again. Lia. But that’s not her. “My name’s Ashley” she finally responded “nice to meet you, and thank you for what you did there, with the door.”

She looked the woman in front of her up and down again “I have to ask... Have we met before?"
 
#32
Jen flushed lightly, but managed to roll her eyes. "Come on... if you're here and I'm here, there might be a chance everyone else is here too. Let's look."

She said that, but frankly, she didn't know where she could start. She looked back over her shoulder, down the hallway, surveying the torches flickering and not moving an inch just yet. The longer she looked down it, and at Alex's new form, the more she remembered. Gnome, not Halfling, for one thing-- the little voice so picky about time measurement apparently didn't give a shit about the particulars of race. Fahalil was apparently going to make a comeback in the game Alex was about to run for them, a game Alex hadn't shut up about for like two weeks straights. Details bubbled up in her memory like water just starting to simmer-- very classic D&D world, heavy on both D's, roleplay-heavy, some bit about an assassins guild which may or may not have been just flavor texting, et cetera et cetera. So they were characters in Alex's game now, and that meant there was a good chance....

"Hey dude." She was thinking hard too, even as she said this, tracing back through paths of NPCs and opening text statements to pinpoint the exact data. "Did you ever stat out a dungeon like this?"
 

bh18

New Member
#33
Glen almost breaks stealth to walk around the corner and greet whoever was there, maybe hug them and demand answers, but he stopped.

Prisons have guards. Don't just walk up to random people.

He kept to stealth and peeked around the bend.

Perception: 15
 
Last edited:
#34
"Same," Casey didn't include what vague memories he had of the dream. What little part of his rationality that remained found it rather amusing that he could readily accept being thrust into the body of a game character but didn't wish to acknowledge that a dream might carry real meaning.

"Ashley," they echoed, then recognition lit in Mourn's gray eyes, "Wait, Alex's game. You were that, um," he stopped them short of saying 'kid', "High schooler he invited, yeah?"

Mourn/Casey fell silent as they began pacing the far side of the room. If Ashley was here in what Casey vaguely recalled as 'blond elf archer', then could there be others?

"Check...check the bed. I found some gear inside of mine. After that we need to leave. There might be others we know in here."
 
#35
Erin was lucky to see the spider before it attacked. She would, however, have considered herself more lucky to have never crossed its path. She tried to scramble out of reach, but as she turned, the spider caught her with its huge mandible and bit down on her whole torso.

Now, Erin had a fairly high pain tolerance. A childhood full of endless blood work, a ridiculous amount of broken bones from constantly falling, and all the general aches and pains from her various illnesses and medications had given her a leg up on most mid-twenties civilians.

This was way worse than any of that. She could barely scream through the pain, but her hand rose anyway to return the attack.
Damaia unloaded three Magic Missiles right into the spider’s face, and it quickly let her go, it’s legs curling in on itself.

The tiefling fell back onto the ground, finding her breath a moment later, and started to sob.
Damaia didn’t let them cry for longer than a few seconds before she stood shakily, and made her way down the hallway, ready to loose a Fire Bolt at the first sign of hostility.

[Readied action: Fire Bolt]
 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#36







"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Fahalil (Alexander) Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mentions:
Mood: Curious


Alex nodded as he agreed with her "Yeah, we should get looking for the others if they are here" he looked around "I've made a lot of dungeons for you guys to play in but this one is unfamiliar to me" he said thoughtfully as he looked around "Maybe if I got a look at what was above this dungeon I could tell you where we were...if we happen to be in something I made" he chuckled "Just because we look like our characters doesn't mean we aren't in a campaign of mine"

He turned his head as he looked at the hallway before pausing as he saw the door on the left wall "Have you checked out where that door leads?" he asked "We could also head back to my cell, there was another hallway that way...if we both ended up in cells then it would make sense if the others ended up in cells as well" he scratched his head "What I find odd is that there are no guards or even monsters around. That is like an ambush waiting to happen for a DM" he laughed softly.

 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#37







"Keep in mind that I am the Dungeon Master and if you continue to annoy me, I may have to Destroy you."
Dungeon Master Seraph Darkfire Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mood: Ready to Begin.


Finrich/Glen
As he looks around the corner, he notices two people standing at the far end near another, open, cell. One of them is about the same height as he is, with a shock of white hair and a staff strapped to his back. The other person is a taller, attractive half elf. He isn't close enough to pick up the whole conversation but he picks up "Alex" Stat" "Dungeon" "Campaign" and "Cell"


Lia/Ashley
Lia suddenly remembers Alex and the rest of the gang. She remembers that she was the newest member to join their dnd group and she definitely remembers Casey, but it wasn't this tall paladin woman in front of her. However, she also remembers this woman being Casey's character Mourn.


