• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• 8479b751335b11270599b20b9f156a28.png

Interacting With/Mentions:
    Vega ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Ayame ( Beann Beann ), Amaris ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ), Andalish ( BFabulous BFabulous )

~ Haugr Forest: Camp~
    ~ Dusk || ~7pm ~

I Found || Nettie's CS File

He was glad that they didn’t need to take on any additional stragglers. Ayame’s plan was a solid one, exactly what he’d expected from the woman. He’d throw his lot in with her any day. Besides, it was all too easy to prefer a position to the center where he’d have time to shape as he needed.

The light dimmed as the forest got denser. Almost reflectively he started to draw magic from the few flowers they passed amplifying the light and reaching it out to circle around the group in little firefly-like lights. He stuck close as possible to the others glancing between each patch of trees expectantly.

It would be difficult if the nests weren’t obvious given their lack of a scout. What’s worse is that they were a moving magical bloom. Now that he was shaping he was more aware of the magic coming off his friend Ayame. He did his best not to pull any of the magic that bled back into the land from her as Vitality would mix with Light in such a way that it would be a dangerous and more exhausting source of light.

As they came up to more worn wooden boardwalks Nettuno paused.

“Are we sure about how sturdy these actually are?”

Part of him wanted to spend some actual time to strengthen or support the wood but neither earth nor wood came that easily for him and he doubted any would want to wait the time it would take him to finagle the elements well enough to become a verifiable bridge. Especially with how small the gaps were.

He supposed that it was a non-issue for some of the others.

He jumped as he heard growls chorus above them causing the light to flicker around them for a moment as the rustling of leaves became a loud thud as a putrid scent came from in front of them. He moved around the ones in front of him and stumbled as he saw the familiar sight of a humanoid carcass.

“Wha-Fuck, is that a civilian or another gazer? You sure you want to catch these things?”

Profaner
cqc1.5.jpg
Gravel crunched beneath Profaner's feet as she marched. Compared to when they'd left the city, her posture had loosened, and her gait was considerably more lax. This was where she felt at home, or at least, it was the most she could feel at home where the air did not stink of ash.

Instead, there was the scent of peat, freshly made damp by the coming of the night. In the distance, she could hear, too. Not only the howls of the predatory Satpines, roving in their wolf-like bands, but the lighter yips and whimpers of other woodland creatures, retiring early into their burrows. Their stomachs were empty, but in the light of the bottomless, craven gullets of the monsters that now prowled these woods, that was a small price to pay.

Profaner could empathize with their plight. Not so much that she could say that she'd be doing this for them, but these lands had been kind to her in the past. Restoring them, to some degree, would bring her a bit of peace.

"I will scout ahead." She spoke suddenly, and as tersely as ever, before breaking from the group. Her lighter frame allowed her to scamper and skip across the cliff face with an ease that the other, except perhaps Nyx, would be denied, and more importantly, her nature would allow her near their prey without bother. It was convenient, then, that it was Nyx himself that was the only one amongst the three men that knew the truth of her nature, and she trusted his judgement well enough to not carelessly follow after her. His scent alone probably would've been enough to stir the Satpines into a predatory frenzy.

Her hands bit into the cliff face as the path turned from steep, to practically vertical, and she continued with her ascent. The smell of peat left her, as did the subtler sounds of the forest, and soon enough, the Satpine's distant gnashing was all that remained. Her climb paused as she came onto a step within the cliff large enough for her to perch upon, and she cast her gaze about the horizon. Her eyes were wide, two gleaming shocks of white in the night, as she scanned both the forest below and the adjacent cliff faces for their prey.

Interacted: @Mook-LandStrider @Phayne simj26 simj26

1670501802482.png
Minerva Morningdew

Spinning on her heel Minerva chuckled to herself when Roy spoke up again, turning to him with a beaming grin Minerva pointed at the blacksmith before piping up in her own defence "Oh Roy, tsk tsk tsk. Can't you see this bet is meant to bolster productivity? Incentives are key to maintaining party harmony and efficiency! Heh heh heh! I read it in the manual! The Han-u-el Man-u-el!". Shaking her head from side to side, Minerva quickly moved toward the path she had pointed out alongside her team. Lighting a small lamp on her own waist as she did so.

------------------------------

As the group progressed down the forest path they would quickly come to find that for the most part this route had been left relatively unharmed by the satpine population. Animals still seemed to be plentiful in nature and aside from the obvious foul odour and fallen trees- Well to Minerva nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. Keeping a good pace some few feet ahead of the party, Minerva remained within eyesight as she scouted ahead. Every so often taking to the tree line with a blink to assert the damage and condition of the path that lay ahead of them beyond the fallen trees. Yet despite all her observations Minerva had yet to see any distinct signs of a satpine nest or cluster. Odd, very odd. Even the magical energy of the area felt ordinary. Had they pulled a dud?

