• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Minerva was impossible to miss. Even if the flare of magic from the officer hadn’t caught her attention, the chaotic fairy made sure everyone saw her. While a part of Soleil wondered if there was a fifth nest they’d need to clear, the rest was awed by her audacity. The geniekind just prepositioned (Soleil took a moment to be thankful that wasn’t literal) an officer to join them in a quest they’d already admitted was insultingly easy for them. Then she eased the insult by changing the invite to come and laugh at their troubles. Or more likely, the chaos Minerva was sure to stir up…which was likely to be entertaining. Her ability to absolutely destroy the box that most others thought in was her greatest strength. Soleil was always amazed at how she ended, proud of the new reality she created.

She returned her attention to Razul, keeping the smile that had grown from the fairy’s antics. He’d stepped between her and the princess, she shook her feathers to dispel the irritation that caused. It was an irrational impulse anyway, the desire to stay near Luljeta. The were-sheep had flown from the nest, way back when they’d left the island. To try to ground her would be like clipping one’s wings. She could trust the princess to maintain her safety, and she’d gone beyond that, working outside the guild at the Red Palace. Still, there was just the fear of something happening always tingling in the back of her head whenever the princess was out of sight. It was as if she was a mother hen who hadn’t realized her chicks had flown the coop. She knew it would make no difference here, so allowed all of her focus to lie on the sparkling man. “I’d expect their main requirement would be efficiency.” Beyond that, she doubted they cared. They did not seem the type to support each chick in their tailwind. More the type to push them out of the nest and let them figure out how to get back up on their own.

She glanced between her peers, nine gathered around the princess. Three, including Minerva were without a scroll, though if the officer actually joined that would be redundant. In the back, Karv towered over Nyx and Profaner, with only three as well. It seemed only one of the groups had some balance, Amaris’s. They lacked a twisted, but with only two in the class, that was expected. As Yuria praised the princess, Soleil agreed adding, “How would you divide us up Luljeta?” She was still her princess: she would follow her directions.

Lady Angelica Klon
Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa The Prophet The Prophet Pik Pik Lost Echo Lost Echo

316C54BB-C9E9-4899-8B5F-F32A87B3CFFC.jpegAngelica had caught Luljeta’s introduction. A princess was no big deal for her.

Luljeta said:
Well, uh… are you guys Creators or Shapers… or Twisted? Oh but… yes? But we should probably be careful to balance right?

Angelica smiled, revealing sharp canines as her oval ears twitched, “I’m a Creator, Were with Vitality.” For emphasis, she clenched her fists and hit the air a couple times. “Lady Angelica Klon, daughter to Duchess Serene Klon of Ciuma.

She wasn’t going to provide an introduction for Emmi, she assumed the gnome woman would speak up for herself.

As she did so, she noticed Yuria, ignoring the sparkly Razul’s disgusting display towards Luljeta. “Oh, hey, Yuria. I appreciate that! I’ll certainly be partaking tonight before we set out tomorrow. Feel free to join me.” Her eyes wandered to the group, “Anyone within our group tonight can join me. It’ll be a good way to get to know each other before we fight side by side.

Angelica glimpsed over at the random fangirls of Razul’s and offered a sarcastic smile accompanied by a little crinkle of her nose.

Soliel said:
If I may, the scrolls are likely for a nest each. It might be best to balance ourselves between the two. Unless the officers would permit us to clear out both. One after the other.

Angelica looked over at the man with the harem of girls that followed him around like lovesick puppies. A smirk flashed across her lips. “I think you’re right,” she purred, “Maybe him and his entourage can make up their own group. We got the rest~

Soleil said:
How would you divide us up Luljeta?

The weretigress glanced over at the feathered beauty that was the Phoenix before looking back at Luljeta, trying to keep the excitement from sparkling in her eyes.

"Well if my short size hasn't gave it away yet I'm a Gnome meaning I'm a shaper." She would let out short yawn after answering the question as her baggy eyes started to open and close once more from earlier the only thing keeping her awake at this point is this point is the screaming of the girls behind the blue haired guy such a noisy group would they be any help. "Angle are you sure this the group you want to use that blue haired buy and his um stalkers are so noisy." Emmi would then slump down and lay up against Angelica's leg looking like she was about to fall asleep again. She would come back too upon hearing her name Emmi would glance up at the black haired man what was that Honjozo, Honjozo, Honjozo ah that's right that one guy who sent a bunch of people to buy jewelry from her in bulk. It was then as if a metaphorical hammer bonked her on the head changing her energy level from sleepy to business mode. "Oh of course id remember you, your order kept me busy for quite some time of course your more then welcome to commission me again perhaps we can talk about it later over a nice meal. But first back on the topic on hand I for one think a big strike group would be very effective we would get the job done twice as fast if we all work together isn't that right Angelica?" She would look at her and watch as her eyes began to sparkle at the phoenix girl sigh another one for her lust full desires

tldr
capture satpines?
Kiba Ayame

There was something about Amaris’ enthusiasm that reminded her of home. It made her recall their time spent by the coast, not having to act so formally in a foreign country. He and Nettuno made her feel more relaxed — on top of the winterstem. The three would be a solid team with good synergy but it wouldn’t hurt to search for a fourth. Just as Ayame turned her head to survey the rest of the new graduates, she caught a glimpse of Nettuno leaving the ground.

Her eyes turned upward, having to tilt her head slightly to find Vega’s face. Not only did his height make him stand out but his mysterious origin as well. He seemed friendly enough though as she looked between him and Nettuno who was resting on his shoulder. The size difference was comparable to a father and a son. “Hello Vega,” she returned the greeting, dipping her head slightly.

Ayame looked back at Amaris as he explained the contents of the scroll. She gently took the scroll when offered, reading it over herself. Amaris wasn’t wrong — everything that was written had already been covered by the Senior Officers. It would serve as a general reminder if anything but their mission sounded pretty simple as is. Rolling up the parchment, she handed the scroll back to Amaris before returning her attention back to Vega.

She didn’t mind the friendly giant joining their team but she was still uncertain what his skills were. Given her relationship with Amaris and Nettuno, she already knew what those two were capable of but Vega was still a mystery and a half. She’d be lying if she wasn’t a least a little bit curious to find out though. Ayame’s lips curled into a small smile, indicating that she had no qualms about Vega joining their team.

Her smile was shortlived though as it was replaced with concern at Amaris’ suggestion. “You want to capture one?” Ayame’s gaze shifted over to the officers for a moment before back to her friend. “Are we allowed to?”
coded by natasha.

• 46edcd0fc51822f96e65109dc1e2b891.jpg

Interacting With/Mentions:
    Razul ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Yuria ( The Prophet The Prophet ), Angelica ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Emmi ( Pik Pik ) Sol ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )

~ The Guild's Training Feild~
    ~ Midday || ~12pm ~

Jumpstarted || Lule's CS File

A Were and an Elvish huh? They even themselves out nicely. She knew Razul and Yuria were Human so that made… Two Humans, Two Weres and a Elvish. That wouldn’t be a a bad set up. She was fairly certain Razul’s lady friends were more entourage than planning to fight after all.

"My greatest apologies, Your esteemed Highness. I failed to realize the face of a royal princess! How inadequate of myself... I hope you can forgive me. I would never have thought to meet you here, but I suppose we all have our circumstances..."