Damaia/Erin
The spider hisses in pain as it is riddled by the magic missiles and stumbles towards her before collapsing and quickly turning over, its legs closing up as it's muscles lock up in death. As she is passing by the crack once more she, fortunately, doesn't get attacked by another monster. However, out of the corner of her eye she spots the glint of something in the crack. Looking closer she finds a strange amulet in the shape of a spider. Nearby she also finds a small pouch.

Congratulations! 50 exp for killing a Giant Wolf Spider. 20 exp for being the first to kill a Monster.
Congratulations! Loot! You've found an Unidentified Amulet and a pouch containing thirty silver pieces.


Mourn/Casey
Casey is able to watch as a look of realization goes across this girl's face as she quickly remembers him and the rest of the group.


Prenma/Jen
Prenma gives a casual look down the hallway but doesn't notice anything as Alex answers her.


 

bh18

New Member
#38
Stat? As in the numbers superimposed in his vision? Maybe they knew something. Maybe they were in a similar boat?

They could be hostile.

This time Glen ignored the voice, growing more desperate for some human contact. He broke stealth and started towards them.

"Hi!" He called. "I'm Glen! What're your names?" He felt an unease that appeared totally alien along with a strange sense of annoyance at himself.

History: 9
 
Last edited:
#39
Jen had been busy mulling over the options Alex had presented her with, and didn't at all expect a new short someone to step around the corner and call out to them. She jumped back with an inelegant yelp of fright, and then stepped closer, eyes widening in recognition.

"Glen?" It was most certainly not the Glen she knew, but he had said he was playing a Halfling, and this character she was addressing was small enough to be one. "Glen, it's Jen! Jen and Alex!"
 
#40
“Alex? Dungeons and Dragons?” Ashley mumbled, before finally it hit her “Casey! Of course! And you're... Now your character Mourn!” It clicked in her head finally. She was Lia Amakiir, her wood elf character from the game. She had only just made the character and played one or two sessions. Everything made sense now.

She walked over and grabbed her equipment from under the bed, her bow, quiver and the rest of her items. Then she walked back to Mourn confidently, everything wasn’t as scary anymore now that she understood. She still didn’t know how this happened, but they will find out.

Lia smiled at Mourn “Lets go find the others.”
 
Last edited:
#41
Damaia pauses at the glint of metal, and reached carefully into the crevice to pull out a strange amulet and a small pouch- with money! She quickly pocketed it and moved on.

Erin could see, now that she was mildly calmed down, that she was really low on health. It would be just her luck to suddenly appear in a body that worked and immediately die.

Well, in any case, this was probably all a dream. More painful than usual, though.

She moved on down the hallway, keeping watch for anything of interest.
 
#42
Mourn's features brightened at the mutual recognition. They'd each found something to anchor on, and Casey were surprised at the wonders that did for calming him.

"Follow a few paces behind me, yeah? There's a few paths I saw earlier that we can take," Mourn took up the greatsword where it had been lain upon entering, then looked up both paths for any danger. If there wasn't something obvious Mourn would lead the way back towards the intersection then headed straight through.
 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#43







"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Fahalil (Alexander) Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mentions:
Mood: Curious


For the moment, Alex was content to wait for Jen to make a decision, as was normal for him. However, a little bit of excitement shot through him when Glen appeared. Maybe it was an enemy or a plot point, but no, it was their friend. He knew the character well. Then a wide grin split as he looked at him "Thank god you are here Glen!" he said laughing a little "Finally, someone shorter than me has arrived" it was only about a foot, but that foot made a difference. He'd been afraid that he was going to be the shortest member of the group. Seeing the halfling, he was thankful that he'd made Fahalil a particularly tall Gnome.

"Didn't think that I'd be seeing Finrich though. It must be all of our characters from the most recent campaign" he looked thoughtful. He had a few characters as did Glen, he was sure the others did as well, but these characters were pretty much brand new an from the skills he had, they weren't even later leveled, started at first level.

 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#44







"Keep in mind that I am the Dungeon Master and if you continue to annoy me, I may have to Destroy you."
Dungeon Master Seraph Darkfire Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mood: Ready to Begin.