Blinking back to the party just as they reached the lake, Minerva managed to grasp the tail end of Mal's statement. Turning to the lake Minerva pinched her nose in response to the terrible stench "Since I'm a Genie it may be best to pull from me first. Just be sure not to take too much. I tend to burn through a lot quite quickly when things get serious.". Flapping her wings a little to swish away the stench assaulting her nose Minerva let out a sigh "I think It's safe to say the nest has to be on the perimeter of the lake. The stench of dead fish is unbearable! We're getting closer for sure. I think we all best prepare for contact post haste! Ezma, with this much water around you'll be the front line with Mal and Roy. Ilaria, you'll be running interference with me. When we get close I'll do my best to destroy the nest, from there extermination can be carried out on the very angry beasties that respond. Everyone got that? Oh and Roy, did you bring another lantern?"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper eeuphoria eeuphoria Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

unknown.png
Amaris Evenwood

Amaris's calm expression graced with a pleasant smile made it seem as if he was taking a nature walk as opposed to taking part in a potentially deadly mission. His eyes scanned their surroundings slowly as his hands were (figuratively) busy with keeping their supplies afloat. A soft chuckle escaped his lips as Nettuno siphoned magic from the flowers lining the path and surrounded them with glowing particles.

"I hear on land, there's bugs which are similar to these," he commented, "and people apparently try to catch them on summer nights. It might be too cold for those to come out currently, but I don't suppose you could make these scatter and fly around, Nettuno?"

His attention was pulled from the carefree image that formed in his head when he heard growling coming from the branches above a little ways ahead. He continued on though, with no increased sense of urgency, until a loud thud rang out. Only when a rotting smell wafted over did Amaris's expression sour. He floated forth, trying to get a better look at what had just dropped amidst their paths.

Despite hearing Nettuno's words about what lay in front of them, he was still left in a state of disbelief. Only upon closer inspection, when he saw the damage monsters had done on it, did his eyes widen. A momentary loss of focus as fear spread through him caused him to drop the floating supplies and fall to the ground with a thud.

"It... It could have been something else..." he responded to the smaller man's concern, floundering to once again get himself and everything back afloat. The thought wasn't exactly comfort though, when he realized whatever that was would probably still be around. He eyed the supplies. They'd already come so far. Officer Sang had even given his okay. They couldn't just cut their plan short now.

Amaris let out a breath. "... I still think we should," he said. "If we are able to study them better, then... maybe we can make occurrences like these less frequent."

Interactions:
Nettuno ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Ayame ( Beann Beann ), Vega ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Andalish ( BFabulous BFabulous )

Angelica Klon
Interactions/Mentions: Lost Echo Lost Echo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa The Prophet The Prophet

Angelica kept pace with the group, watching carefully around them as they walked, Luljeta in front.

So far, the tigress hadn’t felt the need to buff anyone and there were no monsters to punch the lights out of.

The lights of the flora were gorgeous, but as they progressed further into the woods, the darker the outskirts were, only spotted with some of the glowing flora past the path.

She contemplated shifting her eyes for her tiger’s vision, but ultimately decided against it. She didn’t like shifting as it was, so the thought was quickly waved off.

Her breath huffed visibly in front of her as she shucked her coat off and tied the arms around her waist having become warmed by their light trek through the woods. The temperature was nothing like Ciuma this time of year and she found herself glad that she chose layers instead of warm dressings.

That same visible breath hitched in her throat when the clash of screeches were suddenly all around them. Widening her stance, she clenched her fists, the blades of her weapon jutting out, giving her almost the appearance of Wolverine.

A purple aura flamed from her and over to Luljeta as she used her vitality to strengthen the both of them— as she promised.

Her eyes flashed across gouged trees and through branches before landing on Soleil.

Soleil said:
“Perhaps it would be best for me to scout ahead,”

Angelica looked over at Soleil as the Phoenix lit up an orb of fire in her hands, “Be careful. I can’t reach you easily if you’re in the sky. Come back immediately if something is off.

6ec43d22a4737b46f95037d0283bfe68.jpg
"I wouldn't mind if we lost to that group!" Esma said, radiant with each step. "I find cooking to be very fun! Though it depends on what exactly is on the guild's menu, doesn't it? I wonder what they'd have at the picnic? Or are we bringing our own food?" Her gaze wandered upward, a finger going to her mouth as curiosity took over her mind.

She, her sister, and the group recently departed for the exam. Aside from the many fallen logs to which she simply jumped and walked on like balance beams, it was little more than a pleasant hike in her eyes. Her train of thought was interrupted by a squelch of mud—she glanced down to see her foot plunged into the wet dirt. Esma giggled. She planted her foot in and out; the sound repeated itself. "Ilaria! Look! Look! It makes a funny sound when I step on this spot!"

But there was no time to play around, she realized! This was the exam! Puffing herself up much like a child would when trying to look brave, Esma continued with the group. Maldarius was next to grab the dancer's attention, as he called on her (she beamed at being called her nickname) for what sounded more like a warning more than anything. "You can rely on me, too, Mal!" So she said, but she was currently and clearly occupied with her own Twisted sister.