Oh, well there goes any chance at staying anonymous. She darted her head back and forth in a no gesture. Even with Razul praising her abilities she didn’t really want that coming back around, bad enough Sol had to play babysitter for her.

“If I may, the scrolls are likely for a nest each. It might be best to balance ourselves between the two. Unless the officers would permit us to clear out both. One after the other.”

She could shout thanks to Sol for taking the light off her status and hug her to her chest if it were less mixed company. Even better it seemed Ciuman royalty had joined them as well. She didn’t want anyone able to brush off her efforts as inherit.

“The scroll only seems to be a generalized mission debrief though. It just mentions all meeting up at the forest’s outskirts at dusk tomorrow. Either we need to find the nests ourselves or there’s more they’ll tell us tomorrow.”

"Well, I'll be! Yet another angel falls from the skies to grace us in her loving presence. I admit, your words hold truth. Who knows how the officers plan to divide their students for the exam? We should take consideration into what our numbers may or may not be."

“If they were planning to divide us themselves wouldn’t they have spoken up against it?”

No sooner than she said the words did she notice the Branch leader glance from his conversation with their new training officer. He seemed to end the conversation as he turned on his heel making a sign to Hanuel. Uh-oh had they done something wrong?

“I’d expect their main requirement would be efficiency.”

“Would it be more efficient to work in a team and prioritze not letting any get away… or split and focus on speed?”

"But first back on the topic on hand I for one think a big strike group would be very effective we would get the job done twice as fast if we all work together isn't that right Angelica?"

"As much as I would like to go charging as this one large group, balance it probably somewhat important....Razul, Are your...friends? Coming along? Luljeta wants you along, but i don't think we're alowed such an entourage even if you also took a scroll. Which, if you plan on joining us, is rather redundant. The idea of a strike force is good, however. Good job, Lule."

“How would you divide us up Luljeta?”

The varying ideas seemed to having a battle royale in her head. She was fairly certain this mashup of a team would be seen from miles away at best. She didn’t want to be responsable for the first screw up in all of their careers as Gazers. How did she even get stuck with this?

“I- I dunno. I mean there’s a lot of us and…. Emmi’s not wrong some of us are just too loud.”

She looked down at the scroll in her hands once more. A shadow passed over the scroll and she jumped as the branch leader was suddenly behind her.

“EEEEEEEEEEEP”

SO FAST.

Last edited:

• IMG_6778.jpg

Tags:
    Razul ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Yuria ( The Prophet The Prophet ), Angelica ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Emmi ( Pik Pik ) Sol ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )

~ The Guild's Training Feild ~
    City of Commerce || Yun-Seo's Lore

He was quick to end his conversation with Sang as the troublemakers began trying to worm their way into a group. He had hoped not to have to do this public but if they wanted to create a large group they better address it right away. With a quick sign he motioned for Hanuel to wrap up her conversation and come handle her problem students.

He glided over to the group not even noticing the vitality magic leaking into his speed as he approached the group causing few to be able to follow his movements. He stood slightly behind the one reading the scroll to be directly in the targets’ lines of sight.

“Don’t worry about that.”

He saw Luljeta spin around in fright. He did his best to school his face into a more neutral expression but wound up showing displeasure instead at the problem quartet. One by one he pointed to them as he spoke.

“Adeline, Bina, Clara, Daisy. All of you just barely passed your exams, you’re being paired with Hanuel for a remedial level of this mission. You won’t be allowed to join any other teams that may be made.”

He crossed his arms over his chest before letting out a sigh and continuing. This was a perfect opportunity to bring to their attention what they should be focused on, their jobs. Whatever little popularity club was happening here needed to be nipped in the bud.

“Additionally, the only real requirement to the teams is that you get the job done. Whether you wish to create ideal teams or hinder yourself with imbalance is all up to you. All four nests will need to be taken out before dusk becomes dawn. Additional requirements may be added as information gets updated. Never expect a mission to stay stagnant, you need to be ready to improve on the fly. This mission isn't the most dangerous, but it will be a great starting point to hone your skills and get a feel for what we do.”

Last edited:
Profaner
cqc1.5.jpg
Profaner regarded the pair of Mētztli warriors with a silent, wide-eyed recognition. The larger or the two, ironically, had not made much of an impression on her, but Nyx, him she remembered.

"I will do my best." Nyx's implications hadn't been subtle, and she answered them plainly. It was true, after all. The smaller Mētztli made no more of a secret of his reservations about her kind than anybody in her tribe had, and she expected no less of him. If their positions were reversed, she doubted that she would've treated him any differently.

"For the both of you." Profaner expanded her address to Karv, too. Her hand, still clutching the sandwich, returned to her side. She wasn't quite so oblivious to start cramming it back down her throat in the middle of a conversation. She listened along intently as Karv already started to spin a plan of action, and felt an immediate wave of relief. She'd have somebody to listen to, and orders to follow. She was hardly unable to act with independence, but being able to act on the advice of somebody more capable was comforting, to say the least.

That, and it reminded her of home.

"I am not talented at much, but fighting beasts... And doing as instructed, that much I can do. I can not offer much of my own as far as magic or tricks are concerned, but with creatures such as these, if you point me at them, I am confident I can kill them. So to say..." She shuffled on her feet, mindlessly. Talking this much made her uncomfortable. "Do with me as you will. Whatever is best for the mission. I will not mind."

Interacted: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Phayne Phayne

VEGA
𓆩❀𓆪
Vega inclined his head in mild bemusement. He didn't understand why the others were inviting him to join their party when he'd already just invited the three of them to join his. Shaking it off and taking it in stride, as he took all things, the Pariman said with a snort, "Ha! A'course! S'why I came over to you three in th' first order."

Then when it came to matters of capturing or vanquishing the ratpines... Sapvines? Nap... Times..? Vega didn't much care. Nor did he find himself looking forward to the hunt that now lay before them. From all accounts, these creatures were mere vermin, barely worth slaughter. They were certainly not worth making a trophy out of... That was what the fishman intended to say, yes? Vega hadn't the foggiest clue what the small man had meant by study. He knew the word, knew it to mean: to learn, but he did not register what there was to learn from monsters... Unless it was how better to kill them. And even so, was it not more glorious to work out the best manner of achieving victory on the field of battle? Rather than in some stuffy, low-ceilinged lab.

In a low voice—which in truth was not very low at all—Vega muttered to the small one on his shoulder.

"What say ya in all a' this? N'..." Vega paused and sniffed the air before he went on, "Say, y've got a curious smell to ya'. S'makin' me hungry. Oi! What says ye we go n' get some food! Nuff talkin' 'bout these rat bastards."

The cat-ate-the-canary smirk felt a tad too accurate a description for weretigress’s lips. Her words of agreement were spoken with a purr, making Soleil feel like Angelica was wondering what she tasted like. In a way far more entertaining than food. But with her feathers newly grown in, the phoenix couldn’t resist showing off. She turned slightly, pulling her feathered arm across her chest. A blaze of fire skated across her wings as she caught the sunlight. Though she hoped to connect with the Duchess’s daughter on more suitable topics, she could not deny she liked her attention on her.

Soleil’s own was pulled from the tigress’s by her sleepy companion. The jeweler, whose exquisite work she recognized on Angelica’s person, followed her suggestion about Razul’s retinue, with an apt point. Although all four seemed to have mastered teamwork within rivalry, they did not apply it to actual fighting. Beyond each other. How their drive to impress him managed to be enough to pass the training, she did not know. Still, they squealed like a gull impersonating a hawk. She lacked much experience with satpines, but she felt confident in assuming they’d flee like vermin if they were noisy. At least before they could sense their magic. Their group would likely be swarmed once they did.