Finrich/Glen
It takes a moment for the names to make any sense to Glen but after a moment, he remembers his D&D group. Alex, his DM and Jen, their charismatic Bard. However, they look as different as he does to himself. It takes him even longer to put the faces to memory and realize that they are actually their characters, which should lead him to realizing who he is.


Lia/Ashley
Lia's relief from hearing that her friends may be around sets her more at ease.


Damaia/Erin
Erin moved around the corner and found herself standing in a much longer hallway. The only other thing in this hallway is a door on her right. Further down there is a bend that turns to her left.

VC Second Hallway.png

Mourn/Casey
Other than the hallway continuing on, there is nothing particularly strange. Heading back the way he/she came leads back to the intersection. To his right is the hallway leading back to his cell and the door there. Straight ahead is another long hallway and another door. To his left is a hallway with no doors in sight.


Prenma/Jen
Both Jen and Alex are caught off guard by Glen's sudden arrival, it was lucky he wasn't an enemy.


 
#45
Erin let out a groan at the sight of such a long hallway. She wasn't getting out of here easily, it seemed. The still bleeding hole in her side made the hallway look at least a mile long.

"Well," she sighed after a while, starting on her way down the corridor, "Better see what's behind door number one."

As she approached, Erin examined the door and tried to hear if anything was beyond.
 
#46
Having not encountered and real dangers yet and fresh from the triumph of discovering someone by shouting, Casey/Mourn cupped their hands and shouted down each unexplored hallway, "HELLO?! ANYONE DOWN THERE?"
 

bh18

New Member
#47
It took a moment for the names to catch up to him, all of them being in new bodies, plus Glen's own jumbled mind, but he recalled all the names of the DnD group he played with regularly. Eventually, he even put faces to the names based on their descriptions during a character build session, what little he could remember. Jen built a half-elf bard if he remembered right, which explained why she was rather tall, and her name was... Prena? Pemra? Something close to that. Alex was obviously his gnomish druid character, named Fa-something middle-east sounding. The most prominent things he remembered from the description were highly feminine looking and really tall hair. Alex once used the phrase, 'think anime protagonist' to help everyone get a general sense of what he meant and the hair he was looking at right now certainly fit the bill.

Glen had several new questions he wanted to ask them, mostly regarding how they got here, why were they DnD characters, et cetera, but for now he would make good on his first thought upon seeing them. Lunging forward to hug the ever-loving crap out of Jen's legs.

He suddenly got the overwhelming sense to facepalm from somewhere in his mind.

Jen got a hug because Alex dared lord his 1 foot of height over him.

He felt it again when he realized the pun.

Alex's statement about Finrich made him think, and at this point the idea that he'd dropped into his newest rogue, a stealthy loner type as opposed to his usual gregarious con artist, was not immediately absurd.

To be certain he asked an important question, "Is my hair really red? Like from the Emerald Isle red?"

Perception: 20
 
Last edited:
#48
Lia flinched back from the harshness of his yelling, loud noises were hard on her elf ears. But she hoped in worked in getting someone’s attention, hopefully no monsters or creepy crawlies. Ashley remember the way Dungeons and dragons worked and there could be anything lurking around.

She walked forward down the hallway a bit, noticing a door to the right and stopped. Lia's curiosity getting the best of her she walked up to it and listened “hello?” she mumbled quietly beside the door, listening to see if anything or anyone stirred inside.
 
#49
Jen gave a laugh as she nodded, a similar sound to before that trembled lightly with relief, and embraced the man back. She was never as much of a casual hugger as him, but screw it, they were all up poop creek without a paddle right now anyway. "True red. If it matters."

When she pulled back, she glanced between the two, a little uncertain. She wasn't exactly what you call vocal in crowds, but something felt... well, when push came to shove, she was a doer, and things needed doing, so after a second she cleared her throat and said, "Um, so... we got me, and you two. We're missing three more... um--" She kind of wanted to suggest they split up and look, but nope. Never split the party. "Um, any ideas where to look first, I guess?"
 

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
#50







"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Fahalil (Alexander) Location: Dungeon of the Final Keep
Mentions:
Mood: Curious


"Red like you should be growing potatoes" Alex said smiling before he looked at Jen again "Well, we have this door here" he said pointing to the door nearest to them "Or we could head back the way Glen came.." he stopped talking when he heard the sound of shouting "Which seems like the right direction to head if that yelling is anything to go by" he looked thoughtful "Sounds like a woman?" he said looking back to them as he scratched his head "It could be one of the others or it could be something dangerous..what do you two think?"

 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top