Further into their trek, everyone scrunched their face up at once—a stench of rotting washed over them all, and not even the lively Esma fared well in its presence. She'd have marveled at the lake if not for the overwhelming aroma. It was then that Minerva took charge of their situation, assigning people left and right. The dancer herself was told to go on the frontlines... and to that, she smiled.

Even beyond the dance troupe, it seemed she was meant to be at the front. Roy and Mal... Her gaze darted between the two, offering them each a smile.

Though Esma felt it was a wonderful plan (in planning, she happily leaves it to everyone else), she didn't want to affirm to it before hearing her sister's own thoughts.

The dancer hopped over to Ilaria's side. "What do you think, Ilaria? Are you going to be fine without me...?" she said through a pinched nose.

The phoenix relaxed as she watched the purple aura sweep over Luljeta. Somehow (no, it’s likely because of her crush) she trusted Angelica’s strength and was grateful for her sharing it. Letting the orb float near her shoulder, she turned back to the tigress as she spoke.

Her face flushed red, obvious in the nearby flickering flame. Did she care? Oh my god, that sounded like she cared about her personally. Focus. Her mind was flitting about like a sparrow. Swallowing once, she nodded, “I’m much more agile in the sky. If need be, I’ll break through the treeline. Above, I’ll have space to dodge. I’ll be able to return and get out of range.” She knew that she was unlikely to sneak up on the satpines. She was more likely to stir them up, flee, and allow the group to know how far away they were.

• 234c10c74572c5d478f0d6d08f3d3706.jpg

~Haugr Forest~
    ~ Midday || ~12pm ~

|| Yuria's CS File
    ||

"You know..." Yuria began, watching the darkness absentmindedly. This pathway was cetainly something; as a regular human he could see practically nothing in the dark like this, but the light made it even worse. bsentmindedly he plucked a mushroom and tossed it into the dark, watching it's light fade far too quickly. "While not being able to see much irks me, this ai- ahem - isn't bad. Any luck with you all?" He asked, turning towards the group as they walked rather than the heavy darkness. Lule was in charge; a fact he was happy to see of course, but he wished he could be more helpful in this moment to them. Until they had soime actionable information, all Yuria could do is keep a hand on the pommel of the sheathed sword at his waist. His handgun was tucked away in his coat; he didn't want to try his hand and waste ammunition on something he couldn't see just yet.

Soleil had a great idea, scouting would help them get a move on and maybe actually win this inter-team bet. Just before he could voive his agreement however, a srill and primal noise erupted all around them. "I believe our quarry has found us. Funny turn of events, that." Yuria was calm, drawing his sword and letting the blade rest on his shoulder whilst scanning once more. "A fight just might happen soon, but you all are very capable. It shouldn't be an issue." He idly complimented whilst the phoenix prepared to go.

Emmi’s eyes stared with glee at the large amounts of color in the area before her so many ideas creped into her head all at once. Maybe she should make a line of rings all designed after the various colors she has seen here call it the flora line or something like that. Maybe even use some earth magic to shape the gem leaf like pattern or tree oh so many ideas to work with. Should they glow just as much, that might make them seem a little tacky and hard to look at, guess will just have to turn down the brightness a bit then before putting them on display. Then suddenly it all started to die down as the sound of screeches filled the air and that rotten smell of all things ugh. I must put my ideas aside for a moment before I come up with smelly screechy earrings, now that's a line that would never sell. “Ugh what terrible noise and smell there goes my ideas!” She pouted in frustration looking annoyed at everything again. Her eyes then light up again at the fireball that appeared in Soleil’s hands. “So pretty.” Oooh, maybe a line of red jewelry with a fire pattern would be a great next project. Yuria would then commit on the sounds getting closer ugh I wanted to look at the fire longer. Emmi would then pull out her greataxe and slam it into the ground. “Well can they hurry up and get here I now have ideas in my head and I want to work on them as soon as possible.” She says in an annoyed tone but eager to get this fight going nonetheless.

• d654eacda1c848c1e0a5fe6b9614ea06.jpg

Interacting With/Directly:
    Razul ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Yuria ( The Prophet The Prophet ), Angelica ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Emmi ( Pik Pik ) Sol ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )

Interacting With/Indirectly:
    Mal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper )
    ~ Haugr Forest: Camp -> Northwestern Path~
    ~ Dusk || ~7pm ~

Star Walkin' || Lule's CS File

She ignored the near demanded request Mal had given her for her name… wholly accidentally. She rarely heard that tone used with her and thus merely skipped back to focusing on those who were in her own group. She’d have time for introductions later.

Instead she focused on Angelica’ inquiry to if the flowers would still glow after being picked. She nearly went to pick one herself but instead she stopped remembering that they would likely be trampled or bloodied by the end at best even if they did glow.

“Well, let’s get a move on then if you want to win your own challenge.”

“Heck yeah! Lets GO!”

“But you’re welcome to come to the bakery after hours. We often have extra left over.”