The princess seemed to hesitate in her leadership role, even after having chosen to catch a scroll. She seemed unable to separate the suggestions that had grown in the discussion, even to focus on her own, wise decision for a strike force. Soleil worried her desire to be well-liked was hindering her ideas. She went to speak when suddenly there was movement behind the princess. Fire flared at her wings and fingers as she moved to support Luljeta before forcing herself to stop when she recognized the officer. It was not an attack; he was not even there to address the princess. Instead, he separated the four from the rest of them, pairing them with another officer. Soleil frowned: why had they passed the quartet if they did not have confidence in their skills?

Yun-seo regained her attention, summarizing the task ahead of them. They would succeed or fail as one. As it should be. They would need to be aware of their fellow classmates, to provide aid if needed. She thought of her own role in a group. While her magic was strong, she could probably function as a scout in lieu of a twisted. Flying above the trees would give her a vantage point of the nests, and she was agile enough above the treeline to avoid the spines shot at her. Otherwise, her wind could redirect the spines and her fire burn them. Though she would have to be careful of the latter.

Finally, she spoke, “A strike force is best with a scout, a shaper, a defender, and a genie. While I am the latter, I believe as we are limited in the twisted, I can be a scout. If we invite the trio over, we can likely split into two balanced teams, though a shaper may wish to join Mr. Corvax’s to complete his.” Soleil did not know who would function as a scout for Amaris’s team but felt confident in her classmates' skills. Surely if any others were lacking, they would also be joining Officer Hanuel’s team.

The sun peeked through the shades as snoring accompanied a paper lifting and falling in rhythm. Andalish was dead to the world along with his comatose father, Grindis. The young man spent a lot of time in his lab and with his father attempting to find a cure which led to him falling asleep anywhere. Andalish wouldn't admit it but his lack of immediate access to herbs made him lose a tad bit of hope. Joining the Gaze Guild felt like the only option he had, although the thirst for adventure might be a genetic trait he got from his mother.

"Arn't ya gonna be late Sugar Horn!" The sweet but booming voice of his godmother startled him awake, causing him to scramble to his feet. She glided over and wiped the drool from his mouth,"Mmm, I can tell the sleep was good!" Lapis chuckled while combing her fingers through Andalish's hair and past his horns. Instantly a wave of calm and security spread across his body and for a second he was reminded of his mom. Smiling, the young man embraced his godmother and turned to grab his coat,"MMhmmm....Can I go back to sleep?" The young man chuckled as he grabbed his coat.

"NO! Now, HURRY UP! To be on time is to be early!"
"And, to be on time is to be late, and if you are late you might as well don't show up." Andalish grumbled as he rolled his eyes, but he was quickly met with a smack in the back of his head.
"Roll'em again and we'll see how far they travel.'
"Yes ma'am....Sorry. Love you, bye." Andalish slightly bowed as he began to climb out the window, but before he could jump Lapis grabbed him.
"Boy, what are you doing!?" Lapis was used to Andalish and Jarrah's shenanigans but every once in a while she has to ask.
"Uh....Me and Jarrah made a bet....And I lost....So....I'm sneaking out...."
"..."
"..."
"..."
"....Bye!"

During the meeting, Andalish stuck to the back of the building, since he was on the taller side, but also because he preferred not to draw too much attention to himself. A few introductions here. A few introductions there, and the meeting was over & they had been assigned their first mission. During classes, he had remained mostly to himself, but naturally, others had made friends and were already grouping up,"Well...I don't wanna make this harder on myself...." Andalish pondered for a second before a merman caught his attention. The young man wanted to capture a satpine for research and that wasn't such a bad idea,"Excuse me!?" Andalish chirped as he leisurely made his way over to the group,"I heard you mention capturing a satpine for research. Would it be alright if I joined y'all?"

Interacted: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Beann Beann Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

full

4d3d709bdd8b1988f02edef04cba451b.png

Interacts: Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider + The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
Glancing towards the far larger compatriot that was Karv, Nyx would for a few moments recall that uneventful hunt many years ago; the Oni remembering how it had been his own mistake that had caused their hunt to end up being rather lacklustre. A wry smile would etch itself across his face as he allowed himself to reminisce; the trickle of nostalgia's touch embedding itself within his mind as he slowly closed his eyes and recalled a day long since passed.
Still in the early days of defining his own style of combat, it had been an amalgamation of his own inexperience as well as a youthful attempt to impress the warrior Karv -whom had been lauded as a 'sure-in' to win the festival competition- that had caused Nyx to act rashly. Seeking to flex his spatial affinity; Nyx in his hurry had made their target aware of their presence, ruining the ambush and thus leaving them both red-faced as they returned empty handed.

"Brother Karv" replied Nyx, holding a hand over his heart as he bowed slightly. Despite the circumstances surrounding Karv and their tribe, it was still customary for Nyx to show the afforded respect towards his elder fellow tribesman, as well as someone that he had at a time, looked up to. "It appears Mother Nesshin has given us an opportunity to rectify that... Unlike the last time, I have mastered the art of patience" he continued, affording another wry smile towards the werebear.

Turning to face Profaner as she replied, Nyx returned a nod of his own; accepting her commitment to their upcoming mission as well as the formation of their group. So long as she traversed a path that included the elimination of the monster scourge, Nyx would treat her as he would any other that shared that goal. Satisfied that he could trust both Karv and Profaner, Nyx would remain silent for the next few moments, listening attentively as Karv began to voice a plan of action. Given what he remembered of Karv prior to his exile, it would seem that he be the final executioner of the Saltpine vermin. A reasonable plan that optimized each of their own skill sets. While he couldn't speak on behalf of Profaner outside of her own admission of what she was capable of, Nyx was without a doubt confident in his own mobility and agility to herd the vermin into the trap.

"A sound plan" replied Nyx, attention towards Karv before turning towards Profaner. Her unease was not lossed on Nyx; hazel eyes glancing down towards her feet as she shuffled upon her spot. From the stories he had just happened to overhear during the times the Turr-Rhaga had come to the Metzli, he was certain that she was highly capable in combat, if not fearsome considering some of the brutal depictions of her fighting style back then. "I have no doubt that a proud warrior of the Turr-Rhaga will prove to be invaluable in our fight to quell the monsters" spoke Nyx, in a rushed attempt to try and quell what he had assumed to be the cause of her unease.

8z65e7h7hng61.jpg

full

unknown.png
Amaris Evenwood

Well, this was unfortunate. Some of the companions Amaris was looking forward to working with seemed apprehensive about his idea. That was perhaps not surprising. He had enough self-awareness to know it was a rather unconventional suggestion.

"Capture a Satpine!" Amaris confirmed to the smaller man riding a top of the titan's shoulder with an eager grin. "Think about how much we can learn! We can only observe them for minutes in combat, but if we capture one and take it back to the lab... I can't even imagine all of the opportunities!"

He then turned to Ayame, considering what she said before looking at the scroll once again. "Well... there isn't anything that specifically says we can't capture one," he responded with a smirk. Sometimes smart and smart ass weren't exactly unrelated.