“This is why you’re the best Sollllllll”

She’d planned to throw herself into a big glomp on Soliel but stopped as she saw Razul dive ahead.

“HEY Wait up! I’m the tank here!”

With that she fell into a charge doing her best to keep pace.

---Dun dun dun Scene Change---

Once the path started to shift and change she slowed her steps from the hurried running she had been maintaining. Instead her reckless stomping became less hurried but still heavy footfalls.

She didn’t do much more than nod at Soliel’s suggestion of being their scouting flare. She herself was horribly grounded. Her form was low and powerful with her naginata’s strikes, and her wereform though plenty big and a great shield was more meant to sit and absorb damage than built for movement.

“Just be careful okay Sol, we need to be swift like the winds of Tuuli!”

She turned to the others in group to check on how they were currently doing. If she was lucky maybe they would have an easy time at it. With Yuria’s calm demenour and Emmi’s impatience it seemed everyone was getting ready to fight.

"I believe our quarry has found us. Funny turn of events, that. A fight just might happen soon, but you all are very capable. It shouldn't be an issue."

“Yeah, sure looks like it… But Bossman be sure to be behind me. I think I have an idea for how to skulk out some of these guys and keep their attention on me.”

She followed Emmi’s demonstration and brought her naginata out and pounded the floor with it. With a big inhale she prepared to roar.

“RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. YOU BETTER RUN SATPINES.”

The sounds of growls chorus before a surge of Satpines dived at Lule. Reflectively she begun to swing her weapon as they slashed away at her.

“SHITTTTTTTTTTTT.”

She took out one, two, three. But they kept coming.

As the gnome came closer to stare, Soleil went to offer the orb to her, letting her take this one while she made another. Before she could, Yuria spoke up about the sounds they’d been hearing. She was more worried the noises weren’t from their quarry like Yuria suggested. Still, if they hadn’t attacked yet, surely they would not? But Luljeta had an idea; she was taking the lead. Soleil was so proud of her.

Seeing her princess prepare to roar (a strangely common sight for the ewe), Soleil instinctively brought out her shuriken. The sound echoed through her hollow bones, giving her strength. But then, the growls of the forest crescendoed and they were there, attacking Luljeta as numerous as a flock of starlings.

The phoenix threw a shuriken through the mass of satpines, not to hit one of them (though that would have been a benefit) but to carry a small whirlwind through the group. She had to thin the assault on her princess so that she could regroup and attack again. It interrupted the flow of the monsters, giving Luljeta space.

Last edited:

• unknown.png

Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Mal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) Illaria ( eeuphoria eeuphoria )

~ Haugr Forest: Camp -> East Path~
    Later Evening

Roy's CS File

Roland had actually been pretty attentive to his surroundings on this excursion into the forest. Taking note of the increased animal activity, Roy kept his ears open not just for the monsters, but for any predators as well. Luckily for Roy, he didn’t own any footwear besides snug, rough-working boots. Well, besides his fluffy slippers. But no one needed to know of those, especially not Minerva. Even so, Roy wouldn’t relax fully until tonight’s mission was done and over with.

Then came Mal’s statement. In part, Roy was annoyed, even upset about the complete lack of consideration for consent on Mal’s part. On one hand, yes, Roy understood some people needed to feed on magic. On the other hand, you don’t just force things on others. Then on the third hand, Roy is human, a shaper. The blacksmith could only think Mal was lucky that the aunties and grannies of the Armstrong family didn’t hear that, the twisted would be in better hands with the monsters they were hunting.

“Mal. Two things, maybe more from me. First, if you ever make such a demand of me again I will make sure you’re blacklisted from my shop and any that associate with my own. Second, I am a human, you’d have better luck finding water in a desert than magic in me.” As Roy was handing over his words, his hands were getting a firm grip on his hammer. The blacksmith held whatever else he was gonna say as Minerva reported back in. Both of her willingness to help Mal, and the potential nesting area. Roy nodded along for the most part.

“If you need a lantern, you can borrow mine, I can just whip up a makeshift torch.” With that Roland removed it from his belt and handed it off to Minerva. Or rather the ground at her feet. Afterward, Roy when and grabbed a dead branch from the ground, pulled a rag out of one of his pouches, and wrapped it around one end of the branch. Then he turned to the others, pulling just enough magic from the land to create a spark, Roland ignited the rag and showed his torch to the others.

“Oh, right, side effect of being human: I have lotsa types of magics under my belt. Fire, Earth, Metal. Anything that might have helped in my workshop.” It wasn’t so much a smug grin, as the seasoned confidence earned from many jobs well done. “Either way, yes I have my hammers, but I’d be more of a backup frontline. I can throw some fire, pull upon the earth, yata-yata.”