As if sent over by the scientific gods, Andalish strolled over just in time. "Andalish! Of course!" Amaris greeted and welcomed the other, thrilled to have someone onboard with his plan. He would have tried even if he was on his own, but two would certainly make things easier. If he could increase those numbers though, that would only increase their ease an efficiency. And hell, maybe they could capture more than one Satpine. Having multiple specimens was certainly important.

"If you all help, you would all be considered assistants to field research," Amaris said to the rest of group, "and Julia doesn't let any work done for her go uncompensated!" Hell, even if she did, he'd find a way to pay them back if they helped. Knowledge and discovery was its own reward to Amaris, but he would at least show the group gratitude by buying them dinner or something.

Interactions: Nettuno ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Ayame ( Beann Beann ), Vega ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Andalish ( BFabulous BFabulous )

• Screenshot 2022-10-23 125617.png

Maldarius ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ),

Nearby:
    Roland ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne )

~ Midday || ~12pm ~

Come and Get Your Love || Hanuel's Info

A hand was quick to cover her mouth as her cheeks quickly puffed up like the woman was holding in a gut-bursting laugh. Before long the laugh exploded outwards.

“Pffffffffffffffttttttttttttt. YOU GOT MOXIE KID. I like that, really I do.”

She twirled around the girl looking her up and down. Cutie, Minera. Another Genie? Yup that is what the files said. She smacked her hands together while facing the trio before her. She pulled another scroll from her drum-like bag with a weak snap of the wrist she tossed it to Minerva.

“Now there was a correct answer and that was either How are we supposed to complete a mission without a reference or a We need to prepare or hell even though this would be a wrong one sending you back with me and the soon to be remedial course a I don’t want to team with X would have worked too.”

With each new phrase, she put air quotes to the air and struck some extra dramatic body gestures to flair her words. At one point it seemed the ends of her hair set alight with the final phrase.

“Now all of you are intensely interesting. Didja plan to ask any other wild questions then?”

Esma Sylvaine
Ilaria Sylvaine
tags
Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) / Ilaria waved at Yuria ( The Prophet The Prophet ) & Luljeta ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) before speaking with Hanuel / Esma waved to Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Maldarius ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), and Roland ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ) before speaking to Maldarius believing he's a guild official, instead of Hanuel

Feathered ears twitched as drowsy stormy, pale indigo hues blinked open. Rolling over, she yawned into her arm as she blinked groggily, still waking up. As the rest of her body woke up, Ilaria drowsily stared at the clock. Closing her eyes again, she rolled over and began to doze again.

“Ilaria!” A voice drawing out her name bounced through. Footsteps came nearer and nearer; Esma poked her head in, pouting. “Ilaria…!” She shouted in a whisper, walking over to her sister to kneel over. She gave a light shake to the sleepy twisted. “Today is exam day…!”

Ilaria’s brows furrowed as she blinked her eyes open, drowsily staring at her sister in confusion before her hues widened. “Wahh!~ We’re late!” She squealed, sitting up and falling off the bed with a squeak, large dark-hued wings splayed all over the floor.

Esma was already at her side, helping to tuck her sister’s wings in. “Don’t worry!” she said with a notable lack of urgency. “As long as we show up during the test, I’m sure we’ll still be qualified!” She stepped over to help Ilaria onto her feet. “You know, I was out picking flowers when I remembered it was today!” Esma motioned to the flower crown on her head.

“Are you sure it’ll be fine?” She murmured as she peered up at Esma with a single visible hue as she brushed down her hair with a hand. “Oh! The crown looks so pretty!” Ilaria commented once she focused on the beautifully woven accessory. “Though we should probably get going, shouldn’t we?” The small twisted inquired softly, tilting her head as she looked up at her slightly taller sister.
“It is very pretty! I was thinking I would make one for you until I remembered—” Esma’s hand went to her mouth, quieting herself. “We should get going, huh?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the two performers were ready, they quickly arrived at the guild via flight. Ducking behind her sister, Ilaria looked at the gathering of people, fidgeting in place as she peered at them. "Ah... Where do we go?" She murmured lightly, tucking her wings close to her back.

Esma, on the other hand, was brimming with excitement. “Uwah! There’s so many people!” she remarked, turning left and right at each passing person. Things had clearly set off a while ago, but it seemed that everyone but them was present to hear… Esma took her sister’s hand with an easygoing smile. “When in doubt…” she set off amid the crowds, gaze darting between many of the groups before settling on one in particular, “we let our hearts guide us!”

She stopped abruptly in front of the group surrounding Hanuel, shouting the last sentence freely as she did so. “Hello, everyone!” Esma waved to each individual, carrying a smile so wide and jovial that her teeth reflected the sunlight, and her eyes essentially sparkled simultaneously. Holding Ilaria’s hand gently behind.

If Esma’s heart told her anything, it was that a very dependable Guild officer was in the vicinity. And with that, it meant much-needed assistance! So she waltzed over to who looked like the most dependable in the group: Maldarius. “Excuse me, Mr. Guild Officer! We came in just a teensy, eensy, little bit late. May we burden you the task of helping us catch up?”

Following behind her sister, Ilaria took a moment to observe all the faces and lifted a hand to wave at Yuria and Luljeta from where they were gathered in another group. Catching up to her sister, she shrunk back with her ears flopping back. "We're sorry." She murmured quietly after her sister mentioned their tardiness, though fell quiet soon after.
code by @Nano

Esma Sylvaine
Ilaria Sylvaine
tags
Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) / Ilaria waved at Yuria ( The Prophet The Prophet ) & Luljeta ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) before speaking with Hanuel / Esma waved to Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Maldarius ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), and Roland ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ) before speaking to Maldarius believing he's a guild official, instead of Hanuel

Feathered ears twitched as drowsy stormy, pale indigo hues blinked open. Rolling over, she yawned into her arm as she blinked groggily, still waking up. As the rest of her body woke up, Ilaria drowsily stared at the clock. Closing her eyes again, she rolled over and began to doze again.

“Ilaria!” A voice drawing out her name bounced through. Footsteps came nearer and nearer; Esma poked her head in, pouting. “Ilaria…!” She shouted in a whisper, walking over to her sister to kneel over. She gave a light shake to the sleepy twisted. “Today is exam day…!”

Ilaria’s brows furrowed as she blinked her eyes open, drowsily staring at her sister in confusion before her hues widened. “Wahh!~ We’re late!” She squealed, sitting up and falling off the bed with a squeak, large dark-hued wings splayed all over the floor.

Esma was already at her side, helping to tuck her sister’s wings in. “Don’t worry!” she said with a notable lack of urgency. “As long as we show up during the test, I’m sure we’ll still be qualified!” She stepped over to help Ilaria onto her feet. “You know, I was out picking flowers when I remembered it was today!” Esma motioned to the flower crown on her head.

“Are you sure it’ll be fine?” She murmured as she peered up at Esma with a single visible hue as she brushed down her hair with a hand. “Oh! The crown looks so pretty!” Ilaria commented once she focused on the beautifully woven accessory. “Though we should probably get going, shouldn’t we?” The small twisted inquired softly, tilting her head as she looked up at her slightly taller sister.
“It is very pretty! I was thinking I would make one for you until I remembered—” Esma’s hand went to her mouth, quieting herself. “We should get going, huh?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the two performers were ready, they quickly arrived at the guild via flight. Ducking behind her sister, Ilaria looked at the gathering of people, fidgeting in place as she peered at them. "Ah... Where do we go?" She murmured lightly, tucking her wings close to her back.