Andalish
02bc992959c1c051dee3381c6736045b.jpg
The glowing flowers brought forth positive memories for Andalish, producing a calming, almost pining smile. His relaxed demeanor and calming smile would give off the impression that he wasn't taking this mission seriously. Releasing a melancholy sigh, Andalish stepped in front of Nettuno,"I'll create a sturdier bridge for us. Wouldn't want to fall now, would we?" From his feet sprung vines that stretched out a few feet ahead, only reaching out directly in front of him. Keeping the pace relaxed looked over his shoulder slightly,"These ain't everlasting but they should hold long 'nough for us to get rid of the nest!"

The low growls instantly put Andalish on alert,"Be careful we aren't al-" the thud of body interrupted him and immediately sent him into a pensive stare. Although alert, the air about him was sorrowful. Breathing in and releasing a dejected sigh, Andalish raised his hands to create a soft bed for Amaris and the supplies when he noticed him falling. It wasn't much, but it should help a little. Ignoring the putrid smell of death, Andalish strided over to the body and knelt down,"I'm sorry that this your end stranger....Just as life is beautiful, the end should be just as grand. I hope it was quick & painless, and you found peace and will find peace in the next!"

Raising his hand to the carcass, vines wrapped around the body. The vines covered the body in a way that if they were alive it would feel like a bed. Andalish was obviously very concentrated as he constructed it. When he was finished he turned back to the group,"It don't matta who they are! They deserve proper send-off..."Andalish's voice was firm but a little shaky. Anybody would be able to tell he was affected by this, but Andalish wasn't scared just upset. The young man viewed death as a celebration of life and the end should be beautiful. Tossing a few seeds from his pockets, a bunch of flowers quickly grew slightly masking the smell.

"I agree with Amaris If I'm able to get my hands on a satpine, I'll be able to synthesize a sedative for them in the future. Let's move, but be on guard, as we are definitely at the front of the nest!"

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Beann Beann Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Maldarius | Haugr Forest - East | Yggdrasil

The camaraderie between the sisters made him wistful of his own familial. Though he had never quite gotten along with all his siblings, it did make him think of them seeing just how well Illaria and Esma got along together.

At Roy's warning however he was pulled from his movement to make a move on taking Minerva's magic. He hadn't quite expected the bluntness the blacksmith had put out before him at the prospect of being banned from quite literally many places at once for what he had taken, to be more of an obvious statement- he would need magic to fight, and so by stating he'd be taking it, consent or not given the fact they would be going into battle- he hadn't seen it as such a big deal.

Then again, this was just another reminder that he was outside the realms where his status mattered- and to most of these folk, his title as an Honorable, meant quite literally nothing- especially since he wasn't even here for any diplomatic purpose save his own personal reasons.

"Fair enough" Maldarius replied evenly with a nod. Then turned his attention back to Minerva. With her open offering for him to take from her though he didn't bother asking. All he said was "Thank you Min[/color]" and then focusing on her, he pulled.

For Minerva it was like being hit with a jolt of electricity. Maldarius took only a step in her direction and like a pipe had been bashed and the water behind a dam sent gushing out- he drew in the rush of magic like a sponge. Where the more he took the more he felt that dull nag and ache in his body fade.

In a lot of ways every time he did this it was like drinking the most exquisite of wines. Like grapes plucked from some divine vine had been expertly crushed to create the alcholic beverage that touched his lips.

He felt a surge- like heat rushing up his muscles that started from his arms then it spread across his entire body like fire, where the burn did not hurt but felt good and made him want more. Yet even as he imbibed in the magical energy Minerva had offered, he was mindful. The foreign twisted prince did not lose himself to the sensation in fact he was cautious of how much he took-- and only after several seconds had passed-- did he stop, with his eyes burning bright once they opened after he had finished drawing the life elixir from her.

"Ahhhh" he sighed, as if having just taken a long, large gulp- his hands balled into fists, muscles flexing, hair billowing once more where from when he'd began drinking- it had stopped- now wafted on nonexistent air freely. A cold frost exited his nose as he exhaled, grinning- then rolling his head around to relieve the rush of energy in his muscles so it did not make him conceited and do anything foolish.

"Thank you." He said in a much clearer voice than he had been speaking before. Where his tone had been slightly subdued due to their surroundings before, now it was a bit louder, and much more resonant.

He had taken enough- enough to replace the magic he had spent earlier and a pinch more to add to it. Minerva for her part might have felt the electric tingle fade now- how it affected her after he'd have to keep an eye on now though- it worked differently for everyone, some felt nothing, some felt stiff or sore- others went off a high- he wasn't sure exactly how it'd affect her in general. Or Esma for that matter now that he thought about it.

Clenching and unclenching his fingers, Maldar began stretching, now feeling a bit more energetic than he had when their trek had began.

"That means you will be a vital part of our work together" Maldar said to Roy. Esma's water magic might make his Fire magic less potent in effect but that would be little of concern if they played their cards right. Besides, if he had to- he'd just drain the land of what little it could offer him and switch tactics.

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: Uasal Uasal BriiAngelic BriiAngelic eeuphoria eeuphoria AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne

The trek had slowly progressed into a climb. He could feel his ankles straining as the incline angled further and further. He worried to himself that if it continued any further, he would soon be finding himself finding purchases on jutting rocks with his hands than he would be with his feet. His worries seemed to manifest almost immediately when they started to walk at the edge of a cliffside. Damn. He glanced behind him, then at the drop in front of them. Not a good place to be backed into.