Esma, on the other hand, was brimming with excitement. “Uwah! There’s so many people!” she remarked, turning left and right at each passing person. Things had clearly set off a while ago, but it seemed that everyone but them was present to hear… Esma took her sister’s hand with an easygoing smile. “When in doubt…” she set off amid the crowds, gaze darting between many of the groups before settling on one in particular, “we let our hearts guide us!”

She stopped abruptly in front of the group surrounding Hanuel, shouting the last sentence freely as she did so. “Hello, everyone!” Esma waved to each individual, carrying a smile so wide and jovial that her teeth reflected the sunlight, and her eyes essentially sparkled simultaneously. Holding Ilaria’s hand gently behind.

If Esma’s heart told her anything, it was that a very dependable Guild officer was in the vicinity. And with that, it meant much-needed assistance! So she waltzed over to who looked like the most dependable in the group: Maldarius. “Excuse me, Mr. Guild Officer! We came in just a teensy, eensy, little bit late. May we burden you the task of helping us catch up?”

Following behind her sister, Ilaria took a moment to observe all the faces and lifted a hand to wave at Yuria and Luljeta from where they were gathered in another group. Catching up to her sister, she shrunk back with her ears flopping back. "We're sorry." She murmured quietly after her sister mentioned their tardiness, though fell quiet soon after.
code by @Nano

Last edited:

Angelica looked down at Emmi after she asked her a question.

Emmi said:
Angle are you sure this the group you want to use that blue haired buy and his um stalkers are so noisy.

She glanced over the group, then the others before nodding, “Luljeta and Ms Feathers look wonderful to me. Yuria I can trust. The others are inconsequential, I think.” She’d caught the display by the Phoenix and she couldn’t say she disapproved.

Once Emmi sat and leaned against her leg, Angelica took to running her fingers through the gnome girl’s hair. The change to Emmi when Yuria brought up business intrigued the tigress but didn’t comment on their conversation.

Emmi said:
an talk about it later over a nice meal. But first back on the topic on hand I for one think a big strike group would be very effective we would get the job done twice as fast if we all work together isn't that right Angelica?

“Sure. What’s a couple of pipsqueak rodents anyway. I’ve seen worse monsters in Ciuma.”

Luljeta said:
“I- I dunno. I mean there’s a lot of us and…. Emmi’s not wrong some of us are just too loud.

Angelica was about to comment, but the senior officer was suddenly behind the Sheep. The tigress’ eyes instantly turned to daggers. She noticed the Phoenix used fire, so that narrowed down some information on her.

She suppressed a sort of sound once Officer Yun-seo told the noisy girls they were being separated. Why couldn’t he take the boy that they followed too?

Yun-seo said:
Additionally, the only real requirement to the teams is that you get the job done. Whether you wish to create ideal teams or hinder yourself with imbalance is all up to you. All four nests will need to be taken out before dusk becomes dawn. Additional requirements may be added as information gets updated. Never expect a mission to stay stagnant, you need to be ready to improve on the fly. This mission isn't the most dangerous, but it will be a great starting point to hone your skills and get a feel for what we do.

Angelica was quickly realizing that these guys weren’t going to hold any hands like their previous trainers might have.

“Again, I’m Angelica. A were in vitality. I can patch up smaller wounds but my speciality are physical buffs. Emmi is a gnome, so we have shaper. Yuria is human. I’m not sure about you three though? We’ve got a pretty okay balance so far I’d think.”

Soleil said:
A strike force is best with a scout, a shaper, a defender, and a genie. While I am the latter, I believe as we are limited in the twisted, I can be a scout. If we invite the trio over, we can likely split into two balanced teams, though a shaper may wish to join Mr. Corvax’s to complete his.

A genie, huh? They had a more balanced group than she thought.

“Not sure I know who Mr. Corvax is but I’d rather stay with this group. Inviting another group would be inviting a third scroll when I do not think having us that condensed is the best idea in a forest. We already have two scroll holders over here as it is.” She shot a sharp glare over at Razul with that last sentence.

It was then that a couple late arrivals showed up but Angelica was busy with her own group.

Maldarius | Askrvior | Yggdrasil

His hunch was right, he did like Hanuel. Though watching her create different overly dramatic poses to each statement told him that with Minerva, the two would be chaos lords on the field.

Arousing in its own way, made the heart pump! Things were bound to be exciting!

Yet just as he'd been about to ask the question of just what exactly they needed to prepare for this mission, what sort of things they could expect of these creatures outside of being outnumbered- he was addressed and so turned to look over his shoulder.

Saw one face then tilted his head down to look at the one the first was holding the hand of.

"Oh" his eyes went straight from face to tits then bounced back up to face, staying there.

Maldar processed the phantom words of what they had said to him and then he immediately began to laugh.

"HA! I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding" he replied in a much softer voice compared to the loud chuckle he'd just had, looking towards Esma and then looking at Illaria. My aren't they tiny. His fanged smile widened. "I am not an authority in this quest though am flattered you think I am." His hand reached out and politely pointed with all fingers in a slight nod to Hanuel. "She is."

"However it is a pleasure to meet you both!" Maldar raised his hand to take Esma's and shake it quickly with vigor, before going over and doing the exact same thing to Illaria with a wide smile on his face. "You ladies are exactly on time. Our quartet requires a few more members, we are splitting up into groups to solve a problem with NV's, and I was just about to ask our lovely firestarter" he waved with a flare towards Hanuel, "if there might be any unexpected things we should be aware of in regards to the creatures we would face. Ember Queen" he turned to Hanuel with a charming, almost fang-like smile- "please enlighten our newest members, if you would be so kind."

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: Uasal Uasal BriiAngelic BriiAngelic eeuphoria eeuphoria AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

The phoenix blinked, glancing down at her feathers as if to ascertain whether Angelica was referring to her. And then realized her mistake. Her mother would be ashamed. With a blush, she clarified, “Soleil,” she gave a slight curtsy in Angelica’s direction, in thanks for alerting her to her mistake, then added, “Sol, if you must.” Though the princess had given her the nickname, it was not how she thought of herself. Still, she would respond. Even after almost a year away from the palace, it still felt odd to be so casual with Lulujeta in public. She’d used the updraft of the rules to stay afloat, and now often felt she was straining to keep herself aloft on her own. Still, she was pleased the fellow lady recognized the princess’s worth.

As the weretigress elaborated on her skills, so did Soleil in turn, “I’m a phoenix, my strength is in wind and fire. With my feathers newly grown, I can fly above the treeline. This is why I believe I could scout ahead.” She shifted slightly, realizing the sisters had come. They now had another twisted. Excellent. Balance could be achieved.
First in answer, “Mr. Karv Corvax is the bear,” she nodded toward the massive already transformed man, figuring he was hard to miss. “His group lacks a shaper, so I thought potentially one could join him.” Here, she gave a graceful shrug, “If one wants. However,” she continued, “The trio, which has now expanded to five, I was referring to are those with Officer Hanuel. Who I doubt will join them. They lack a scroll.” Soleil couldn’t imagine not wanting to insure there was a balance between all parties, as they would pass or fail together.