“Sand preserve me,” Reza hissed under his breath when the horned girl told the group that she would be going forwards to scout the area out. “Hey, where the hell are you–?” he reached out to stop her, only to grasp at the air as she danced away into the night, her dainty form skipping across the cliff face. He couldn’t help but admire her agility. There was a certain breath-taking beauty to it. The form of an expert at her work was always one of his fascinations. Still, splitting up, while they were surrounded by Satpines? A foolish decision, in his opinion.

He groaned. “Guess we’re sticking around then. Prepare yourselves.” He hopped from one leg to the other, and stretched his arms out. Gotta warm up before the fight gets heated. Didn’t want to wake up tomorrow sore all over.

He heard her footsteps up above. He looked up, seeing only her slight silhouette in the dim light. “Hey! Scout! See anything?!”

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

• Haugr Forest; West Path
    April 2nd, 1000 PM at 7:00 PM

Players: Karv (@Mook-LandStrider ), Profaner ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit ), Nyx (@Phayne ), Reza ( simj26 simj26 )

Wailing was let out as the Satpines came closer. Their cries echoed becoming a calling to one another. From the treetops, the sound of a much larger beast than a Satpine could be heard. The shouts of another group could be heard from the opposite ends of the cliffs.

“WATCH OUT ITS TELEPORTING AGAIN!”

The sounds of blades crashing on bone could be heard as a monster reappeared in front of one of the other guild unit’s members slashing its claws forwards, nearly tearing into one of their eyes. The sword at its chest was holding it back just enough for the member to slip away with only a gash to the face.

Seen just before the other member it was clear that the monster was larger than even the largest member of the guild and had power behind its slashes from the sound of the impacts. From the view Profaner took she could see the bony figure had long weapon-like claws and talons with some form of flesh wing keeping the creature afloat.

IMG_8129.jpg

It was clear from this position that it wouldn’t be long before that fight would spill over closer to the Satpines nest. The beast was knocked back by another slice of the sword before it let out a wail that seemed to affect each of the members below as they began moving erratically.

On the opposite end, a hoard of Satpines all seemed to cluster up and prepare for an assault on the Gazers still on the cliffside. It would soon become a precarious fight if this number of them assaulted them on the unstable path, the battle would only become even worse if they were to find themselves drawing the attention of the beast taking on an entire squad on its own.

Though it seemed the time for deciding was coming to a close as the flock began jolting forwards swarming Karv, Reze, and Nyx with attacks made of wind. The beast on the opposite end seemed to flicker and appear in another section of the air before looking straight at Profaner from below, though it did not attack.

Soon a spear on a chain was launched into the air into the flesh of its wing as the team below fought to bring the creature down.

“GET OUT OF HERE AND RUN, DO YOUR DAMN JOB. IF IT GETS LOOSE IN YOUR AREA YOU’RE ALL DEAD.”

* Please be advised that the twisted can use Lightning, Spacial, Construct, or Vitality as they can eat this off their teammates
    * Please reference Beastiary for notes on the monster

• Haugr Forest; East Path
    April 2nd, 1000 PM at 7:00 PM

Players: Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Roland ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ), Mal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Illaria ( eeuphoria eeuphoria )

From the lake, bubbles began to burst on the surface as something stirred from below. Pieces of half rotten fish came bursting to the surface as if released from somewhere down below its depths. The smell only grew stronger as they came closer to the lakeside.

As they approached, the sound of the water shifting grew louder and louder until an entire hoard came bursting out from its depths. The numbers were clearly in the dozens as the hoard split in three distinct cohorts.

The first cohort seemed intent on separating the group as it scattered between them flapping about before shooting spines out of their skin before aiming bites at Esme while generally avoiding Ilaria and Mal. The second seemed to hone in Minerva trying to snatch at the sources of fire, aiming to plunder the lantern. The third cohort seemed to be fluttering around Roy as they worked to claw at the jewel of the hammer.

The swarm itself was loud and the wildlife of the area were quick to scatter and flitter deeper into the environment running from the now visible beasts that were doing their damned best to to bring in new prey.

* Please be advised that the twisted can use Spacial, Gravity, or Water as they can eat this off their teammates
    * Please be advised that your area specifically is not a dead zone, and it has an average amount of land magic to pull; We will note if this changes at any point

Profaner
cqc1.5.jpg
Profaner's skin bristled, as for a moment, her eyes locked with the winged beast below. Her blood surged, ferrying fresh, hot adrenaline through her body. She'd looked into the eyes of beast like this before, and both then and now, it set alight a spark of low, seething anger. Not at the beast itself, but instead what she saw reflected within those milky, white eyes.

Herself.

She bit back a snarl and forced her gaze awry. There was a time and place. This was not it. She'd been chided enough times by Roy during her time boarding for not knowing her when and where, she should know better, did know better. She chided herself in the blacksmith's place, and her anger bled away into a dull frustration. Her head jerked in the direction of the Satpines, trancing them as they bounded towards her squadmates with rabid abandon.

"Much! Watch yourselves, Satpines are incoming! Another beast is afoot! Aerial! Pale! Teleporting!" Profaner barked down the cliff, listing off as much about the situation as quickly and efficiently as she could. Her focus then narrowed on the Satpines, the ferocity of each bolstered by the ravenousness of each other. She knew a little about these beasts. Their strength came in numbers.

"Watch above, too! I am going to scatter them!" She called again, and then took a long, deep breath. Magic twisted through the air, up and out of her teammate, and then streaming into her body in invisible rivulets, though it would not remain there for long. As ever, she operated the magic half on instinct. Space rippled, and a scattering of random rocks, pebbles, and gravel flickered as the pale beast had prior, before they vanished from the face of the cliff.

The lot of it only jumped a short distance forward, but that was all Profaner needed to accomplish her goal. Beneath her, the cliff crumbled away, sending a tumbling wave of stone and gravel towards the Satpine horde, Profaner herself caught at the crest of the earthy tide.

Interacted: @Mook-LandStrider @Phayne simj26 simj26

Last edited:

• unknown.png

Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Mal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) Illaria ( eeuphoria eeuphoria )

~ East Path~
    Later Evening

Roy's CS File

Well fuck.

Roland’s mother always told him that the only battles he would have to fight were those that sought him out. Roy always thought it was more metaphorical, never quite this literal. But here he was, the target of a swarm of monster squirrels, bundles of teeth, claws, and spikes. As the Satpines got to the petty group of guild recruits, Roy had taken a stance with his torch in one hand, and hammer in the other. Trying to think of anything to help the others, Roland shouted in part hoping it would startle the beasts.

“DON’T LET THEM SEPARATE US!”

Roland was surrounded before the sentence was finished, and thanks to years of smithing, Roy had his fair share of accidentally cutting, hitting, and burning himself, so any immediate pain the swarm supplied wouldn’t be too bad for him. But Roy knew himself, if this went on for too long he might fold.

At present, the Blacksmith kept his hammer moving, with the satpines after the magic crystal within it, they’d never be too far from the hammerhead. Even so, Roy was jabbing with the torch in his other hand, hoping the heat and burn of the flaming stick would spook the demon squirrels away.

1673195105642.png

Minerva Morningdew
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa eeuphoria eeuphoria

Minerva's ears twitched at the sound of water crashing, her nose wrinkling then in response to the putrid stench freed from the depths. Turning Imidiatly toward the lake Minerva was quick to pull the oil lamp closer, her own lamp didn't have the 'oomph' she would need to target the nest. But then again, why had the Satpines come from beneath the lake's surface!? They weren't supposed to nest underwater! This had to be the hunting party, like worker bees to a hive, or gatherer ants to a nest! Right! Right! Surely! Fae wing and water did not mix, the nest had to be close by!

As the satpines launched their attack Minervan took a step back and waved her new lamp around to draw attention to herself. Something that seemingly went quite well considering a whole third of the critters decided to target her. Pulling them back and behind the others, Minerva lead them some feet back behind the others before speaking on the matter "They're in a frenzy. Tire them out if you must but stay where I can see you! Once they brake and slow, hit them with all you've got! I'll support you all as needed! If any move to flee, take note of the direction!"

Raising the torch high in the air above her head Minerva threw it forward, using it as a lure for the Satpine attacking her. The item went hurtling through the air and just before it came to crash into the ground the item vanished through a portal. Re appearing In Minerva's hand. Those satpines that attempted to chase it, would now find themselves under an intense wave of pressure. Gravity twisted and pressed down on the small area with the same force as a stern stomp. "Gross, just die already!". And again the impact would land a second time.​

Northeast Path
Players: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean BFabulous BFabulous

No more warning.

Suddenly, Satpines were falling from the tall canopy and upon the group, and swiftly.

As the monsters fell, they released their torturous spikes from their bodies, made quicker, stronger, by their buffets of wind and their momentum towards the ground.

If only they had looked up when the body fell, they might have noticed the Satpines crawling down the trunks thanks to Nettuno’s lights.

Angelica Klon
Northwest Path
Players: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik Lost Echo Lost Echo The Prophet The Prophet AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

In the distance, there was a rather loud roar that permeated through the forest somewhere from the Southwest direction. Must be some of the larger monsters their officers warned them about.

Angelica growled and punched a couple Satpines that got too close to herself and the group, the claws of her weapon slicing through a few of them. Soleil’s whirlwind shuffled the rest of the group, throwing their balance off in mid-flight, allowing them to be easier dispatched.

“We should keep moving as we fight. There’s so many that we need to find their nest. If we can destroy that, maybe it’ll make them run away.”