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa The Prophet The Prophet

• unknown.png

Uasal Uasal (Minerva) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Mal) BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (NPCs) AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (Esma) eeuphoria eeuphoria (Ilaria)

Midday

Roy's CS File

The sound of a door pulling to a creaking shut was all that fortold her arrival. With an elegant shuffle she glided into the center of the shop approaching the shopkeeper.

“Roland? Is my order ready?”

Roland had been in the corner of his workshop when Odessa had come in. Considering she was the type of customer Roland liked, he would use her to get rid of a few things he had over-ordered.

“Yeah! One minute please!”

Calling out just enough, Roland grabbed a new unused hand rag, a bottle of weapon-grade lubricate, and the finished spear. With those in hand, he returned to the storefront of his shop, swiftly getting a burlap wrap on the counter, Roland placed the spear on top of it.

“You know my time rates, I’m charging you Seven and a half hours, plus the market price for the metal and wood. I’m throwing in some basic maintenance items as well, no charge.”

A nod was swiftly given to the charges. She knew better than to waste both their time haggling, besides that would be an insult to the craftsmanship. She pulled several bills from her purse and twirled them between her index and middle finger deftly wadding them up.

“Eight, it’s easier. If you don’t want it then put it on the tab.”

Roland offered a quick nod, taking the money and then wrapping the spearhead in burlap for safety. With two cuts of the burlap wrap, he also fashioned a little bag for the rag and weapon oil, tieing it off with a leather strip.

“Always a pleasure, enjoy your day.”

Knowing Odessa, Roland didn’t even wait to access the safe under the counter to store the money for his services.

Her eyes landed on her order sitting on the counter as Roland put the money away in the safe. Laying a hand on said counter, she tapped her fingernails in a steady beat against the surface.

“Have you gone on your first mission yet?” Now that the business portion of their deal was soon-to-be-complete, she had a curiosity she wanted settled.

Not used to the curiosity from the otherwise straight-to-the-point Odessa, Roland came to a pause, head tilting like a perplexed dog. Almost defensively he folded his arms over his chest.

“That should be later today. Closed signs will go up for about an hour til lunch. Why the sudden interest? Will your son be there with my handy work?” Hoping he didn’t ask too much, Roland also couldn’t discount the questions of a good customer, especially if it could affect business.

“Well, perhaps. It’s unlikely but he has taken an interest in becoming a Gazer. Horribly miserable idea as far as I’m concerned but still better than running off to the military.”

She pulled her hand back from the counter bringing with it the weapon. She strapped it to her hip and started to prepare to leave glancing back for just one last remark.

“That said, perhaps it’s not my place but… you do realize you gain nothing joining that little town defense force? A proper career pays more, and it’s not like you need a proper badge to go throw yourself to the wolves. Chaining yourself… well I don’t recommend it.”

Roland offered a small smile partnered with a slight shrug. He could try to explain but doubted that Odessa would care, or stick around for the whole spiel. Plus, he knew better than to try and force a conversation where they would have a disagreement. It was bad for business.

“I have my reasons, there is something to gain, but to each their own.”

Between his mother, uncles, and grandparents, Roland was thoroughly taught that money wasn’t the only value to chase in business. Quality only brought in customers that could see it. You can only buy materials you can see, that you can reach. Sitting in a shop only gets you so far. Networking, stretching your legs, finding your customers instead of waiting for them to find you. It’s all essential.

“Thanks for your business!”

With a nod she left the shop. She couldn’t be bothered to separate a fool from their dreams. Until forced to find another she’d continue business here.

“You might wanna put a step into it then, a little birdie let me know that a certain group was going to be dealing with our monster problem for good. Heaven knows I’ll be happy when the clinic clears out.”

After Odessa left Roland handled some light chores to pass the time, none of the forges on within the shop due to his scheduled leave for noon. A handful of other customers coming and going either placing orders or picking them up. At some point he had found himself in his apartment above the workshop, preparing lunch stuff to take with him to the meet-up at noon, even leaving half a sandwich for Profaner. By that point, Roland had left the closed side up at the customer entrance to his workshop. Grabbing a leather bag, Roland threw an assortment of useful tools, snacks, and water bottles in it before leaving the shop, making his way to the meet-up point.

Roland arrived at the meeting, soaking in everyone else's words, not wasting time with unnecessary chatter himself. When the papers were thrown into the crowd he felt no need to go after one, rather waiting to team up with someone that had commandeered a mission request. But it didn’t quite go down that way.

Roland shouldn’t have been surprised, Minerva dragging him into a team, especially with how they would verbally jab, albeit playfully, at one another since they met each other. He didn’t mind it, since it meant Roland wouldn’t need to bother asking himself into another team, but unfortunately, Roland only really knew Minerva, so the team would need to learn about each other via an unfortunately lengthy conversation later. Without knowing Maldarius’ name, Roland did denote the Red-haired man seemed to like talking, so unless it was urgent, Roland would leave it to them. When Esme and Ilaria came over, Roland just sorta discounted them in his head, the number of people in the group seemingly growing but he really didn’t want to think about it given an earlier decision of talking with everyone.

Walking forward, Roland finally spoke up, trying to use his straight-to-the-point customer service voice. “Not a wild question per se, but besides the paper, you just burnt up, would you happen to have another one? We do need the assignment after all.”

Looking back at everyone gathering in this group it was more like he was analyzing them than actually looking at them. “Once we have everything we need from the guild, we can go back to my workshop, if I’m going to depend on you, I want to make sure any armaments you have are in good shape and I’m a blacksmith.”

1668397143842.png
Minerva Morningdew

Minerva was quick to catch the scroll as it was tossed toward her. With this her harem, ahem, squad could be officially formed! Tossing the scroll into a small portal Minerva didnt bother to look at it before storing it away. After all the last thing she needed right now was to have it burned up again! With a smile, the Genie softly laughed at Hanuel and her reaction to the question posed, she seemed like a fun individual and most certainly like someone the chaotic genie could get along well with! Besides what a combo! A pyromaniac and a hyper-spatial genie walk into a bar- the scenes of untold destruction and chaos practically wrote themselves! Though before Minerva could pose any further questions two other individuals seemed to show up.

Two individuals had mistaken Mal for an officer, completely overlooking the fire elemental standing right beside Minerva. Wait, why was Minerva not the one mixed up as an officer? Mal was! Well, he was! Mal! His ego was already big enough! Besides Minerva thought she looked rather slick herself! The audacity! Moving her hands to her hips Minerva pouted in silence as the two women asked Mal their own questions and still when he responded in kind. Piping up at the very end when all seemed to have settled, Minerva spoke with a grin and playful tone "Huh, you two show up late and then even insult an officer. My, my, my, how rude and unacceptable! As punishment, you two shall be volunteering for my super fun adventure club harem, ahem, team. So far it includes- Myself, Minerva. Mal, this big tall guy. Roland, the dork standing over there looking all dorky and stuff. And Hanuel, who very much wants to join even though she won't admit it! Welcome aboard!"

Turning to Hanuel with an ever-growing grin Minerva crossed her arms and nodded "Though, obviously I know. Hanuel would you mind helping my new recruits here get up to speed on the situation? Hehe!" Shooting Mal a glare right after Minerva shot an elbow at his side "and you Mal! Stop flirting with the Officer! I want her to join us not file a restraining order!"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne BriiAngelic BriiAngelic eeuphoria eeuphoria

razul.png

Scene 3: The Great Divide
Synopsis:
Razul Dazzle's longtime harem friend group is suddenly separated from him by the cruel Guild officer! Will our hero be able to get through this exam with a host of strangers?
Additional Cast: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic The Prophet The Prophet Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik Lost Echo Lost Echo

razul.png
The initial snide comments did not bother Razul one bit. Untrusting strife between to-be companions was to be expected—it's what every protagonist of almost every adventure story ran into. At the very least, he was in this get-up. Surely it would have been far worse, had he appeared as he truly was...