Angelica swept to the other side of their group to stop some spines from flying at Emmi. The spines clinked off the metal, though one did embed into her arm. The adrenaline coursing through her veins kept it from being noticed for now.

“Are we going then?!”

Emmi Sapphire
5de94d79c868529812dac90fb755047f.jpg

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Lost Echo Lost Echo The Prophet The Prophet AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Emmi would lift her axe out of the ground and strike the nearest Satpine to her left slicing it in half with her oversize weapon. She would watch as the newly made corps would to the ground and bleed out, forming more little ideas in her head. ooh maybe I could make like an edgy line of jewelry based on Satpine body I wonder how well that would sell, I might end up chasing a few customers out of the store with that idea. While she was once again deep in thought Angelica would run right by her cutting down three Satpine would have hit her had she not been saved.
"Hmm?
" Emmi would glance over at Angelica.
"Oh think you, Angel! Ya, let's get going!"
Emmi would lift her Axe once more and start running off into the area where the sound is coming from. She would then do large baseball bat-like swings while running cutting down about five or seven that jumped out at her as she ran.
"Come on the nest isn't going to destroy itself!"

razul.png

Scene 5: Onward!
Synopsis:
Razul Dazzle finally begins the exam, cutting through Satpines like the expert, princely hero he is!
Additional Cast: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt Lost Echo Lost Echo Pik Pik The Prophet The Prophet

razul.png
As the terrain changed, so did Razul's demeanor. As much as he would have liked to keep distancing himself from that man, it seemed the more important matter of the exam was now upon them—he could not help the eager grin that escaped his countenance. This was what he was training for; gripping his ornate sword hilt, fingers writhing at the prospect of use. Even she could be a hero... "I'll make sure you get out of this unscathed, Yuria," he remarked with a smirk.

Razul nodded to Sol's plan, holding his hairpiece in place as she took off. Instinctively, he walked in front of the group as well as Lule, with his arm ahead. "Stay behind me, my lady. I shall—!"

“RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. YOU BETTER RUN SATPINES.”

Razul flinched. He blinked frozen at her in the passing seconds; was that? She was? She did? A lady yelled like that? Preposterous! What would Father think? What would... Why does he say that they...

Before he knew it, the rest of the party charged ahead, leaving the prince in the dust. "Dearie me..." A softer voice in disbelief, contrary to Razul's typical merriness, carried the two words. Regardless, he could not stand there dumbly. The Satpines were on their way, and the leading prince was never at the back. Unsheathing his sword elegantly in the wind, Razul followed suit.

At the first Satpine, a singular swing cut through it like butter. As though the blade danced at his fingertips, Razul thrust and swung the sword with relative ease, eyes half-shut in deep focus. He fought at Lule's side, keeping one spot in check that she didn't have to worry about.

Angelica's words came in the mental silence Razul surrounded himself in. "Allow me," he spoke matter-of-factly. In the next moment, Razul slid forward with a wide strike of his blade, sending multiple Satpines backward and giving the party not only a chance to breathe, but an opening to push forward the stunned monsters. Emmi had the same idea, pushing forward with much more destructive force and energy.

Razul ran up, following beside her. He similarly swung his blade, cutting through emerging Satpines and leaving their bodies as a trail.

Last edited:

Maldarius | Haugr Forest - East | Yggdrasil

As expected, just like before, the Satpines paid him and his Twisted counterpart no mind. The surge went by them and instead went straight for the others. If he were a coward, he would've hanged back- picked his battle wisely here and let the others do most of the work here-- but the idea of that was quite frankly downright pathetic. And the urge to attack these abominations in which his kind was so often linked to became so great he nearly attacked then and there-- that was until he noticed just what exactly they were targetting.

The sources of light and Roy's own gem. But why?

Were they trying to drown them in absolute darkness? He had to wander if they were intelligent enough to do realize the disadvantage it'd put their allies in there, but seeing some of the Satpines go after the lantern that Minerva held in her hand it made him wonder if they were partially drawn to the light because it was a detriment to them. Sure, seeing them burst out of the river had been particularly peculiar, not even he had expected that, but the fact they'd splintered off into three groups to attack them was something he took note of.

Maybe if I?

"I'm going to try something!" He yelled out to the others-- pointing his right index finger up in the air like he was making a declaration to the very stars, Maldar focused his magic into a simple tiny ball that swelled rapidly in the span of a second into a beach ball only for it to collapse into the size of a baseball-- then with a crack and bang, it fired into the air- still under his control, arcing into the center of their battlefield and with a series of pops and sparks as it flew like a firework-- it expanded into a miniature sun that shed light on the whole area.

He felt a wave of soreness hit the right side of his body from how rapidly he had created that ball, but that ball was only one part of one complex spell. If he wanted to- he could detonate it like a barrage of arrows and rain firey-fury down upon any one of the three cohorts of his choice if he desired-- provided of course he didn't lose concentration and the spell didn't collapse in on itself like an actual firework before he could do it of course.

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: Uasal Uasal BriiAngelic BriiAngelic eeuphoria eeuphoria AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back