But unfazed as he was, Razul's retinue did not take it so kindly, and they were just about to erupt at these disrespectful savages... until, with all fortune, the presence of a Guild officer quite literally dropped in. The news he bore, directed at each of the girls, transformed their frustrations into something else entirely.

"WHAT?"

For a split second, a grimace wrinkled Razul's lax expression as they yelled right beside his ears. Like a singular amalgamation, the four girls lurched at the officer with synchronized horror. Then, they all looked at each other. "So that's what their names were..." A faint remark went unnoticed.

"They can't separate us! What are we to do without our prince?"

"That's the problem! We're being looked down on because we..."

"You were about to say 'because we make Razul do everything for us,' right?!"

"You said it, not me!"

"Don't worry! I'll give the Guild people money and—"

"Not everything can be solved with money, Daisy! This is a genuine crisis! What are we going to do..."

"My ladies..."
in an instant, the girls fell to silence, all looking back to Razul. The horror in their faces melted away. "Please, do not fret. It saddens me to see such beauty be laden with sorrow..." They lit up one by one with redness. He walked into the group, hands outstretched to theirs. "I wish as much as you do that we may spend our time side by side, arm in arm, amid doing what is right. Even if not all of us pass, our roads will not separate here. Even if something worse occurs... all four of you have a place in my heart. Not ever shall I forget any of you." Then, in one singular swipe, his hand took all of theirs together, and he bowed down to kiss their palms.

The red in their face deepened so much so that steam might as well have risen from their heads. "Ah, Daisy fainted again..." Adeline muttered, catching her once more.

Even after the girls left, it took an absurd amount of time for them to look away from Razul, who never stopped waving and blowing kisses to them all. It was only when they disappeared into the crowds that the shining man stopped, staring longingly. After a moment of silence, Razul spun back around with a twirl of his cape, all same old smiles. "Now, where were we?" Though he asked that, he had somehow been paying attention to all that was happening around him.

"I suppose your concerns about my lovely fans are answered now, Yuria. I do hope they pass. They told me it was their dream to join this Guild... which happens to be after I told them of my own intentions to join." He chuckled at the memory.

Then he turned to the rest of the remaining group, confident as ever. "You may refer to me as Razul Dazzle, at your service." He bowed. Somehow, he seemed proud of that moniker. "I am a human as well, and I am your knight in shining armor. I have trained with this sword for a long time. Under my watch, I will ensure all of you fair ladies make it back safely." His eyes sharpened for a moment. "You have my word." As jarring as the rest of his actions may have been, Razul's demeanor told only of seriousness in that statement.

• Screenshot 2022-10-23 125617.png

Maldarius ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Minerva ( Uasal Uasal ), Roland ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ) Esma ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) Ilaria ( eeuphoria eeuphoria )

~ Midday || ~12pm ~

About Damn Time || Hanuel's Info

“Excuse me, Mr. Guild Officer! We came in just a teensy, eensy, little bit late. May we burden you the task of helping us catch up?”

She chuckled a bit at the girl’s clearly half asleep demenour. Mistaking a fellow graduate for a guild officer huh? It was lucky that it was more funny than sad.

"We're sorry."

“Don’t be, its your own loss if you’re left scrambling with no info tomorrow. Pray your fellow graduates take pity on you.”

Mal was quick to address the mistake which was almost disappointing. It could have been a good opportunity for him to confirm his thoughts. She would never let wrong info be shared in front of her. But… it was only fair to let them struggle a bit for being late.

"You ladies are exactly on time. Our quartet requires a few more members, we are splitting up into groups to solve a problem with NV's, and I was just about to ask our lovely firestarter if there might be any unexpected things we should be aware of in regards to the creatures we would face. Ember Queen please enlighten our newest members, if you would be so kind."

“Ah, sorry kiddos I got a remedial course to teach so make that a Trio. Maybe next time. As for the unexpected? Well its unexpected. We gave ya whatcha need. If you have a specific question then we might have the intel but how the hell should I know what you expect? Additionally, new members shall be updated by old ones unless they to have specific questions, so stop lying to them saying they’re on time.”

She looked back at Yun who was throwing her a sign to collect the remedial quartet. She waved him off deciding they would get zero preparations. If they wanted to know what they had to do they better damn well flag her down.

“Not a wild question per se, but besides the paper, you just burnt up, would you happen to have another one? We do need the assignment after all.”

Without a word, she tossed out each member of the little circle their own papers.

“Enjoy, I’m out now. Got things to do to set up your little mission. Any additional questions will need to wait til tomorrow or you can try to bother Yunnie and Sang.”

At her words she started to walk off, if anyone were to look back they’d quickly find that Yun-seo had ditched the clearing at some point.

• 271c54adb99003af38962da318b8f436.jpg

Vega ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Ayame ( Beann Beann ), Amaris ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ), Andalish ( BFabulous BFabulous )

~ Midday || ~12pm ~

Egg in the Backseat || Nettie's CS File

"Capture a Satpine! Think about how much we can learn! We can only observe them for minutes in combat, but if we capture one and take it back to the lab... I can't even imagine all of the opportunities!"

“Oh so you did say exactly what I didn’t want to hear. WHY? Why would you take the risks, theres already enough attacking the town, they probably caught a few… probably.”

He nearly fell off Vega’s shoulder from his violently quick snap forwards only barely managing to right himself on the other’s shoulder.

“You want to capture one? Are we allowed to?”

“Well... there isn't anything that specifically says we can't capture one,”

He let out a sigh at the conversations turn. He thought this was going to be a good solid group but they were already adding on additional challenges upon themselves. If they captured them instead of

“Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. We were asked specifically to clear out the nests.”

“Say, y've got a curious smell to ya'. S'makin' me hungry. Oi! What says ye we go n' get some food! Nuff talkin' 'bout these rat bastards.”

He nodded from his position on Vega’s shoulder. Yes please, food is so much better than trying to risk their health to capture monsters. His hopes dropped however when another scientist came closer to the group. Was it too late to swap? He glanced at Ayame hoping her expression would give some form of escape.

"Excuse me!? I heard you mention capturing a satpine for research. Would it be alright if I joined y'all?"

"If you all help, you would all be considered assistants to field research, and Julia doesn't let any work done for her go uncompensated!"

Then again… he did need the cash. Heck part of joining the guild was to get some easier travel and build connections to make expenses a little cheaper. Archeological jobs only got him so far…

“Okay, fine… You just need one right? One shouldn’t be too hard with the proper equipment. We can take a detour to stock what we need right? Would this Julia provide us the materials to safely transport it or do we need to go shopping?”

His stomach growled. The tea had really managed to make him hungry, and Vega’s talk of food didn’t help much.

“But first, for real can we get some food? Me and Ayame only really got tea and some snacks.”

• 46edcd0fc51822f96e65109dc1e2b891.jpg

~ Midday || ~12pm ~

Love Like Mine || Lule's CS File

“Again, I’m Angelica. A were in vitality. I can patch up smaller wounds but my speciality are physical buffs. Emmi is a gnome, so we have shaper. Emmi is a gnome, so we have shaper. Yuria is human. I’m not sure about you three though? We’ve got a pretty okay balance so far I’d think.”

“I’m a phoenix, my strength is in wind and fire. With my feathers newly grown, I can fly above the treeline. This is why I believe I could scout ahead.”

"You may refer to me as Razul Dazzle, at your service. I am a human as well, and I am your knight in shining armor. I have trained with this sword for a long time. Under my watch, I will ensure all of you fair ladies make it back safely. You have my word."

Lule nodded along as they introduced their specialties, shifting excitedly as Razul spoke. She put her hands on her hips as they ended saying her own introduction with more gusto than when she was initially speaking her name.

“I’m Lule, Were, Golden Fleecey species! My specialties are Inertia. I’m good at using it to create sleepiness and slow down monsters. In terms of my Were form… I think I’m pretty durable, my fur is very protective!”

As if to display it she dropped to all fours and shifted into a large Golden Ewe that stood as tall as Lule was and was just as long with most of its form consisting of fluffy fur that was not nearly as soft as it looked. As she shifted you could hear the weight behind the form as it seemed heavier than Lule’s natural appearance. Her grin looked more menacing in her Were form. She jumped up in the air shifting back before their eyes.

“However, the trio which has now expanded to five, I was referring to are those with Officer Hanuel. Who I doubt will join them. They lack a scroll.”

“Are we sure the scrolls matter though? Mr. Hak mentioned that we were free to approach the mission however we want so long as all the nests are dealt with. Maybe we should just focus on working out a strategy. Do you think the other groups will help us plan that?”

Baby's First Steps // Prologue Arc, Part 2 || Spring, April 2nd, 1000PM

Haugr Forest Treeline; Campsite
April 2nd, 1000 PM at 7:00 PM

Screenshot 2022-11-14 174457.png

Description: Class 34 is to cull a population of Satpines that are getting a little out of hand. Everyone meets up at the designated location at 7 pm before venturing in.
Reward: Full Access to the Request Board, Gazer Badges

A Gazer Camp was settled up just outside Haugr Forest. The camp was a bustling location with evidence that it has been active in the area for a few months. Tents littered the grounds— sleep sites, the armory, first aid, and meals. A couple of covered transport trucks were parked nearby as supplies were being carried to and from the vehicles. A few campfires were started with people huddled around to catch some warmth, enjoying a hot meal, likely before or after one of their own missions.

“ATTENTION. ABOUT FACE.”

The shout came from behind the group as Hanuel walked forwards approaching the campsite. She wasn’t alone however as other officers followed behind her. Most were unrecognizable and clearly from another branch as they gave a wide berth of distance from the lone other recognizable officer, Sang-Hun. Sang-hun’s expression stayed neutral while he took a sip of the drink from his tumbler in one hand, the other in his pocket, as he lingered near Hanuel.

“Listen up Gazers, we have some news for you! Starting with a proper debriefing. Circle up circle up.”

She stepped forwards motioning for the group with her to follow. She lined each up to present for the group in front of them.

“Okay! So as you know, or should because we told you yesterday. Your job is to clear out four of the largest Satpine nests in Haugr Forest. If our intel is good this will thin out the populations enough that the stragglers that keep attacking Askrvior can be quickly dealt with. These guys behind me? They’re going to deal with the bigger threats in their own missions. These guys are from the Bekkr Branch.”

She gestured over her shoulder with her thumb pointed at the line of Gazers behind her. Typically their own branch members would support them… but theirs had their own missions that were keeping them otherwise occupied.

“This forest isn’t only hosting Satpines, but their mob nature makes it more annoying to get deep enough to deal with other threats. It’s not a dead zone but there are some areas that are starting to be at risk, which I don’t need to explain what a huge problem that would be. So we noticed five distinct groups appearing yesterday, now the problem is we said there are four nests.”

Her manic grin widened as she threw her hands on her hips.

“So drop all your preconceived plans and get ready to team up. As you can see there are five trails from this entrance. East, Northeast, North, Northwest, and West. If you follow all the paths but North you’ll find yourself running into a major Satpine nest. Each of you will be selecting a path to go hit. Remedial Crew you’re with me on North. We’ll be clearing some smaller ones and doing recon to ensure no other ones are developing. Now, Sang! Let ‘em know what each path holds.”

“Each path has a nest of monsters waiting for you. Be careful to not fall for any of their ambushes. Their stingers are a bitch. The nests will likely be within a tree husk or up in the branches. They use whatever they can get their hands on to build these up. The paths may be dark and rocky. The fluorescent plants within will only make darker locations darker. We’re watching the perimeters for the bigger threats but you need to still be on the lookout.”

Once the debriefing was complete, Sang-hun finished with, “If anyone wants a quick training session with me before you head in, I can give a couple tips. I’ll be by the First Aid tent.” Then, he was on his way to said tent, passing by a group of Gazers as they whispered to one another.

“Hear where he’s from?” A dwarf said.

“What if he goes berserk? Did you see how much of that shit he was eating earlier?” An elf.

“Making someone like him an officer…” A half-giant whispered.

“Any known dead zones nearby?”

“HEY PEANUT GALLERY SHUT UP. If y’all have nothing better to do than to talk shit then get lost and get back to your own duties.”

The shout from Hanuel had the group scattering as they seemed to run back to their own branch members. Further into the forest Yun-Seo and several of stood in the treetops far down the Northernmost path scanning the forest below watching for any monsters trying to break through the lines.

Good To Post
Taigakitt Taigakitt Uasal Uasal The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Beann Beann AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Pik Pik Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Elenion Aura Elenion Aura The Prophet The Prophet Phayne Phayne The Regal Rper The Regal Rper eeuphoria eeuphoria Lost Echo Lost Echo BFabulous BFabulous simj26 simj26

For Link:
Beets826 Beets826

Screenshot 2022-10-16 222425.png

Last edited:
1668472296811.png
Minerva Morningdew

Minerva was quick to pipe up, she had let the opportunity of catching one of the original four scrolls pass her by yesterday morning, today was not going to be the same! After all she had a scroll now and was most certainly the captain of her team, as the most responsible and level-headed of the bunch of course! Shooting her hand up into the air and hopping up on her toes Minerva swung said hand to and fro with great speed "Oh us! Us! Over here! My team will take the left! I mean east! WEST!? The path over there with the tree... ahhh there!" Pointing her hand to the leftmost path Minerva flapped her wings with a huff "That one!".

Moving her hands to her hips and tilting her head up with confidence as she fell back to her feet Minerva was clearly dying to get started. "Anyone looking to join, come on up! My hare..... TEAM is accepting applicants!" With a grin, Minerva turned back to the four teammates she had already assembled and offered forth a thumbs up "Hehehe, are you all ready? Anyone need to go to the toilet before we set off? Everyone packed? Roland, did you bring your binky? Any questions?". Pausing for a moment Minerva was suddenly hit with a realisation "Wait, actually Easma, Ilaria... what can you two do exactly?".

Truth be told the words exchanged between the members of the other branch had also piqued her interest, but she could get to that later, besides it was better to ask them when the subject matter himself wasn't in earshot. Was the man somehow dangerous? Why would he go berserk? He seemed rather calm and nice. How peculiar.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne eeuphoria eeuphoria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back